PDA

View Full Version : Headers and .nzb's question

Hole69
06-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I've always wondered, do nzb's cover all the header's/content going back 1300+ days back? Or do you have to manually go through headers to find some stuff which don't have nzb's? Are nzb's automatically created for all the new posts?

nntpjunkie
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
There are some auto indexers that crawl for new uploads in certain newsgroups but the NZB file is created by the uploader at the time of the upload - in short, yes there is content that will not have NZBs sometimes and to get that content you have to browse the headers. Which btw is not fun at all in the big groups if you looking for something older. Many of the uploading tools automate the creation of an NZB with the payload so they are there most of the time.

Hole69
06-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks nntpjunkie, I though that'd be it. Still I'm not going to look through 1300 days of headers for a single title.

tesco
06-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Thanks nntpjunkie, I though that'd be it. Still I'm not going to look through 1300 days of headers for a single title.
You can use a server like binsearch to search the headers and create an NZB.
Binsearch does not store NZBs, it stores headers, and lets you create NZB files from them.

mjmacky
06-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Actually, even if people do post NZBs, you can't grab them directly with an autoindexer, you have to generate them on the spot. And as a consequence to that, you'd have to download an nzb to download an nzb :lol: