PDA

View Full Version : Can't post anything with my older userid

abcname
05-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Need help , my previous id seems to be behaving oddly as i can't post anything or send PM.Can you please let me know whats wrong my user id - absent_today

http://filesharingtalk.com/members/269955-absent_today

manker
05-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Well it's not banned or anything.
Maybe log into your other ID, click on a thread and hard refresh the page and see if that helps. We had an issue with a javascript file yesterday which prevented some people from posting.

See this thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/448286-Text-Editor-field-problem) for what people were saying and whether it's the same as the problem you're having.

If not, let us know and we will try to help.

anon
05-14-2012, 05:45 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/447672-Multiple-Give-Away-1-X-IPT-1-X-FL-RO-1-X-TD-4-X-BG?p=3675702&viewfull=1#post3675702

You got it solved pretty quickly it seems. :idunno:

manker
05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
So it appears :pinch:

megabyteme
05-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm currently experiencing a similar problem commenting in the News section. I'm using the WYSIWYG, and it won't give me the working text box. Odd...

Artemis
05-17-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm currently experiencing a similar problem commenting in the News section. I'm using the WYSIWYG, and it won't give me the working text box. Odd...

Yup just tried the same thing myself and got the same result as meg, what have you done. :cry1:

manker
05-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Just tested it on the regular editor and wysiwyg - and it worked fine.
Maybe you guise just suck, did you think about that.

Artemis
05-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Just tested it on the regular editor and wysiwyg - and it worked fine.
Maybe you guise just suck, did you think about that.

Well that certainly limits a career move into the mental health profession, or any of the caring professions really.....yes I'd stick with numbers if I was you.....

Cabalo
05-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Which browser are you guys using?

Could you please test it on the latest IE9 ?

megabyteme
05-17-2012, 06:19 PM
I recently switched to chrome. I could not find a version number, but assume it is up-to-date. Here is what the text box looks like:

I checked with IE9, and got the same exact problem. Thanks for looking into it, just realized I meant to post in the other thread. :doh!:

Artemis
05-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Firefox 12.0 here will try IE but I really, really loathe Internet Exploder......

megabyteme
05-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Firefox 12.0 here will try IE but I really, really loathe Internet Exploder......

I put gloves on before using it. :sick:

tesco
05-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Did you try hitting the refresh button while on the page with teh broken editor?
There was a bug, fixed last weekend, that caused this to happen, and your browser could be still caching an old version of the bugged JS file.

I just tested Chrome with the Standard and WYSIWYG editor and both worked fine.

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Did you try hitting the refresh button while on the page with teh broken editor?
There was a bug, fixed last weekend, that caused this to happen, and your browser could be still caching an old version of the bugged JS file.

I just tested Chrome with the Standard and WYSIWYG editor and both worked fine.

I just opened a fresh page with the WYSIWYG editor, and had the same non-working text box. I refreshed via the browser icon, and still had no change. I hit F5, and got the same non-working result.

How up-to-date does my Javascript plugin need to be?

anon
05-18-2012, 03:08 PM
I hit F5, and got the same non-working result.

Try Ctrl+F5. That should force your browser to ignore the cache and download a new copy of everything (unless you're on Opera, which nastily refreshes all tabs instead).

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I hit F5, and got the same non-working result.

Try Ctrl+F5. That should force your browser to ignore the cache and download a new copy of everything (unless you're on Opera, which nastily refreshes all tabs instead).

Earlier, I updated Java. I checked before and after restarting, and still couldn't comment.

Also tried Ctrl+F5, on your recommendation, and still not working.

anon
05-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Earlier, I updated Java. I checked before and after restarting, and still couldn't comment.

Java and JavaScript are different things. The names are similar because when JS was created, it was meant to quickly do tasks Java would be just too cumbersome to load and execute (therefore making a bad tradeoff), but other than that they're completely different.

Since Ctrl+F5 didn't work, the only other recommendation I'd have is deleting your browser's cache.

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 09:25 PM

Java and JavaScript are different things. The names are similar because when JS was created, it was meant to quickly do tasks Java would be just too cumbersome to load and execute (therefore making a bad tradeoff), but other than that they're completely different.

Since Ctrl+F5 didn't work, the only other recommendation I'd have is deleting your browser's cache.

Just tried that. No luck.

Am I the only one still having a problem? Did Art get it sorted out?

tesco
05-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Press ctrl+shift+j, click on Console, do you see any error(s) there?

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Press ctrl+shift+j, click on Console, do you see any error(s) there?

Yes, I get:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

tesco
05-19-2012, 02:15 AM
I need the file name and line number. Look on the right.

megabyteme
05-19-2012, 04:32 AM
This, perhaps?

ckeditor.js:142

Artemis
05-19-2012, 11:24 AM

Just tried that. No luck.

Am I the only one still having a problem? Did Art get it sorted out?

I'm currently having much worse computer gremlins than a fuzzy text editor, my blog about my little yellow friends in the hardware section should be testament to that. However this poast is the first one on a brand spanking new beastie. I haven't been testing much, though, I've been building this machine and another PC for a friend and getting the O/S installed on both just to the point where they are usable, so I can't comment atm.

tesco
05-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes, I get:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null
I think I found it, can you refresh and check again?

absent_today
05-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry could not update yeah the editor was the problem , using Chrome

megabyteme
05-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Now I'm getting:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of nullckeditor.js:142 (http://filesharingtalk.com/clientscript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js?t=A7HG4HT&v=419)
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '$' of undefined vbulletin_textedit.js:11 (http://filesharingtalk.com/clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js?v=419)

Artemis
05-20-2012, 12:56 AM
So on a clean build, with virtually no software to blame we are back in the same position. With the various other failures I was having due to intermittently failing hardware, there wasn't any reliable way to say one way or another that my problems were part of a pattern. This is a fresh install of Windows X64, the hardware drivers needed and virus software and updates, plus my firefox 12.0 & addons, and we are back in the same place. At least as far as trying to leave a comment on the news items, i.e. you can't leave a comment on the news items currently. I still hate IE by the way but will try it too if you really want me to. :idunno:

megabyteme
05-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Using a bedroom PC, and still unable to comment in News section. This one is using Firefox 12.

Timestamp: 5/20/2012 11:27:44 AM
Error: q.config.vbulletin.bbcodecache is null
Source File: http://filesharingtalk.com/clientscript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js?t=A7HG4HT&v=419
Line: 142

megabyteme
05-24-2012, 06:50 PM
I can now post in the new articles. This (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1667-Pirate-Domains-Now-Available-Through-OpenNic) one still doesn't work. Odd.

Problem resolved except that one news article... :idunno:

mjmacky
05-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I can now post in the new articles. This (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1667-Pirate-Domains-Now-Available-Through-OpenNic) one still doesn't work. Odd.

Problem resolved except that one news article... :idunno:

Works from the vbcomments section though:

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/448448-Article-Pirate-Domains-Now-Available-Through-OpenNic

megabyteme
05-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks. Works now from front page. :)

mjmacky
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM

I'm guessing that since I commented, something got updated. The problem was probably due to it not having any comments.

megabyteme
05-24-2012, 11:12 PM

I'm guessing that since I commented, something got updated. The problem was probably due to it not having any comments.

Some of the site's best minds on the problem for a week, and all it took was for macky to push something through its backdoor...

mjmacky
05-24-2012, 11:21 PM

Some of the site's best minds on the problem for a week, and all it took was for macky to push something through its backdoor...

Stand back for the fallout.