PDA

View Full Version : Mod This Thread!

megabyteme
05-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Would it be possible to give thread starters the ability to mark their titles requesting higher levels of moderation- such as automatic deletion of post counters, and obvious unwelcome posts? This would swing both ways- movie section, and trade/beg. And would also mark certain threads as fun spam collecting zones.

Perhaps even a dropdown box like the [REQ]/[Give] indicating something like [No Mod]/[Low Mod]/[High Mod]...

Just an idea.

IdolEyes787
05-12-2012, 10:51 AM
The fact that you're an American probably should have clued me that you'd be against free speech.
Btw no offense and don't invade me or nothing.

chalice
05-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Shite idea. Back to the drawing board, Adolf.

manker
05-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Bollocks to free speech, I'm recently against all that since I've got a tiny bit of internets power which makes up for my hitherto failure in life and getting laid in general due to my unfeasibly small penis.

I'd be more concerned that bittards would be expecting me to be their bitch against the evil tyranny that is Idol and his minions of the bump apocalypse.

megabyteme
05-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Sweet. A universally hated idea. :01:

Typically, I only see those when suggesting something to my wife around the in-laws. :w00t:

IdolEyes787
05-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I will try and impress on you the outcome if your idea was ever implemented.
All the decent,reasonable people would let threads remain as "Mod free" as possible while all the less than decent,less than reasonable people would see it as an opportunity to close threads and let whatever vileness and general stupidity they are up to go unchallenged.
Given this very likely outcome you tell me who are the members that gain the greater benefit?

OK now shut up.

anon
05-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I thought we had the report button for threads that required moderation. :idunno:

megabyteme
05-12-2012, 07:47 PM
I thought we had the report button for threads that required moderation. :idunno:

Thanks for reminding me. Reported. :ermm:

Artemis
05-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Sweet. A universally hated idea. :01:

Typically, I only see those when suggesting something to my wife around the in-laws. :w00t:

Nude twister is ALWAYS a bad idea with the in-laws. :blink:

IdolEyes787
05-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Would it be possible to add a mod from the North American time zone so that somebody might be available on off hours to manually ban those fucking movie link spambot accounts?
I nominate Meg as his kids are like two now and it's about time that they started looking after themselves.

mjmacky
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
I would like to request unlimited power, but only if I had no oversight. Don't worry, you could trust me; however, you may not find me reliable.

megabyteme
05-25-2012, 06:44 PM
I go through all the effort to post nice movie links for you, now you want me to mod myself. Next thing, you'll want me to stop creating J-Dye accounts, too. :snooty:

IdolEyes787
05-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I go through all the effort to post nice movie links for you, now you want me to mod myself. Next thing, you'll want me to stop creating J-Dye accounts, too. :snooty:

When you become a Mod you'll have to stop having fun and spamming and cool stuff like that.*

*manker doesn't count as obviously his is only an honoury title and he has no real power.

Also as it appears this site isn't staffed any more I intend to burn down the Trade section with all those illiterate fucks in it now that I have the chance.

Artemis
05-26-2012, 09:38 AM

When you become a Mod you'll have to stop having fun and spamming and cool stuff like that.*

*manker doesn't count as obviously his is only an honoury title and he has no real power.

Also as it appears this site isn't staffed any more I intend to burn down the Trade section with all those illiterate fucks in it now that I have the chance.

Did someone say barbecue? :blink:

Can I bring my marshmellows?

mjmacky
05-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Did someone say barbecue? :blink:

Can I bring my marshmellows?

Wouldn't recommend unless you like the aftertaste of meatbag.

IdolEyes787
05-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I would request that if manker is AWOL the administration please create another Mod position .I would but I doubt anyone on staff can be bothered to log into the site to read the request before I succumb to advanced old age .

manker
05-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I would like to request that if a new mod from North America is appointed, then I put myself forward for the not yet created position of super-mod as I've always wanted an eager underling.

megabyteme
05-26-2012, 03:47 PM
I would like to request that if a new mod from North America is appointed, then I put myself forward for the not yet created position of super-mod as I've always wanted an eager underling.

How about Ziggy? It's unlikely we'd find more of an underling anywhere, and with all the effort his family put into achieving that "North" portion of N. America, it seems like a just punishment recognition.

manker
05-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Ehh, jiggy is already the bottom in our Skype interchanges.
I need a fresh underling. Preferably someone female or at least a male with a pliable female relative.

IdolEyes787
05-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Meg's wife is a bit of a whore.

manker
05-26-2012, 05:15 PM
I know you're from Canadia, mate, but in civilisation a person's wife isn't usually a relative.

IdolEyes787
05-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Then why for some instances is she legally considered to be the closest next of kin?

football
05-26-2012, 08:29 PM
You Torontarians obviously don't take your incest seriously.
What good is coercing a member of your family into online shenanigans if she isn't related by blood.

megabyteme
05-26-2012, 09:15 PM

I think of it kinda like renting out an unused bedroom in your house. :idunno:

football
05-26-2012, 10:47 PM

I think of it kinda like renting out an unused bedroom in your house. :idunno:

:lol: