PDA

View Full Version : The Merry Mary notch filter, bad medicine man

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Idol, go watch Louie.
MBM, finish Deadwood if you haven't.
Squeamous, dive into Battlestar Galactica.
manker, adopt a cartoon and take a shot at Avatar: the Last Airbender.
chavis, go buy a Bluray copy of The Prisoner miniseries and spend 2 hours melting the discs with a lit cigar. I don't care if it's a bubbling liquid cesspool before the time limit, you keep giving it the treatment.
Artemis, umm I don't know, go punch a seal in the face. Then maybe try to find a way to watch the entire Trailer Park Boys series.

Everyone else, I guess go watch Death Note or something.

P.S. Everyone watch everything I mentioned, and if refusal is your predilection, go send Idol a pm or something, then report him.
These are my universals, I have shit that I like that I don't try to shove down your throats, so be happy you're getting off easy.

P.P.S Downton Abbey

signing off,
the merry tyrant moreso.

IdolEyes787
04-23-2012, 08:40 PM
See this is what happens when someone doesn't have real life friends.:(

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
I can trick real life friends into watching these things. Also, I started branching out too far, I needed to get it together man.

And if that's how it's going to be, I want my bracelet back dick. We're no longer bbfs

IdolEyes787
04-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I can trick real life friends into watching these things. Also, I started branching out too far, I needed to get it together man.

And if that's how it's going to be, I want my bracelet back dick. We're no longer bbfs
I thought we were bffs and that's like for evar.

OK I'll make you a deal,I will watch Louis if you watch something I recommend.We meet back here in 7 days and give our honest,non-trying to be glib opinions and then you bend over and kiss my ass.

mjmacky
04-23-2012, 11:22 PM

I thought we were bffs and that's like for evar.

OK I'll make you a deal,I will watch Louis if you watch something I recommend.We meet back here in 7 days and give our honest,non-trying to be glib opinions

Best brahs forevar are even tighter than bffs. A week? You've already watched yours, why such a long time?

and then you bend over and kiss my ass.

Unlike ziggy I don't have to abide by such rules. Plus, I don't drink enough hard liquor to ever wash that out.

megabyteme
04-24-2012, 06:19 AM

Done. Sincere apologies for not updating you on finishing. We enjoyed it immensely, and after discussing the "wrap up", decided that it was an acceptable way to end the series. Not all roses and hugs, but more realistic in terms of the great robber barons of the time. Truth was, the little guy got screwed by the BIG guy back then. Sure glad that sort of corporate interest imposing its will on the lower classes is over... :lookaroun

Artemis
04-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Artemis, umm I don't know, go punch a seal in the face. Then maybe try to find a way to watch the entire Trailer Park Boys series.

P.P.S Downton Abbey

As I keep on having to explain I have gotten up close and personal to a real life seal and it really wanted me for a snacky treat see:
http://i.imgur.com/RCc5l.jpg

Currently working my way through Weeds does that suffice? :blink:

Oh so there on Downton Abbey

But once again you fucked up and left Breaking Bad off the list.

IdolEyes787
04-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Or just watch The Wire.

http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/way-down-in-the-hole-6-great-dramas-that-owe-a-debt-to-the-wire.php

chalice
04-24-2012, 11:56 AM
chavis, go buy a Bluray copy of The Prisoner miniseries and spend 2 hours melting the discs with a lit cigar. I don't care if it's a bubbling liquid cesspool before the time limit, you keep giving it the treatment.

'Buy stuff', lulz.

I was talking about the original Prisoner in that other thread. That mini-series was the dog's dick to end all dogs' dicks. I actually spat on my plastic screen halfway through the first episode.

IdolEyes787
04-24-2012, 04:13 PM

'Buy stuff', lulz.

I was talking about the original Prisoner in that other thread. That mini-series was the dog's dick to end all dogs' dicks. I actually spat on my plastic screen halfway through the first episode.

Your monitor wants you to know that it prays that you never watch the American version of The Singing Detective.

chalice
04-24-2012, 06:35 PM
'Buy stuff', lulz.

Your monitor wants you to know that it prays that you never watch the American version of The Singing Detective.

As a long time Dennis Potter fan, I was queered early on as to Hollywood's pestiferous misreckonings of his work. Steve Martin in Pennies From Heaven left me cold and forlorn. And not in a good way.

mjmacky
04-24-2012, 07:13 PM

Done. Sincere apologies for not updating you on finishing. We enjoyed it immensely, and after discussing the "wrap up", decided that it was an acceptable way to end the series. Not all roses and hugs, but more realistic in terms of the great robber barons of the time. Truth was, the little guy got screwed by the BIG guy back then. Sure glad that sort of corporate interest imposing its will on the lower classes is over... :lookaroun

What was sad is that it wasn't supposed to end there. There keeps popping up talk that they're gonna wrap the whole thing up with some movies, and that's been going on ever since they cancelled the 4th season.

As I keep on having to explain I have gotten up close and personal to a real life seal and it really wanted me for a snacky treat see:

Currently working my way through Weeds does that suffice? :blink:

Oh so there on Downton Abbey

But once again you fucked up and left Breaking Bad off the list.

See, I knew you'd find that seal. Forget about appetite, punch that fucker in the face. I could never recommend Weeds, a show I don't enjoy myself. On the other hand, even though I really like Breaking Bad, I don't think it's universal, meaning I could see the possibilities of the show being disliked by more than just a few people.

Or just watch The Wire.

http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/way-down-in-the-hole-6-great-dramas-that-owe-a-debt-to-the-wire.php

Don't get me started with this. I think the overwhelming chant for this show does it a disservice.

'Buy stuff', lulz.

Obvious a sentence to some punishment it was. Also, if that was the case, I'm guessing you intentionally didn't disclose you meant the '67 version (I had to look up to see just how many versions there were). I'm also guessing you knew which version I was talking about, but I can't find that conversation. Either way, you were being a cunt, smoke a cigar.

IdolEyes787
04-24-2012, 08:09 PM
[

Or just watch The Wire.

Don't get me started with this. I think the overwhelming chant for this show does it a disservice.

It's no Louie but then again what is?

mjmacky
04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
[

Glad you're finally on board.

IdolEyes787
04-24-2012, 10:26 PM

I don't know where you've been ,I've been on the board since Feb 2008 apparently.
Btw I have a small party every February marking the anniversary of the loss of my last bit of sense. I'd invite you to the next one but I'm afraid that there's a strict no chemist policy.

mjmacky
04-25-2012, 12:58 AM

I don't know where you've been ,I've been on the board since Feb 2008 apparently.

Oh, I just thought you were the new iteration of Idol that has watched good television.

Snee
05-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Seen about half of Death Note a couple years ago when I was a travelling consultant. It's pretty decent, if exactly like what I've read of the manga, so no surprises really. I think even High School of the Dead and Deadman Wonderland strayed more from the original.

I keep meaning to finish it off, but haven't gotten around to it.

mjmacky
05-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Seen about half of Death Note a couple years ago when I was a travelling consultant. It's pretty decent, if exactly like what I've read of the manga, so no surprises really. I think even High School of the Dead and Deadman Wonderland strayed more from the original.

I keep meaning to finish it off, but haven't gotten around to it.

When I was watching the The Wire, I kept thinking about Death Note. Not about its main theme or anything, just the way a task force was brought together to take on a boogeyman threat in theory. There was also a way that each member of the task force shows their contribution to the group.

I liked High School of the Dead for its pointless hilarious ecchi and badass samurai girl slicing up the undead, but I'd rarely ever recommend the show. Deadman Wonderland was awful, I only caught like 3 or 4 episodes before I was overcome by a strong desire to abandon it.

ckrit
05-02-2012, 06:45 AM
I liked Deadman Wonderland. But then I have a bit of a thing for Kana Hanazawa, and even when she's in stupid (or should that be naive?) mode.

I actually watched several episodes of Ao no Exorcist, thanks to her. True story.

Also, Highschool of the Dead is indeed good in an ironic sort of way.

mjmacky
05-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Also, Highschool of the Dead is indeed good in an ironic sort of way.

Sort of like Bruce Campbell movies. The bullets passing through the cleavage of flopping tits moving faster than the bullet, you just can't help but love ecchi in those moments. In fact, here's a clip of that very scene because I loved it so fucking much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danxwkcwZpE

IdolEyes787
05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Sorry I seem to have wandered into the Anime section by mistake.

mjmacky
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM

I honestly though I would have sold you on tits. Doesn't matter if they're animated right, they're tits and they jiggle tremble and travel at incredible speeds. That's all your mind's eye needs you pervert.

IdolEyes787
05-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Actually if you want to know the truth I wish they made live action movies like that.

Closest thing that I can think of is Shoot 'Em Up (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/)and it wasn't sexy enough by half.

mjmacky
05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Actually if you want to know the truth I wish they made live action movies like that.

Closest thing that I can think of is Shoot 'Em Up (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/)and it wasn't sexy enough by half.

Imagine a directorial world where every actress would show you they're tits because you simply willed it. That's why I cringe less during animation than I do with live action.

ckrit
05-02-2012, 05:21 PM

It did feature Monica Bellucci's tits. 10/10.

ckrit
05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
The anime section is for narutards, filler-fans and other fuckwits. The only reason I support its continued existence is because this section gets enough muppets passing through as it is.

mjmacky
05-03-2012, 10:35 AM
The anime section is for narutards, filler-fans and other fuckwits. The only reason I support its continued existence is because this section gets enough muppets passing through as it is.

You shouldn't have said narutard, because now Idol is going to come and either ask what that is, or make some remark about what it's supposed to mean. Of course, I do things like this and preemptively block that particular path just to be a dick.

IdolEyes787
05-03-2012, 10:55 AM

You shouldn't have said narutard, because now Idol is going to come and either ask what that is, or make some remark about what it's supposed to mean. Of course, I do things like this and preemptively block that particular path just to be a dick.

You know me so well it's frightening. :(

Narutards are guys who still wear naru jackets ,right?

I know it's nehru and fuck off grammar Nazis

mjmacky
05-03-2012, 11:05 AM

I FINALLY went back and reread that whole Prisoner segment in the Breaking Bad thread. The 60s original wasn't anywhere in my head as I was meaning to compare 2 modern series, but you assumed I meant the original. Then I thought you were referring to the 2000s version in your reply, so we both were talking about two completely different things. The original conversation, which seemed to make sense at the time, now has been undone. I no longer think you watch shit.

P.S. I had to go back and read it because I suddenly was under the impression that you must have been ambiguous on purpose. I had argued with an IRL friend about the shittiness of the miniseries, so I basically just continued that argument with you. The point was, that being a modern show, it didn't have to be absolute crap. Though the NZ version was written to be an original story, it's fucking totally the Prisoner reimagined.

You know me so well it's frightening. :(

Narutards are guys who still wear naru jackets ,right?

I know it's nehru and fuck off grammar Nazis

And you did it anyway. Which makes me less able to predict your reaction and makes you less correct about me knowing you.

I am glad that I didn't try to predict you would insert some kind of vague movie reference. Then again, Ben Kingsly is probably accompanying the man wearing the jacket in your head.

IdolEyes787
05-03-2012, 08:25 PM
I am glad that I didn't try to predict you would insert some kind of vague movie reference.

Dr No.

mjmacky
05-04-2012, 03:35 AM
I said vague.

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Autoreiji AKA Outrage. Thank me later.

Artemis
05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
thank you

mjmacky
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM