PDA

View Full Version : Does LOL have 2 NFO styles?

WaTTacK
04-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I was wondering if the TV group of scene releasers LOL has two different kind of NFO styles or if there are (I don't know if this would even be allowed) two different groups with the same name.
If there is only one group, why do they have 2 different styles and who chooses which one to adopt for each release? Based on what?
Or is it something like two different divisions of the same group?

mjmacky
04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
You know what'd be really cool? If you at least managed to post some examples so that those of us who couldn't give less a fuck could have a little more material to work with (sorry Les). Who hurt you when you were younger?

IdolEyes787
04-22-2012, 01:19 PM
I was wondering if the TV group of scene releasers LOL has two different kind of NFO styles or if there are (I don't know if this would even be allowed) two different groups with the same name.
If there is only one group, why do they have 2 different styles and who chooses which one to adopt for each release? Based on what?
Or is it something like two different divisions of the same group?

I'll try to answer all your questions as completely as I can.

Maybe.
I have absolutely no idea.
I don't know.
Could be but who's really to say?

WaTTacK
04-22-2012, 07:03 PM
LOL.
Thanks for the replies, I wasn't actually expecting anything more than that.
@mjmacky: I believe you would know what I was talking about, if you knew the answers to my questions.
Anyhow, here's what I was referring to:
Search the NFO's of "The.Firm.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL" and "Fringe.S04E19.HDTV.x264-LOL", they do not look alike at all.

zot
04-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Different graphics and slightly altered page format, but note the email address at the bottom -- it's the same!

IdolEyes787
04-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Different graphics and slightly altered page format, but note the email address at the bottom -- it's the same!

It frankly worries me that you took his inquiry seriously.

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 11:04 AM
LOL.
Thanks for the replies, I wasn't actually expecting anything more than that.
@mjmacky: I believe you would know what I was talking about, if you knew the answers to my questions.
Anyhow, here's what I was referring to:
Search the NFO's of "The.Firm.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL" and "Fringe.S04E19.HDTV.x264-LOL", they do not look alike at all.

You couldn't just like, make a picture or something? I will definitely be able to answer your question if, the next time I check this thread, you posted a side by side image and thus does not require me to venture out and research it.

WaTTacK
04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
For the sake of sarcasm, here you are.
(and before you wonder: no, I did not have anything better to do.)

The.Firm.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL (http://nzbindex.nl/nfo/69399124/94697-FULL-a.b.teeveeEFNet-The.Firm.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL-0633-the.firm.114.hdtv-lol.sample.mp4.nzb/?q=)
Fringe.S04E19.HDTV.x264-LOL (http://nzbindex.nl/nfo/69375896/94592-FULL-a.b.teeveeEFNet-Fringe.S04E19.HDTV.x264-LOL-0131-fringe.419.hdtv-lol.nfo.nzb/?q=)

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 12:04 PM
same, wanna know why?
I don't have anything better to do for the next 2 hours anyway

cinephilia
04-23-2012, 05:31 PM
never dl releases that have ugly nfo bro

zot
04-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Maybe you think I should bullshit and ridicule all the noobs who ask questions here, but I prefer to leave that role to the more experienced forum trolls. ;)

IdolEyes787
04-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Maybe you think I should bullshit and ridicule all the noobs who ask questions here, but I prefer to leave that role to the more experienced forum trolls. ;)

Sorry but you can't get there from here.

Btw I don't ridicule or bullshit anyone but myself.

zot
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM

I was not trying to point any fingers at you or anyone else in particular, or even this forum in particular (which I'd rank as relatively tame in comparison).

When it comes to questions from new visitors, I try to make a point to take everything here at face value and give everyone the benefit of any doubt, no matter how 'dumb' the question might seem or how 'fishy' the odor.

There's usually no shortage of other people to call them out on it, but I might prefer to take the other side and "play the good cop" (except when I think people are trying to shill for a company they work for; that's when the gloves come off). I figure that it's not going to hurt me to let a few jokers amuse themselves before they slither away. Or maybe I'm also thinking about all the countless times that I've been kicked, banned, and/or had my comments deleted from various places over the years because some 'smart' fellow read something into what I said (or even the name I used) that simply was not there.

But back to the topic ... sure, it's a question where the answer should have been obvious to most anyone, with or without a funny name :)

mjmacky
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM

I was not trying to point any fingers at you or anyone else in particular, or even this forum in particular (which I'd rank as relatively tame in comparison).

When it comes to questions from new visitors, I try to make a point to take everything here at face value and give everyone the benefit of any doubt, no matter how 'dumb' the question might seem or how 'fishy' the odor.

There's usually no shortage of other people to call them out on it, but I might prefer to take the other side and "play the good cop" (except when I think people are trying to shill for a company they work for; that's when the gloves come off). I figure that it's not going to hurt me to let a few jokers amuse themselves before they slither away. Or maybe I'm also thinking about all the countless times that I've been kicked, banned, and/or had my comments deleted from various places over the years because some 'smart' fellow read something into what I said (or even the name I used) that simply was not there.

But back to the topic ... sure, it's a question where the answer should have been obvious to most anyone, with or without a funny name :)

Now zot, you know FST is not like that. Also, a halo and wings, that can be your avatar.

Mildew_Wolf
04-25-2012, 06:00 PM
This is a genuine and serious question - what is the purpose/point of NFOs?

anon
04-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Letting you know what you're getting into.

zot
04-26-2012, 01:06 AM
When viewed/downloaded from a trusted NFO release site, NFOs are helpful for identifying a genuine scene release, such as found on a usenet posting. (I have seen fake/virus releases using forged NFOs)