PDA

View Full Version : Astraweb/US Slows To A Crawl

Beck38
06-13-2012, 06:02 AM
This evening (Astraweb/US time) everything has pretty much slowed to a crawl. At first, it looked like some local problems (yet again), but they seemed to disappear fairly quickly (little things like ping'ing google.com with 8000ms ping times for one), then that seemed to cure itself (possible router out there either programmed incorrectly or taking a dump or two), then that seemed to disappear, then back to very slow speeds (max around 400kb/s).

I gave up trying to troubleshoot someone eases problems, and just sat back and let it run.

BTW, still getting the 'too small' errors, right on 'schedule'.

Just an FYI if anyone else is on that server, beware as to the poor throughput today.

Okay, after watching this for a couple of hours (much gnashing of teeth; and such) it all of a sudden jumped up and started running fine. Now I (think) I know exactly what others have reported upon occasion, that the servers (or the front end) takes a 'dump' and one is left holding the bag, so to speak.

Hopefully, it'll stay running okay, and I won't wake up tomorrow morning to super-slowness.