PDA

View Full Version : C++ Runtime Error

duffman0108289
02-10-2003, 03:59 AM
i download a lot of movies thru kazaa and they seem to run by far the best on divX player,however in many of these movies there are certain points in which they will crash bringing up the message 'microsoft visual c++runtime library error, abnormal program termination' at which point the movie shuts down. I downloaded divfix 1.091 and rebuilt the index on one of these problem movies and when i scanned the new file no errors were found !SUCESS!, the only problem now is divx payer wont play this new file. Maybe im using divfix wrongly or something but its driving me crazy. any suggestions would be apreciated

4play
02-10-2003, 12:29 PM
turn off the visual c++ debugger.
it will probably fix the problem ;)

duffman0108289
02-15-2003, 11:02 PM
thanx for that, at the risk of soundin a bit clueless where do i find the setting to turn off the c++ debugger?

Supernatural
02-16-2003, 07:06 AM
I think you have to re-encode a movie after the index has been stripped and rebuilt. I'm just taking a wild guess here, so I could be wrong.

duffman0108289
02-16-2003, 02:29 PM
i assume ur talkin bout the strip and rebuild settings in divfix, when i try to strip it i get a message sayin 'unexpected end of file, index not found'. it does however let me rebuild the index though when i try to play the rebuilt version nothin happens, as for re-encodin the file how would i go about doin that?

ceptron
01-05-2006, 09:40 PM
To Resolve The Problem Of The "c++ Runtime Error" In Emule, Just Clean Your Windows Registry With A Free Registry Cleaner, Make A Backup First !