PDA

View Full Version : [Request] BCG's

pharaoh
05-03-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm one of the unfortunate souls who lost their BCG's account due to inactivity during the recent prune. I went onto irc in hopes of just having my account reinstated. To my dismay I was told that the data of my existence there doesn't even exist. I was hoping seeding torrents there would be enough to keep my account active. I also couldn't understand how they had extensive data on people that get banned but not on veteran users like myself who has been a member there for over six years. Anyway I would like back in because I love the site. It's one of the few I've kept over my numerous years of sharing the love. If anyone has an invite I will be willing to show you any proper credentials you want from some very reputable sites. Me losing my upload credit and time there has been devastating enough, please don't let me lose the best game site on this planet also!!! :cry:

654654sdsgs
05-03-2012, 01:53 AM
I feel your pain same thing happened to me....i was a member for 2 years at BCG and 7 at TL. Lost due to account pruning, I understand where they are coming from though.
good luck :)

spaceshot123
05-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Nvm

IdolEyes787
05-03-2012, 10:44 AM
btw, can u arrange for a iloveclassics invite for me in the meantime..? been seeking that like crazy.:(

Or you could simply request it in a thread here.

spaceshot123
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
^ yea i realised after i posted.
My bad guys. Apologies. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
05-03-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm one of the unfortunate souls who lost their BCG's account due to inactivity during the recent prune. I went onto irc in hopes of just having my account reinstated. To my dismay I was told that the data of my existence there doesn't even exist. I was hoping seeding torrents there would be enough to keep my account active. I also couldn't understand how they had extensive data on people that get banned but not on veteran users like myself who has been a member there for over six years. Anyway I would like back in because I love the site. It's one of the few I've kept over my numerous years of sharing the love. If anyone has an invite I will be willing to show you any proper credentials you want from some very reputable sites. Me losing my upload credit and time there has been devastating enough, please don't let me lose the best game site on this planet also!!! :cry:

I got disabled because the administration thought that I didn't use the site enough anymore to be a viable member.
Seeing as BCG isn't a university and so tenure doesn't apply, sort of hard to argue with their logic.
Anyway I'm sure that if I want to play a game I can find it elsewhere or God forbid ,forget about it entirely and go outside or something.
Sometimes the World is probably just basically trying to tell you cut your loses and move on not backwards.

spaceshot123
05-03-2012, 09:00 PM
^ That last bit was deep Idol.. :)

IdolEyes787
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM

You have a lot of time to ponder life when the ability to play CoD is taken away from you.:(

spaceshot123
05-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Now i get it.. :lol:

Funkin'
05-04-2012, 02:20 AM
When you get another account make sure to always leave a DS game, or something like that, constantly seeding so you won't get disabled for inactivity again.

Anyway I'm sure that if I want to play a game I can find it elsewhere or God forbid ,forget about it entirely and go outside or something.

Lame

soulreaper
05-04-2012, 04:01 AM

You have a lot of time to ponder life when the ability to play CoD is taken away from you.:(

ROFL!! How very true hahaha!

zot
05-04-2012, 07:42 AM
I feel your pain same thing happened to me....i was a member for 2 years at BCG and 7 at TL. Lost due to account pruning, I understand where they are coming from though.

I got disabled because the administration thought that I didn't use the site enough anymore to be a viable member. Seeing as BCG isn't a university and so tenure doesn't apply, sort of hard to argue with their logic.

Please explain why it is hard to argue with their logic. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is the most ridiculous reason to ban people -- just for taking a break -- especially people with a long history of proving their value to the community. A lot of things can happen to keep people away, like getting drafted into the army, or whatever. So this is the kind of gratitude they should expect to get from the site owner for all those years of dedication and hard work?

Maybe I should feel glad that I never bothered to join a private torrent site, with all the silly rules, politics, and drama they're famous for. Or is there something I might be missing here?

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 11:27 AM
You seem to still subscribe to the pretense that life owes you something.Give it a few years and that feeling will likely pass.

zot
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
^^^ I subscribe to the "pretense" that people should be able to back up their claims ... instead of resorting to ad hominem when challenged. :lol:

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 04:17 PM
^^^ I subscribe to the "pretense" that people should be able to back up their claims ... instead of resorting to ad hominem when challenged. :lol:

Calling me ghey doesn't make what I say any less right.:)Anyway if that doesn't suffice then I'm willing to settle it with trial by combat.
As the challenged party you have the right to choose weapons but I should warn you that I'm exceedingly handy with a broadsword.

Also please don't reply telling me that I don't know what ad hominem means as it will only make things worse.

stoi
05-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I got disabled because the administration thought that I didn't use the site enough anymore to be a viable member. Seeing as BCG isn't a university and so tenure doesn't apply, sort of hard to argue with their logic.

Please explain why it is hard to argue with their logic. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is the most ridiculous reason to ban people -- just for taking a break -- especially people with a long history of proving their value to the community. A lot of things can happen to keep people away, like getting drafted into the army, or whatever. So this is the kind of gratitude they should expect to get from the site owner for all those years of dedication and hard work?

Maybe I should feel glad that I never bothered to join a private torrent site, with all the silly rules, politics, and drama they're famous for. Or is there something I might be missing here?

So contact us before you go, we have 5 VIPS who are away in the Army who wont get pruned whilst they are away, as VIPs dont get pruned.

If you dont tell us then bye bye, if you do we can work something out, its not rocket science here and we are not ogres either.

as for idol. wish you would just stfu tbh, go outside blah blah says the one with 20,000 posts on FST who cant help troll every single fucking thread on here.

IdolEyes787
05-05-2012, 11:14 AM
as for idol. wish you would just stfu tbh, go outside blah blah says the one with 20,000 posts on FST who cant help troll every single fucking thread on here.

I've come to the conclusion that sardonic humour isn't big among serious bitorrenters.
Anyway it's 19800 and something but I'm debating on quitting at an even 20k so as not to further offend all the good ,sensible and most of all refreshingly high- horsed forum members here.:)
Actually I'm thinking of giving up the internet entirely but that's another story,one that would probably interest you even less than your opinion on how I should conduct my life interests me.:)

Btw in case you missed it the inclusion of forum was one of those irritating attempts at sardonic humour.

Seriously bt forums are the only ones where people get accused of posting too much.:mellow:

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Sounds like you should go outside and take a breather. It does wonders, I'm outside with my lappie right now :yes:

stoi
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM

Sounds like you should go outside and take a breather. It does wonders, I'm outside with my lappie right now :yes:

Its hail stoning here, going out with a lappy would be a bit silly.

and @ idol

For months none of your posts have anything to do with BT when they are posted in the BT section, its lounge crap infesting the BT section, its boring, if i wanted to read shit lounge stuff, i would go to the the lounge, I dont, so I dont go there.

tbh I very rarely come to FST anymore, its even shittier than it used to be, and to think i used to stick up for this place to other trackers and staffers.

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Its hail stoning here, going out with a lappy would be a bit silly.

and @ idol

For months none of your posts have anything to do with BT when they are posted in the BT section, its lounge crap infesting the BT section, its boring, if i wanted to read shit lounge stuff, i would go to the the lounge, I dont, so I dont go there.

tbh I very rarely come to FST anymore, its even shittier than it used to be, and to think i used to stick up for this place to other trackers and staffers.

Don't wander too far from the awning.

@rant
How ironic that you seem to both dislike boring posts and non-bt related posts. What else is there to read?

Perhaps 'rare' isn't excessive enough? Considering that Idol has dispersed more tracker conversation in this thread than I recall having seen him do in the internet's history, your expectations are going to be poorly met.

manker
05-05-2012, 03:12 PM
How in a holy hail of shrapnel someone could say that a place where the overwhelming prevalence of post-type indicates a mode of 'bumpppppp', or variations thereof, is less boring than a given differential is quite simply beyond a realm of comprehension that I could, with good conscience, attribute to any given person of rational mindset.

I move that the poster should have thought it through.

IdolEyes787
05-05-2012, 03:19 PM
and @ idol

Isn't everything interconnected and only our own short-sightedness and closed minds prevent us from seeing that? At least that's what that show Touch wants me to believe.
Also and although you don't seem similarly so disposed sincerely no offense but whether or not FST is "shittier than it use to be" is more a reflection of those that decided to leave than those that decided to stay.:mellow:

Btw not that you care as it's "boring" and "has nothing to do with bt" but if put to it I'd still be inclined to stick up for you as I'm not inherently given to pissing on people that I have/had some interaction with over basically nothing.

Funkin'
05-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm eating a donut. Or is doughnut? Either way, it's fucking good.