PDA

View Full Version : Proof that the Sports Club forum is pish

tralalala
05-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Yesterday, one of the most ridiculous, unimaginable moments in sports took place when City won the title in the same manner United won the Champions League in 1999.. A last minute showdown. Simply amazing.

And yet not a single comment about it? :lol:

As a United fan I'm obviously gutted, but still, at least it went down to the wire. Exciting as hell. Did any of you watch it? I was actually at work so I missed the action, but reading about it afterwards was enough to get some shivers.. :lol:

Barbarossa
05-14-2012, 01:13 PM
I didn't want city to win it, but on balance they probably deserved to considering they paid enough money for it.

manker
05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
I commented on it in the 20p thread.
That thread > Sportsworld.

And now I'm tearing up again because after spending all day avoiding the subject by steering clear of the internets and actually concentrating on work type work, I've had to think about it again.
I've never been on the wrong end of such sudden sporting trauma before :emo:

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Yesterday, one of the most ridiculous, unimaginable moments in sports took place when City won the title in the same manner United won the Champions League in 1999.. A last minute showdown. Simply amazing.

As a United fan I'm obviously gutted, but still, at least it went down to the wire. Exciting as hell. Did any of you watch it? I was actually at work so I missed the action, but reading about it afterwards was enough to get some shivers.. :lol:

Amazingly few people in North America follow English soccer,who'd have ever thunk it.If you foreign types would like to talk about the Stanley Cup play-offs or MLB or something like that I'd be happy to obliged though.

No I didn't think so.

Something Else
05-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I felt it was coming, but it was still shocking. Like when the Merkins re-elected Bush.

Something Else
05-14-2012, 05:05 PM

Amazingly few people in North America follow English soccer,who'd have ever thunk it.If you foreign types would like to talk about the Stanley Cup play-offs or MLB or something like that I'd be happy to obliged though.

No I didn't think so.

Puntsphere. Penguin-boy.

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 05:18 PM
There aren't any penguins in the Northern hemisphere except in zoos.

tralalala
05-14-2012, 06:04 PM

No I didn't think so.

You mean that sport where the trophy awarded to the champions is bigger than the stadium it's lifted in, and that sport where there are more innings than runs scored in most of the games played..? :huh:

:lol:

j/k, I actually love watching the NBA and the NFL when they're on (well, actually they are on all the time, but rarely at normal times over on our end of the globe). Wish I could be arsed to stay up to watch the playoffs but it simply won't happen.. ah well.

Artemis
05-14-2012, 08:13 PM
The thing with merkin sports is they are forever calling timeout? WTF, my attention span isn't up to it anymore and I find myself surfing off to other things that actually involve movement........

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 08:42 PM
The thing with merkin sports is they are forever calling timeout? WTF, my attention span isn't up to it anymore and I find myself surfing off to other things that actually involve movement........

In American football they spend more time picking themselves up off the ground than they spend running plays.If a play lasts longer than 7 seconds it's the football equivalent of a 40 point tie breaker in tennis. With Basketball the problem is in and of themselves almost every individual basket means nothing. And I only put in baseball as an example of a North American sport that everyone would probably be familiar with.What do "big fans" in baseball care about ,statistics.:blink:
At least with hockey ,the play is meant to be as continuous as possible,goals are at enough of a premium that every one usually effects the outcome of the game and it's not so utterly boring that the people who watch it have had to come up with something else to do to pass the time.

Actually of the mass media sports I probably just as soon watch soccer as anything if not for the fact that they have a disturbing tendency to cheat and dive and like fuck and at least half of the time no one's even really trying to win the game.

Something Else
05-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Can you beat the crap out of people in Ice Hockey, or is it just internets rumours.

mjmacky
05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
I just learned that I share an overall sports perspective with Idol :blink:

Thank goodness there is a slight departure, in that I don't watch hockey due to the fact that figure skating is a bit ghey.

manker
05-14-2012, 09:42 PM
I thought you didn't like any sports :eyebrows:

manker
05-14-2012, 09:50 PM

In American football they spend more time picking themselves up off the ground than they spend running plays.If a play lasts longer than 7 seconds it's the football equivalent of a 40 point tie breaker in tennis. With Basketball the problem is in and of themselves almost every individual basket means nothing. And I only put in baseball as an example of a North American sport that everyone would probably be familiar with.What do "big fans" in baseball care about ,statistics.:blink:
At least with hockey ,the play is meant to be as continuous as possible,goals are at enough of a premium that every one usually effects the outcome of the game and it's not so utterly boring that the people who watch it have had to come up with something else to do to pass the time.

Actually of the mass media sports I probably just as soon watch soccer as anything if not for the fact that they have a disturbing tendency to cheat and dive and like fuck and at least half of the time no one's even really trying to win the game.
Both basketball and NFL are fantastic highlights sports. There used to be a magazine type program for each on CH4 in the UK, and I rarely missed either. Of course, I was a student then and never missed an episode of Kilroy either, but that's not the point.

Neither game stands up when watched live precisely for the reasons you and others outlined but if getting drunk whilst overseeing a cook-out and having sport on in the background is your thing, then either of these sports is tailor-made.

What you say about puntsphere is completely untrue, but you were being facetious anyhow. The diving is real enough but it's an ugly part of the game brought on by wanting to win a little too much and being willing to do anything to get an advantage. It's abhorrent but the rule-makers seem reluctant to bring retrospective punishment to bear and the current yellow-card shown to divers is infrequently used - due to them being so fecking good at it now :dabs:

My favoured solution is the pink card. Anyone caught diving in a match by a fourth official watching on a TV monitor is issued a pink card there and then by the referee and has to sit out a subsequent two game ban. It would stop diving straight away and I'm not sure what the hold up is.

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Can you beat the crap out of people in Ice Hockey, or is it just internets rumours.

They actually employ people to do little else.True story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlLbJHKw8M

Use to be bloodier back in the day when players even went after fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8K7roZu3WU

I should note that both those games are in New York so feeling like killing everyone is justifiable.

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 09:54 PM
My favoured solution is the pink card. Anyone caught diving in a match by a fourth official watching on a TV monitor is issued a pink card there and then by the referee and has to sit out a subsequent two game ban. It would stop diving straight away and I'm not sure what the hold up is.

I'm in favour if they also write you're a big fag on the pink card.

mjmacky
05-14-2012, 10:01 PM

Stop glaring.

I watch real football every once in awhile, not enough to remember anyone's name but I usually catch up on all that during World Cup time. I just can't get excited following league play since our league is no fun and I find no motivation to stay on top of another country's league. I hear we have a decent hockey team given our non-icy location, and have been invited out countless times, I've just never made it out to a game (mostly because I hate being around a mass of other Floridians).

mjmacky
05-14-2012, 10:01 PM

They should all be given goatse cards.

manker
05-14-2012, 10:07 PM

Stop glaring.

I watch real football every once in awhile, not enough to remember anyone's name but I usually catch up on all that during World Cup time. I just can't get excited following league play since our league is no fun and I find no motivation to stay on top of another country's league. I hear we have a decent hockey team given our non-icy location, and have been invited out countless times, I've just never made it out to a game (mostly because I hate being around a mass of other Floridians).You're the sweetest girl/man I've ever met.

I also don't know why you don't like the eyebrows man. He isn't glaring at you. He's just thinking about you.
Malevolently.

manker
05-14-2012, 10:10 PM

I'm going to tell you that in all probability, it would be an orange card or a different non-gay colour because it wouldn't be PC to use a pink card, let alone a pink card with you're a giant cawk-swallower on it. I'd also like to take the opportunity to tell you that red and yellow cards were introduced to the game at its infancy but were phased out, only to be brought back in during the late 80s in a blaze of publicity.

I tell you this because Arty is hovering. And, well, y'know.

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 10:17 PM
As there are all kinds of wordplay and other witticisms going on I have to pay attention most of the time in the Lounge.
Now that DarthCicero's gone Art's posts give me that rare opportunity to sleep.
I might actually create a thank you thread.

mjmacky
05-14-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm going to tell you that in all probability, it would be an orange card or a different non-gay colour because it wouldn't be PC to use a pink card, let alone a pink card with you're a giant cawk-swallower on it. I'd also like to take the opportunity to tell you that red and yellow cards were introduced to the game at its infancy but were phased out, only to be brought back in during the late 80s in a blaze of publicity.

I tell you this because Arty is hovering. And, well, y'know.

Inimitable defeat.

manker
05-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Darth Cicero has gone? :o

I thought I'd merely continued to skim over his posts.

Artemis
05-14-2012, 10:57 PM
As there are all kinds of wordplay and other witticisms going on I have to pay attention most of the time in the Lounge.

It's all the spastics you keep swatting, you can't change mental gears, and bathe in the true magnificence that is my knowledge. You are now a mere shell or your former self, bereft of substance.You have become a sand idol, blowing in the tidal cesspool of the bittard section......

IdolEyes787
05-14-2012, 11:05 PM
It's all the spastics you keep swatting, you can't change mental gears, and bathe in the true magnificence that is my knowledge. You are now a mere shell or your former self, bereft of substance.You have become a sand idol, blowing in the tidal cesspool of the bittard section......

Unless I'm completely misreading this you're hitting on me.

chalice
05-14-2012, 11:06 PM

Here, Arty-Fucking-Fact, mucho thanks for the history lesson about the saboteur thing. If I had a 3D monitor I'd be doing a clog dance on your horse-loving face, you bum.

manker
05-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Agree.
The Horse Whispering Aubergine story was almost certainly the most compelling anecdote I've ever read on the board. Rivalling and then surpassing JP's legendary ski-boxing novella and my own vaunted wallpaper epistolary.

mjmacky
05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Finally weary from my lackadaisical ignorance of the definition of aubergine, I finally looked it up. It's eggplant, I want to go back to believing it was a type of horse.

Artemis
05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Finally weary from my lackadaisical ignorance of the definition of aubergine, I finally looked it up. It's eggplant, I want to go back to believing it was a type of horse.

It was the first large and not particularly ballistic shaped vegetable that popped into his fuzzy little mind, the basic premise was something unfeasibly large to stick up a horses vagina, although an aubergine was probably not ambitious enough, it would probably fit imho (no I have no urge to do any field trials, I will supply the horse and the ambulance, you can find a suitable moron candidate). I personally would have leaned somewhere towards huge, maybe watermelon or a nice big pumpkin perhaps?

mjmacky
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm not much of an eggplant man myself, but is it rigid enough to be incorporated into sex practices? The way I'm imagining it, it's one Kegel flex away from Baba ghanoush.

megabyteme
05-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Let's step back here for one moment. Baseball is a sport? :blink:

This definition must come from the same people trying to get poker and checkers umbrella'd under that same category, too.

Merkins. :dry:

manker
05-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Finally weary from my lackadaisical ignorance of the definition of aubergine, I finally looked it up. It's eggplant, I want to go back to believing it was a type of horse.It was the first large and not particularly ballistic shaped vegetable that popped into his fuzzy little mind, the basic premise was something unfeasibly large to stick up a horses vagina, although an aubergine was probably not ambitious enough, it would probably fit imho (no I have no urge to do any field trials, I will supply the horse and the ambulance, you can find a suitable moron candidate). I personally would have leaned somewhere towards huge, maybe watermelon or a nice big pumpkin perhaps?I'm not much of an eggplant man myself, but is it rigid enough to be incorporated into sex practices? The way I'm imagining it, it's one Kegel flex away from Baba ghanoush.I didn't choose a bigger, more rounded vegetable because I put myself into the horse whisperer's mind and decided he would probably choose an item which would most closely resemble the head of a stallion's cawk such that the mare might be more conducive.
Having never seen one of those close up, I decided an aubergine might fit the bill (or the vagina, as the case may be).

I will, of course, bow to the knowledge of experts in the field. I am, at best, an enthusiastic amateur.

tralalala
05-16-2012, 07:33 PM

This definition must come from the same people trying to get poker and checkers umbrella'd under that same category, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5123986

If they had this on live TV, along with sausage-eating contests and "timber-sports"... I guess its no holds barred.. :glag:

megabyteme
05-17-2012, 02:21 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5123986

If they had this on live TV, along with sausage-eating contests and "timber-sports"... I guess its no holds barred.. :glag:

:weep: At least it has more action than baseball...

mjmacky
05-17-2012, 07:48 AM
I will, of course, bow to the knowledge of experts in the field. I am, at best, an enthusiastic amateur.

You're excusing yourself for being wet behind the ears on horse cock, but don't deny any expertise on jerping.

manker
05-17-2012, 09:41 AM
'jerping' :lol:

I don't think letting slip that I know what the approximate dimensions of an aubergine are qualifies me as an expert in the field.
Having said that, I imagine getting one to fit up your arse needs repeated anal instruction.

If you need to know more, Dr. Squeams is in practice later.

mjmacky
05-17-2012, 10:52 AM

She practices psychology, isn't it a bit aggressive to go there without so much as a one or two fingered rectal exam?

megabyteme
05-17-2012, 11:02 AM

She practices psychology, isn't it a bit aggressive to go there without so much as a one or two fingered rectal exam?

She also tortures mice. I'm sure she'd have no qualms about tossing one of those in at no charge.

mjmacky
05-17-2012, 11:12 AM

She also tortures mice. I'm sure she'd have no qualms about tossing one of those in at no charge.

That's hardcore, don't they chew aggressively?

manker
05-17-2012, 11:16 AM
You'll be safe.
They have all their teeth removed to find out whether L'Oreal shower gel can cause cancer in leopards. Or something equally pointless.

megabyteme
05-17-2012, 11:17 AM

That's hardcore, don't they chew aggressively?

Lemmiwinks didn't seem to, but he was a gerbil, or a hamster, or something else. :idunno:

Snee
05-17-2012, 09:32 PM
You'll be safe.
They have all their teeth removed to find out whether L'Oreal shower gel can cause cancer in leopards. Or something equally pointless.

I thought she was one of them scientists wot grow human ears on mouse backs or something, presumably so they can hear rly well.

I even thought about making a thread about that sort of thing.

I could like point out some sort of ostensibly silly experiment of which I'd completely ignore the long term implications and potential benefits. And then I could finish off with something along the lines of "Boffins - what will they think of next?".

And then we could all sit around in some sort of circlejerk of smugness, nodding sagely.

But then I remembered that most of the lounge irregulars have at least normal intelligence, and would be bored as fuck with that sort of thing. Apart from people on that board where dave totally has friends* that barbie found the other week when he was stalking dave, I don't really know who'd enjoy that sort of thing

*friend   [frend] Show IPA
noun
a person who mainly ignores dave.

manker
05-17-2012, 10:28 PM
You'll be safe.

I thought she was one of them scientists wot grow human ears on mouse backs or something, presumably so they can hear rly well.

I even thought about making a thread about that sort of thing.

I could like point out some sort of ostensibly silly experiment of which I'd completely ignore the long term implications and potential benefits. And then I could finish off with something along the lines of "Boffins - what will they think of next?".

And then we could all sit around in some sort of circlejerk of smugness, nodding sagely.

But then I remembered that most of the lounge irregulars have at least normal intelligence, and would be bored as fuck with that sort of thing. Apart from people on that board where dave totally has friends* that barbie found the other week when he was stalking dave, I don't really know who'd enjoy that sort of thing

noun
I don't know what she does, exactly, altho' I remember something about bunnies with broken backs so I quit wondering at that point in favour of thinking about her bewbs.
It seems to have worked out nicely so far.

I can think of at least three active username on this board who would love to discuss boffins and their crazy schemes - which brings me to my next point:

You should have posted the full definition.

noun
a sock-puppet created by dave to interact with dave.

mjmacky
05-17-2012, 11:24 PM
a sock-puppet created by dave to interact with dave.

A misappropriated definition, that's a fuck buddy.

manker
05-18-2012, 01:49 AM
I left the tab open, read a few more posts, came back, replied to a different post. Came back a third time - and I fucking got it :01:

Might be an American thing. I only got it cus of a Guttermouth song I like which contains the lyric 'i like to drive she wants to walk, she caught me jacking in my sock'
You should listen to that song and tell me what you think, I would think you'd hate it.

mjmacky
05-18-2012, 10:31 AM
I left the tab open, read a few more posts, came back, replied to a different post. Came back a third time - and I fucking got it :01:

Might be an American thing. I only got it cus of a Guttermouth song I like which contains the lyric 'i like to drive she wants to walk, she caught me jacking in my sock'
You should listen to that song and tell me what you think, I would think you'd hate it.

Come on now, you're even more disconnected from the human experience than I if you have to go to song to understand a masturbation reference. And I honestly don't know how I feel about pop punk, I think I like it as far as I like punk, which doesn't even take me down the block.

Googled the song and thought, oh I know that song based on the title, but was apparently wrong. I was thinking of the Roxette song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62RokYZAR5M

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 11:12 AM
2.a sock-puppet created by dave to interact with dave.

I will not have you call Squeams a "sock puppet". :angry:

manker
05-18-2012, 11:30 AM
It's just that British guise don't tend to wank into socks. I have never done it and don't know anyone that has.
I -think- it's an American thing.

Also, that Roxette song is my mam's favourite song. I don't mind it either :happy:

mjmacky
05-18-2012, 11:42 AM
It's just that British guise don't tend to wank into socks. I have never done it and don't know anyone that has.

So what do you Brits do for clean up, leave it on the bed and have your mum come around and do the linens? Or did you just have an infinite supply of tissues? Remembering back, I've probably wanked into all articles of clothing, except maybe for the nice shirts and pants.

manker
05-18-2012, 12:09 PM

So what do you Brits do for clean up, leave it on the bed and have your mum come around and do the linens? Or did you just have an infinite supply of tissues? Remembering back, I've probably wanked into all articles of clothing, except maybe for the nice shirts and pants.Yeah, tissues. You don't need an infinite supply, just like a two per wank. One as the catcher and one as the dabber.

I remember when I was about 14, me and a couple of my friends went over this guy's house. He wasn't really part of our crowd but we went over because his mam put Mars Bars in the freezer and it was summer. His mam said that there weren't enough for all of us so to go upstairs and wait like half hour for the extra ones to freeze.

We all went up and his room fucking stank. It looked clean and tidy but the smell was hideous I was like; 'Dai, wtf is that smell?'
He told us all that it was probably the curtain. So we looked at him some more. He finally elaborated and said that his curtain is the nearest thing to the left hand side of his bed so he just jizzes on that.
I looked over and you could literally see all the salt stains creeping upwards. It reminded me of a chromatography experiment.

We stayed regardless. Frozen Mars bars > *.

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 12:12 PM

:glag:

@the rest of the story: :sick:

mjmacky
05-18-2012, 12:21 PM
So what do you Brits do for clean up, leave it on the bed and have your mum come around and do the linens? Or did you just have an infinite supply of tissues? Remembering back, I've probably wanked into all articles of clothing, except maybe for the nice shirts and pants.Yeah, tissues. You don't need an infinite supply, just like a two per wank. One as the catcher and one as the dabber.

I remember when I was about 14, me and a couple of my friends went over this guy's house. He wasn't really part of our crowd but we went over because his mam put Mars Bars in the freezer and it was summer. His mam said that there weren't enough for all of us so to go upstairs and wait like half hour for the extra ones to freeze.

We all went up and his room fucking stank. It looked clean and tidy but the smell was hideous I was like; 'Dai, wtf is that smell?'
He told us all that it was probably the curtain. So we looked at him some more. He finally elaborated and said that his curtain is the nearest thing to the left hand side of his bed so he just jizzes on that.
I looked over and you could literally see all the salt stains creeping upwards. It reminded me of a chromatography experiment.

Something doesn't add up, you knew about chromatography at 14?

P.S. Guess the carpets match the drapes after all.
:drummer:

manker
05-18-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm remembering more stuff.

Pretty sure I have used a sock as a catcher-cum-dabber. Loads of times, actually.
It's just that I haven't had a sock over my cawk while wanking. 'She caught me jacking in my sock' makes me think of that :eyebrows:

manker
05-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah we did the ink blot test in my first year at comprehensive, so I'd have been eleven.

P.S. <groanz>

mjmacky
05-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I had never played the Ike and Tina show myself using the sock puppet technique, but it only takes a small extension of the clean up idea. The sock can be like, the first condom.

manker
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Or you could just use a condom as your first condom.
They literally hurl them at teenagers in the UK. Although I imagine that the US would be more circumspect in the matter, what with god and all.

mjmacky
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
They literally hurl them at teenagers in the UK. Although I imagine that the US would be more circumspect in the matter, what with god and all.

Now you're thinking. God only barebacks.

manker
05-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Now you're thinking. God only barebacks.He's also omnipotent and omniscient.

You'd think he'd have more than just the one kid :eyebrows:

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Now you're thinking. God only barebacks.He's also omnipotent and omniscient.

Do you think He would have the power to not be everywhere? Really, what I'm asking is if he has the choice to not be in fat chicks' cooters. :idunno:

manker
05-18-2012, 01:03 PM
He's also omnipotent and omniscient.

Do you think He would have the power to not be everywhere? Really, what I'm asking is if he has the choice to not be in fat chicks' cooters. :idunno:
Must be. That's what I'm saying.

He chooses not to have his throbbing god cawk inside chicks otherwise there'd be deities all over the place. The fact that there was one, once, means that he is a capable sire so that one occasion he must have got blind drunk and ended up banging Mary.
That's the virgin Mary, not our Mary, although our Mary might well be a virgin, too. She likes anime :eyebrows:

Basically, I've just proved that god is gay.

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Must be. That's what I'm saying.

He chooses not to have his throbbing god cawk inside chicks otherwise there'd be deities all over the place. The fact that there was one, once, means that he is a capable sire so that one occasion he must have got blind drunk and ended up banging Mary.
That's the virgin Mary, not our Mary, although our Mary might well be a virgin, too. She likes anime :eyebrows:

Basically, I've just proved that god is gay.

Or he places his omnipotent mind on baseball stats, and never cums. Mary just had the perfect little box, and he couldn't hold back.

manker
05-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Couldn't have been that tight, she did ride a donkey :pinch:

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Couldn't have been that tight, she did ride a donkey :pinch:

I'm not certain of Heaven, but if there is a Hell, we've just confirmed our reservations. :lol: