PDA

View Full Version : can we hold a vote or something on this prick money scheme?

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 11:19 AM
I petition to ban the word "aiseesoft" from appearing on FST. I'm going to try to be not nazi like and create a juror panel on this. If there is one non sarcastic vote for "don't ban" than I will leave it alone.

anon
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

manker
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
It's a decent enough proposal.

I think they'd find a work around pretty quickly, though, given that they edit their posts now to beat the spam filter.
Better to disable the edit function for newbs, I reckon, since it does gift a lot of them a golden opportunity for spam.

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
It's a decent enough proposal.

I think they'd find a work around pretty quickly, though, given that they edit their posts now to beat the spam filter.
Better to disable the edit function for newbs, I reckon, since it does gift a lot of them a golden opportunity for spam.

Both sound good, bring it to someone who can make it so.

Cabalo
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I vote for someone to find a cracked version of their software and perma sticky it on the NZB section...

megabyteme
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I was unfamiliar with the word until just now, but it does kinda roll off the tongue...however, I do have a soft spot for killing first borns. Fate is whimsical today. :(

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I vote for someone to find a cracked version of their software and perma sticky it on the NZB section...

When I last looked , they all seemed fake. My thoughts were that they're spamming the newsgroups with viruses or something.

IdolEyes787
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
I petition to ban the word "aiseesoft" from appearing on FST. I'm going to try to be not nazi like and create a juror panel on this. If there is one non sarcastic vote for "don't ban" than I will leave it alone.

Another case where I have absolutely no clue to what you are on about.
On the plus side ,I'm beginning to get accustomed to it.

See I can do the half full thing.

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 06:07 PM

All that bunk and you didn't even vote. Should I have opened with my open letter? I'm surprised you and MBM don't know. Especially you who has nearly 2000 posts in the Report section, that over 10 %.

Here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/443949-Open-letter-to-Aiseesoft

megabyteme
04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
I must not troll spam frequent the section where this is a problem. :idunno:

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Does everyone here beside me treat the board in different sections? For me, it's just everything on the new post list.

IdolEyes787
04-23-2012, 06:51 PM

All that bunk and you didn't even vote. Should I have opened with my open letter? I'm surprised you and MBM don't know. Especially you who has nearly 2000 posts in the Report section, that over 10 %.

Here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/443949-Open-letter-to-Aiseesoft

I'm basically still clueless as apparently that's sort of my homeostatic state.:)
As for all the reports it's just a hobby really.:idunno:
No that's not entirely true I also have these long,pointless conversations with myself in that section.:dry:

Does everyone here beside me treat the board in different sections? For me, it's just everything on the new post list.

Anything that doesn't directly effect me or that can't somehow be twisted to belittle someone I basically have no interest in.

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 07:09 PM
No that's not entirely true I also have these long,pointless conversations with myself in that section.:dry:

I would like to get in there and report all those posts as spamming.

megabyteme
04-23-2012, 08:42 PM

He uses it mainly to promote his ebook. It's called How to Find a Gardner.

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 10:29 PM

He uses it mainly to promote his ebook. It's called How to Find a Gardner.

It fits on 2 sheets if you print on the front and back of the paper; front cover, index, body of work, back cover.

megabyteme
04-24-2012, 03:18 AM
And still better than the Aiseesoft software...

mjmacky
04-24-2012, 04:21 AM
And still better than the Aiseesoft software...

Pyramid ad agency selling generic software packages that don't do much more (perhaps less) than many free alternatives. On top of that, they break up all their software into individual packages.

zot
04-24-2012, 05:53 AM

When I last looked , they all seemed fake. My thoughts were that they're spamming the newsgroups with viruses or something.

I don't recommend getting software from anonymous usenet posts. I'd say that well over 90% of posted software is fake. Some of the usenet virus spammers appear to be loading lists of scene NFOs into their spamming software to generate file names.

Pyramid ad agency selling generic software packages that don't do much more (perhaps less) than many free alternatives.
But isn't that the whole point of marketing - enticing people to buy shoddy and/or overpriced products? I'm always amazed at the number of people who will buy something without taking the 10 seconds it takes to look it up.

mjmacky
04-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Some of the usenet virus spammers appear to be loading lists of scene NFOs into their spamming software to generate file names.

I saw that too, now I have to verify file size and package contents with a legit torrent before I use usenet to grab the thing. Well, depending on the size.

zot
04-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Some of the usenet virus spammers appear to be loading lists of scene NFOs into their spamming software to generate file names.

I saw that too, now I have to verify file size and package contents with a legit torrent before I use usenet to grab the thing. Well, depending on the size.
I miss the old DAMN releases that could be verified against fakes. I've wondered for ages why the warez scene don't have some kind of forgery-proof requirements for releaes, even listing a SHA or MD hash value in the NFO would do the job.

mjmacky
04-26-2012, 01:57 AM
I think they have Simple File Verification (CRC32 checksum) and that's about it.

megabyteme
04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Anyone else agree we should ban all instances of IdolEyes787 on the site as well? :shifty:

mjmacky
04-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Anyone else agree we should ban all instances of IdolEyes787 on the site as well? :shifty:

Wouldn't we be just doing him a favor? :dave:

Hypothetically, if it happened, I'd request sole privilege of inviting him back every day.

zot
04-26-2012, 02:40 AM
I think they have Simple File Verification (CRC32 checksum) and that's about it.

A CRC32 checksum is not unique to a single file, and can be spoofed. I don't know how easy it would be for someone to create a virus with the same CRC value as another file (I'm guessing not easy) but injecting random data into a file to while keeping the same CRC value, I believe can easily be done, and has been done on older P2P networks that used CRC32 for verification.

So if you're going to use a checksum for file verification, why not use a more modern, secure one? (or maybe even include both, for the benefit of people with ancient computers)

mjmacky
04-26-2012, 03:09 AM

A CRC32 checksum is not unique to a single file, and can be spoofed. I don't know how easy it would be for someone to create a virus with the same CRC value as another file (I'm guessing not easy) but injecting random data into a file to while keeping the same CRC value, I believe can easily be done, and has been done on older P2P networks that used CRC32 for verification.

So if you're going to use a checksum for file verification, why not use a more modern, secure one? (or maybe even include both, for the benefit of people with ancient computers)

That's the long version for "that's about it".

9 yay, 0 nay, that's a unanimous supreme court justice decision. So, like, would it be worth anybody's time to set something in place that automatically changes every instance of aiseesoft to imafag? Switching notes, I thought I read there's a way in vB to auto delete posts with certain keywords based on weight or something.

That individual or group of people that keep spamming up the Movies & TV forum with rapidgator et al. links shoots for 50 threads at a time. I'm honing on this with unusual attention since I don't like it when the same people keep fucking up my rhythm.

mjmacky
04-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Haven't seen an adseesoft post in a short while, they on break or is there a special new filter?

Also, the referral link posts seem to be heating up like free spoons at a heroin test kitchen.
rapidgator and hitfile and what not.

anon
04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Also, the referral link posts seem to be heating up like free spoons at a heroin test kitchen.

When there's no staff online, they post them like a minigun shoots bullets :smilie4:

Artemis
04-30-2012, 07:26 PM

When there's no staff online, they post them like a minigun shoots bullets :smilie4:

This latest raft of spambots are all operating on a similar timeframe as well as it seems similar coding. They appear between 10:00a.m. 2:00p.m. G.M.T. so roughly a four hour window. I am +12 G.M.T. so it is easy to correlate.

zot
05-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Another carpet-bombing, this time an hour or two earlier than usual.