PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody talk me down from buying a bicycle?

Pages : 1 [2]

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Also, I'm liking the Dimension raiser better as well. Two smaller bolts compared to one big one and it's black, and idk about Zoom as a brand. I've seen Zoom bars, seatposts and really shitty suspension forks fitted to very low end department store bikes, and was not impressed. But then again, the same bikes had shimano gearing, so. Dimension makes forks I've seen get good reviews, at least.

edit: Oh, andin that pic it does look a bit as if you could turn the stem upside down. But maybe it's just the angle in which it was taken.

I did order from that site. I didn't even know if it was good, but they allowed PayPal and it wasn't too steep a price to experiment.

About the Shimano components, that's the thing with brands, Intel brought to the public both the i7 and the celeron. Essentially it all tends to come down to model since fewer companies stick to a narrow spectrum.

I've taken it apart and there's nothing to turn upside down as far as the stem goes. Maybe I'm just confused about what you mean by that.

P.S. I wish I knew they were marked with the torque specifications, I haven't even bothered to instrumentally match the torque (I've just been using my allen wrenches and I'm usually pretty close to intuiting the force necessary without over-tightening and stretching the bolt).

ckrit
06-12-2012, 08:53 AM
I meant the whole thing.

Basically, if the stem has an angle, like this:

...and it's now angled downwards, you can take the whole thing off, turn it upside down, and get it angling upwards. I'm gonna assume there isn't an angle to it, though, else you'd seen it.

Oh, and speaking of stems, if you really want to tweak stuff around until you know what's right, there are adjustable stems out there as well. They usually look something like this:

115578 but the first one is adjustable too.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Oh yeah, no, it's a solid piece protruding in perpendicular fashion. I think my confusion was that I'm only considering the part that comes up from the fork as a stem.

ckrit
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh. Yeah. Unless you've got a quill stem or something, that's all the stem there is. It clamps to the steerer tube. Or the stem raiser, when that arrives, which in turn then clamps to the steerer tube, which is part of the fork.

Quill stems, in contrast, go into the head tube (the part of the frame the fork is attached to).

Other parts of the frame are the top tube or tt (the upper tube behind the head tube), the down tube (below the tt), the seat tube (where the seatpost is attached, using the seat clamp), the bottom bracket shell (bb shell) where your cranks (also called crankset or chainset) are attached, often via a separate bb, and the stays, behind the seat tube. You probably know what's what, but just in case.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:44 AM
I understood only enough of that to know why they call it a stem raiser and not a stem extender. Actually, much better in song.

The fork connects to the, steerer tube
The steerer tube connects to the, stem thing
The stem thing connects to the, handle bars
The handle bars connect to the, people hands
The people hands connect to the...

ckrit
06-12-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJaBJNeKAQ

Barbarossa
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Wow. If I ever suffer from insomnia I'm gonna try and remember this thread...

ckrit
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm gonna remember you said that, when next you post stuff about things.

Barbarossa
06-12-2012, 10:51 AM
hahahaha :D

Thankfully that hardly ever happens anymore...

manker
06-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Wow. If I ever suffer from insomnia I'm gonna try and remember this thread...
I clicked on the new posts thing, saw mary fell off her bike and had tiny ankles but was fat.
That was entertaining.

Then Snee started posting. Snee. He usually makes threads good. Especially when they're already good to begin with (not that this one was, but idr, so.)
But he completely Artified this one.

Yet people posted in it more.
Why :eyebrows:

ckrit
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Whatever, racists.

I'm totally just trying to get Mary up and running on the road so she can get into more accidents ride her new bike.

manker
06-12-2012, 11:42 AM
In retrospect, I apologise. I'm clearly being overly h4r5h.
Mary needs a bike because her tiny ankles can't support her massive bulk and what good is a housebound mature student.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Oh. Yeah. Unless you've got a quill stem or something, that's all the stem there is. It clamps to the steerer tube. Or the stem raiser, when that arrives, which in turn then clamps to the steerer tube, which is part of the fork.

Quill stems, in contrast, go into the head tube (the part of the frame the fork is attached to).

Other parts of the frame are the top tube or tt (the upper tube behind the head tube), the down tube (below the tt), the seat tube (where the seatpost is attached, using the seat clamp), the bottom bracket shell (bb shell) where your cranks (also called crankset or chainset) are attached, often via a separate bb, and the stays, behind the seat tube. You probably know what's what, but just in case.

He said head. giggles like school girl

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Btw: If you think you'll end up doing a lot of adjustments to your bike, a torque wrench which comes with allen key sockets (and others, ofc) might be worth it. I generally wing it, but if you're gonna do it absolutely properly, different parts often have different tolerances stamped on them, in nm, which you can follow when tightening them.

Other useful things would be a set of allen keys, or maybe two - one with mm measurements, one with inches, and then wire cutters (for gear- and brake cabling), a tube of grease (when joining metal parts together, say pedals to cranks, you put some in between to avoid creaking) and cables ties (useful for all sorts of things). That generally does it for most things bike related. You want tyre tools and a spare tube too, ofc. It's annoying as hell getting home with a puncture and having to walk back and buy new tubes. Also, new tubes aren't expensive, so don't bother with puncture repair kits, imo. And get a pump that works with presta valves.

Another tip is to switch out quick releases for allen key, or similar, ones on the seat clamp and wheels, if you leave the bike locked outside in the city a lot. You shouldn't do that, but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUD81N_TlS8

ckrit
06-12-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGhKhFoOhs

ckrit
06-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks to the inclusion of a jetpack, this thread is now approximately 125% more awesome.

We probably should make a srs bike thread in sportsworld at some point, though.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Now with added violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5PZfEDnvzM

Barbarossa
06-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Didn't they see the no parking sign?

ckrit
06-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Anyways, now that you racists have driven mary off, I'm going to have to start grooming some other girl.

All that effort, wasted.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:14 PM
This is a serious sports thread. It can be duplicated in the sportsworld, just remove all of the posts that are mildly entertaining.

megabyteme
06-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Now with added violence.

[video]

Oh, I see now, cycling is a sport for lemmings.

IdolEyes787
06-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Now with added violence.

[video]

Oh, I see now, cycling is a sport for lemmings.

Serious answer that you weren't looking for.
Riding in a pack gives following riders very limited forward vision and so they are dependent upon the people in front not doing something very stupid.
So basically lemming,yes.

Doesn't usually happen on cliffs though as on downhills the tendency is spread out more to avoid that sort of thing.

mjmacky
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM
What I thought was funny is that there was a guy lying on the ground apparently injured and everyone else was checking their bikes.

manker
06-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Japanese bottle rocket man > aluminium aficionados falling off bikes.
That is all.

IdolEyes787
06-13-2012, 04:31 PM
What I thought was funny is that there was a guy lying on the ground apparently injured and everyone else was checking their bikes.

You have no idea but a lot of that can be forgiven because of oxygen debt and adrenaline.

Not so forgivable I've seen a Mom tell her son to stop being such a pussy and get back on his bike and finish the race after the kid fell and broke his collar bone badly enough that you could see the bone displacement through his jersey.

Anyway injuries heal but bikes are expensive.

manker
06-13-2012, 04:40 PM

You have no idea but a lot of that can be forgiven because of oxygen debt and adrenaline.If you knew how much Mary struggles to get her ass up the stairs each day, I'm sure you wouldn't be quite so cruel.

Snee
06-13-2012, 06:23 PM

You have no idea but a lot of that can be forgiven because of oxygen debt and adrenaline.

Not so forgivable I've seen a Mom tell her son to stop being such a pussy and get back on his bike and finish the race after the kid fell and broke his collar bone badly enough that you could see the bone displacement through his jersey.

Anyway injuries heal but bikes are expensive.

I bet you beat him to the finish line, though :smilie4:

IdolEyes787
06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Note to Mary :Apparently it's not the size of your ankles it's the size of your wallet that matters.:mellow:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2158694/Katie-Prices-protege-Amy-Willerton-perfects-beach-posing-string-bikini.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

mjmacky
06-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Note to Mary :Apparently it's not the size of your ankles it's the size of your wallet that matters.:mellow:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2158694/Katie-Prices-protege-Amy-Willerton-perfects-beach-posing-string-bikini.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I tried to grasp the context, but that whole page was full of gibberish.

mjmacky
06-13-2012, 11:14 PM
If you knew how much Mary struggles to get her ass up the stairs each day, I'm sure you wouldn't be quite so cruel.

Do YOU have to walk a flight of stairs every day?

manker
06-13-2012, 11:49 PM
If you knew how much Mary struggles to get her ass up the stairs each day, I'm sure you wouldn't be quite so cruel.

Do YOU have to walk a flight of stairs every day?Mais oui.

My office is upstairs and so is my bedroom. I use both at least once each day.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 12:09 AM
If I think you could commit, I'd say we each keep track of how many steps we climb a week. I'd only do that if there was an app for it of course.

manker
06-14-2012, 12:19 AM
If I think you could commit, I'd say we each keep track of how many steps we climb a week. I'd only do that if there was an app for it of course.A kind of alto-pedometer app, you think. I'm sure there must be.

You'd lose, though. I'm the fucking stair-master.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm the fucking stair-master.

What did squeams do to you? :console:

manker
06-14-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm the fucking stair-master.

What did squeams do to you? :console:It's from Shrek.
I didn't realise it was, though, until you made me think about it. Prior to thought crystallisation, I just had an angry black man's face saying it to me in my mind's eye.

Think probably the expletive wasn't there in Shrek. But it's definitely from Shrek.
I have this mad idea Idol will look at this post and feel a modicum of pride that I've thrown someone (even if it is only you) for the very first time with a (not very) obscure movie reference.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Just as long as we're clear about what a stairmaster is, and what being one implies.

megabyteme
06-14-2012, 03:09 AM
Stair-Masters get walked all over, every day. Fact.

manker
06-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Just as long as we're clear about what a stairmaster is, and what being one implies.

My hyphen penchant wins out again :happy:

IdolEyes787
06-14-2012, 11:31 AM
I have this mad idea Idol will look at this post and feel a modicum of pride that I've thrown someone (even if it is only you) for the very first time with a (not very) obscure movie reference.

To be fair referencing anything with Mike Myers in it is seen as a negative.
Oh yeah baby,yeah.

manker
06-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Shrek is different. In all his other films, he basically plays himself - an unfunny cock.
In Shrek you can't see his obsequious grin and his Scotch accent is decent so you can forget it's him.

Shrek > almost all other cartoons > all other Mike Myers films > Mike Myers

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Shrek is different. In all his other films, he basically plays himself - an unfunny cock.
In Shrek you can't see his obsequious grin and his Scotch accent is decent so you can forget it's him.

Shrek > almost all other cartoons > all other Mike Myers films > Mike Myers

Some of the Halloween movies were more entertaining than cartoons.

IdolEyes787
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Some of the Halloween movies were cartoons.

Btw how does anyone actually manage to ride a bicycle in Florida in the summer ,what with the heat and humidityty?

To nip your response in the bud ,freezing to death is suppose to be all warm and peaceful almost like going to sleep while I have actually suffered heat stroke and your tongue swells up and you get delirious and vomit and stuff.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Some of the Halloween movies were cartoons.

Btw how does anyone actually manage to ride a bicycle in Florida in the summer ,what with the heat and humidityty?

To nip your response in the bud ,freezing to death is suppose to be all warm and peaceful almost like going to sleep while I have actually suffered heat stroke and your tongue swells up and you get delirious and vomit and stuff.

In all serious, you just deal with it and post angry stuff at people on the internet. Have you noticed my changes in mood lately?

IdolEyes787
06-14-2012, 04:29 PM
It's hard to differentiate between levels of bile spewing.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 04:44 PM
It's hard to differentiate between levels of bile spewing.

I don't blame you, it's all venomous rancor.

manker
06-14-2012, 09:18 PM
I've noticed the opposite.
How did you not get annoyed during the recent splurge of activity in the drawing room.

I have to be honest, I didn't read the threads in their entirety, as I like to internet while concious, but from what I could see you basically had two people who didn't have an earthly fuck of what they were talking about being condescending toward you about a subject you're practically living and breathing.

I would have commented but I don't have an earthly fuck about the subject matter.

IdolEyes787
06-14-2012, 09:47 PM
How did you not get annoyed during the recent splurge of activity in the drawing room.

I have to be honest, I didn't read the threads in their entirety, as I like to internet while concious, but from what I could see you basically had two people who didn't have an earthly fuck of what they were talking about being condescending toward you about a subject you're practically living and breathing.

I would have commented but I don't have an earthly fuck about the subject matter.

Since there appears no way to fire bomb the conservatives in the Yawning Room I don't see the point of interacting with them.

Snee
06-14-2012, 09:54 PM
clocker generally pwns them with logic anyways. I like to watch.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 11:16 PM

Because it's the same as it was about a year ago. Besides it not being new, I genuinely enjoy disseminating personally-oriented political opinions.

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 12:16 AM
I kind of wish now that you guys talked to me on a much lower level about these things (on account of my autism). For instance, that just because the bike pump was reading 120 psi, the tires were most certainly not at 120 psi; try somewhere between 40-60 psi based on touch. There are these little screw things on the stem that I was sure were just for decoration or left by accident by the manufacturer, turns out you need to do things with them. I feel like it's easier to speed now.

IdolEyes787
06-15-2012, 12:30 AM
I kind of wish now that you guys talked to me on a much lower level about these things (on account of my autism). For instance, that just because the bike pump was reading 120 psi, the tires were most certainly not at 120 psi; try somewhere between 40-60 psi based on touch. There are these little screw things on the stem that I was sure were just for decoration or left by accident by the manufacturer, turns out you need to do things with them. I feel like it's easier to speed now.

The rubber side goes down.

IdolEyes787
06-15-2012, 12:35 AM
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/presta-schrader.html

Under normal circumstances you should run your tires(like your car tires) at the suggested pressure in this case to prevent "pinch flats". In wet conditions though you may want to run them at around 100 psi for a little better traction( surface area etc).
If it's very hot, let out a little air so they don't go boom.

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 12:46 AM
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/presta-schrader.html

Under normal circumstances you should run your tires(like your car tires) at the suggested pressure in this case to prevent "pinch flats". In wet conditions though you may want to run them at around 100 psi for a little better traction( surface area etc).
If it's very hot, let out a little air so they don't go boom.

I learnt it all by myself, but now I know it's called a presta valve. Recommendations were 100-145 psi, I thought 120 psi to be a nice compromise.

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I also learned it was the bike pumping hissing at me and not my valve. I really should have been tipped off by the pure volume of air, but I guess that would have required an understanding of how a presta valve works.

Snee
06-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Been there. Done that. Did not want to spoil the surprise.

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Been there. Done that. Did not want to spoil the surprise.

How reassuring, at least I'm able to be since I didn't blow out a tire.

Snee
06-15-2012, 09:08 PM
On a slightly more serious note, it probably happens to most people. Assuming they don't get told. Had forgotten all about it, tbh.

Not very intuitive. Best valves around for toobz, though, imo.

Snee
06-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Oh, and speaking of bikes, I just rode my single speed 20" tyre folding bike ~20 miles out into the countryside. Pretty neat, in a way. No bike computer or shifters, much less distracting, somehow. Might do this again, every now and then.

mjmacky
06-16-2012, 05:14 AM
On a slightly more serious note, it probably happens to most people. Assuming they don't get told. Had forgotten all about it, tbh.

To be honest, I had to deflate my tire completely before I figured it all out.

IdolEyes787
06-16-2012, 01:36 PM

At least you stopped short of hitting stuff with a hammer.

mjmacky
06-16-2012, 09:24 PM

At least you stopped short of hitting stuff with a hammer.

The last time I hit something, it was with a monkey wrench.

manker
06-16-2012, 09:27 PM
And yet you're still married.

mjmacky
06-16-2012, 09:42 PM

Well, against flesh, is there no better weapon than flesh?

manker
06-16-2012, 09:46 PM
A monkey wrench, for one :blink:

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Well, against flesh, is there no better weapon than flesh?

Protip: soap in a towel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8

IdolEyes787
06-16-2012, 11:20 PM

An Ebola virus infected monkey with a wrench.

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 11:37 PM

An Ebola virus infected monkey with a wrench.

...in the Library.

IdolEyes787
06-16-2012, 11:39 PM
There's a no pets allowed sign.

mjmacky
06-17-2012, 06:01 PM
By better, I'm sure I meant satisfying. You people are just too cold and impersonal.

IdolEyes787
06-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Mary I think I'm done with the bt section so I leave it in your capable hands , oddly over developed wrists and tiny ankles to battle on alone.

manker
06-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Idol's surrendered?
Way to out yourself as being secretly from Quebec and not Toronto at all.

Want some cheese?

IdolEyes787
06-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Don't you mean fromage?

manker
06-19-2012, 12:47 AM
I wanted the non-french speaking (not like you, frenchy mcfrenchpants) contingent to get the movie reference also

megabyteme
06-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Mary I think I'm done with the bt section so I leave it in your capable hands , oddly over developed wrists and tiny ankles to battle on alone.

Say it isn't so...soon Mary will be exclusively 18+, Oleg and Dave will take their meds daily, Snee will take me off ignore, Squeams will quit torturing mice, Darthy will say something interesting, Chalice will embrace England, and manker will tolerate grammatical faux pas. :fear:

Quarterquack
06-19-2012, 01:45 AM
On the next episode: England will be exclusively 18+, Oleg and Squeams will embrace, Snee will quit daily meds, Chavis will take Dave by faux, mice will pas over mbm, Darthy will ignore Mary's interesting will, and manker will tolerate Something. :fear:

Fix'd.

Never script a soap opera by the way. You'll just setup a prequel for field of dreams.

megabyteme
06-19-2012, 01:50 AM
On the next episode: England will be exclusively 18+, Oleg and Squeams will embrace, Snee will quit daily meds, Chavis will take Dave by faux, mice will pas over mbm, Darthy will ignore Mary's interesting will, and manker will tolerate Something. :fear:

Fix'd.

Never script a soap opera by the way. You'll just setup a prequel for field of dreams.

Dyslexia has never been explained so well. :D

mjmacky
06-19-2012, 11:58 AM

This feels like a trap, you're setting me up for something, aren't you?

mjmacky
06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
As an addendum to the above post, I don't really like how it leads to me getting PMs from other single-focus members here.

Example:

hi mate
Is this person's confidence
http://filesharingtalk.com/members/282967-torrenting

Has db9 invite
have FTN invite

I'm not even sure what you're asking me, but he's been accused of foul play before. Up to you, really, I don't associate with any of them.
ok Thanks

IdolEyes787
06-19-2012, 09:58 PM

This feels like a trap, you're setting me up for something, aren't you?

Great he would be a genius mouse.

As an addendum to the above post, I don't really like how it leads to me getting PMs from other single-focus members here.

Example:

I'm not even sure what you're asking me, but he's been accused of foul play before. Up to you, really, I don't associate with any of them.
ok Thanks

Tell them the truth,that you wish you lived in a world where they didn't exist.I'm sure none will take offense as they won't understand you anyway.

IdolEyes787
06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Idol's surrendered?

Want some cheese?

I'd like to update this to I won't be posting in the Report or movie/TV sections anymore either so that leaves either becoming a fan of foosball or converting to trading.

Cunts.

Also Quebec for some crazy reason has all of their traffic lights sideways for as far as I'm concerned they can all go to Hell.

manker
06-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Idol's surrendered?

Want some cheese?

I'd like to update this to I won't be posting in the Report or movie/TV sections anymore either so that leaves either becoming a fan of foosball or converting to trading.

Cunts.

Also Quebec for some crazy reason has all of their traffic lights sideways for as far as I'm concerned they can all go to Hell.
You'd know, Cedric McBaguette.

Is this like the forumular equivalent of a hunger strike, btw. If so, I'm giving up posting in the anime section for solidarity porpoises.

megabyteme
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Is this like the forumular equivalent of a hunger strike, btw. If so, I'm giving up posting in the anime section for solidarity porpoises.

I hereby boycott mammograms. :skinnyhungryindianguy:

IdolEyes787
06-19-2012, 11:53 PM

You mean to tell me that there actually is an anime section? I've seen the name but I always just assumed that a joke played by whoever created this site.

manker
06-19-2012, 11:54 PM

I hereby boycott mammograms. :skinnyhungryindianguy:I'd join you but I'm not sure if that would preclude me from downloading mammogram pr0nz

Hypothetically :eyebrows:

manker
06-19-2012, 11:54 PM

You mean to tell me that there actually is an anime section? I've seen the name but I always just assumed that a joke played by whoever created this site.No idea. I just assumed that Snee and Mary would have a section where they could wank in private.

IdolEyes787
06-20-2012, 12:13 AM
How about that Euro Foosball thing that's all in the news?
I hope it doesn't conflict with any of my trading.

manker
06-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm not boycotting that, ffs.
It's one thing giving up something which I'm not sure exists but there's no way your personal crusade, which I try to ignore, is going to interrupt my voyeuristic love affair with muscular men in shorts.

manker
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Ronaldo was like a god last night, btw.

I'm talking about the puntsphere and not about some handsome young man who shared my bunk.
Not that there was a handsome young man in my bunk last night. Or any night. Or a man of any other description.

Except me. I'm a man, like.

mjmacky
06-20-2012, 04:22 AM

I'm talking about the puntsphere and not about some handsome young man who shared my bunk.
Not that there was a handsome young man in my bunk last night. Or any night. Or a man of any other description.

You even send the men home? Why so distant?

IdolEyes787
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM

You have to love team sports.It's the only place where someone can be part of a multi-hour event but only actively involved in the play for 10 seconds and still be considered a god.

manker
06-20-2012, 12:33 PM

You have to love team sports.It's the only place where someone can be part of a multi-hour event but only actively involved in the play for 10 seconds and still be considered a god.Weird thing:
I hadn't really considered what you said right there until this tournament.
We're not really that big on stats but they're using this new one to tell you how long a player spends on the ball. Ronaldo's was something like 45 seconds in the first game, 1:02 mins in the second game and 1:43 in the game in which I described him as a god.

I then thought about the recent Reuters list in which it's reported that he has the highest salary of any athlete in any team in the world. £25million per year.
If he plays 60 games in a year and spends an average of one minute on the ball in each game. His hourly rate is £25million.

I then decided I hated sport related stats and continued wanking.

manker
06-20-2012, 12:35 PM

You even send the men home? Why so distant?
:mellow:
I just watch and injaculate when a goal is scored by one of my favourites.

IdolEyes787
06-20-2012, 04:46 PM
You have to love team sports.It's the only place where someone can be part of a multi-hour event but only actively involved in the play for 10 seconds and still be considered a god.Weird thing:
We're not really that big on stats but they're using this new one to tell you how long a player spends on the ball. Ronaldo's was something like 45 seconds in the first game, 1:02 mins in the second game and 1:43 in the game in which I described him as a god.

I then thought about the recent Reuters list in which it's reported that he has the highest salary of any athlete in any team in the world. £25million per year.
If he plays 60 games in a year and spends an average of one minute on the ball in each game. His hourly rate is £25million.

I commend you on your good judgment.

Actually those sort stats also translate to baseball(baseball in case you are so English as to not know what that is ,is sort of like cricket except it possibly makes sense to someone ,somewhere) where it is technically possible to play the entire game without making contact with the ball and Amercian foosball where long periods of standing around doing nothing is broken up by 3 seconds of extreme violence at the end of which everyone for reasons unknown falls down.

I can't comment on basketball as it is a Black only thing and I prefer to show "them" proper non-racist respect and not give my views on something I have no business ,like rap and jheri curls, talking about.

mjmacky
06-20-2012, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdzj8tQ8HM

manker
06-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Weird thing:

I commend you on your good judgment.

Actually those sort stats also translate to baseball(baseball in case you are so English as to not know what that is ,is sort of like cricket except it possibly makes sense to someone ,somewhere) where it is technically possible to play the entire game without making contact with the ball and Amercian foosball where long periods of standing around doing nothing is broken up by 3 seconds of extreme violence at the end of which everyone for reasons unknown falls down.

I can't comment on basketball as it is a Black only thing and I prefer to show "them" proper non-racist respect and not give my views on something I have no business ,like rap and jheri curls, talking about.funneh :schanuz:

What's a hjeri curl?

IdolEyes787
06-20-2012, 08:28 PM
funneh :schanuz:

What's a hjeri curl?

(Surprisingly) I didn't understand the first bit so I googled it.

I still don't understand but at least now I'm amused while confused.

Oh and a hjeri curl is what Hasidic Jews do to grow their biceps.

manker
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
:eyebrows:
I meant to do this smilie :schnauz:

And also now you can google pink sock

IdolEyes787
06-20-2012, 08:37 PM
I could but I won't.
I have this feeling that some things are better left alone.

manker
06-20-2012, 08:50 PM
But now you'll never get the joke :(

mjmacky
06-20-2012, 10:35 PM
But now you'll never get the joke :(

I was never meant to.

manker
06-20-2012, 11:15 PM
:blink:

IdolEyes787
06-20-2012, 11:52 PM

You forget,Mary assumes that everything is about her.

megabyteme
06-21-2012, 01:30 AM

I thought everything was about Mary... :unsure:

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 05:50 AM

Sorry, posted from the wrong account.

Barbarossa
06-21-2012, 09:22 AM

I thought everything was about Mary... :unsure:

There's definitely something about mary....

IdolEyes787
06-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Same hair gel for one thing.

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Same hair gel for one thing.

I use a green wax, so that's pretty disgusting.

mjmacky
07-23-2012, 12:55 AM
I recently rode in some kind of thunderstorm and I'm not sure if that ends up leading to any damaged parts.

P.S. What's the cyclist policy of riding away from tornadoes?

clocker
07-23-2012, 03:42 AM
In general, we discourage behaviour of that sort.
How will we ever earn the respect of motorists if we flee weather events, screaming like little girls?
They already hate us because of our colorful spandex, we need a real image overhaul.

That is why the new official policy of the cyclist will be to face the wind, stiffen the lip and pedal resolutely directly into the vortex.
Remember that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
And crippled, usually.

mjmacky
07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
That's all find and me being dandy, it was a waterspout heading ashore. I'm more worried if I should be conditioning my chain and gears with some kind of lubricant.

mjmacky
07-24-2012, 04:34 AM
I should clarify that I didn't have a group of companion cyclists to form an echelon.

megabyteme
07-24-2012, 06:12 AM

Avoid flying houses, and girls with ruby shoes.

mjmacky
07-24-2012, 06:24 PM

What about rapey uncles?

IdolEyes787
07-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I should clarify that I didn't have a group of companion cyclists to form an echelon.I guess a double echelon would be out of the question then.

IdolEyes787
07-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm more worried if I should be conditioning my chain and gears with some kind of lubricant.

Get whatever is the most expensive as I'm sure you won't regret it.

mjmacky
07-24-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm more worried if I should be conditioning my chain and gears with some kind of lubricant.

I rode down to the bike shop an hour after they closed but I have a feeling they would have given a similar answer. I think I've put on 250 miles or so on it and am completely unaware of anything maintenance related

megabyteme
07-25-2012, 01:01 AM

What about rapey uncles?

Pedo faster!

IdolEyes787
07-25-2012, 11:59 AM

I rode down to the bike shop an hour after they closed but I have a feeling they would have given a similar answer. I think I've put on 250 miles or so on it and am completely unaware of anything maintenance related

If you do nothing else ,lube and clean your chain regularly.
Not only with it make your bike more mechanically efficient but it will cut down on wear to the parts.

Also practice track stands ,not because you need to ever do one but in in practicing you will probably comically fall over several times to the delight of anyone in the vicinity.
Please try to post the falls on youtube if possible.

mjmacky
07-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Also practice track stands

What are those, like training wheels that are adjusted comically high?

Snee
07-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Balancing whilst standing still without putting your feet down. Kind of a bitch to do unless you're riding fixed gear. If you master it, you could become really popular in the hipster community, which, I'm sure, is something you've always wanted.

mjmacky
07-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Balancing whilst standing still without putting your feet down. Kind of a bitch to do unless you're riding fixed gear. If you master it, you could become really popular in the hipster community, which, I'm sure, is something you've always wanted.

I heard hipsters time travel so yeah I'm interested in that.