PDA

View Full Version : I just realized...

kAb
04-29-2012, 07:29 PM
That this year or recently must be the 10th year anniversary of the board?

:clap::hooray::thumbsup::partytime:yay:

manker
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Indeed, and welcome back.

I wonder what the date of its inception is, anyone know?

ckrit
04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Barbie should know. He's lyke member no 5 in the database.

Barbarossa
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
I think it began on the 10th June 2002...

Artemis
04-30-2012, 12:12 PM
I think it began on the 10th June 2002...

You're a bit scary sometimes, at least you have to say Beetlejuice 3 times for him to appear...... :naughty:

ckrit
04-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Mind your own business!
:blink:

ckrit
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Watevaaaar, dave.

Barbarossa
04-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Mind your own business!
:blink:

:lol: I got the date wrong :)

manker
04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Okay, I'll start designing a skin to celebrate 10 years that no one will use because they like the one that they're already familiar with.
Not really cus I hate it when sites do that, but we should do something. Maybe a new banner to use for a month or wuteva. Perhaps I'll let Dave stay as Dave for a week and not just as the women he pretends to be when it all gets to be a bit much for him. We could shave '10' into our chest hair and post that. Or maybe squeams could just get her bewbs out. I could rip off an old lady who needs her tax doing and use the cash money to offer a prize for the top poster over the course of a month.
If I did that last one, I'd end up quids in.

:eyebrows:

ckrit
04-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Fuck dat shit. Get some cool trolls to rejoin instead of dave.

Lyke billy and his singalong girls, and hypo.

manker
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
That's the first time they've ever been called cool and I'm not entirely comfortable with how you described the females.
They were ancient :ermm:

Barbie should track them down like what he did with Dave's wife and tell them that their bans have ended.

Barbarossa
04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
That's the first time they've ever been called cool and I'm not entirely comfortable with how you described the females.
They were ancient :ermm:

Barbie should track them down like what he did with Dave's wife and tell them that their bans have ended.

Lovely lady. Makes excellent tea and cookies :)

manker
04-30-2012, 03:38 PM
You're like Bergerac but with dsl.

Proper Bo
04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Okay, I'll start designing a skin to celebrate 10 years that no one will use because they like the one that they're already familiar with.
Not really cus I hate it when sites do that, but we should do something. Maybe a new banner to use for a month or wuteva. Perhaps I'll let Dave stay as Dave for a week and not just as the women he pretends to be when it all gets to be a bit much for him. We could shave '10' into our chest hair and post that. Or maybe squeams could just get her bewbs out. I could rip off an old lady who needs her tax doing and use the cash money to offer a prize for the top poster over the course of a month.
If I did that last one, I'd end up quids in.

get jp, The and mouldy to come back. that is all.

Et tu
04-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Rumour has it the irish menace harshed The off the bored.

I think a formal apology is in order. Signed in blood.

chalice
04-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Rumour is a spastic. I'll think you'll find that it was TheDave that I harshed off the bored. The is a separate entity altogether, knob.

chalice
04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Also, harshing TheDave off the bored was an accident. He was collateral damage. He got caught in the crossfire trying to be a human shield for Ziggy. It didn't work.

Snee
04-30-2012, 10:17 PM

Rumour is a spastic. I'll think you'll find that it was TheDave that I harshed off the bored. The is a separate entity altogether, knob.Eh, no. Knob.

chalice
05-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Rumour is a spastic. I'll think you'll find that it was TheDave that I harshed off the bored. The is a separate entity altogether, knob.Eh, no. Knob.

Which part, cryptic boi? I've never harshed The. If The and TheDave are one and the same, then that's news to me. I recall (vaguely) The as being a strange arachnoid creature, prone to the non-sequitur. Incomprehensible for the most part, but in a good way. Kinda like a teenage Zed on Angel Dust. TheDave was able to string sentences together and remember where his car keys were despite a penchant for rap music. Now, I'm willing to admit that there's a fair to middling chance I could've dreamt all that. I fear doing a search for The would be the most pointless process like evar.

Personally, I blame you for all this. You should've been here keeping me informed instead of indulging your internets spaceships fetish for light fucking years at a time, knob.

manker
05-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Ziggy does have a propensity to inspire a maternal side in bleeding heart liberals.
Also, yes, you did harsh The off the board and yes, you did dream that other stuff you wrote.

Snee is right, his programming simply won't permit alternate scenarios.

manker
05-01-2012, 10:03 AM
get jp, The and mouldy to come back. that is all.I do have access to all three of those people. JP invited me to thebox and I think he still uses it, mouldy is on gaybook and The is on last.fm.

Tell me what to say to them cus I suck at that kind of thing :emo:

chalice
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Ziggy does have a propensity to inspire a maternal side in bleeding heart liberals.
Also, yes, you did harsh The off the board and yes, you did dream that other stuff you wrote.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Is The TheDave for the purposes of this discussion? Or is The TheDave with a dupe? I can't be expected to separate fantasy from reality. Especially in retrospect. I've been in a perpetual state of woppedness since I was 14. Memory and dream merged into a fugue long ago.

manker
05-01-2012, 10:18 AM

Is The TheDave for the purposes of this discussion? Or is The TheDave with a dupe? I can't be expected to separate fantasy from reality. Especially in retrospect. I've been in a perpetual state of woppedness since I was 14. Memory and dream merged into a fugue long ago.You recently beat me across my firm arse with a semtex baseball bat when I explained a lounge vagary, yet now I'm to do it again. One can only conclude that you like bums.

JP called TheDave The, it caught on and stuck even when he was using his other ID (GepperRankings). There has been no user of any note, to my knowledge, with the username The.

chalice
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM

Is The TheDave for the purposes of this discussion? Or is The TheDave with a dupe? I can't be expected to separate fantasy from reality. Especially in retrospect. I've been in a perpetual state of woppedness since I was 14. Memory and dream merged into a fugue long ago.You recently beat me across my firm arse with a semtex baseball bat when I explained a lounge vagary, yet now I'm to do it again. One can only conclude that you like bums.

JP called TheDave The, it caught on and stuck even when he was using his other ID (GepperRankings). There has been no user of any note, to my knowledge, with the username The.

Ah, that was during my wilderness years when I travelled further afield to internets anew.

The was a user called simply The. There was, there was, there was. He was mental and funny and that's why I didn't harsh him. Circa 2003. True story.

chalice
05-01-2012, 10:23 AM
The reason I remember was cos his name stood out to me. I used to think The The was the best band name ever and using the definite article as a handle appealed to me cos I wished I'd thought of it.

chalice
05-01-2012, 10:32 AM
I did an advanced search with The in the username search field and 'the' does indeed appear. It won't turnip any posts, but I'm assuming they've been purged or archived or something.

manker
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
He sounds interesting. I'd look him up if tesco hadn't banned everyone from the user list.
I wonder why he did that :dabs:

chalice
05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I think I'm right in saying that anything posted prior to the temp forum back in 2003 is lost to posterity.

Anyway, if it'll do any good, let TheDave know I'm sorry I harshed him. Not, I'm sure, that he gives a fuck or anything. I really didn't have anything against him. I've just got a thing about righteous knights on white steeds.

manker
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I think I'm right in saying that anything posted prior to the temp forum back in 2003 is lost to posterity.

Anyway, if it'll do any good, let TheDave know I'm sorry I harshed him. Not, I'm sure, that he gives a fuck or anything. I really didn't have anything against him. I've just got a thing about righteous knights on white steeds.:schnauz:

To be fair, Bo harshed The every single day, several times during those days and for several years. I don't reckon your spat would have had any effect, it probably just happened to coincide with his departure. Bo also repeatedly harshed mulder about being tiny. And he's racist against the scotch.

:o

It was all Bo all along.

chalice
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Bojak, you cunt. :no:

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
He sounds interesting. I'd look him up if tesco hadn't banned everyone from the user list.
I wonder why he did that :dabs:

http://filesharingtalk.com/members/188283-the
?

manker
05-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks, dewd, but he's from 2007, so can't be the guy that chavis dreamed up.

chalice
05-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Now I'm really ​confused. Fuck it, Snee, I'm erring on the side of what the fuck and retracting my knob statement.

manker
05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Now I'm really ​confused. Fuck it, Snee, I'm erring on the side of what the fuck and retracting my knob.I'm wondering how, with all the times we referred to TheDave as The, you never realised we were on about TheDave and instead thought it was some mythical being from 2003.

chalice
05-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Now I'm really ​confused. Fuck it, Snee, I'm erring on the side of what the fuck and retracting my knob.I'm wondering how, with all the times we referred to TheDave as The, you never realised we were on about TheDave and instead thought it was some mythical being from 2003.

I remember it clear as day, mang. I even remember him posting a picture of himself. It was from a weird perspective. He looked like a psychotic goth child about two steps away from self-harming. Hence the arachnoid allusion.

As I say, I wasn't around during the fat end of TheDave's posting tenure, so any reference to him as The means nothing to me.

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 11:18 AM

Was the only 'the' I could find. It pops up when you start typing in usernames for advanced search. I searched for the term 'what', since we've all got to say it in some correct version of spelling at one point.

In any case, I have no idea what the fuck all of you are talking about so I'm just going to leave this thread alone.

manker
05-01-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm wondering how, with all the times we referred to TheDave as The, you never realised we were on about TheDave and instead thought it was some mythical being from 2003.

I remember it clear as day, mang. I even remember him posting a picture of himself. It was from a weird perspective. He looked like a psychotic goth child about two steps away from self-harming. Hence the arachnoid allusion.

As I say, I wasn't around during the fat end of TheDave's posting tenure, so any reference to him as The means nothing to me.This is definitely a case for barbie. Or Snee.

I refuse to believe you could have two unconnected dreams about male members and their pics.

manker
05-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Was the only 'the' I could find. It pops up when you start typing in usernames for advanced search. I searched for the term 'what', since we've all got to say it in some correct version of spelling at one point.

In any case, I have no idea what the fuck all of you are talking about so I'm just going to leave this thread alone.We're talking about The.
I thought that much, at least, was clear.

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 11:35 AM
We're talking about The.

Right, but 'the' and 'The' can't coexist as usernames, right?

chalice
05-01-2012, 11:39 AM
We're talking about The.

Right, but 'the' and 'The' can't coexist as usernames, right?

Not as far as I'm aware. I'm telling myself that the database is a duplicitous cunt and this is all in no shape or form an hallucination.

Having said that, I wouldn't trust myself as far as I could throw myself at this stage.

manker
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
If the The account existed prior to the temp forum and all posts were lost, it's entirely possible that the original The account was lost, too. Freeing up the space for the new the account to be formed.
This renders chavois' delusion entirely plausible.

Barbarossa
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm wondering how, with all the times we referred to TheDave as The, you never realised we were on about TheDave and instead thought it was some mythical being from 2003.

Yep, that sounds pretty much like TheDave to me...

I don't remember anyone called simply "The". There was once "The_Flinger", he was one of the board's very early post-whores, a proto-post-whore if you will. He pre-dated DanB's tenure as being the highest poster.. I think he was first to 1000 or something :unsure:

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 12:22 PM

meta

manker
05-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Why did you post that :unsure:

manker
05-01-2012, 12:40 PM

I don't remember anyone called simply "The". There was once "The_Flinger", he was one of the board's very early post-whores, a proto-post-whore if you will. He pre-dated DanB's tenure as being the highest poster.. I think he was first to 1000 or something :unsure:I need 1217 posts to reclaim my rightful position as the highest poster.

Using all available data, how long do you think this will take.

IdolEyes787
05-01-2012, 12:45 PM

meta

I probably should know what meta means but it's just one of those wank terms that I can't be bothered with.

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Why did you post that :unsure:

meta

I probably should know what meta means but it's just one of those wank terms that I can't be bothered with.

I originally just posted the picture that shows I can't sign up as The. It was disappointment. Then while staring at my post, wondering, "why did I bother to post that", I edited it for the point of having an edit mark, screen capped, and then updated the picture. To answer your question, I don't know.

@Idol
since meta simply means self-referential, I refuse to believe you don't already know that.

chalice
05-01-2012, 01:17 PM

I don't remember anyone called simply "The". There was once "The_Flinger", he was one of the board's very early post-whores, a proto-post-whore if you will. He pre-dated DanB's tenure as being the highest poster.. I think he was first to 1000 or something :unsure:

Right, the plot thickens, ffs.

Did an advanced search in usernames for 'The_Flinger' and derivatives thereof. Doesn't show up. Closest is 'the_finger' or something. I submit that this adds credence to my 2003 purge theory.

I'm starting to lose the will to live. Again.

chalice
05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
No wait, I'm talking balls again. 'the flinger' does show up sans underscore. He only made it to 450 posts with the last one being Sept 2002, completely obliterating my 2003 purge theory. Fuck it, Snee, you win.

I'll be performing my pendulum impression from the nearest tree if anyone wants me.

manker
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
:lol:

So, to sum up; you dreamed it all and robots are incapable of misleading humans.

Barbarossa
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Strange that I thought there was an underscore.. :lol:

Barbarossa
05-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I need 1217 posts to reclaim my rightful position as the highest poster.

Fucknose, why don't you delete some posts from the other fellah? :idunno:

manker
05-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Stranger still that you thought someone with 450 posts was a post-whore.
I did more than that last week :snooty:

chalice
05-01-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm blaming JP. Mostly cos he's not here.

manker
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Fucknose, why don't you delete some posts from the other fellah? :idunno:
The nzb section could do with some pruning :smilie4:

Barbarossa
05-01-2012, 01:56 PM

Most of his early posts got deleted, he had a lot more than that originally :snooty:

EDIT: I dunno if you can still do it, but search for the earliest post, it's august 2002 or something, I can assure you that we were not just sitting here in silence during June and July..... :smilie4:

manker
05-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Perhaps whichever force of nature deleted his posts also deleted the original The's account.

chalice
05-01-2012, 02:00 PM

Most of his early posts got deleted, he had a lot more than that originally :snooty:

:pinch:

Don't say that, Barbs. It'll only give me more delusions of righteousness.

manker
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
You know like when you call your missus the wrong name because you're cheating on her.
Did you, perhaps, encounter The on a different internets you filthy bastard.

chalice
05-01-2012, 02:05 PM
You know like when you call your missus the wrong name because you're cheating on her.

I doubt it, tbh. No other internets held my attention for more than a few posts, really. I tended to reference by aviators more than usernames. You're right about the filthy bastard thing nonetheless.

Barbarossa
05-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Do you really think my first post was in february 2003?

manker
05-01-2012, 02:10 PM

I doubt it, tbh. No other internets held my attention for more than a few posts, really. I tended to reference by aviators more than usernames. You're right about the filthy bastard thing nonetheless.Oh, so all those others didn't mean anything to you.
I'm still feeling a little betrayed but perhaps if you buy me a new dress and matching shoes it might start to make up for it :kiss:

manker
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Do you really think my first post was in february 2003?
No, I don't really think that :unsure:
Do you think my first post was in February 2003 :unsure:

I'm sure someone's must have been though :unsure:

Proper Bo
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Anyway, if it'll do any good, let TheDave know I'm sorry I harshed him. Not, I'm sure, that he gives a fuck or anything. I really didn't have anything against him. I've just got a thing about righteous knights on white steeds.:schnauz:

To be fair, Bo harshed The every single day, several times during those days and for several years. I don't reckon your spat would have had any effect, it probably just happened to coincide with his departure. Bo also repeatedly harshed mulder about being tiny. And he's racist against the scotch.

It was all Bo all along.

:naughty:

I can't find The's youchewb, 'member the video of him and ourben in the park being magicians or something else?

Snee
05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Now I'm really ​confused. Fuck it, Snee, I'm erring on the side of what the fuck and retracting my knob statement.

In all srsns, I thought you'd just mixed shit up for the moment, being sewper-wopped, or something.

I thought you were around wot when he posted a fair bit.

Also, I think the last thing the bored got off him when you harshed him harshely was a 'lol, whatever' before he went back to Nevada :emo: Which I, obviously, took as an obvious indication that you'd seared his very soul.

---

My favourite The-moment was that clip where he and Ben (not the hippie) chased off a burglar. Dead fierce, that the.

Snee
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I can't find The's youchewb, 'member the video of him and ourben in the park being magicians or something else?

No, but have you seen than one with barbie and the slide :naughty:

Proper Bo
05-01-2012, 07:50 PM

No, but have you seen than one with barbie and the slide :naughty:

no:unsure:

Snee
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I think barbie says 1 2 3 Go at least 47 times in it. True story.

Proper Bo
05-01-2012, 09:12 PM
ewe've lost me there, like.

Snee
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I guess you're just not as good an internets stalker as I :smilie4:

tralalala
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
And this is where it all started..... http://attachments.techguy.org/attachments/20173d1059100626/screenshotofkazaalite.nl.jpg

manker
05-01-2012, 11:28 PM
:schnauz:

It was all Bo all along.

You couldn't have looked very hard, his username is TheDave (or tarpd). I think that magicians one was on revver, which has since died.
I recently watched the one where ourben talked about chi a lot, let sean hit him in the stomach and was funny.

The wasn't funny in any of the vids but said on here that he was funny in an understated way.

manker
05-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I guess you're just not as good an internets stalker as I :smilie4:I remember his old username, I could prolly find it :smilie4:

Or you could PM me because that's the kind of thing I'd procrastinate about forever :smilie4:

Artemis
05-02-2012, 01:34 AM

Well if you do the math it will be 2.2 weeks till you get your rightful place as top poster back at present rate of whoring steam.

manker
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM
I unfortunately made that up.

I like stats, thought. We should have some clicky buttons which generate graphs and stuff. I'd vote for that.
Could be a vote winner in the upcoming mod elections :smilie4:

ziggyjuarez
05-02-2012, 09:19 AM
As if ten years means anything in the grand scheme of deep , space time.

manker
05-02-2012, 09:28 AM
As if ten years means anything in the grand scheme of deep , space time.No need to get all existentialist on us.

Tell us more about why you believe the individual and his or her experiences are more important than the environment in which they live.

ckrit
05-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I guess you're just not as good an internets stalker as I :smilie4:I remember his old username, I could prolly find it :smilie4:

Or you could PM me because that's the kind of thing I'd procrastinate about forever :smilie4:
You can have this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtAVTmVfJg

megabyteme
05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I remember his old username, I could prolly find it :smilie4:

You can have this instead:

[video]

Vids like that are as relaxing to the Brits as a whip museum is to...

cattle.

Racists. :dry:

manker
05-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I always feel slightly awkward when I see him on a vid. He looks more awkward than I feel. I'm not sure why he makes so many vids.

brb looking for barbie on a slide.

manker
05-02-2012, 11:27 AM
okay I found it.

Me > other stalkers :smilie4:

I also liked the Hallowe'en vid but I'm not mad keen on the fact that barbie's wife now sounds English.
What did you do to her D;

ziggyjuarez
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Done being reminiscent of people that lost contact with yous because youre all entertaining as a book?

Barbarossa
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
oops :pinch:

I've done lots of things to her, fyi :smilie4:

Barbarossa
05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Also ..... Snee :fist:

ckrit
05-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Yeah, Snee :fist:

ckrit
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Done being reminiscent of people that lost contact with yous because youre all entertaining as a book?
Done being....reminiscent of people?

And which book are we talking about here?

megabyteme
05-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Yeah, Snee :wub:

:blushing:

I mean... Yeah, Snee :fist:

megabyteme
05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Done being....reminiscent of people?

And which book are we talking about here?

Why do I suddenly get the picture of a Mexican with a bad haircut self-done haircut furiously using Gewgel searching for "book"? :unsure:

manker
05-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I read Fahrenheit 451 yesterday, for such a critically acclaimed book most of it seemed a bit silly, tbh, apart from maybe the last third.
But then reading what ziggy said, I just don't know any more.

manker
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Mary's posted a smidge over 200 posts per week since she hit 5000 in March.

Snee
05-02-2012, 08:00 PM

Me.... :fist:

mjmacky
05-03-2012, 02:33 AM

:dave:

Some of them were wordy mind you.

Artemis
05-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Whats my less than stellar average mankster?

manker
05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't know.

I could only work Mary's out 'cus she made such a big fuss about reaching 5000.

manker
05-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Some of them were wordy, mind you.:eyebrows:

===

I'd like to compare my own output with yours in that period, but it's proving beyond my powers.

mjmacky
05-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Some of them were wordy, mind you.:eyebrows:

===

I'd like to compare my own output with yours in that period, but it's proving beyond my powers.

Did I fucking pause? I don't think so. If I paused, I would have put that comma there.

Edit: I've got you at a rate of 165 per week for last 4 weeks. Extrapolate that, bitch.

mjmacky
05-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't know.

That wasn't me

manker
05-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Did I fucking pause? I don't think so. If I paused, I would have put that comma there.
:glag: :earl:
And also :happy:

If you went to elocution lessons, you would be taught to pause, just there, where I put in the pink comma.

I've never been to elocution lessons and I make stuff up all of the time because it just sounds right to me.
It is right, though :smilie4:

Artemis
05-04-2012, 02:08 AM
I don't know.

Thanks for that. :swear:

(call yourself an accountant )

enoughfakefiles
05-05-2012, 09:14 PM
:schnauz:

It was all Bo all along.

I was trying to remember 'The' mates name reading this thread. Wasn't he kinda harsh sometimes :unsure:

manker
05-06-2012, 10:49 AM
It was Liam. And he tried to be harsh but he was just annoying.
he was in a few of the vids and was annoying.