KLINSMANN
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi, i have TL and want SCC. Thx

TTS
05-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Bufferd ? if TL buffered over than 1 TB. let me know

mjmacky
05-09-2012, 04:55 AM
I've never seen so many people use the term "buffered" that have not the slightest clue as to the origin of its meaning.

Artemis
05-09-2012, 06:12 AM
I've never seen so many people use the term "buffered" that have not the slightest clue as to the origin of its meaning.

A buffered account means that they have a large amount of credit on the account i.e. the account has maybe downloaded 50gb and uploaded 500gb so the 'buffer' is 450gb and ratio on the account is 9 making the account an extreme user or whatever the class is on that particular tracker. This makes it a far more attractive trade item. Often such accounts are passed around multiple times simply to leech off, until the buffer is depleted and then discarded, so the value of the account is the buffer.

mjmacky
05-09-2012, 07:16 PM

A buffered account means that they have a large amount of credit on the account i.e. the account has maybe downloaded 50gb and uploaded 500gb so the 'buffer' is 450gb and ratio on the account is 9 making the account an extreme user or whatever the class is on that particular tracker. This makes it a far more attractive trade item. Often such accounts are passed around multiple times simply to leech off, until the buffer is depleted and then discarded, so the value of the account is the buffer.

A buffered solution means that it has a large amount of weak acid/base dissolved within, i.e. the solution has maybe 50 mM weak acid and 500 mM weak base so the 'buffer' has a Henderson-Hasselbalch logarithmic ratio of 10 making the solution at the high extreme of its buffering capacity for that particular pKa range. This makes it a far more attract substance to intake acid. Often such solutions are...

I am giving up before I finish.

Also, it's not the original use of "buffer", but it predates the more modern adaptation and is usually understood on some sub-cognitive level.

Kind of like peeing in a pool.

Artemis
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM

A buffered solution means that it has a large amount of weak acid/base dissolved within, i.e. the solution has maybe 50 mM weak acid and 500 mM weak base so the 'buffer' has a Henderson-Hasselbalch logarithmic ratio of 10 making the solution at the high extreme of its buffering capacity for that particular pKa range. This makes it a far more attract substance to intake acid. Often such solutions are...

Also, it's not the original use of "buffer", but it predates the more modern adaptation and is usually understood on some sub-cognitive level.

This particular gene pool is mostly pee. :naughty:

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 08:48 PM

I'm buffer than you.

TTS
05-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm the most buffered guy ever :rolleyes:

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 09:58 PM

What country are you from and does that sentence make any sense there?

TTS
05-09-2012, 10:41 PM

i am from the USA :whistling

Artemis
05-10-2012, 03:50 AM
i am from the USA :whistling

The Ozarks obviously, home of the third grade education, shotgun marriage and family trees that go straight up (no branches).

mjmacky
05-10-2012, 12:39 PM

I'm buffer than you.

I piss in your gene pool.

This particular gene pool is mostly pee. :naughty:

Has exceeded buffering capacity.

anon
05-11-2012, 12:23 AM

The first time I heard the term in BT I wondered how CD burning was relevant.

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 12:30 AM

The first time I heard the term in BT I wondered how CD burning was relevant.

Didn't everything have to fit on a disc in the olden days? It might be insensitive to say olden days since people living in countries of the third order don't have the same access to electronic media the way many other in the rest of the world do.

anon
05-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Didn't everything have to fit on a disc in the olden days?

If it didn't, you made it so. Blank media was way more expensive back then.

Even though CDs and DVDs are around a dime each nowadays, I still try to use space as efficiently as possible... well, in the rare occasions I burn discs to begin with.

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Didn't everything have to fit on a disc in the olden days?

If it didn't, you made it so. Blank media was way more expensive back then.

Even though CDs and DVDs are around a dime each nowadays, I still try to use space as efficiently as possible... well, in the rare occasions I burn discs to begin with.

Yeah, but consider the cost of a 100 GB hard drive back then. It would have been more cost effective to to store the movies on a hard disc if your collection was large enough to justify it. Otherwise (and more commonly), it's much cheaper to pick up the few movies you want @ about $1 a pop at the local "video" store. I don't know if you've ever been to one, but it's literally a storefront where they sell CDs/DVDs of pirated movies and music, xvid on disc, label and cover printed, brilliant. I've seen this kind of thing in markets, but an actual store takes the cake for me.

teflon05
05-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I still back up anything Video, audio, etc. that I would really hate to lose to disk, even though I have about 15 TB of external storage. I had a 1 TB external that got fried once & I lost a shitload of stuff, some of which I never did recover. The one advantage that DVD's & CD's have, is that as long as you keep them in a safe place & are careful handling them, they'll last practically forever.

anon
05-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but consider the cost of a 100 GB hard drive back then. It would have been more cost effective to to store the movies on a hard disc if your collection was large enough to justify it.

I wasn't much into movie downloading back then. It was more music and warez. And I had a 20 gig hard drive :D

Otherwise (and more commonly), it's much cheaper to pick up the few movies you want @ about $1 a pop at the local "video" store. I don't know if you've ever been to one, but it's literally a storefront where they sell CDs/DVDs of pirated movies and music, xvid on disc, label and cover printed, brilliant.

We sort of have that here, mostly as newspaper stands which sell boxed copies of programs, games and movies, just like you mention.

In the early 00s there was the following: every few weeks you'd find a brochure at your doorstep, which was actually a warez catalog. You would call the number printed at the bottom (always a mobile), order the things you wanted and leave your own number. Within a day or two they'd call back to tell you the copies were ready and ask where to deliver them. Prices were between 5 and 10 AR$ per disc. It was a bit like you were buying crack from them, except it was pirated stuff. And the price was excellent, considering that downloading a CD's worth of content through dial-up would take a lot more time and money.

Still have a few of those discs myself.

IdolEyes787
05-11-2012, 04:50 PM
The one advantage that DVD's & CD's have, is that as long as you keep them in a safe place & are careful handling them, they'll last practically forever.And dust also needs a place to call home.

mjmacky
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
The one advantage that DVD's & CD's have, is that as long as you keep them in a safe place & are careful handling them, they'll last practically forever.And dust also needs a place to call home.

His dust was a rolling stone
wherever particles settled was its home
and when it was feathered
all it left him was alone alone alone