View Full Version : Is Soulseek Always Slow?

MediaSlayer
11-19-2003, 08:46 AM
i doonn'tttt think sooo

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/soulseekspeed.jpg

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

peace

[B][O][T]
11-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Not bad, not bad :D

BOT

MediaSlayer
11-19-2003, 09:00 AM
thx bot B)

hooked
11-19-2003, 09:39 AM
you're still using the old version . . . .

3rd gen noob
11-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by hooked@19 November 2003 - 09:39
you're still using the old version  . . . .
how can you tell?

p.s. impressive speed, by the way

the_faceman
11-19-2003, 09:43 AM
the Things I Like button is missing.

3rd gen noob
11-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman@19 November 2003 - 09:43
ah, ok
i've never used that before

MediaSlayer
11-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by hooked@19 November 2003 - 09:39
you're still using the old version . . . .
i will continue to use this version until it makes my computer explode or some similar catastrophe

thank you

Adster
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
you sure you didnt upload of yourself?

jetje
11-19-2003, 01:57 PM
i did found out myself once... and no -Ad- no ul to yourself :lol:

http://members.home.nl/admit/snelheid.JPG

Afronaut
11-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Hot Damn Mr. JJ ! ! ! !

You may accidently lose some Teras of mp3's but
I bet you get them back the next day. :lol:

Nice speeds on MM too.

I will you this thread as a reference for all the ppl whining about how slow SS is. ;)

Cheers:
-GS-

Spider_dude
11-19-2003, 06:09 PM
the thing which interests me is the people jetje downloads off must have similar speed connections.

Jayhawk
11-19-2003, 06:24 PM
wow Jetje thats fast i have only got like 50 or so off of you before... makes me kinda sad but then i think about 56kers and then it makes my day again. :)

Gutter
11-19-2003, 10:06 PM
any time you feel down about your speeds jay...just let me know I'll send ya a screenshot of slsk from the patient one (me)

:lol:

hooked
11-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman@19 November 2003 - 09:43
yep,

but they switched to feature off for the moment

Every time we make things better, enough new users log in to bring the server down again. We've temporarily taken the recommendations system offline until we can figure out how to make it, or some other server component, take less memory so it doesn't crash next time we hit our daily user record (which is a little over 96k users right now).
Nir 6:11 PM

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-20-2003, 12:49 PM
We've temporarily taken the recommendations system offline until we can figure out how to make it, or some other server component, take less memory so it doesn't crash next time we hit our daily user record (which is a little over 96k users right now).
Nir 6:11 PM

:o 96,000 Users. :o

:D I know that is not Kazaa Numbers but damn thats alot for a Program that was just made for Friends.

hooked
11-20-2003, 12:51 PM
yeah but somehow i believe, and that's total speculation, that nir wants to go back to that community it was before......

you know: banning, bugs, etc . . . . :D :

Jayhawk
11-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Gutter@19 November 2003 - 16:06
any time you feel down about your speeds jay...just let me know I'll send ya a screenshot of slsk from the patient one (me)

:lol:
ok :) works for me

Gutter
11-21-2003, 08:43 AM
-Ad- just notified me of

Soulseek 152 released

This new version automates the donation process. No need to enter your username anymore. The client fills it in for you!

Combined with the new automagic handling of donations by the server, you should now get your privileges activated within a couple of minutes!

So if you want to donate, make sure to upgrade to 152 before so the process goes as smooth as possible.

slsk152.exe (http://www.slsknet.org/slsk152.exe)

Adster
11-21-2003, 09:08 AM
yeah gutter you wouldnt haev known that if I hadnt haev told yoiu :P

and damm Jetje :o

that entire speed you haev is about 50 ppl worth of aussi badnwith literity the highest badnwith you cna get here is t1/512 :o

Gutter
11-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Adster@21 November 2003 - 01:08
yeah gutter you wouldnt haev known that if I hadnt haev told yoiu :P

see edit above

;) :lol:

hooked
11-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Nir@Thursday@ November 20, 2003

Just wanted to clarify regarding the server being up and down a lot in the last few weeks. Thanks to some excellent investigative work from arzenik, our system administrator, we've recently discovered that there are certain limitations of linux and the 32 bit architecture that gives us a lot less room for growth than we thought we had. Coupled with a signifcant rise in the usership, this forced us to start looking for drastic solutions. Those include anything from hacks to the linux kernel (again, courtesy of arzenik) to a complete revamping of the server code. As a result, things are very very shaky right now. We don't know exactly how long it will be before things stabilize, but we are doing this so that we can continue letting as many people use Soulseek as want to. I completely understand anyone who's tired of the current instabilities and opts to switch to a different file-sharing instead. I probably would too by now. If that's the choice you make, all I ask is that you make it without anger or bitterness. You're always free to check up on us later, when things might be better.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by hooked+21 November 2003 - 06:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hooked @ 21 November 2003 - 06:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nir@Thursday@ November 20, 2003

Just wanted to clarify regarding the server being up and down a lot in the last few weeks. Thanks to some excellent investigative work from arzenik, our system administrator, we&#39;ve recently discovered that there are certain limitations of linux and the 32 bit architecture that gives us a lot less room for growth than we thought we had. Coupled with a signifcant rise in the usership, this forced us to start looking for drastic solutions. Those include anything from hacks to the linux kernel (again, courtesy of arzenik) to a complete revamping of the server code. As a result, things are very very shaky right now. We don&#39;t know exactly how long it will be before things stabilize, but we are doing this so that we can continue letting as many people use Soulseek as want to. I completely understand anyone who&#39;s tired of the current instabilities and opts to switch to a different file-sharing instead. I probably would too by now. If that&#39;s the choice you make, all I ask is that you make it without anger or bitterness. You&#39;re always free to check up on us later, when things might be better. [/b][/quote]
:D Thank God I have been Busy cleaning up Files and Burning.Alot of work to do to Database also.They better have things working when I get back then. :P

FC B)

hooked
11-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+21 November 2003 - 11:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 21 November 2003 - 11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hooked@21 November 2003 - 06:40
<!--QuoteBegin-Nir@Thursday@ November 20, 2003

Just wanted to clarify regarding the server being up and down a lot in the last few weeks. Thanks to some excellent investigative work from arzenik, our system administrator, we&#39;ve recently discovered that there are certain limitations of linux and the 32 bit architecture that gives us a lot less room for growth than we thought we had. Coupled with a signifcant rise in the usership, this forced us to start looking for drastic solutions. Those include anything from hacks to the linux kernel (again, courtesy of arzenik) to a complete revamping of the server code. As a result, things are very very shaky right now. We don&#39;t know exactly how long it will be before things stabilize, but we are doing this so that we can continue letting as many people use Soulseek as want to. I completely understand anyone who&#39;s tired of the current instabilities and opts to switch to a different file-sharing instead. I probably would too by now. If that&#39;s the choice you make, all I ask is that you make it without anger or bitterness. You&#39;re always free to check up on us later, when things might be better.
:D Thank God I have been Busy cleaning up Files and Burning.Alot of work to do to Database also.They better have things working when I get back then. :P

FC B) [/b][/quote]
he forgot to mention he did it for guys just like you ;)