PDA

View Full Version : The Cool World (1963)

PierreRiviere
04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I am hunting a copy of "The Cool World" from 1963. Observe: not the Brad Pitt version. It was part of the passthepopcorn 1001 movies to see before you die. I am member of Demonoid if it should appear (or if that helps)

Thanks

IdolEyes787
04-22-2012, 03:25 PM
It's on both KG and cinemageddon with French hard subs.

nikpav51
04-22-2012, 04:34 PM
ωραία ταινία ...

teflon05
04-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Did you hear the one about the Greek boy who couldn't run away from home? He didn't want to leave his little brother's behind....

PierreRiviere
05-01-2012, 01:44 AM
I am not having luck with either Cinemageddon or Karagarga. Any other help out there?

anon
05-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Any other help out there or invites to these sites?

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/146184-DO-NOT-Request-Invites-outside-the-correct-section-*OR-ELSE*!

Artemis
05-01-2012, 02:19 AM
If it's so burningly vital to you Ebay? :idunno:

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 05:25 AM
I know right? People scour the entire internet for one film and you figure that's the one thing they'd be willing to pay for.

IdolEyes787
05-01-2012, 10:34 AM
I am not having luck with either Cinemageddon or Karagarga. Any other help out there?

Seriously why the fuck should I help you when you can't even be bothered to thank me for telling you that it was on CG and KG?

PierreRiviere
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I have tried ebay, amazon, etc. but it is not available. I have found a single site offer to make a dvd but the turn around time is too long for my needs, as I would like to show this movie in my class. This particular movie is central to an essay that my class is reading and I am trying to show it to them so that they have a better understanding.

Sorry IdolEyes787, caught carried away on the search. Tunnel vision and all. My sincerest apologies. Thank you.

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
I have tried ebay, amazon, etc. but it is not available. I have found a single site offer to make a dvd but the turn around time is too long for my needs, as I would like to show this movie in my class. This particular movie is central to an essay that my class is reading and I am trying to show it to them so that they have a better understanding.

Sorry IdolEyes787, caught carried away on the search. Tunnel vision and all. My sincerest apologies. Thank you.

So what I understand is this. You are not a member of KG or CG therefore you are looking for another location to download it, right?
Since you brought up it was for showing in class, you've managed to wrangle my sympathies. I can make this available to you through another way, rather than sort this out on a tracker, do you want me to put it up on usenet or perhaps a DDL site?

IdolEyes787
05-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Apology accepted.

Anyway as you want it for "your class" I don't know if the copy available from those sources would suffice as it's a "TV rip" and as so not of the best quality.

File Name .........................................: The Cool World (Shirley Clarke).avi
File Size (in bytes) ............................: 808.345.600 bytes
Runtime ............................................: 1:41:37

Video Codec ...................................: XviD
Frame Size ......................................: 496x368 (AR: 1.33)
FPS .................................................: 25.000
Video Bitrate ...................................: 795 kb/s
Bits per Pixel ...................................: 0.174 bpp
B-VOP, N-VOP, QPel, GMC.............: [B-VOP], [], [], []

Audio Codec ...................................: MPEG-1 Audio layer 3
Sample Rate ...................................: 48000 Hz
Audio Bitrate ...................................:256 kb/s [2 channel(s)] CBR
No. of audio streams .......................: 1

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't know if the copy available from those sources would suffice as it's a "TV rip" and as so not of the best quality.

I tried to find a legit source after he said it wasn't on Amazon or ebay. I don't think it ever hit VHS, Beta, DVD or Laserdisc. Seems like it's a TVrip or nothing.

So, it's here if you need it:
http://pastebin.com/y6vjSMWi

PierreRiviere
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
I really appreciate all of the help from mjmacky & IdolEyes787. You both really went beyond the call of duty. Thank you again.

manker
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
A noble cause, plot twists, character development, a Disney ending plus there was a xenophobic joke which hinged upon the possessive apostrophe.
This thread delivers.

You guise <3

mjmacky
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I really appreciate all of the help from mjmacky & IdolEyes787. You both really went beyond the call of duty. Thank you again.

Normally I would have spent a good 10 minutes subtly insulting you, but I feel compelled to make an effort for educational purposes.

A noble cause, plot twists, character development, a Disney ending plus there was a xenophobic joke which hinged upon the possessive apostrophe.
This thread delivers.

You guise <3

And that dropcanvas service seemed to work pretty damn well. I test downloaded it and it maxed out my downstream. I probably wouldn't have bothered with getting it online if you had not only allowed the link to remain posted in the other thread, but commented on it as well. I'm not really on the up and up with the DDL sites nowadays.

manker
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM
:happy:

Edward Lorenz would heartily approve. If he wasn't dead.

mjmacky
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
:happy:

Edward Lorenz would heartily approve. If he wasn't dead.

A small idea leads to Ashton Kutcher acting a decent role. Bigger than tidal waves I tell you.