PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a computer system

kanchan345
04-21-2012, 07:17 AM
I want to purchase a computer system and my budget is under 25,000/ rupees.i want to assemble it with different company's hardware.can you help me which company is best for Mouse,which one is for Monitor so on??

Artemis
04-21-2012, 07:21 AM
rs.i? Do you have repetitive stress injury?

Chewie
04-21-2012, 11:37 AM
What is an rs worth in real money?

IdolEyes787
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Unless I am messing up according to Google 25000 Indian rupees is about $500 US,25000 Pakistani rupees is less than $400.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/currencies/converter/#from=PKR;to=USD;amt=25000

Chewie
04-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I didn't want to guess where kanchan was from and figured rs might be ruipees, roubles or rands... you haven't made an assumption based on this members apparent name, have you? That might be construed a little awkwardly.

kanchan345
04-23-2012, 05:26 AM
rs. stands for Rupees that is India's currency.and in shortcut it is written as rs.are you all satisfied?
I have made correction in my post so now you can easily understand.

Chewie
04-23-2012, 12:34 PM
rs. stands for Rupees that is India's currency.and in shortcut it is written as rs.are you all satisfied?
I have made correction in my post so now you can easily understand.Are we satisfied? That sounds agressive for someone asking for help & advice, but I'm willing to let it go as English is not your first language.

I want to purchase a computer system and my budget is under 25,000/ rupees.i want to assemble it with different company's hardware.can you help me which company is best for Mouse,which one is for Monitor so on??
Oh now that makes a lot more sense. Much clearer. Doesn't change the fact that you're expecting other people to go and spend time looking for a complete setup while you just sit and wait, twiddling your thumbs.

Nevertheless, I shall give you some pointers so you yourself can spend a few days putting items in and taking them out of baskets at various supplier websites trying to stay within your budget...

Case: Cooler Master, Antec, Silverstone are three of the best but it's mostly down to what you think looks best.
Motherboard: Asus, Gigabyte
CPU: Intel
Cooler: be quiet! or Noctua
RAM: Geil
Video: nVidia
Sound: Asus
Wi-Fi: Netgear
Optical: Pioneer, Plextor but all the same really
HDD: all the same really
PSU: Antec or be quiet!
Mouse: Saitek
Keyboard: Saitek
Monitor: Samsing or Dell

HTH

kanchan345
04-24-2012, 05:39 AM
hello chewie..
You are right,English is not my first language.will you please tell me that what i should write in place of "are you all satisfied"?
and thanks for your advise.

Artemis
04-24-2012, 05:56 AM
I was jogging down the same track chewie but each time I thought out a reply it came out rude and the user is new so I just left it....

The basic point kanchan, noone else is going to put in much effort if you don't yourself. I myself live the other side of the world from the Indian sub-continent so I'm not about to get myself acquainted with your suppliers and find the best deals etc when you haven't even bothered to look yourself and post suggestions of what you think you would like. We can suggest what is good/bad hardware combinations, but you need to do some of the legwork yourself too, especially regarding which are the best local suppliers in terms of cost and reliability in India.

Chewie
04-24-2012, 08:21 AM
hello chewie..
You are right,English is not my first language.will you please tell me that what i should write in place of "are you all satisfied"?
and thanks for your advise.There's no need to ask the question. Asking if we're satisfied implies that we are being unreasonable when all that happened was that you were not clear enough. It's agressive and confrontational.
You could have typed, "I'm sorry, I meant Rupees! LOL XD"/ ;)
Also, advise (pronounced advize) is a verb, meaning to give advice. This is not a massive problem though, as about 80% of my friends don't know the bloody difference!

I was jogging down the same track chewie but each time I thought out a reply it came out rude and the user is new so I just left it....

The basic point kanchan, noone else is going to put in much effort if you don't yourself. I myself live the other side of the world from the Indian sub-continent so I'm not about to get myself acquainted with your suppliers and find the best deals etc when you haven't even bothered to look yourself and post suggestions of what you think you would like. We can suggest what is good/bad hardware combinations, but you need to do some of the legwork yourself too, especially regarding which are the best local suppliers in terms of cost and reliability in India.I second Artemis' thoughts.
Why would anyone, anywhere in the world, who is not acquainted with you, wish to do more than just help, but actually do everything for you? It implies an arrogant level of self-entitlement that does not go down very well. Go for a browse around some online hardware suppliers/merchants/shops and add a few parts to your basket, then ask the good people here at FST what they think of your choices. You will find that you will get plenty of opinions on what is good and what should be avoided.

kanchan345
04-26-2012, 05:29 AM
hello Chewie...
I would like to say you thank you very much for your suggestions.

Artemis
04-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Just go to a market and have some quality shirt and T shirt.Because in this quantity of money you can just enjoy the shopping not a quality computer.

Who are you the master of ceremonies for, the sphincter club?

megabyteme
04-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Just go to a market and have some quality shirt and T shirt.Because in this quantity of money you can just enjoy the shopping not a quality computer.
master of ceremonies singapore (http://www.emceemelvin.com/)

Once a MC, now he's just a member of the banned. :happy:

Artemis
04-28-2012, 11:37 AM

I'd edit your poast to get rid of the link to remove all traces of sphincterboi like I have meg. :blink:

IdolEyes787
04-28-2012, 12:17 PM

The place has gotten so bad that spam linkers are now spamming other spam linkers threads.
I think the only realistic solution is to ship them all to Art so he can then proceed to snap them all like twigs.

Artemis
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM

The place has gotten so bad that spam linkers are now spamming other spam linkers threads.
I think the only realistic solution is to ship them all to Art so he can then proceed to snap them all like twigs.

Thanx like I don't have enough of a workload :snooty:

dion09529
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Hey kanchan!
Once you've made ​​known your budget and rest of the requirements, please inform us what are you going to do with your system: gaming, movies, computer programming or coding, music....?

PS: Mouse and keyboard are the last things you should worry. It'll do the same thing no matter how expensive/cheap you'll buy.

Snee
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
PS: Mouse and keyboard are the last things you should worry. It'll do the same thing no matter how expensive/cheap you'll buy.

Hell no. There's a world of difference between, say, the limited edition boomslang of 2008, and some cheap plastic mickey mouse-mouse you can buy from a gas station or something.

And the same goes for keyboards, especially if you play any fps.

dion09529
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I admit I spoke from my point of view. Of course, these peripherals includes some features that makes browsing easier for example. It depends on what kanchan needs.

Artemis
05-04-2012, 02:04 AM
I admit I spoke from my point of view. Of course, these peripherals includes some features that makes browsing easier for example. It depends on what kanchan needs.

Well kanchan hasn't even bothered to come back and check his own thread so I wouldn't be too worried, this does happen all the time, often threads are created simply as a way of increasing post count if there aren't any available threads to spam.

-Edit Kanchan345 just dropped in to spambomb the lounge with some indian travelogue bollocks so I wouldn't hold my breath about this being a serious inquiry, as I predicted this was spam.

shopperpk
05-08-2012, 12:34 PM
So why you are worried so much for getting different products of different companies. I suggest you to buy Dell branded system with all products brand new and company installed. It will cost you less than 25k indian rupees.

Chewie
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
So why you are worried so much for getting different products of different companies. I suggest you to buy Dell branded system with all products brand new and company installed. It will cost you less than 25k indian rupees.What the fuck are you talking about? You don't get value for money when you buy a box product; you get an underperforming, overbloated COA-linked-to-your-motherboard computer from a company whose support all too frequently consists of "pave and nuke - sorry you've lost all your data, sir."

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 12:12 AM
So why you are worried so much for getting different products of different companies. I suggest you to buy Dell branded system with all products brand new and company installed. It will cost you less than 25k indian rupees.What the fuck are you talking about? You don't get value for money when you buy a box product; you get an underperforming, overbloated COA-linked-to-your-motherboard computer from a company whose support all too frequently consists of "pave and nuke - sorry you've lost all your data, sir."

You know there was a time in the U.S. when it was actually cheaper to buy a complete branded system. It was strange because it was a middle age period for home computing prices. Here's the map of the prices as produced from my faulty memory.

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I could have totally made this up, but I will refuse to acknowledge any evidence to the contrary unless it is accompanied with some deconstructive analysis of why I had an HP system.

Artemis
05-11-2012, 12:33 AM

It gets better Chewie, the vendors, Dell, HP etc. used to provide at least a CD/DVD image to do the aforementioned nuke, now you are expected to create a recovery set yourself as a customer. For most people this is put in the I'll do it later basket, and when they REALLY need the recovery set, it is too late, the system is already unstable. At this point the vendor informs you that you can pay for a copy of the image, I deal with this all the time with both Dell and HP. If there was the ability to reach through the phone to choke the living shit out of the sanctimonious smile on the other end I would happily do so, because for the average consumer there is virtually no explanation about this, malware/virus infections trash the system and they are left with the expense of someone doing both the data retrieval and the cost of purchasing the backup image, a cost here in New Zealand of between $65-$95 plus shipping. It is an out and out rip off!

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=Chewie;3674859]It gets better Chewie, the vendors, Dell, HP etc. used to provide at least a CD/DVD image to do the aforementioned nuke, now you are expected to create a recovery set yourself as a customer.

I got an ISO for one of those recovery discs off a torrent once when I was doing a laptop computer repair/recovery.

Artemis
05-11-2012, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=Artemis;3674873]

I got an ISO for one of those recovery discs off a torrent once when I was doing a laptop computer repair/recovery.

They are tied to specific series, the image checks a code in the BIOS. The wrong code sequence and the recovery halts, so that image will only work for that particular series of laptop or desktop.

But on the plus side, a big ups to whoever upped the image, a decent human being, and a big finger to the corporations saving the cost of storage media, what is going to cost them 5-10 cents per copy?

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=mjmacky;3674875]

They are tied to specific series, the image checks a code in the BIOS. The wrong code sequence and the recovery halts, so having an image will only work for that particular series of laptop or desktop.

But on the plus side, a big ups to whoever upped the image, a decent human being, and a big finger to the corporations saving the cost of storage media, what is going to cost them 5-10 cents per copy?

I know that dufus, but maybe you're just stating for posterity. IIRC, it was linked on the support forum and using one of those open public trackers. I recall being surprised that there were a handful of seeders (like it wasn't > 10, but still, I was only expecting 0 or 1). Remember those public trackers like publicbt and dennis stalker? Are they even necessary nowadays?

Artemis
05-11-2012, 01:22 AM
[QUOTE=Artemis;3674878]

I know that dufus, but maybe you're just stating for posterity. IIRC, it was linked on the support forum and using one of those open public trackers. I recall being surprised that there were a handful of seeders (like it wasn't > 10, but still, I was only expecting 0 or 1). Remember those public trackers like publicbt and dennis stalker? Are they even necessary nowadays?

This is a public forum cock knocker so I was stating it for posterity, and yes public trackers are very much needed for the great unwashed, the very same people who didn't know to backup the system when they first purchased it. When your PC commits hara kiri fishing around for an invite to a private tracker isn't exactly going to be top of your priority list now is it?

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 01:50 AM
This is a public forum cock knocker so I was stating it for posterity, and yes public trackers are very much needed for the great unwashed, the very same people who didn't know to backup the system when they first purchased it. When your PC commits hara kiri fishing around for an invite to a private tracker isn't exactly going to be top of your priority list now is it?

So it was like what I just said exactly word for word?

Also, I meant tracker in the truest sense of the word, the system that actually does all the tracker business, with no affiliated website (or if there is an affiliated website, it just announces they're a public tracker). That's why I gave examples. The reason I was wondering is that's how I used to fileshare mid-sized to larger files in local circles. On the rarer occasions that I do share nowadays, DDL filehosting seems to work sufficiently. I was just thinking that since the last time I've used a public tracker like publicbt, has all that DHT and peer discovery crap evolved to the point of near self-sustenance?

Artemis
05-11-2012, 02:27 AM

So it was like what I just said exactly word for word?

Also, I meant tracker in the truest sense of the word, the system that actually does all the tracker business, with no affiliated website (or if there is an affiliated website, it just announces they're a public tracker). That's why I gave examples. The reason I was wondering is that's how I used to fileshare mid-sized to larger files in local circles. On the rarer occasions that I do share nowadays, DDL filehosting seems to work sufficiently. I was just thinking that since the last time I've used a public tracker like publicbt, has all that DHT and peer discovery crap evolved to the point of near self-sustenance?

I thought my insult was more original.

Where exactly did you say anything exactly word for word with what I said in that inanity you babbled anyway?

Personally I try and stay very, very, very far away from the mosh pit's that are public bt trackers, if you read back, I was trying to explain from the perspective of ma and pa kettle when they discover the demise of their operating system and then if they are smart enough to head for the forums find someone helpful enough to suggest downloading from the intertubes. Unfortunately if they don't have that nouse they end up getting scalped for the price of the recovery system from the ever helpful support dickheads at the other end of the telephone in the call center in India or the Philippines or wherever it is currently cheapest for big companies to farm out support contracts.

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm certain we are not talking about the same thing. There's a reason I wasn't putting a space between public and bt and specifically referring to publicbt. It's not something you are supposed to know, but it's been a useful method.

junglebook
05-14-2012, 02:09 AM
http://www.ebuyer.com/

Chewie
05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.ebuyer.com/Wow! a 40+ post dickwad.

What the fuck are you talking about? You don't get value for money when you buy a box product; you get an underperforming, overbloated COA-linked-to-your-motherboard computer from a company whose support all too frequently consists of "pave and nuke - sorry you've lost all your data, sir."

You know there was a time in the U.S. when it was actually cheaper to buy a complete branded system. It was strange because it was a middle age period for home computing prices. Here's the map of the prices as produced from my faulty memory.

111826Yes, some of the boxes appear to be value-for-money as far as specs go, but utilising integrated graphics, badly designed motherboards, cheap components and 30-day trials of system-hogging bloatware pretty much negate the advertised features. So many box buyers don't appreciate that an i5, 4GB RAM and 1TB does not automatically equal good preformance.
I wonder haw many Apple fan-boys realise the disdain with which Foxconn products are viewed by those that know about quality PC components.

It gets better Chewie, the vendors, Dell, HP etc. used to provide at least a CD/DVD image to do the aforementioned nuke, now you are expected to create a recovery set yourself as a customer. For most people this is put in the I'll do it later basket, and when they REALLY need the recovery set, it is too late, the system is already unstable. At this point the vendor informs you that you can pay for a copy of the image, I deal with this all the time with both Dell and HP. If there was the ability to reach through the phone to choke the living shit out of the sanctimonious smile on the other end I would happily do so, because for the average consumer there is virtually no explanation about this, malware/virus infections trash the system and they are left with the expense of someone doing both the data retrieval and the cost of purchasing the backup image, a cost here in New Zealand of between $65-$95 plus shipping. It is an out and out rip off!Yeah I was a bit cheesed off when I found Toshiba did the same for my Equium (or The Quim as I call it). Fortunately, I had made use of the feature before the hard drive in it went wobbly.
Got a compaq with a DC jack problem the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find OEM re-installation media in the bag with it. :)

Artemis
05-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Wow! a 40+ post dickwad.

A short history of junglebook. He turned up with some weird crusade about childpornography in the lounge but had taken too much medication that week and didn't make much sense. Everyone made not so gentle suggestions about going and playing under a bus etc., so eventually he switched over to angry spamtard mode and got walloped with a 2 day disablement. Since then he has come back, still pissed and randomly posts shite, then buggers off again. I personally now treat him like a mushroom and leave him in the dark, it's better that way.......

Chewie
05-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow! a 40+ post dickwad.I personally now treat him like a mushroom and leave him in the dark, it's better that way.......Sounds like a plan.

mjmacky
05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes, some of the boxes appear to be value-for-money as far as specs go, but utilising integrated graphics, badly designed motherboards, cheap components and 30-day trials of system-hogging bloatware pretty much negate the advertised features. So many box buyers don't appreciate that an i5, 4GB RAM and 1TB does not automatically equal good preformance.
I wonder haw many Apple fan-boys realise the disdain with which Foxconn products are viewed by those that know about quality PC components.

I don't think most Apple fan-boys know what a computer component is, at least not until a marketing exec decides to tell them about it. I don't know if we're approaching the age of complete systems becoming cheaper than their DIY counterparts, but it has all reached a price point where it doesn't even matter (the prices won't be too steep and the difference will be small). The only problem for most consumers now is knowing what's good, what's shit, and what combinations work. For instance, RAM <--> motherboard compatibility is still a very real issue.

megabyteme
05-17-2012, 07:50 PM
I've been wondering how long it will be before small form factors (specifically netbooks, tablets, and handhelds) wipe out home/business PCs with the exception of specific use (gaming, network hubs, 3D render farms, video editing).

I can do most any troubleshooting/repair on a PC. What can be done on those smaller, portable devices is limited. I feel like a portion of my skill set is nearing obsolescence. :(

bijoy
05-20-2012, 07:15 AM
I think Hardforum, ocn or many other forum like that would have been more appropriate place for this kind of discussion.

Artemis
05-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I think Hardforum, ocn or many other forum like that would have been more appropriate place for this kind of discussion.

And I'm sure when you become a team member on this forum your thoughts on what is appropriate will actually hold some weight. :blink:

bijoy
05-23-2012, 12:05 PM

And I'm sure when you become a team member on this forum your thoughts on what is appropriate will actually hold some weight. :blink:

Problem is when I saw this thread, I can't really understand what OP actually wants or what what he have already purchased.

Artemis
05-23-2012, 12:22 PM

Problem is when I saw this thread, I can't really understand what OP actually wants or what what he have already purchased.
kanchan is/was a spammer the membership was set up to spam tourist links in the user signature. It is s a fairly standard technique spammers use, sign on, burble on with inane threads/questions they have no intention of coming back to check the answer to wait for the magical two weeks, then spam away.Once disabled repeat process with new username.....
The numeric sequence in the username is usually a hint, they most often (not always) are spam accounts, also if the names are almost but not quite words/names they are usually randomly generated by spambots.