PDA

View Full Version : So is using multiple astraweb servers benefital?

tmas333
05-15-2012, 05:38 AM
always wondered about this. Should I make all 50 connections for the US server. Or should I split the connections and do 25 US and 25 EU. If so what are the benefits to doing this?

mjmacky
05-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Sometimes the EU servers aren't running at full throttle, sometimes the US servers aren't. Distributing your connection through both would mitigate those factors as they're hardly ever suffering slowdowns on both clusters (as a general strategy). Also, you shouldn't need all 50 connections to saturate your bandwidth, you'd probably be fine if you went down to 8 each.

tmas333
05-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Cool, thats what I thought but wasnt completely sure. and yea Im only using 10 US and 10 EU right now so things should be running optimally.

oh yea, what about the mysterious "general server" should I add that also or is that just the US server?

mjmacky
05-15-2012, 06:18 AM
oh yea, what about the mysterious "general server" should I add that also or is that just the US server?

Not sure, there are others who have tested which servers those pull from traceroute (or whatever term's synonymous with that), but I wouldn't bother trying to include it in your connection setup. You can always set it up as an alternate connection in your client if it'll make you feel better.