PDA

View Full Version : Any usenet providers you can still download UFC events from?

phantomftr
05-01-2012, 02:28 AM
I can confirm they are not available on usenetserver or astraweb

jefffisher
05-01-2012, 02:41 AM
just4today still has them which means budgetnews also still has them highwinds and giganews definitely do not, i don't know of any others.

zot
05-01-2012, 03:37 AM
This topic has recently been discussed in more detail on another thread.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/446841-alot-of-incompletes-on-giganews

I would suggest not posting any lists or anything like that, since these guys are obviously more in tune with what's going on in usenet discussion forums than probably any other anti-p2p enforcer I've ever seen. They already nuked most of the usual DMCA-free sanctuaries. Why make it any easier for them to find the rest?

phantomftr
05-01-2012, 03:40 AM
just4today still has them which means budgetnews also still has them highwinds and giganews definitely do not, i don't know of any others.

Thanks that works

This topic has recently been discussed in more detail on another thread.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/446841-alot-of-incompletes-on-giganews

I would suggest not posting any lists or anything like that, since these guys are obviously more in tune with what's going on in usenet discussion forums than probably any other anti-p2p enforcer I've ever seen. They already nuked most of the usual DMCA-free sanctuaries. Why make it any easier for them to find the rest?

Yeah I hear ya ..ops you can delete this thread if you want :D

Hypatia
05-01-2012, 09:43 AM
could you PM me several links( on indexers) of UFC that are not available on AW plz

mesaman
05-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Completion checkers (STAT or HEAD) will give you false results for AW.

Hypatia
05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
that is strange. unfortunately i cant download these events now from AW because i decided to freeze my account for summer and reopen it when i come back to the city

what does it look like when you actually try to download them?(a screenshot perhaps?)

Its the first time ive encountered this. Back then it was obvious that articles were missing.

When did they start doing it? I found several dmca takedowns on AW and they looked like "normal" missing articles pattern

lorraine02
05-09-2012, 12:36 PM
perhaps you can find some on the internet, but if you need install it on your computer , you'd better buy one

MultiForce
05-09-2012, 05:33 PM
perhaps you can find some on the internet, but if you need install it on your computer , you'd better buy one

I want some of that "candy" you got there.

phantomftr
06-23-2012, 06:39 PM

They no longer work on just4today either. SOB!!!

johhny
06-23-2012, 08:28 PM
just add them to auto download that should do it.

phantomftr
06-23-2012, 08:30 PM
just add them to auto download that should do it.

how do you do that? need a specific news client?

nyder
06-24-2012, 09:41 PM
usenetserver.com deletes UFC posts after a few hours.

seriously have the worse time downloading that stuff.

First 2 while passed the par2 check, still have crc errors (downloads from a good source, teevee)
then later, with others posted, bam! lost them part way thru.

Guess it's back to torrents for UFC, which sucks because it's part of the reason why I'm paying for a usenet account.

06-25-2012, 04:06 PM
made a little test with <[email protected]>
tweaknews: blocked
xs4all: ok
xsnews: missing
xsusenet: missing
xennanews: missing
just4today: dcma blocked

so use newszilla6.xs4all.nl to get some (~16-24 day retention)