PDA

View Full Version : Are BitmeTV still douchelords?

tralalala
04-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Do they still prohibit registrations from Israel?

I mean, it's actually a policy that should be changed as bandwidth in Israel has gone up a fair bit.. Most people have a decent upstream they could keep a non-cheating ratio with.

So, do they?

zot
05-01-2012, 04:41 AM
It would appear that the Israelis have had a notorious reputation as cheaters, at least for as long as I can remember. Even a decade ago on ED2K, a couple of Israeli eMule 'leech' mods made their presence well known. I'm sure it's probably just a minority, but anytime there are a notably high percentage of rule-breakers coming from a single country (especially a small one) you should expect a country-wide ban.

As for forgiveness, I wouldn't count on it, but that's just my opinion.

merwais
05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
tralalala, what is Israel ???

Do you mean Palestine? Yeah... There is no word such as Israel... Everyone knows there is a country "Palestine", not Israel. LoL
Better call yourself from Palestine. Palestine is a poor country and maybe their citizens are cheating to raise their ratio that's why Palestine is on ban list. Just like Romania and Egypt. They are called super cheater.

mjmacky
05-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Do you mean Palestine? Yeah... There is no word such as Israel... Everyone knows there is a country "Palestine", not Israel. LoL
Better call yourself from Palestine. Palestine is a poor country and maybe their citizens are cheating to raise their ratio that's why Palestine is on ban list. Just like Romania and Egypt. They are called super cheater.

That's such a funny joke, maybe you should look for someone who says he's former Sayeret and tell him that funny joke. I bet we'll all be laughing.

IdolEyes787
05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Re: Are BitMeTV still douchelords?

No in your absence there was a quiet People's revolution and the site is now run by douchepresidentsforlife.

stan
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Thought it was the quiet revolution called BTN that mattered most in TV Tracker land.Pretty irrelevant if BitMeTV still are douchelords.

n00bz0r
05-01-2012, 11:20 AM

I can only hope there are smarter people in your country to compensate for significant drop in average IQ coz of you.

megabyteme
05-01-2012, 08:38 PM

I can only hope there are smarter people in your country to compensate for significant drop in average IQ coz of you.

The topic does involve being a "douchebag". It is malways' way of saying, "Me, too!"

tralalala
05-01-2012, 09:14 PM

Israel is that place on the map that actually allows people from other sects and religions (including Arabs, would you believe it!) to freely express their minds, dress as they wish, and, heaven, even let women drive!!!

And just for reference, there has never in the history of time been a state called "Palestine". The term "Palestine" is believed to be derived from the Philistines, an Aegean people who, in the 12th Century B.C.E., settled along the Mediterranean coastal plain of what are now Israel and the Gaza Strip. In the second century C.E., after crushing the last Jewish revolt, the Romans first applied the name Palaestina to Judea (the southern portion of what is now called the West Bank) in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel. The Arabic word "Filastin" is derived from this Latin name.
Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.

So, just for the sake of the argument, yes, I am in a place that used to be referred to as "Palestine", but it now has a more official name called "Israel". And believe it or not, we aren't actually a poor country at all. Very high-tech, liberal, modern, and not overwhelmed by crazy religious idiots that chop peoples hands off and stone women to death (and no, not even the extreme orthodox Jews do that any more).

For the time being, merwais, you are welcome to sprint yourself head first into the next wall you see, and hopefully smash your pinky toe into a table on the way.

Re. cheating issues - Yes, it obviously is a small portion of the users that cheated, but once again as I stated earlier, there have been significant changes in bandwidth lately, so I just wondered maybe the ban had been lifted.. Ah well, all hail Demonoid for whatever it can help me for...

Polarbear
05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
all hail Demonoid for whatever it can help me for...
I'd join you but they block Germany. Merwais probably knows why.

tralalala
05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
:lol: Probably because the Palestinians have reached every corner of the universe and are making everyone block the places they get to until they are recognised as a universe-wide state.

I still actually use eMule in extreme conditions when I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else.. Until What.CD came around, I would still use Soulseek for my music needs, but that's more or less obsolete nowadays.

oneaway
05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Shalom, they are still doing problems. but you can always use VPN :)

yomtov.

IdolEyes787
05-02-2012, 03:52 PM

yomtov.

Somehow cheating to get on a site that bans people from certain countries because they tend to be cheaters seems sort of ironic to me.

cRaZyzMaN
05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
its just one more tracker ahahah

tralalala
05-02-2012, 09:08 PM

yomtov.

Somehow cheating to get on a site that bans people from certain countries because they tend to be cheaters seems sort of ironic to me.

My thoughts precisely...

Tv Controls you
05-03-2012, 03:49 AM
Banning ip-ranges by how poor a country is..... There actually seems to be no correlation, as if you reference any median household income...
It makes you wonder why they wouldn't ban half the countries they allow. Or off some idiotic whim with little to no research torrent sites are blocking "poor countries",
to meet there own definition.

The only feasible explanation is that there are a lot of cheaters from a certain country, "warranting" a IP Range ban.

*feasible in the sense..... that it hasn't been studied in-depth enough, to consider it a complete and udder "duck tape" method of avoiding cheaters... :rolleyes:
....How convenient....

But I'm from the U.S, so I'll just turn a blind eye to it all.

A
05-03-2012, 09:27 AM

They don't take merwais into consideration when calculating average IQ (same with UN). Its their dirty little secret.

P.S: But they do take into account when calculating number of whiny bitches.

Radon0r
05-05-2012, 06:25 AM
and not overwhelmed by crazy religious idiots that chop peoples hands off and stone women to death (and no, not even the extreme orthodox Jews do that any more).

I lol'd at this line of bullshit. Thanks for the chuckles bud. News organizations might beg to differ with your statement.

Re. cheating issues - Yes, it obviously is a small portion of the users that cheated, but once again as I stated earlier, there have been significant changes in bandwidth lately, so I just wondered maybe the ban had been lifted.. Ah well, all hail Demonoid for whatever it can help me for...

Countries are usually banned when a large portion or majority of the users are problematic, not because of a "small portion" of knuckleheads. This has been the reasoning espoused by tracker staff that have bothered to defend their actions at least. I think their word holds more weight in this area than yours, just saying.

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I think their word holds more weight in this area than yours, just saying.

Statements made on behalf of trackers hold no weight whatsoever. Any statement made cannot have a negative value (even if we may joke otherwise). Therefore, you've established an invalid opinion.

Pwner101
05-15-2012, 11:09 PM
They blocked .il due to the fact MOST of the users from there were cheating.
Its not a question of the countries being poor or not.

To be honest... Israel is one of the richest countries in the world if I'm not correct.

When you have say 1000 users from Israel on your site and 95% of them are caught cheating it stand suffice.
Do I believe in banning countries no... I think making better detection to prevent people from cheating is more worthwhile than banning whole countries.

I do know of several users from Israel that were allowed to keep their accounts. I believe Dr. Lector from here still has his for instance.
So it has nothing to do with the countries being poor or rich. It has to strictly do with the users cheating.

DrParker
05-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Bitmetv sucks these days no wonder they had open signup recently...
content is poor relatively to BTN or even TVT.ro ,no leechers (traffic on hot torrents is small and on normal torrents is non existence so very hard to keep good ratio),not even one FL torrent, pre is slow,even the variety of the scene releases is poor so not to mention the non scene/web-dl.
Use BTN :)

cinephilia
05-17-2012, 05:22 AM
content is poor relatively to BTN or even TVT.ro ,no leechers (traffic on hot torrents is small and on normal torrents is non existence so very hard to keep good ratio),not even one FL torrent, pre is slow,even the variety of the scene releases is poor so not to mention the non scene/web-dl.

funny to see how their strict and excessive policy finally led the site to its downfall.

DrParker
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM

funny to see how their strict and excessive policy finally led the site to its downfall.

I agree and I hope that other tracker will learn from that and adjust

stan
05-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Tracker staff learn ? That will be a first.:whistling

DrParker
05-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Tracker staff learn ? That will be a first.:whistling

lol do u want to be the first? :P

Amadeu
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
They was in the past the best but due their way to glory other trackers are way better now like tvt.ro or better BTN where content is much more and seeders/leechers enough to survive very well dont need bitmetv if have tvt.ro or/and BTN yesterday was they aniversay and didnt give at least a freelech so bad is now in there
Conclusion: dont need account here unless you want to keep a bookmark for nothing