PDA

View Full Version : Free XSUSENET accounts are limited to 25Gb\month

Hypatia
04-13-2012, 07:32 AM
the title says it all :)

Funkin'
04-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Great...

Still though. Beggars can't be choosers.

Stabber
04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
They are still very good as fill servers

anon
04-13-2012, 12:51 PM
They are still very good as fill servers

Or for a non-heavy downloader. 25GB is around how much I download every month, if not actually more.

Can't you make more than one account and use them from different IPs, anyway? I even used a disposable e-mail for mine... it still works.

LazyGuy
04-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Great...

Still though. Beggars can't be choosers.

rightly said Funkin

they have even started filtering out accounts created with disposable email addresses
tried making a new account for myself using mailinator, dispostable, guerillamail, none of them worked they were caught immediately
any suggestions for a disposable email address creator?
or do i have to bite the bullet and register 3 new google mail accounts?

anon
04-13-2012, 05:35 PM
they have even started filtering out accounts created with disposable email addresses
tried making a new account for myself using mailinator, dispostable, guerillamail, none of them worked they were caught immediately
any suggestions for a disposable email address creator?

Try Spambog.com, that's what I used. It's in German but there's an option to change the language.

LazyGuy
04-13-2012, 05:46 PM
spambog is detected as fake address too
the XSUsenet guys have gotten clever

anon
04-13-2012, 06:16 PM
spambog is detected as fake address too
the XSUsenet guys have gotten clever

They have many domains. Registering on XSUsenet seems to work with @brennendesreich.de, maybe others.

LazyGuy
04-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks Anon
it worked :)

zot
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Sometimes I cannot even log into the xsusenet server, and sometimes the speed is under 500 kilobits/sec. Just4today seems to be more consistently reliable - and a lot faster.

sandman_1
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Sometimes I cannot even log into the xsusenet server, and sometimes the speed is under 500 kilobytes/sec. Just4today seems to be more consistently reliable - and a lot faster.

True I get the same behavior. However when it does work you cant beat the retention.

ersatzp
04-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Sometimes I cannot even log into the xsusenet server, and sometimes the speed is under 500 kilobits/sec. Just4today seems to be more consistently reliable - and a lot faster.

Same here. I don't know if I could even pull 15gb/month down because their speed and consistency are so poor.

djmasturbeat
05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
has anyone else been having the issue that the site gives either a "Loading" or broken image icon?
trying to go to the FAQ, login, join us, etc only nets the same results, and the url is kust xsusenet.com/#1 or /#2
or #3, etc
I can only access my account by knowing the actual login url.
trying to create an account at the bottom of the page it tells me that I did not correctly enter the captcha, but there is no captcha there!

is anyone else having all these issues?
I have tried Chrome, FF, and IE, all the same.

anon
05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
has anyone else been having the issue that the site gives either a "Loading" or broken image icon?
trying to go to the FAQ, login, join us, etc only nets the same results, and the url is kust xsusenet.com/#1 or /#2
or #3, etc
trying to create an account at the bottom of the page it tells me that I did not correctly enter the captcha, but there is no captcha there!

Those are all symptoms of having JavaScript disabled.

EricPost
05-15-2012, 04:07 PM
or #3, etc

Those are all symptoms of having JavaScript disabled.

I had the same problem. I was using Ghostery which blocks tracking. So make sure you have ad blockers and track blockers disabled and you should get the site OK

djmasturbeat
05-17-2012, 01:27 PM
i think it is ghostery.
I am using it and a few other similar tools.

thanks for the tip.