PDA

View Full Version : Wow, "Lost" is one weird show

OlegL
06-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I watched the first two seasons of "Lost" and now I finished watching the first episode of season 3. It's the most bizarre show I've ever seen. Its weirdness hypnotizes me. It's like being in some dream, and it's impossible to wake up from that dream.
Now it's 4 am and I will start watching the second episode of season 3. I just hope that by the time the show ends, I will get all the answers to the mystery surrounding the show's events.

fromscratch
06-08-2012, 08:46 AM
i know what this is .. i know whats lost is ....

IdolEyes787
06-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I watched the first two seasons of "Lost" and now I finished watching the first episode of season 3. It's the most bizarre show I've ever seen. Its weirdness hypnotizes me. It's like being in some dream, and it's impossible to wake up from that dream.
Now it's 4 am and I will start watching the second episode of season 3. I just hope that by the time the show ends, I will get all the answers to the mystery surrounding the show's events.

Spoilers

In the final episode Jack awakes from bed and walks into the bathroom to find Sawyer in the shower. At this point Vincent realizes that it was all a dream.Cut to end credits played over the song Who Let the Dogs Out by the Baha Men.

megabyteme
06-08-2012, 07:15 PM

Spoilers

In the final episode Jack awakes from bed and walks into the bathroom to find Sawyer in the shower. At this point Vincent realizes that it was all a dream.Cut to end credits played over the song Who Let the Dogs Out by the Baha Men.

Noice. That ended making more sense than I gave the writers credit for.

ziggyjuarez
06-09-2012, 03:23 AM
I was hooked for the first two seasons but somehow LOST intrest.Maybe someday I'll look back on a show that most likely ends with jack dreaming.

stplayahtn
06-09-2012, 04:26 AM
I watched lost from episode 1 to the final episode in like 2 weeks. I loved every second until the final season. It all went down hill in the final season into the most unsatisfying ending I could have imagined.

ziggyjuarez
06-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Please tell me Hurley stays in the entire series.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Please tell me Hurley stays in the entire series.

Spoilers

Hurley turns out to be another supernatural creation of the Island.A fact obvious to keen observers of the show as on a starvation diet he still appeared to continually gained weight.

Then in the penultimate episode Hurley ,assuming the role of "good" faces down John Locke ( by then revealed as a undercover al qaeda operative) in mortal combat and though suffering grievous wounds manages to defeat and subsequently eat him.
He then uses the feces from this to bring Charlie back to life.
Charlie then weds Shannon as it is revealed that she wasn't actually dead but only so utterly devoid of emotion to appear that way and takes his rightful place as Lord of the Shire.

vipan123
06-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I like to watch drama show its better then other. I've seen Lost but i had to miss the fist 3 season of this show. But i liked when i saw season 4. In this show i like the character of Jack Shephard, Kate Austen,Josh Holloway and Claire Littleton

OlegL
06-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Okay, so by now, I have watched all the seasons. It's an entertaining show, but feels like a giant trip on LSD. Obviously, it's overrated, and it's clear that ABC was in it for the money. (Though every show's primary goal is to be profitable).
Hopefully, ABC's new show 666 Park Avenue will also be a hit.

IdolEyes787
06-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Okay, so by now, I have watched all the seasons. It's an entertaining show, but feels like a giant trip on LSD. Obviously, it's overrated, and it's clear that ABC was in it for the money. (Though every show's primary goal is to be profitable).

What thing did you like best about Lost besides the fact you can now show people that there actually is something that makes even less sense than you do?

OlegL
06-14-2012, 08:07 PM

What thing did you like best about Lost besides the fact you can now show people that there actually is something that makes even less sense than you do?

I liked the fact that it has a hypnotic feel to it. I liked the action in the show. I liked the character of Desmond... You are implying that the show doesn't make sense, but if you think of it as an LSD trip, maybe your opinion about it will change.

IdolEyes787
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
LSD trips only make sense to people who have no concept of reality.

manker
06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Six seasons of Lost in seven days.
To which charity did you donate the sponsorship?

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 11:13 PM

Last edited by manker; Today at 17:51. Reason: mary

Wait, I get it now. You accidentally ended your sentence on a preposition the first time, didn't you? I bet it was originally, "Which charity did you you donate the sponsorship to?". I won't pry, I'll just assume this to be true.

manker
06-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Last edited by manker; Today at 17:51. Reason: mary

Wait, I get it now. You accidentally ended your sentence on a preposition the first time, didn't you? I bet it was originally, "Which charity did you you donate the sponsorship to?". I won't pry, I'll just assume this to be true.:glag:
It's true, I did exactly that.

So, you get it now?

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Wait, I get it now. You accidentally ended your sentence on a preposition the first time, didn't you? I bet it was originally, "Which charity did you you donate the sponsorship to?". I won't pry, I'll just assume this to be true.:glag:
It's true, I did exactly that.

So, you get it now?

I actually thought of the most obscure thing possible, it can't be true. I was actually certain you were just doing it because I have a tendency to explain all of my edits. If it was a coordinated effort, that means you're all sharing secret PMs about me :dave:

manker
06-15-2012, 12:20 AM
I was asking if you got it now, not telling you that you did. Hence the curly wurly.

You answered in a round about fashion, anyways :happy:

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 12:28 AM
I was asking if you got it now, not telling you that you did. Hence the curly wurly.

You answered in a round about fashion, anyways :happy:

Sometimes the springboards get all bent out of shape and you just have to make mace from lemons.

Busyman
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Lost was great for a time but had a shit ending.

OlegL
06-18-2012, 11:30 PM

There was nothing wrong with the ending except for the fact it was depressing. The whole show is depressing.

manker
06-18-2012, 11:40 PM

There was nothing wrong with the ending except for the fact it was depressing. The whole show is depressing.Are you kidding me.
For a time, Sawyer's nicknames were the single most uplifting thing on world television.

IdolEyes787
06-19-2012, 12:18 AM
There was nothing wrong with the ending except for the fact it was depressing. The whole show is depressing.Are you kidding me.
For a time, Sawyer's nicknames were the single most uplifting thing on world television.

Not to mention when Jin and Sun died.I laughed for two days straight when that happened.

Spoilers above.

Busyman
06-19-2012, 01:19 AM

There was nothing wrong with the ending except for the fact it was depressing. The whole show is depressing.

It sucked total ass. I didn't even like the flash forwards much. I didn't like background of the team investigating the island. I DID like the story of the smoke monster somewhat but then they fecked that up too.

It's like the writers really did intend the story to be that they were all in Purg but everyone figured it was that so they scrambled to come up with something else.

I miss writers like J Michael Straczynski when they had a clear vision of a beginning and end instead of throwing shit at a wall and claiming it looks like the messiah.

OlegL
06-19-2012, 02:51 AM
I didn't like background of the team investigating the island.

What team are you talking about? There was the Others team, the Dharma Initiative team, the Oceanic Flight 815 team, Charles Widmore's team, and the French team.

Busyman
06-19-2012, 04:23 AM
I didn't like background of the team investigating the island.

What team are you talking about? There was the Others team, the Dharma Initiative team, the Oceanic Flight 815 team, Charles Widmore's team, and the French team.

Ha, good point. Well presented.

The Dharma Team.

I really liked Ben and The Others.

Remember when The Others were some supernatural group? They turned out to be "just some folk" with a couple of them not being able to die proper-loike.

OlegL
06-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Extremely overrated, but enjoyable series nonetheless... And I don't think the Others were thought of as a supernatural group when Ethan kidnapped Cairie. I think it was considered a mysterious group, and as you know, Ethan was easily killed during that storyline. Maybe the writers of the show were high on some drug when they were writing this and other storylines.

Busyman
06-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Extremely overrated, but enjoyable series nonetheless... And I don't think the Others were thought of as a supernatural group when Ethan kidnapped Cairie. I think it was considered a mysterious group, and as you know, Ethan was easily killed during that storyline. Maybe the writers of the show were high on some drug when they were writing this and other storylines.

Yeah I was talking about their portrayal initially.

bryan95502
02-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Like everyone else, I was into it for the first few seasons and mostly watched the last season to see how all of it was explained.. definitely not as expected. Don't want to give anythign away. Just not as I suspected