PDA

View Full Version : Torrent sites with movies in .mp4 format?

soulreaper
05-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Which sites have a large collection of movies in .mp4 format?

Also, why don't the scene release movies just like they do for tv shows in .mp4 format?

Thanks.

absent_today
05-16-2012, 04:46 PM
IPT has good collection but seeders are not that great

anon
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM
I believe MP4 is a container per se, not a format.

I was going to suggest IPT as well. Do you need them for your phone/iPod? In that case, there was a tracker called VideoSeed which specialized on that sort of thing.

deadalive1
05-16-2012, 06:57 PM
VideoSeed (formerly iPodTVNova) specializes in .mp4 for iPods, iPads and other portable media players also 1280xH res for XBOX, PS3, AppleTV etc. and have been doing it for coming up on 7 years this year.

ziggyjuarez
05-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Just convert them?

soulreaper
05-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Just convert them?

I use Handbrake and it takes forever to convert them. 3-4 Hours minimum :(

I believe MP4 is a container per se, not a format.

I was going to suggest IPT as well. Do you need them for your phone/iPod? In that case, there was a tracker called VideoSeed which specialized on that sort of thing.

Don't have IPT. Yes I'd like it for my Ipad. Thanks, I'll try Videoseed, let me guess it's not open reg?

Polarbear
05-17-2012, 06:34 AM
It takes 8 minutes on my 5 year old computer to convert a 720p HD movie with subler.

http://code.google.com/p/subler/

Should be 2-3 minutes on a newer computer.

mjmacky
05-17-2012, 08:10 AM

Sounds to me like you're re-encoding the video, and there's no need to do that. Just extract the video & audio streams and mux them into an mp4 container. The only thing you might need to encode at times could be the audio, depending on the intended playback device. In most all cases, the video stream should be fine.

soulreaper
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
It takes 8 minutes on my 5 year old computer to convert a 720p HD movie with subler.

http://code.google.com/p/subler/

Should be 2-3 minutes on a newer computer.

Polarbear,thanks for the link but that program only works for MAC OS. I'm using XP SP2, just wanna change .avi to .mp4 quickly using some windows compatible software. Thanks anyway!

Sounds to me like you're re-encoding the video, and there's no need to do that. Just extract the video & audio streams and mux them into an mp4 container. The only thing you might need to encode at times could be the audio, depending on the intended playback device. In most all cases, the video stream should be fine.

Thanks mjm, is there a tutorial for this? I'll try to figure it out on my own but a tutorial would be nice. Thanks!

cinephilia
05-18-2012, 02:47 AM
what you need is avidemux :

http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

username-
05-18-2012, 03:04 AM
I use an older PC (Running Win7) to stream all my downloads from my main computer to my TV. Since it's an older PC (video card) it hates MKV and it gets pixelated/lags. Anyone have a suggestion as far as a program that'll convert to AVI with ease?

Of course, google- but I'm hoping someone here has 1st hand experience, and can suggest a specific program they like.

Thanks in advance.

cinephilia
05-18-2012, 03:07 AM
download .avi ?

darkblue
05-18-2012, 03:40 AM
I use an older PC (Running Win7) to stream all my downloads from my main computer to my TV. Since it's an older PC (video card) it hates MKV and it gets pixelated/lags. Anyone have a suggestion as far as a program that'll convert to AVI with ease?

Of course, google- but I'm hoping someone here has 1st hand experience, and can suggest a specific program they like.

Thanks in advance.

try anyvideoconverter pro
best one out there

username-
05-18-2012, 03:47 AM
download .avi ?
I should have included in my post when AVI is not an option. I assumed most would realize what I meant. I apologize if I confused you.

Thanks in advance.

try anyvideoconverter pro
best one out thereThanks. I'm not finding a pro version but will search.

EDIT: Found- Any Video Converter Ultimate 4.3.7- thanks again!

cinephilia
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I should have included in my post when AVI is not an option. I assumed most would realize what I meant. I apologize if I confused you.

i'd be curious to see some examples where AVI is not an option.

anyway, you don't need to convert anything in most cases (except audio); all you have to do is change mkv container to avi.
i tried doing it for a x264.ogg.mkv using Avidemux and it worked like a charm. i just had to convert the .ogg audio track to .mp3 (for some reason, avi container doesn't support ogg) then select AVI and save it to my hdd. it took literally 1 minute for a 300mb file.

http://i.imgur.com/MJ1CF.jpg

soulreaper
05-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Hey cine, could you post a screenshot/tutorial to convert .avi to .mp4 using avidemux?

vinhkhang01
05-18-2012, 08:10 PM
How are about the other way around MKV or MP4 to .avi format ?

username-
05-18-2012, 08:42 PM

i'd be curious to see some examples where AVI is not an option.

anyway, you don't need to convert anything in most cases (except audio); all you have to do is change mkv container to avi.
i tried doing it for a x264.ogg.mkv using Avidemux and it worked like a charm. i just had to convert the .ogg audio track to .mp3 (for some reason, avi container doesn't support ogg) then select AVI and save it to my hdd. it took literally 1 minute for a 300mb file.
Ok cool. Thanks for that.

Well if you're on BTN, Family guy S10E20 and S10E21 are only offered as MKV's. Though I was able to find AVI on IPT after searching just now.
It was also because I have heard that AVI will soon be a thing of the past. I have a computer hooked up to every TV we have and I wouldn't want to have to upgrade all of them just to stream.
Thanks again.

cinephilia
05-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Hey cine, could you post a screenshot/tutorial to convert .avi to .mp4 using avidemux?
easy as pie. lets take a random 700mb xvid release. launch avidemux and open your .avi. there are chances you get the following messages; always tick 'yes.'

then you just have to select mp4 container and save the file as .mp4 to your hardrive

you're done. took me less than 20 seconds for a 700mb release.

Thanks again.
you're welcome.

soulreaper
05-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Cine, I've been looking for an easy tool to convert to .mp4 for days on end with no luck. All I got was Handbrake/Airvideo to stream. THIS is EXACTLY what I wanted. Many thanks that was indeed easy as pie!

BTW is it possible to do batch conversion with this tool? Like converting an entire .avi TV season to .mp4 in one go?

cinephilia
05-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Cine, I've been looking for an easy tool to convert to .mp4 for days on end with no luck. All I got was Handbrake/Airvideo to stream. THIS is EXACTLY what I wanted. Many thanks that was indeed easy as pie!

BTW is it possible to do batch conversion with this tool? Like converting an entire .avi TV season to .mp4 in one go?

http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:batch_processing

soulreaper
05-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Thanks cine. The problem hasn't gone anyway for some WEIRD reason. I'm able to add .mp4 files that I downloaded(like the latest game of thrones episode) but Itunes isn't taking the files I converted to .mp4. The conversion went smoothly. What could be the problem? I'm adding them to my ipad 2 FYI.

cinephilia
05-21-2012, 03:21 PM
i don't own an ipad but it could be the resolution :

iPad Supported Video Format

H.264 video (up to 720p, 30 frames per second; main profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats)
MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.

Polarbear
05-21-2012, 04:02 PM
You have to transcode XviD to make it run natively on the iPad. What you're doing is just putting XviD in an mp4 container.
You can only remux if the video already is h.264.

There are many third party apps like AVPlayerHD that play all video formats on the iPad by the way. I'm sure there are free ones that play XviD fine. For 1080p the native player delivers the best playback quality though.

soulreaper
05-22-2012, 03:40 AM
i don't own an ipad but it could be the resolution :

iPad Supported Video Format

H.264 video (up to 720p, 30 frames per second; main profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats)
MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.

So,how do I modify AviDemux settings to achieve the desired result?

cinephilia
05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
So,how do I modify AviDemux settings to achieve the desired result?

as far as i know, you cannot do it without reencoding the video.
anyway, it appears that iPad doesn't natively support xvid codec so i guess you'll have to use an application as Polarbear said.
either that or you'll have to grab x264 releases before considering changing the container to MP4.

SAM
05-25-2012, 01:15 PM
you have pm

cinephilia
05-26-2012, 02:13 PM
you have pm

why not sharing your knowledge with everyone... ?

SAM
05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
you have pm

why not sharing your knowledge with everyone... ?
I will be more than happy to share my knowledge but actually i'm sending him a pm in a different matter.

anon
05-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I never saw the point of making "PM sent" posts. It's not like your recipient can't tell they've got a message. There's a popup that darkens the rest of the screen and all. It's enabled by default. :unsure:

SAM
05-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I never saw the point of making "PM sent" posts. It's not like your recipient can't tell they've got a message. There's a popup that darkens the rest of the screen and all. It's enabled by default. :unsure:
I'm so happy for you.

mjmacky
05-26-2012, 08:57 PM

PM not sent.

IdolEyes787
05-26-2012, 09:00 PM
I probably should post that PM not received then as well.

Thinking about PMing you.:)

anon
05-26-2012, 10:32 PM
PM not sent.

No thanks.