PDA

View Full Version : Question

JPaul
06-09-2012, 08:45 PM
With the usenets and demonoid what is the point of private trackers.

You can get anything you want anyway.

Artemis
06-09-2012, 08:51 PM

It seems to keep alot of spotty teenagers who haven't been shagged yet, engrossed in their own little live as it is happening, soap opera. :blink:

chalice
06-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Fuck sake, James, that was a secret.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2012, 09:02 PM

You have to pay for usenet and with Demonoid the likelihood of getting in trouble with the authorities is much greater.
Sometimes I think getting in trouble with the authorities would be preferable to the cliquishness and general arrogance of certain sites though.

JPaul
06-10-2012, 10:50 AM
But there are perfectly acceptable ways of protecting one's self when using the demonoid and stuff nowadays, is that not right.

And also, the usenets comes with my ISP, other people paying for it is really of no concern. I have no idea why you would bring it up.

JPaul
06-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Fuck sake, James, that was a secret.

It's fine, no-one reads this shit anyway.

mjmacky
06-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Obviously the 1080pness of it.

And later, obviously the 1440pness of it.

And whenever they come out with a tracker for people justifying spending money on these (http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/10/3011522/toshiba-regza-55xs5-4k-3dtv-japan)

Disme
06-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I use Usenet, private trackers, the occasional DDL-forum (at least before MegaUpload got busted) and even Scilors-Grooveshark downloader for my quick mp3 needs.

I have free Usenet with about 500 days retention (Binload-account-data in a 3th party client and Xsnews ipv6-test account) and a free (slow) xsusenet account with bigger retention (max 25 GB/month) as fillserver.

I have had a demonoid account since +5 years and have used it in the past, but stopped due to the fact I find Demonoid not as safe as smaller private trackers. They are far less the object of authorities atttention due to the limited amount of numbers.

In the end everybody has his/hers own habits and uses various means to an end, the end being getting their software/movies/music/games/ebooks.
How people do it doesn't bother me, as long as I get my needs fullfilled :)

Artemis
06-11-2012, 05:49 AM
I use Usenet, private trackers, the occasional DDL-forum (at least before MegaUpload got busted) and even Scilors-Grooveshark downloader for my quick mp3 needs.

I have free Usenet with about 500 days retention (Binload-account-data in a 3th party client and Xsnews ipv6-test account) and a free (slow) xsusenet account with bigger retention (max 25 GB/month) as fillserver.

I have had a demonoid account since +5 years and have used it in the past, but stopped due to the fact I find Demonoid not as safe as smaller private trackers. They are far less the object of authorities atttention due to the limited amount of numbers.

In the end everybody has his/hers own habits and uses various means to an end, the end being getting their software/movies/music/games/ebooks.
How people do it doesn't bother me, as long as I get my needs fullfilled :)

Oh noes, a bt discussion in the lounge, well at least there is less chance of the fucktards invading it. Demonoid is great for older more obscure stuff that the copyright holders have little/virtually no interest in pursuing. You are a card carrying moron if you download the latest anything via demonoid and deserve your very own C&D letter addressed to the fuckwit it may concern.
Like anything else it is what you are looking for, but you have to remember, it costs the copyright holders to pay companies to troll for IP addresses to then send out infraction notices to, so they are only after the latest and greatest, and therefore the chance of getting the highest number of hits (IP addresses) from the swarm.

Disme
06-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Thx for wsx111 for his very helpfull 'automated' reply!