PDA

View Full Version : Do you think torrent site staff should trade?

Artemis
05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
I ask this question for the simple reason that there was a trade attempted here recently in this thread:http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/448213-Have-BeyondHD-Want-SCC . Now the trade was to be done by klax187 an admin of hd-bits. As an ex-staff member myself I find this particular abhorrent, but I also find it extremely hypocritical considering hd-bits stance on traders? They are severe and so as an admin level staff member klax187 would have been one of the team deciding the fate of many a members accounts while finding it perfectly reasonable to trade himself?

I have my own opinion on this subject, but I have not been around bt trackers for awhile, so am asking what you think about this subject and whether the general feeling about trading, and in particular whether this is wrong as a senior staff member?

optimuscrime
05-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Of course. If you enforce a rule, you should follow it yourself. I doubt that many people disagree.

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Like you Art I basically keep my nose clean of all the bt stuff so I don't know actually "how it is anymore " but twas a time that the sole motivation a large percentage of staff to become staff was to worm their way into certain other trackers.
I don't see how a staffer openly admitting to the fact makes him a whole lot worse than that particular kind of quiet hypocrisy.
That and for most people it's not a question of morality it's a question of what's currently in fashion.

Artemis
05-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Like you Art I basically keep my nose clean of all the bt stuff so I don't know actually "how it is anymore " but twas a time that the sole motivation a large percentage of staff to become staff was to worm their way into certain other trackers.
I don't see how a staffer openly admitting to the fact makes him a whole lot worse than that particular kind of quiet hypocrisy.
That and for most people it's not a question of morality it's a question of what's currently in fashion.

A telling point is the LACK of posts in this thread, everyone keeping quiet like good little robots because this is about the staff of Hdbits.net. I find it interesting though that said staff member simply didn't ask one of the many fawning sycophants for an invite to anyone of 100 torrent sites including Shangri-law or anything else that is a. on the rare list (for the collector in bt users all) or b. simply took his fancy. I feel certain that there would have been a queue of users with invites outstretched looking to suck up.
I find particular hypocrisy in that this user will have been reprimanding users for being traders, then banning him from his own site, while having an ambivalent attitude about trading in general, as long as it is not his site? Surely this morally flexible attitude is rather questionable in an administrator?

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 09:14 PM
HD-Bits.net.(ro) not HDbits.org

Artemis
05-14-2012, 09:35 PM
HD-Bits.net.(ro) not HDbits.org

See I told you I was out of the game I didn't even know there was two sites with similar names, nor do I care. The premise stands, if an admin asked a user or even an fls or uploader on the site and said hook me up bro, they would be falling over themselves, he could go on the irc chan and ask and I guarantee he would have a flood of invites in five minutes flat.

mjmacky
05-14-2012, 10:11 PM
If it'll make you happy Arte, I'll say it.

Cheating staffers at HDBits.org can go fuck themselves :)

manker
05-14-2012, 10:17 PM
:lol: :earl:

OlegL
05-15-2012, 07:59 AM
As an ex-staff member myself

You were a staff member of hd-bits.ro?

Funkin'
05-15-2012, 08:03 AM
What I do actually care about is if this site gets enough OlegL on a daily basis. Which I don't think we have been. But whether or not this piece of shit teenage admin from some tracker that I couldn't care any less about trades/cheats/touches his sister at night is of absolutely no concern of mine...

manker
05-15-2012, 08:44 AM
I'd trade you my 24TB buffered TCB account with seven stars for some of that sister touching action. Hell, I'll even let you touch my seed-box.

Disme
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Bittorrent ... thy name is hypochrisy!

It doesn't matter what HD-Bits tracker it is ... it's once again cristal clear torrent-staffers are only human ... and just like in the real world there's all kind of people, hypochrits, dumbasses, dishonest people, small-minded people, etc ...

killercam101
05-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Bittorrent ... thy name is hypochrisy!

It doesn't matter what HD-Bits tracker it is ... it's once again cristal clear torrent-staffers are only human ... and just like in the real world there's all kind of people, hypochrits, dumbasses, dishonest people, small-minded people, etc ...

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww263/xxxxl_2009/1265908215335.gif

Disme
05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Elo KC, long time no see bud ;)

Glad to see you were able to translate my post into a pic, that says more than a 1000 words!

megabyteme
05-15-2012, 06:24 PM
I'd trade you my 24TB buffered TCB account with seven stars for some of that sister touching action. Hell, I'll even let you touch my seed-box.

I'm willing to trade my user account with over 203TB of Dave raping buffer on http://magnumdave.wordpress.com/ for some hardcore sister touching. My wife has hacked my seedbox, but I still maintain full staff privileges.

Tv Controls you
05-16-2012, 03:53 AM
I ask this question for the simple reason that there was a trade attempted here recently in this thread:http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/448213-Have-BeyondHD-Want-SCC . Now the trade was to be done by klax187 an admin of hd-bits. As an ex-staff member myself I find this particular abhorrent, but I also find it extremely hypocritical considering hd-bits stance on traders? They are severe and so as an admin level staff member klax187 would have been one of the team deciding the fate of many a members accounts while finding it perfectly reasonable to trade himself?

I have my own opinion on this subject, but I have not been around bt trackers for awhile, so am asking what you think about this subject and whether the general feeling about trading, and in particular whether this is wrong as a senior staff member?

Everything surrounding this Act is very.... strange to me...

You would think an admin on hd-bits, would have enough connections to pull an SCC invite legit.... for god's sake..
Shit, if he would of posted on the hdbits forums, I bet tons of users would have tried to invite him... in the sorry ass hope of receiving some kind of reward on hd-bits. (spastics)

But his bold move to post a public trade on a forum where his identity is clearly known.... That is a ballsy move.
I would like to believe there is something more to posting the trade, then wanting a SCC invite. (possible beef with SCC?, ohh BT DRAMA :-p)

mjmacky
05-16-2012, 09:28 AM
You would think an admin on hd-bits, would have enough connections to pull an SCC invite legit.... for god's sake..
Shit, if he would of posted on the hdbits forums, I bet tons of users would have tried to invite him... in the sorry ass hope of receiving some kind of reward on hd-bits. (spastics)

It was originally confusion on Artemis's part that he was HDBits.org staff. When, as I've gathered, he is staff at hdbits.ro or hdbits.net or something like that.

Tv Controls you
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM

It was originally confusion on Artemis's part that he was HDBits.org staff. When, as I've gathered, he is staff at hdbits.ro or hdbits.net or something like that.

lol, at all the hdbits variations....
But Still, you would think that he would be able to pull a legit invite...

cinephilia
05-17-2012, 05:10 AM
.ro

ok now i get it

mjmacky
05-17-2012, 07:50 AM

lol, at all the hdbits variations....
But Still, you would think that he would be able to pull a legit invite...

He's obviously not of that character, and are you really surprised to see that manifest?

Cabalo
05-17-2012, 06:23 PM
.ro

ok now i get it
:D

There are no moralities in BT. This is just another fine example to reinforce this idea.

ziggyjuarez
05-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Sure, Where else would they steal releases from?

ExtraDry
05-19-2012, 05:24 AM
2003 when I got in to BT, high standards were kept by staff and members
Now seems these rules have relaxed some what, as so many sites out there fighting for members.Those that never open their doors open them even data bases are raped to get members
Main point times are changes guess staff are now trading :-) ......As us old timers say" this kind of shit wouldn't have happened in my day"
We shot peeps for less

kingeater
05-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Now seems these rules have relaxed some what, as so many sites out there fighting for members.Those that never open their doors open them even data bases are raped to get members
Main point times are changes guess staff are now trading :-) ......As us old timers say" this kind of shit wouldn't have happened in my day"
We shot peeps for less

Not to be a douche, but IIRC, there were some "scandals"/BT Drama a while back (08-09 ish) where there were BT staff trading for those "elite" site invites. Maybe I am imagining that, but I am pretty sure if you were persistent enough, you could dig up the old threads here (and elsewhere) with these same issues. Sure, there is more sites now than there ever used to be. But to be fair, these problems existed way before now.

/Then again, they never used to make it as public as the one the OP was talking about :P

A
05-20-2012, 09:10 AM
People running private trackers are supposed to be dumb by default right? I see nothing to be surprised of.

teflon05
05-20-2012, 01:29 PM
We shot peeps for less

You must be thinking of a different BT than me, because from what I remember, trading used to be pretty common among staff members. You'd probably be surprised at some of the people that dabbled in it, not that most of them would admit to it now.

th0r
05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Not to be a douche, but IIRC, there were some "scandals"/BT Drama a while back (08-09 ish) where there were BT staff trading for those "elite" site invites. Maybe I am imagining that, but I am pretty sure if you were persistent enough, you could dig up the old threads here (and elsewhere) with these same issues.
first off, this forum has been ran by douches for a long time, so we're all right at home here. second, there's always been staff account/invite trading drama since the rise of private trackers, (around 2001 or 2002?), only in the last few years it's been publicized yet blown way out of control

IdolEyes787
05-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Not to be a douche, but IIRC, there were some "scandals"/BT Drama a while back (08-09 ish) where there were BT staff trading for those "elite" site invites. Maybe I am imagining that, but I am pretty sure if you were persistent enough, you could dig up the old threads here (and elsewhere) with these same issues.
first off, this forum has been ran by douches for a long time, so we're all right at home here. second, there's always been staff account/invite trading drama since the rise of private trackers, (around 2001 or 2002?), only in the last few years it's been publicized yet blown way out of control

I appreciate your inflated opinion of your own intelligence.

DeadPoet
05-22-2012, 11:21 AM
You must be thinking of a different BT than me, because from what I remember, trading used to be pretty common among staff members. You'd probably be surprised at some of the people that dabbled in it, not that most of them would admit to it now.

This.

Lot of those non-trading community tracker staff members where trading back in days. It was ok thing to do. Things changed and silly anti-traders showed up (lot of them were traders :lol:).

Artemis
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM

This.

Lot of those non-trading community tracker staff members where trading back in days. It was ok thing to do. Things changed and silly anti-traders showed up (lot of them were traders :lol:).

So the silly anti-traders turned up en-masse from where exactly and they changed everyones minds? Is that your recollection? And once the silly anti-traders turned up everyone went fuck we'd better be good now? Are you for real? If it was the staff's position that trading was OK and a whole lot of users turned up and said oh no that's terrible, then the staff would say piss off and probably ban them outright.

Every single tracker out there has a clause saying that invites are NOT to be traded. Some trackers enforce this more strictly than others, but that clause is still there to protect the tracker and it's members.

It's all very well tossing out these unfounded accusations, but during the times you are talking of there were two groups of tracker staff, the established ones who had been around for awhile and the wannabe's. Now the established trackers had nothing to prove, the staff all knew/know each other and there was no reason to trade, you simply asked.

There was however a second group, in a rush to prove that they were all that, they included some well known traders who started trackers that failed miserably in most part, but while they were sysops and admins they were busy talking smack and being the big heroes, banning left right and center, for trading on their own precious site (ironic :blink:) cheating or even just badmouthing or perceiving to have badmouthed staff.
There were many spectacular failures during this time, due to ego as much as anything else........

mjmacky
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Who staffed mininova, btjunkie and kickass torrents? Those guys were pretty rad because I didn't even know who they were.

DeadPoet
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
So the silly anti-traders turned up en-masse from where exactly and they changed everyones minds? Is that your recollection? And once the silly anti-traders turned up everyone went fuck we'd better be good now? Are you for real?

That wasn't what I meant. Anti-trading was a trend used by lot of bittorent users to obtain invites for little community trackers, staffed by these guys:

There was however a second group, in a rush to prove that they were all that, they included some well known traders who started trackers that failed miserably in most part, but while they were sysops and admins they were busy talking smack and being the big heroes, banning left right and center, for trading on their own precious site (ironic :blink:) cheating or even just badmouthing or perceiving to have badmouthed staff.
There were many spectacular failures during this time, due to ego as much as anything else........

mjmacky
05-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Things changed and silly anti-traders showed up.

I think that's probably when all the adults came into the private realm, or a lot of the early users just grew up.

mjmacky
05-26-2012, 10:04 AM
It would appear our little staff trader got what he was looking for.

Solved.FYI, i got invited to SCC, i am not a trader and i will never be one.Case closed, stop all that useless spamm.Thank you and have a nice day! :)

You heard it straight from the tard's mouth, he is not a trader and will never be one. I'd like to think he was properly spanked and took a lesson from it; however, I'm sure he'd also say something like, "i watched videos of men fucking chickens, but I didn't masturbate to it, i am not a poulophile and i will never be one. FYI, i got jacked off by another boy."

Perhaps we have Pobell to thank

Yes I'm an older member, and from the public perspective I look like never done good for this community. Well for your information I called a lot of people to come here, to receive and give stuff.
Not all the good things done, comes to public announcement... I'm a discrete guy, and I always will be, that's why I like to take care of things "PM only". And if you want to know a little more, I already gave invites and accounts to members without receiving anything in exchange. They we're looking to trade, and I just gave them what they wanted, simple as that.

IdolEyes787
05-26-2012, 11:34 AM
"I was born at night ,just not last night". More like someone with real authority at his wank site laid down the law to him in no uncertain terms and now he thinks himself clever being all surreptitious and everything.
Solved.FYI, i got invited to SCC, i am not a trader and i will never be one.Case closed, stop all that useless spamm.Thank you and have a nice day! :)

Artemis
05-26-2012, 11:51 AM
I personally find it strange that someone who isn't a trader and never will be one, posted a thread in TRADE section of FST offering to trade an account in exchange for another. He then replied that he was ambivalent ( for all the less than literate amongst us unworried) about trading in general as long as it wasn't his site. That you comeback later and edit the first post does not alter WHERE that post is or what everyone is replying to klax187 and by lying more and more about it you are simply digging a bigger hole.

mjmacky
05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I personally find it strange that someone who isn't a trader and never will be one, posted a thread in TRADE section of FST offering to trade an account in exchange for another. He then replied that he was ambivalent ( for all the less than literate amongst us unworried) about trading in general as long as it wasn't his site. That you comeback later and edit the first post does not alter WHERE that post is or what everyone is replying to klax187 and by lying more and more about it you are simply digging a bigger hole.

Actually I missed the edit in the first post, he's actually trying to hide and burn all the evidence :lol:

IdolEyes787
05-26-2012, 08:49 PM
// FYi, i got what i needed without trading anything, i found somewhere else someone nice enough to invite me to SCC, so big thanks to him.However, i won't attempt to trade anything, ever again, because it's not worth it.So, please delete this topic forever, since you can't label me a trader anymore because i'm not one and i'll never will be, i've never traded anything for real, ever, even if i have a few accounts on different sites of my own,with decent buffers, those are my created accounts and always will be, there's no trade involved and never will be.Thank you for understanding this! Also, i will not take part in your mean assumptions and i will not answer your flaming spams, i think that all of you made a mockery of yourselves by insulting me in vain so much for apparently no reason, since i never traded anything.Where are the evidences? Obviously, there are no evidences.Nobody holds my accounts other than me myself and i.So, there's no point in continuing this non sense crap, i'm innocent.Case closed. ;)

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Anyway if I were to be "kind" to you I would then have to in turn be "mean" to the truth and as I respect the truth infinitely more than I respect you I don't really think that would be fair now would it?

Artemis
06-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Since Cap87 thinks the bit torrent section should be for 'quality' posts, look what I dug up, I mean it's got all the hallmarks of a great bt thread, with lashings of soap opera thrown in as well for good measure. :naughty:

mrtoke09
06-08-2012, 10:39 PM
well i say hell no

TTS
06-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Trade is cool. fuck tracker rules.

Funkin'
06-12-2012, 06:35 AM
If trading is what you think is "cool" then I honestly feel sorry for your empty life.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 07:34 AM
I don't know, it's sort of hypocritical to be so unkind to newbies. I mean, I was at one point a noob at life, and when these traders age past 14, they'll need positive role models like ourselves to guide them through and into adulthood.

Funkin'
06-12-2012, 08:42 AM
age past 14, they'll need positive role models like ourselves to guide them through and into adulthood.
Meh. Too old. I'll pass on the whole role model thing...

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
age past 14, they'll need positive role models like ourselves to guide them through and into adulthood.
Meh. Too old. I'll pass on the whole role model thing...

No accountability :no:

TTS
06-12-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm old too :)

Disme
06-12-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm old too :)

Stupidity knows no age :rolleyes:

bumrocks
06-13-2012, 01:53 AM
^ I love this guy. Not just in a platonic way :whistling

IdolEyes787
06-14-2012, 10:25 PM
In other news

HDBits.org database have been hack and users passwords leaked.

A staffer has been caught selling his invites and the db hack is apparently his retribution for being caught.

I hear that copies of the leaked database were extremely high quality though.

Also you can't actually "seek retribution" (Punishment that is considered to be morally right and fully deserved) for something like that.:mellow:

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 11:19 PM
I've never heard of anything been hack before. Did he use time warp or something?

megabyteme
06-15-2012, 05:55 AM
HDBits.orgdatabase have been hack and users passwords leaked.
A staffer has been caught selling his invites and the db hack is apparently his retribution for being caught.

The database was copied in a full 1080p. All members' account details are clearly visible without pixelization.
*Note* Anyone downloading the database must seed for 3 days. Sharing is caring!

Artemis
06-15-2012, 06:12 AM
In other news

Also you can't actually "seek retribution" (Punishment that is considered to be morally right and fully deserved) for something like that.:mellow:

While the source(s) for the HDBits.org database hack are sketchy and there is no confirmation at the moment from anyone with in HDBits themselves, the one telling fact is that when users log on to their accounts for the last three days they have been prompted to change their passwords. On the balance of probabilities the staff are probably trying to keep an embarrassing security breach quiet.
HDBits.org closed it's invite system originally because so many invites were being sold, and now it seems, although unconfirmed, the same thing is happening with a staff member selling invites no less.

wazza100
06-15-2012, 09:18 AM
In other news

on quality i would expect nothing less from hd bits

IdolEyes787
06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
In other news

on quality i would expect nothing less from hd bits

Too bad the same quality doesn't extend to the staff.

Also as one of the sites that deemed it judicious to artificially inflate it's "value" to the point of acquiring an account has almost become a cottage industry ,should anyone really be surprised that some people decide to take advantage of the situation?

stan
06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
It's a shame. HDBits used to have the best staffers money could buy.

anon
06-15-2012, 01:16 PM
The database was copied in a full 1080p. All members' account details are clearly visible without pixelization.

How's the audio? I want every byte to sound crystal clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIx5xDSfUC4

IdolEyes787
06-15-2012, 03:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIx5xDSfUC4

I hate authority so with your instatement I now need to tell you to shut the fuck up.

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 04:39 AM

[video]

I'm not a sellout, I don't talk to The Man. :dry:

anon
06-16-2012, 04:59 AM
I hate authority so with your instatement I now need to tell you to shut the fuck up.

I'm not a sellout, I don't talk to The Man. :dry:

Come on, guys. Just think it's the same anon as always, but with a new paint job or something.

mjmacky
06-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Come on, guys. Just think it's the same anon as always, but with a new paint job or something.

Ban the both of them for a day, and learn them a thing or two about authority fear respect.

anon
06-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Ban the both of them for a day, and learn them a thing or two about authority fear respect.

Or we could find the cause of this "fuck the police" ideology.

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 06:02 AM

Ban Macky for a day and show that you are willing to use your powers for corruption good.

Quarterquack
06-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Anon in blue stars? Allowing someone who had such a rough start on the site due to past affiliations ascend the ranks, is a true testament to this site's e-mazingness.

IdolEyes787
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Anon in blue stars? Allowing someone who had such a rough start on the site due to past affiliations ascend the ranks, is a true testament to this site's e-mazingness.

You were the first choice for new Mod but someone has been spreading malicious rumours about you being dead.

Quarterquack
06-16-2012, 07:51 PM
You were the first choice for new Mod but someone has been spreading malicious rumours about you being dead.

I'd reply to that with anything other than this, but knowing you, you'd possibly ignore it for a few days and then call my post a great alternative to sedatives thereafter. :dry:

IdolEyes787
06-16-2012, 08:11 PM

I'd reply to that with anything other than this, but knowing you, you'd possibly ignore it for a few days and then call my post a great alternative to sedatives thereafter. :dry:

I'm working on this theory that you might be brilliant but I am having trouble gathering enough data to prove it as every time I start reading one of your posts I end up falling asleep.

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 10:01 PM

I know that staff did not make the decision without giving that substantial thought. You have got to admit though, without that mark on his history, he has been nothing but an outstanding member (and friend to many of us) on this site. I think his position is very well earned.

In fact, I asked him once about his "outside" work, and it basically boiled down to being strongly in favor of the end user. Which just happens to coincide very well with his position here. This site is for individuals who wish to share and receive files. Some of us wish for stronger emphasis in support of the trackers themselves, but FST is (primarily) focused on the end user. Idealism aside, anon is a perfect fit for what FST is, and wants to be.

*EDIT* And his knowledge of technical matters is absolutely amazing.

You were the first choice for new Mod but someone has been spreading malicious rumours about [Darthy] being dead.

I knew we shouldn't have hired the hitman outside of a Walmart. :no: