PDA

View Full Version : Stupid BT users

Tv Controls you
05-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Before you read anything.... This thread is pretty much pointless... So unless you wish to waste your time reading some
pissy whining session, written by a spastic himself.... move on..

So... I decided to take up some college courses on my free time, in the Information Technology field. And of course Bit-torrent is always
brought up the second piracy is mentioned (with an obvious negative tone)... As if the only use for P2P networks is piracy (typical ignorant teacher's view)
Surprisingly, the stupid methods of teaching DRM, Copyright, and other B.S was by far surpassed by classmates. (That actually tend to be due to anti-trust issues rather than DRM/copyright)

On numerous occasions, I have seen other classmates browsing on private trackers such as What.cd, torrentleech, Rev-tt, demonoid, and numerous others.
Let me remind you that this college is monitored 24/7 by anti-piracy networks, as the college actually has an agreement to let them monitor all network activity closely.
I once remarked to a kid on what.cd... "you shouldn't browse or download on the schools network, as not only the school will find out, but what.cd will link your account to another person on the network"
In which I got the response, "No, it's fine... this isn't even my account.. It's my room mates". Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see his login name or I would have most likely reported the spastic cunt myself.

It then dawned on me right then, and there..... This is why we can't have nice things.... This is why sites get shut down.... This is where you hear the horror stories of people getting sued.
The BT community leads to its own demise... Purely by the amount of shitty members that a tracker acquires.

Funkin'
05-04-2012, 02:17 AM
I once remarked to a kid on what.cd... "you shouldn't browse or download on the schools network, as not only the school will find out, but what.cd will link your account to another person on the network"
In which I got the response, "No, it's fine... this isn't even my account.. It's my room mates".
Hilarious.

zot
05-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Let me remind you that this college is monitored 24/7 by anti-piracy networks, as the college actually has an agreement to let them monitor all network activity closely
If you mean monitored from the inside, then I suspect that this claim is just made-up propaganda to try to scare people away from using any *university-only* sharing network such as Direct Connect, which (when properly set up) would not even be visible to people on the outside.

A
05-04-2012, 03:01 PM
You must always account the lowest common denominator into account when providing anything to the masses. But I feel ya.

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Whatever happened to the good old days when people attended college simply to get drunk and engage in wanton sex?

Tv Controls you
05-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Whatever happened to the good old days when people attended college simply to get drunk and engage in wanton sex?

Considering the cost per credit.... I would actually consider it rape rather than "wanton sex" going on at most colleges.

If you mean monitored from the inside, then I suspect that this claim is just made-up propaganda to try to scare people away from using any *university-only* sharing network such as Direct Connect, which (when properly set up) would not even be visible to people on the outside.

Not really sure of the deal with software venders to monitor the network... Although I would imagine, it would result in something along the lines of.. cheaper "student" software..
or something of the likes... Although, I have heard of multiple people getting fines for first time warnings for torrenting(mostly Microsoft apps/os... which oddly enough is one of our biggest endorsers).

Artemis
05-04-2012, 09:57 PM

Heard of the new drinking game dreamed up here in N.Z.? The 'Possum' drinking game. The rules are really simple, you climb into trees and drink until you fall out. :blink:

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 10:00 PM

Heard of the new drinking game dreamed up here in N.Z.? The 'Possum' drinking game. The rules are really simple, you climb into trees and drink until you fall out. :blink:

I had no clue until you told me that I regularly played a game.

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 02:01 AM

If this isn't a real thing, it should be. I no longer want to live in a world where this does not exist.

Funkin'
05-05-2012, 06:41 AM
That made me chuckle out loud.

Artemis
05-05-2012, 10:52 AM

If this isn't a real thing, it should be. I no longer want to live in a world where this does not exist.

This really is a real demented game dreamed up by Otago University students. It has actually gone viral and been picked up by news agencies worldwide just gewgle 'possum drinking game' and you should get some spectacular results (for the merkins amongst us think of possums as very, very large squirrels :blink:)

IdolEyes787
05-05-2012, 11:20 AM
It beats the game in Texas where they get drunk,drive out into the country ,shine lights up into trees and shoot at any shiny eyes that show up.
Sadly I'm not making that up btw and I hope no Otago students happen to be vacationing there.

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 12:49 PM
(for the merkins amongst us think of possums as very, very large squirrels :blink:)

What in the blazes, what made you think we don't have possums here? We refer to them as opossums though, the word was invented here I think. They're a popular road decoration.

Artemis
05-06-2012, 12:20 PM
(for the merkins amongst us think of possums as very, very large squirrels :blink:)

What in the blazes, what made you think we don't have possums here? We refer to them as opossums though, the word was invented here I think. They're a popular road decoration.

I've seen your opossum and it looks a bit anaemic compared to a large chunky New Zealand possum, ours tend to have shorter snouts too. Squirrels are far more prevalent than opossums which is why I went for the squirrel/possum analogy. They are at epidemic levels here and decorate the roadside frequently.

mjmacky
05-07-2012, 04:14 AM

I've seen your opossum and it looks a bit anaemic compared to a large chunky New Zealand possum, ours tend to have shorter snouts too. Squirrels are far more prevalent than opossums which is why I went for the squirrel/possum analogy. They are at epidemic levels here and decorate the roadside frequently.

Doesn't change the fact that you thought there were no possums here.

Artemis
05-07-2012, 04:28 AM

There are times when I like you, and there are times when I would to see your eyes bug out in distress from the stranglehold pressure I am applying to your windpipe. Guess which end of the scale I'm leaning towards right now?

mjmacky
05-07-2012, 04:44 AM

There are times when I like you, and there are times when I would to see your eyes bug out in distress from the stranglehold pressure I am applying to your windpipe. Guess which end of the scale I'm leaning towards right now?

All I could understand is that you don't enjoy having kinky sex with people you like.

megabyteme
05-11-2012, 05:42 AM

Your possums may be fatter, but our fat people have beaten the Heck out of your anaemic population. Take that! In your skinny little faces!!! Some of our people even have snouts... :01:

It beats the game in Texas where they get drunk,drive out into the country ,shine lights up into trees and shoot at any shiny eyes that show up.
Sadly I'm not making that up btw and I hope no Otago students happen to be vacationing there.

Urban myth. Like there's actually trees in Texas.