PDA

View Full Version : Two great shows have been renewed for another season by the CW network!

OlegL
05-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Two great shows have been renewed for another season by the CW network! Those shows are "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural". I love those shows!

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 10:53 PM
There are no great shows on the CW network.:blink:

manker
05-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Two great shows have been renewed for another season by the CW network! Those shows are "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural". I love those shows!I fucking love both of those shows. I'm glad to hear they've renewed.

The last series of Supernatural was a little ropey. I quit watching it half way through and haven't picked it back up yet, but it's always been pretty decent up to then.
I guess if I was a purist, I would say Supernatural peaked at the conclusion of series four and should have ended there, on a high, as it were. But, well, I'm not.

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Shows that feature hawt guys and make really little sense.I see a pattern here.

manker
05-04-2012, 11:38 PM
So you think the WInchesters are hawt :eyebrows:

Edit: Which one is your favourite? I bet it's Sam.

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 11:51 PM
You'd be wrong it's Dean.
Bad boy thing obviously.:eyebrows:

manker
05-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Same, dewd.
We should hang out more :eyebrows:

IdolEyes787
05-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Adding to your bank of useless information here is the movie in which he met his rl wife Danneel Harris (http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfjmcefDgO1qarx3t.jpg).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3lnl8_ten-inch-hero-scene-jensen-ackles_shortfilms

manker
05-05-2012, 12:08 AM
He's married D;

===

I've never seen him in anything else. I watch Supernatural with teh missus, who is obviously a Sam fan and is completely blind to the fact that Jared Padalecki only has two facial expressions; not very happy and not very sad. Dean on the other hand I think could possibly act his way out of a wet paper bag and I wouldn't mind seeing him make the transition to an action movie or something.

Altho' Ari Gold said once this is very unlikely to happen. So meh.

IdolEyes787
05-05-2012, 12:20 AM
He's married D;

===

I've never seen him in anything else. I watch Supernatural with teh missus, who is obviously a Sam fan and is completely blind to the fact that Jared Padalecki only has two facial expressions; not very happy and not very sad. Dean on the other hand I think could possibly act his way out of a wet paper bag and I wouldn't mind seeing him make the transition to an action movie or something.

Altho' Ari Gold said once this is very unlikely to happen. So meh.

Actually a couple years ago they coincidentally both starred horror movies released around the same time (Jensen Ackles -My Bloody Valentine .Jared Padalecki - Friday the 13th reboot) and when I wrote a review of the latter I wrote" of the two who'd have thought Sam would turn out to be the better actor" or words to that effect.

Btw Ackles has been in quite a few previous series usually playing an asshole.

Also who's Ari Gold?

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 02:57 AM
The CW peaked when it was airing Voyager on UPN. I think I liked Platypus Man too, as I don't tend exhibit a viscerally negative reaction when someone says Richard Jeni.

That last part was theoretical, since I've never heard another living soul say Richard Jeni

Snee
05-05-2012, 08:42 AM
I've never seen him in anything else.
Not seen Dark Angel, then?

Initially decent sci-fi show with Jessica Alba as genetically altered supersoldier on the run. It did run on for a bit too long, and in the end ended abruptly without any real conclusion.

Jensen Ackles was in it, playing another supersoldier. At times he was mildly funny.

Supernatural is the best thing he's done that I've seen, though.

manker
05-05-2012, 02:30 PM
No I haven't seen it. I downloaded it fecking ages ago because he was in it, but never got around to watching it.
I've still got it, so.

Actually a couple years ago they coincidentally both starred horror movies released around the same time (Jensen Ackles -My Bloody Valentine .Jared Padalecki - Friday the 13th reboot) and when I wrote a review of the latter I wrote" of the two who'd have thought Sam would turn out to be the better actor" or words to that effect.

Btw Ackles has been in quite a few previous series usually playing an asshole.

Also who's Ari Gold?No one for you to worry about. I think you definitely know because of the awards and I imagine you pore over them like a biochemist presiding over an array of splayed and radioactive frogs. I'm not going to make a thing out of it.

I have the Bloody Valentine film in 3D but heard it's shite and haven't got around to watching it. What you say intrigues me, though, about Sam being the better actor.
Definitely has to be seen to be believed because I thought someone threw an extra armoire in the room during most of the 'tense' scenes in Supernatural.

IdolEyes787
05-05-2012, 09:05 PM
True story.I was flipping around the dial this afternoon and happened upon Vampire Diaries.
What I'm wondering is there like more than one show called Vampire Diaries because the one I watched sucked balls.

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 10:07 PM
True story.I was flipping around the dial this afternoon and happened upon Vampire Diaries.
What I'm wondering is there like more than one show called Vampire Diaries because the one I watched sucked balls.

That's most likely the right one.

manker
05-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Get invested in the characters, heathen.
It takes at least 6 painful episodes and then you're set.

IdolEyes787
05-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Should I also become a teenage girl while I'm at it as I'm sure that will likewise help?

Look I know what you are saying is true of most shows that have sustained storylines and a lot of back story to characters .Satisfaction is of course more likely found in a sit-down dinner than a quick snack but seriously you still have to start with reasonable ingredients.:mellow:
I guess I would just like you to admit that it shite but that doesn't effect your enjoyment of the show. I have shows that I enjoy that are undeniably shite.:idunno:

manker
05-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Should I also become a teenage girl while I'm at it as I'm sure that will likewise help?

Look I know what you are saying is true of most shows that have sustained storylines and a lot of back story to characters .Satisfaction is of course more likely found in a sit-down dinner than a quick snack but seriously you still have to start with reasonable ingredients.:mellow:
I guess I would just like you to admit that it shite but that doesn't effect your enjoyment of the show. I have shows that I enjoy that are undeniably shite.:idunno:I swear I've already done that, when I first started talking about it. I listed a load of shows that I think are bad but that I really enjoy watching anyhow. Vampire Diaries was one, along with Supernatural and ... idk ... others. I deliberately left out stuff like Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire.

And don't pull that crap with me, I know you're a teenage girl. Do you honestly think I'd put this much time and effort into talking to you if there wasn't to be some kind of internets secks and possibly used underwear in the post pay-off in the not too distant future.

pentomato
05-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Those are girly shows aggggggg

Artemis
05-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Those are girly shows aggggggg

All these years later and he's still a spastic, Oi where's your lesbian mate pentoretard?

IdolEyes787
05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
And don't pull that crap with me, I know you're a teenage girl. Do you honestly think I'd put this much time and effort into talking to you if there wasn't to be some kind of internets secks and possibly used underwear in the post pay-off in the not too distant future.

If I'm a teenage girl then I'm afraid to inform you that I'm a lesbian.

mjmacky
05-07-2012, 04:10 AM

Even hotter.

megabyteme
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM

Even hotter.

Unfortunately, that's Canadian teenage lesbian. She's a lumberjack, and she works all day, she chops down trees...

In other words, all descriptions of workout routines, etc. are NOT exaggerated.

jamesf38
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
@Snee
Supernatural is a great show. And its still going ..Yay

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 10:05 AM
@Snee

Mary you're a scientology;join date April 06 ,only decides to start posting tripe yesterday.What is the exact probability of this ending well?

OlegL
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM

You don't like "The Vampire Diaries"? I think it's a great show; in my opinion, it's better than "Buffy" and other vampire shows/movies.

mjmacky
05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
@Snee

Mary you're a scientology;join date April 06 ,only decides to start posting tripe yesterday.What is the exact probability of this ending well?

I'm rather impressed that he managed to recall having a membership here 6 months after creating the account. Great things to come.

You don't like "The Vampire Diaries"? I think it's a great show; in my opinion, it's better than "Buffy" and other vampire shows/movies.

Kurozuka, Shiki > buffy, vampire diaries

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Kurozuka, Shiki > buffy, vampire diaries To equate Buffy to Vampire Diaries is stupid and needs to be Avenged.
Also I looked up the stuff you mentioned and it's like silly cartoons while Buffy is obviously true to life.

megabyteme
05-09-2012, 08:51 PM

I'm rather impressed that he managed to recall having a membership here 6 months after creating the account. Great things to come.

I lasted 3:18 on this, and gave it a "Huh? What's Macky see in this?"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKAV7zm1nE

Evanescence
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
I madly love them , especially Supernatural , Dean & Sam ..... :P

manker
05-09-2012, 09:10 PM
At 3:52 a submissive horse with tentacles enters the fray and rapes everyone in the gym except Naruko who is so furious that he bums his dad.

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Fuck Sam and Dean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_juH0AHvwk

manker
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Fuck Sam and Dean.
:kiss:

megabyteme
05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
At 3:52 a submissive horse with tentacles enters the fray and rapes everyone in the gym except Naruko who is so furious that he bums his dad.

That's just a cheap copy of Buffy. At least how I would like to remember it. :naughty:

manker
05-09-2012, 09:45 PM

That's just a cheap copy of Buffy. At least how I would like to remember it. :naughty:I could seriously get into hentai in a big way if the Buffy franchise was ever somehow accommodated :smilie4:

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Fuck Sam and Dean.
:kiss:

Obvious humour is obvious.

ckrit
05-10-2012, 07:36 AM
That's just a cheap copy of Buffy. At least how I would like to remember it. :naughty:I could seriously get into hentai in a big way if the Buffy franchise was ever somehow accommodated :smilie4:
I know, rite. There's almost not been any of that :sly:

mjmacky
05-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Besides some cool action sequences, the guy wakes up in different eras every time he dies wondering how he got there and how he's connected with that vampire mistress chick. It slowly pieces together their history through revealing information during both the past and future, like there's no present. Seems a bit out there but I couldn't help but really like it :smilie4:

megabyteme
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
That's a cool premise as you describe it. I guess largely, I found the style fatiguing. Too much bombardment, I think...

mjmacky
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I guess largely, I found the style fatiguing. Too much bombardment, I think...

I guess I just got used to it, and if I recall the pacing shifts dramatically, it may have been fatiguing but I'm just not recalling it that way.

megabyteme
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I guess largely, I found the style fatiguing. Too much bombardment, I think...

I guess I just got used to it, and if I recall the pacing shifts dramatically, it may have been fatiguing but I'm just not recalling it that way.

Just watched 4 minutes of the same clip I posted yesterday looking for what made it difficult for me to watch. There are constant sharp cuts (intentionally, as a style, I'm sure) which make it jarring. EDIT- Along with the constant shifts in pacing. -END EDIT. I'd still call that "fatiguing". I've tried anime (right word, isn't it?) before, and have never really connected with it the way fans of it do.

mjmacky
05-10-2012, 11:01 PM

Just watched 4 minutes of the same clip I posted yesterday looking for what made it difficult for me to watch. There are constant sharp cuts (intentionally, as a style, I'm sure) which make it jarring. EDIT- Along with the constant shifts in pacing. -END EDIT. I'd still call that "fatiguing". I've tried anime (right word, isn't it?) before, and have never really connected with it the way fans of it do.

If I were in the business of recommending anime, I'd probably send you over to a series called Monster. It's on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/naoki-urasawas-monster), though I don't know if it's regular or Hulu+.
As with any series, I wouldn't recommend the dubbed version. I'm just saying there's a long list of series I'd put above Kurozuka, so I don't know how you tricked me into trying to sell that one to you.

If I were in the business of recommending amines, I'd probably ask what your intended purpose was. They can be toxic and pungent, so you know, I just have to be more careful with that subject.

ckrit
05-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Kemonozume (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/7a673ee0cf/love-at-first-bite) is basically the most accessible anime evar.

:smilie4:

Whoever clicks that link, make sure no small children or sensitive people are in the room, btw. I'd link something Shigurui (lovely story) as well, but don't really have any favourite clips to link available.

manker
05-11-2012, 01:31 PM
lol wtf :lol:

If ever I run out of things to watch that aren't anime, I'm definitely going to watch some of that anime.

megabyteme
05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Kemonozume (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/7a673ee0cf/love-at-first-bite) is basically the most accessible anime evar.

I won't go into any details, but that is A LOT like how my first kiss went. :O

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I can only guess mine was a little more awkward.