PDA

View Full Version : Grabit freezes the last 3 parts of my batch!!! = No film

johnagall
05-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm trying to get an NZB through Grabit and after 4 hours of loading i'm left with 3 of the last parts of the whole patch that are frozen and are no longer responding.

I've tried clicking retry and repair & extract to no avail.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

Can anyone help? I don't fancy waiting another 4 hours to see if it actually works if I can help it

http://s17.postimage.org/oz4deakvj/22222222222222222.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Cascadeur
05-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Grabit, really? Party like it's 1999, huh?
1) get a decent client like sabnzbd and that clears out the missing articles and repairs
2) if the data from your provider is too corrupted, maybe get a backup plan somewhere. I use Astraweb (main) + xsusenet (backup), and rarely have something corrupt beyond repair.

JustDOSE
05-19-2012, 07:09 PM
it didnt freeze nub, those files are incomplete, download quikpar and install it use it.

mjmacky
05-20-2012, 07:41 AM
It'd be a better solution for now and in the future to just set yourself up with a better client. You'll have to excuse our resident retard, JustDOSE, he has a limited ability to produce thoughts.

zot
05-25-2012, 11:20 PM
You'll have to excuse our resident retard, JustDOSE, he has a limited ability to produce thoughts.
"resident retard" or not, JustDOSE may be correct! :lol:

I had problems with Grabit's autopar/autorar function, and I'm far from the only one who complained of this feature being buggy.. It seemed that the best setup for Grabit is to disable auto-rar and auto-par and do it manually using Quickpar and Winrar.

mjmacky
05-26-2012, 02:03 AM
You'll have to excuse our resident retard, JustDOSE, he has a limited ability to produce thoughts.

I had problems with Grabit's autopar/autorar function, and I'm far from the only one who complained of this feature being buggy.. It seemed that the best setup for Grabit is to disable auto-rar and auto-par and do it manually using Quickpar and Winrar.

That's why I put that bit in there about "limited" and recommended using a different client. I'm a strategist like that. :ninja:

Though, I'm probably being overly cautious since he's the boxing equivalent of a speed bag.

zot
05-26-2012, 06:00 AM

That's why I put that bit in there about "limited" and recommended using a different client. I'm a strategist like that. :ninja:

Though, I'm probably being overly cautious since he's the boxing equivalent of a speed bag.

Grabit is really not such a bad client that I would automatically insist that people switch. Grabit is very easy to use, does the job, and gets your files. As with a lot of software, some versions have been much better than others. Shemes re-wrote the code from time to time and introduced new quirks and bugs. It seemed that the last re-write, with auto-par and auto-rar being added, was never completely debugged. I thought the ancient versions 1.47 (no NZB support) and 1.53 (no SSL) were the best, most bug-free versions. (1.6 was the worst)

And speaking of boxing, it's known to cause brain damage. But looking on the bright side - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

mjmacky
05-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Grabit is really not such a bad client that I would automatically insist that people switch. Grabit is very easy to use, does the job, and gets your files. As with a lot of software, some versions have been much better than others. Shemes re-wrote the code from time to time and introduced new quirks and bugs. It seemed that the last re-write, with auto-par and auto-rar being added, was never completely debugged. I thought the ancient versions 1.47 (no NZB support) and 1.53 (no SSL) were the best, most bug-free versions. (1.6 was the worst)

You know me though, overly satisfied with Alt.binz. I did switch to the newer free version eventually. Works just as great and much cleaner looking than the old 2 5.

And speaking of boxing, it's known to cause brain damage. But looking on the bright side - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Interesting, how do you keep your leds lit with no power?

Stabber
05-26-2012, 10:27 AM
There are so many usenet clients that are better than grabbit . Just use altbinz , or sabnzbd

johnagall
06-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Well thanks a lot for the responses to a newbies silly question everyone. Even the facetious first reply one was helpful as I went ahead and started using Sabnzbd.

The main problem has been resolved, although I still have a similar issue sometimes when downloading. Apparently on some items there are not enough repair blocks. (see picture below)

[img=http://s18.postimage.org/xnzqmxkd1/2012_06_03_162959.jpg] (http://postimage.org/image/xnzqmxkd1/)

Unfortunately NZBMatrix only has these files (of this particular TV series) listed once so there is no other NZB to try aside from these ones. Is there anything I can do to get these files up and running?

Maybe I should say that I am using Astraweb on the 180gb Pay By Download Plan

Cascadeur
06-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Ahaha, sorry about my facetiousness! :whistling

1) One great feature of Sabnzbd is that you can feed it an alternative nzb, and it'll try to grab the missing articles from the other nzb. Sometimes, nzbmatrix will give you a corrupted nzb. Just click repair and choose an nzb. You can download the nzbs from binsearch for example: http://binsearch.info/?q=League.of.Gentlemen.S01E05.dvd.x264.mkv&max=100&adv_age=1100&server=&server=2
2) You can add as many backup servers as you want in sabnzbd. For example, if you're on astraweb, use whichever server you want as main server, then add the others as backup servers WITH DIFFERENT PORTS. You can also buy a block account from another provider, and there are some free accounts like XSusenet which prove really great against data corruption. If the main server fails to provide you with a specific article, sabnzbd will attempt to get it from the backup servers.

Let us know how that works for you !