PDA

View Full Version : BT download "que"

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
I use uTorrent, and find myself often finding several shows I want to grab all at the same time. This is usually when time is tight, like right before we are all going to bed, and my wife is willing to stay up to watch one show.

So, I want to download that show at full speed, and have my other torrents download as soon as that one finishes. We can watch that show together, then I can watch the others that have finished while I was upstairs.

Is this possible? Is there a trick, or plug-in type thing available?

Thanks,

MBM

manker
05-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Intuitively, the answer is to set the max number of active downloads to one.

mjmacky
05-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah what manker said, and you can decide the order by right clicking and selecting "move up queue" or "move down queue" where the number in the "#" column depicts the priority.

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Intuitively, the answer is to set the max number of active downloads to one.

That makes sense!

Thank you.

---------------------

@macky: I do usually set priorities, but that shares the bandwidth between multiple files. Ultimately, there may only be a couple minutes of difference, but my wife gets pretty stressed about staying up late. Sometimes the difference between her watching a show with me, and crashing can come down to that.

mjmacky
05-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Ultimately, there may only be a couple minutes of difference, but my wife gets pretty stressed about staying up late. Sometimes the difference between her watching a show with me, and crashing can come down to that.

I see, you just need a longer belt.

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Ultimately, there may only be a couple minutes of difference, but my wife gets pretty stressed about staying up late. Sometimes the difference between her watching a show with me, and crashing can come down to that.

I see, you just need a longer belt.

My pimp hand ain't wat it used to be... :(

anon
05-18-2012, 03:10 PM
What's this "que" you speak of :unsure:

DrParker
05-18-2012, 05:32 PM

he mean "queue" of course

megabyteme
05-18-2012, 06:41 PM

he mean "queue" of course

Thank you. When I wrote the post, my head was in such a fog from a nasty head cold that I actually forgot to finalize it. I found it still sitting on the desktop when I came back downstairs. If I only blundered one word, I exceeded my own personal expectations by a long shot. Actually happy I was understood by anyone. :)