PDA

View Full Version : New Window Problem

krome
02-10-2003, 05:30 PM
OK, This just started happening now when i click a link to open a New Window or Popup what you might call it,, It freezes the Window and doesn't finish loaded the page,, This started happening when i went to a website that had thousands of popups so i exit it all and restarted my computer

Anybody know how to fix this? I cant view the other pages i open up when i click link :angry:

Benno
02-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Run adaware and an antivirus programm.

krome
02-10-2003, 06:46 PM
I ran all of that, found nothing, plus a defrag my harddrive and reinstalled IE..

The main problem is when you hold the shift key download and click on the link it popups a new window, But when i do that it doesn't finish loaded the page.....

imported_computerfreak76
02-10-2003, 08:25 PM
ok what type of pop-up stopping or ad-blocking program are you using?

elteeb
02-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Man... I had the same problem.... and it really pi**ed me off! I installed Mozilla as a temporary fix! :-)
I unistalled IE... reinstalled, ran virus checker. Made sure I had all the windows updates... ran XP file checker.... nothing worked! I couldn't remember what I had installed recently that coincided with the problem... do you? If so uninstall it and see if that fixes it!

Eventually (my OS was pretty screwed up anyway with a few other problems) I just went for the full reinstall!

I know... I'm not very helpful! :-)
I would be interested to see what fixes it.... for next time!!!!

IE is pretty integral in XP so even when you uninstall it I dont think all files are removed... which is probably the problem/ why it isn't fixed on an uninstall/reinstall.

Good luck!

brotherdoobie
02-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Kromeign it sounds like you have the Js/NoClose trojan also known as VBS/NoClose. You get infected when you visit a website infected by this trojans Java script.

What Virus scanner do you use? If its Norton Anti-virus that you use,that could be the problem.

Since the trojan dosent have a destructive payload they dont classify it as malicious and they dont list it in there updates(so there virus scanner dosent pick it up)

Did you run Ad-Aware?
If you did and that didn't pick it up go to Trend-Micros website and use there online virus scanner,it will dectect it and delete it.

Its nothing to worry about since it's not malicious but it sure is annoying!

P.S. Hope I have helped.
This Trojan is common
on P2P networks also.
Peace brotherdoobie :ph34r:

elteeb
02-10-2003, 09:26 PM
...brotherdoobie's comments might help... but I run Trend PC Cillin and it didn't find any virus on mine when I had this problem.

krome
02-10-2003, 11:45 PM
brotherdoobie, yeah i did run into a JS/Something file it went in to My Norton
Quarantine items list, But then it asked me to delete the file cause it might be dangerous so i did that..???? Could that really be the problem if so what should i do

And yeah i ran ad-aware6 and spybot , norton

nothing found.....

imported_QuietSilence!
02-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie@10 February 2003 - 22:12
Kromeign it sounds like you have the Js/NoClose trojan also known as VBS/NoClose. You get infected when you visit a website infected by this trojans Java script.

What Virus scanner do you use? If its Norton Anti-virus that you use,that could be the problem.

Since the trojan dosent have a destructive payload they dont classify it as malicious and they dont list it in there updates(so there virus scanner dosent pick it up)

Did you run Ad-Aware?
If you did and that didn't pick it up go to Trend-Micros website and use there online virus scanner,it will dectect it and delete it.

Its nothing to worry about since it's not malicious but it sure is annoying!

P.S. Hope I have helped.
This Trojan is common
on P2P networks also.
Peace brotherdoobie :ph34r:
this is not true norton dose find this file and it fixes it

imported_QuietSilence!
02-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Kromeign the only fix for this virus is to remove it as it destroys the fill that it infects now that uv got rid of it do a full scan of ur comp to make shure its gone from everthing and then re install iexplorer to replace the file .....
u could go to the symatic sight and check to see if it only attacks 1 file and what that files name is and just replace that file if they have the info on it it will tell u how to fix it

krome
02-11-2003, 12:38 AM
C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DS0TGZMV\js[1].js
Click for more information about this virus : Trojan Horse

That wuz the badboy that got me imma reinstall IE6 now.

krome
02-11-2003, 04:11 AM
well i gots good news, I fixed may problem i had opening the new IE window,, I read alot of threds from microsoft and sarc.com

What happen was i got infected while surfing the web.. Norton warned me about is JS/expliot virus i try to clean it and try to remove it but no success it said.. So i read what it does and such... I look around google for lil help on this to get IE backup.... So I Found this tool

mcrepair.exe <~ this repairs that problem i had tryin open IE window... :D

if anybody gets this problem get that file search "mcrepair.exe"

I also found that virus hidden in my comp.. and finally got that removed...

thnx for ya help :D