PDA

View Full Version : Who Speaks Engrish Best?

megabyteme
06-15-2012, 07:09 PM
The results were taken from non-English speaking countries:

TOP RANKED NATIONS FOR ENGLISH PROFICIENCY

Rank Country
EF EPI
Score Level

1. Norway
Very High

2. Netherlands
Very High

3. Denmark
Very High

4. Sweden
Very High

5. Finland
Very High

6. Austria
High

7. Belgium
High

8. Germany
High

9. Malaysia
High

10. Poland
Moderate

11. Switzerland
Moderate

12. Hong Kong
Moderate

13. South Korea
Moderate

14. Japan
Moderate

15. Portugal
Moderate

BOTTOM RANKED NATIONS FOR ENGLISH PROFICIENCY

Rank Country
EF EPI
Score Level

30. India
Low

31. Brazil
Low

32. Russia
Low

33. Dominican Republic
Very Low

34. Indonesia
Very Low

35. Peru
Very Low

36. Chile
Very Low

37. Ecuador
Very Low

38. Venezuela
Very Low

39. Vietnam
Very Low

40. Panama
Very Low

41. Colombia
Very Low

42. Thailand
Very Low

43. Turkey
Very Low

44. Kazakhstan
Very Low

Source: EF English Proficiency Index

Full article:

http://www.bwob.ca/topics/global-issues/who-speaks-english-the-best/

I think we've seen similar results from people wandering through FST...

Funkin'
06-15-2012, 07:27 PM
My vote goes to MorbidAngel.

IdolEyes787
06-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Clearly this poll was complied by Nazis as I see a suspiciously high number of Aryan types at the top.

Also the populous of some those lower ranking countries are highly armed and so probably have no need for English to get their message across,racist.

OlegL
06-15-2012, 07:40 PM

Wtf are you implying? Are you saying that FST Norwegians are much more likely to speak good English than FST Turks?

megabyteme
06-15-2012, 07:54 PM

Wtf are you implying? Are you saying that FST Norwegians are much more likely to speak good English than FST Turks?

I'll take Snee. Go find your best Turk, and we'll have them fight.

OlegL
06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Snee is a Norwegian?

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I actually wonder where U.S. would score.

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I think between Germany and Malaysia.

megabyteme
06-15-2012, 08:55 PM
I actually wonder where U.S. would score.

When I saw the headline, that is the first thing that came to mind. I was a bit bummed they excluded native speaking countries.

megabyteme
06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Snee is a Norwegian?

My mistake. He's apparently Swedish based on this poast:

It's our national day, so I had a day off work. True story.

National Day of Sweden (Sveriges nationaldag) is a national holiday observed in Sweden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden) on the 6th of June every year.

Proper Bo
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Snee's from japan, ffs

megabyteme
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Snee's from japan, ffs

Then he falls to 14th place, but I'll still fight him against Oleg's best Turk. :01:

Quarterquack
06-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Grief your ass squeezed, bitches.

Artemis
06-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Manker's welsh, so he's horribly disadvantaged as well. :idunno:

manker
06-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Wales would pwn the Norwegians in whatever an EPI is :snooty:

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM

They ranked 47th on the survey.

manker
06-16-2012, 02:09 PM
There probably aren't even that many countries in the world so gtfo of my Wales is good thread, pinko.

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 06:26 PM
There probably aren't even that many countries in the world so gtfo of my Wales is good thread, pinko.

Regardless, you beat Darth Sissy, whatevar she is. :console:

Artemis
06-17-2012, 03:02 AM

They ranked 47th on the survey.

They would have ranked higher if the interviewer didn't have to keep wiping all the spit off. :blink:

OlegL
06-17-2012, 07:11 PM

What you said was a sweeping overgeneralization. How the fuck would you know what language FST people can speak well and what language they can speak poorly? I think you intentionally tried to insult a lot of FST people.

mjmacky
06-17-2012, 07:19 PM

What you said was a sweeping overgeneralization. How the fuck would you know what language FST people can speak well and what language they can speak poorly? I think you intentionally tried to insult a lot of FST people.

Rather, it's a sweeping evaluation. Do you not see the many posters' abuse of English here, Oleg? Present company not excluded.

manker
06-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Wtf has happened with the Oleg<3mbm relationship.
They were all 'me and you against the harsh fst world, baby' about two months ago.

===

They would have ranked higher if the interviewer didn't have to keep wiping all the spit off. :blink:rofles.

clocker
06-17-2012, 07:34 PM
How the fuck would you know what language FST people can speak well and what language they can speak poorly? I think you intentionally tried to insult a lot of FST people.
Precisely.
I can speak many languages so poorly that natives might claim I'm not speaking it at all.
It's an art, really.

megabyteme
06-17-2012, 08:05 PM

It was really aimed at you, you silly Jew. Jewrooslum didn't even make the lisp. :snooty:

Quarterquack
06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
They were all 'me and you against the harsh fst world, baby' about two months ago.

To the betterment of the community at large it stopped short of mbm3=DgelO.

manker
06-17-2012, 09:01 PM

To the betterment of the community at large it stopped short of mbm3=DgelO.
:lol: :lol:

Pretty sure that was only because of geographical distance inhibitors but we must be grateful for small mercies.

OlegL
06-17-2012, 09:20 PM

It was really aimed at you, you silly Jew. Jewrooslum didn't even make the lisp. :snooty:

Fuck you.

manker
06-17-2012, 09:25 PM
That's a bit harsh.

Unless you're flirting with him.

IdolEyes787
06-17-2012, 09:31 PM

Fuck you.

Don't curse,be a man and challenge him to an Indian wrestling match.

manker
06-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Fuck you.

Don't curse,be a man and challenge him to an Indian wrestling match.I think you've just rumbled mbm's evil genious plan.
Whistle blower.

megabyteme
06-18-2012, 01:06 AM

Fuck you.

If you weren't from New York, I'd accuse you of copy and pasting that.

mjmacky
06-18-2012, 01:45 AM
"Fuck you", that's genuine social interaction. You never see anyone post that on an internet board anymore.

megabyteme
06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Hey, where did Kyle go?

TheFoX
06-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I am surprised that the US of A wasn't featured, since their nation language is Redneckspeek. Mind you, they'd probably be ranked last, because their grasp of English is diabolical at best, and utterly pathetic at worst.

And what the fuck is English(US)? English is English you fucking Microsoft twats!!!

megabyteme
06-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I am surprised that the US of A wasn't featured, since their nation language is Redneckspeek. Mind you, they'd probably be ranked last, because their grasp of English is diabolical at best, and utterly pathetic at worst.

And what the fuck is English(US)? English is English you fucking Microsoft twats!!!

What Oleg said. :snooty:

mjmacky
06-19-2012, 07:50 PM

many abusings specialy online but i bet mine is gooder than urs.

ckrit
06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Like I said, nearly fluent :smilie4:

mjmacky
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Like I said, nearly fluent :smilie4:

That kind of lowers your qualifications, doesn't it?

manker
06-19-2012, 09:35 PM
And what the fuck is English(US)? English is English you fucking Microsoft twats!!!:ermm:

Wrong.

Quarterquack
06-19-2012, 11:34 PM

Its too do with spell cheque.

IdolEyes787
06-19-2012, 11:56 PM

Its too do with spell cheque.

Until this very moment I thought English(US) was to make certain no one confused us with the foreigners.

Artemis
06-20-2012, 04:44 AM
There are two english languages because the British didn't keep their shit together and let one of their rabble rousing colonies run amok, that they were simultaneously fighting another war with the French made things interesting, but still they got their head handed to them on a plate. So they had to pack up their bat and ball and go home leaving geography,time,social mores and rednecks to create the merkin version.

mjmacky
06-20-2012, 04:52 AM
There are two english languages because the British didn't keep their shit together and let one of their rabble rousing colonies run amok, that they were simultaneously fighting another war with the French made things interesting, but still they got their head handed to them on a plate. So they had to pack up their bat and ball and go home leaving geography,time,social mores and rednecks to create the merkin version.

I look at the variations differently.

UK English
North American English
Oceanic English
Indian English
South African English
Caribbean English
etc.

Imperialism is my point.

Artemis
06-20-2012, 07:12 AM

I look at the variations differently.

UK English
North American English
Oceanic English
Indian English
South African English
Caribbean English
etc.

Imperialism is my point.

Really.... failed imperialism was mine :blink:

*btw wtf oceanic english?

megabyteme
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Aluminium. :happy:

mjmacky
06-20-2012, 04:45 PM

I was trying to find a way to group NZ and Australia together. I originally went with South Pacific, but wasn't sure if they made too much sense. Oceania is a thing, right?

manker
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah, of course.
I knew what you meant right away :idunno:

junglebook
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
:ermm:

manker
06-20-2012, 08:52 PM
:ermm:
Mary is usually pretty obscure and, to compound matters, hard of getting it.
It was a minor victory and I think your smiley might sully the moment for her, somewhat.

Artemis
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM

I was trying to find a way to group NZ and Australia together. I originally went with South Pacific, but wasn't sure if they made too much sense. Oceania is a thing, right?
Yeah Oceania is a 'thing' I just dislike being lumped in with Australia. :naughty:

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Yeah Oceania is a 'thing' I just dislike being lumped in with Australia. :naughty:

Well it was a bit underhanded, I admit. That's it, I'm just going to admit it, I'm not taking it back or anything. :appropriatesmiley:

Artemis
06-21-2012, 07:56 AM

Well it was a bit underhanded, I admit. That's it, I'm just going to admit it, I'm not taking it back or anything. :appropriatesmiley:

I think the world as I know it would stop and time would begin to go back backwards if you actually took anything back so you are operating completely on form.

Actually if you will permit me a segue though, as I was driving around today my GPS unit reminded me of this conversation. Why you may ask? Well my GPS is a Navman and the voices in it are Australian, the illiterate ozzie slapper inside my very expensive GPS cannot pronounce the local place names even remotely closely and stumbles over them in an irritating high pitched nasal ozzie twang, which made the lumping together of New Zealand and Australia particularly poignant and irritating today.

Barbarossa
06-21-2012, 09:23 AM

I think the world as I know it would stop and time would begin to go back backwards if you actually took anything back so you are operating completely on form.

Actually if you will permit me a segue though, as I was driving around today my GPS unit reminded me of this conversation. Why you may ask? Well my GPS is a Navman and the voices in it are Australian, the illiterate ozzie slapper inside my very expensive GPS cannot pronounce the local place names even remotely closely and stumbles over them in an irritating high pitched nasal ozzie twang, which made the lumping together of New Zealand and Australia particularly poignant and irritating today.

Like there's a difference.... :dry:

Artemis
06-21-2012, 09:31 AM

Like there's a difference.... :dry:
:mad3:

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
which made the lumping together of New Zealand and Australia particularly poignant and irritating today.

I'll give you some advice to help you cool down. Just throw some shrimp on the barbie and pop open a can of Foster's.

Artemis
06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
which made the lumping together of New Zealand and Australia particularly poignant and irritating today.

I'll give you some advice to help you cool down. Just throw some shrimp on the barbie and pop open a can of Foster's.
Well actually we won a brand spanking new top of the range barbie in a competition last week,all alloy 6 burner + side element, electric rotisserie, gas bottle, and even a cover for it :D so there are some up sides to my life.

manker
06-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Well actually we won a brand spanking new top of the range barbie in a competition last week,all alloy 6 burner + side element, electric rotisserie, gas bottle, and even a cover for it :D so there are some up sides to my life.
Nice one :happy:

But don't you think that they're cheating? Whenever I have a bbq (which is basically when I get made to attend the one happening in my back garden, since I don't eat meat), we just use a disposable foil tray that's filled with charcoal and bought for £3.
We got given one of those behemoths that you describe but it's just like a massive cooker on wheels and I just figure you may as well cook in the kitchen and bring the food out when it's done.

Artemis
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Nice one :happy:

But don't you think that they're cheating? Whenever I have a bbq (which is basically when I get made to attend the one happening in my back garden, since I don't eat meat), we just use a disposable foil tray that's filled with charcoal and bought for £3.
We got given one of those behemoths that you describe but it's just like a massive cooker on wheels and I just figure you may as well cook in the kitchen and bring the food out when it's done.

You're absolutely correct about behemoth on wheels, I've already flogged it for a nice profit :blink:

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 01:21 PM

What the actual fuck?

Did Beef Supreme ride it into your lawn?

Artemis
06-21-2012, 01:28 PM

What the actual fuck?

What word didn't you understand? I can draw pictures if it would help?

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
What the actual fuck?

No, I understood what you said, but I was wondering why such a thing exists. Beef Supreme is a movie character reference.

Artemis
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM

No, I understood what you said, but I was wondering why such a thing exists. Beef Supreme is a movie character reference.

At which point, sadly you have now lost me, it's late, I'm now confused on the 'thing' and will just happily wander along in complete ignorance of Beef Supreme. :blink:

manker
06-21-2012, 01:41 PM

No, I understood what you said, but I was wondering why such a thing exists. I have this client who has a mobile home that he uses a couple of times a year, which cost more than the actual home I moved out of last autumn.
He probably has one of these gigantic barbies.

Artemis
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
No, I understood what you said, but I was wondering why such a thing exists. I have this client who has a mobile home that he uses a couple of times a year, which cost more than the actual home I moved out of last autumn.
He probably has one of these gigantic barbies.
It wasn't that big, you make it sound like if it fell on you it would kill you or something I don't know....American......

Artemis
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Or you can just decide for yourselves:

http://www.masport.co.nz/Default.aspx?tabid=1136

manker
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM

It's posher than mine. It looks a bit like a robot.
I'd have kept it. True Story.

manker
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
There are lawn mowers with roll-bars and log splitters and all sorts of expensive man toys on that site.
It almost makes me wish I didn't have a man-servant who takes care of that kind of thing.

Artemis
06-21-2012, 02:16 PM

Yes Masport do make alot of man toys, now back to the barbie, it's the middle of winter here so not exactly ideal bbq weather, it's been one of the worst winters on record so far in actual fact so no, no I'm not standing outside for even a short period of time and pretending. Which sealed the fate of the barbie, now personally I would have loved nothing more than to have stored that bad boy away for spring, but no..... practicality reared it's ugly head and beat that dream to death. There was a 'meeting' to 'discuss' what 'we' should do with the barbecue, it didn't go well for the man team.....:sadwalk:

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 09:17 PM

That was much different than the image I had in my head. I guess I've just seen too many oversized 2 burner solitary purpose bbqs.

manker
06-21-2012, 09:39 PM

Yes Masport do make alot of man toys, now back to the barbie, it's the middle of winter here so not exactly ideal bbq weather, it's been one of the worst winters on record so far in actual fact so no, no I'm not standing outside for even a short period of time and pretending. Which sealed the fate of the barbie, now personally I would have loved nothing more than to have stored that bad boy away for spring, but no..... practicality reared it's ugly head and beat that dream to death. There was a 'meeting' to 'discuss' what 'we' should do with the barbecue, it didn't go well for the man team.....:sadwalk:
That's awful news.

You'll know the next time you win a gigantic robot bbq that you'd better hide that fucker in one of the barns and then, one hot summer's day, crack it up and fill your missus' mouth with succulent sausage before she can ask from whence it came.

megabyteme
06-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Manker doesn't eat meat, and Art gives up his badass BBQ without a fight. Don't you both look darling in your skirts. :pinch:

manker
06-21-2012, 10:02 PM
I'd make some joke about you being a kept man, but I'm worried you'll be packing heat at the upcoming fst re-union and might shoot me in the face after a couple of Appletinis.

megabyteme
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
I'd make some joke about you being a kept man, but I'm worried you'll be packing heat at the upcoming fst re-union and might shoot me in the face after a couple of Appletinis.

Kept man with a private theater, kick ass BBQ and smoker, motorcycle, guns... I could go on, but I wouldn't want tears spoiling those high heels you are wearing. :noes:

manker
06-21-2012, 10:12 PM

Kept man with a private theater, kick ass BBQ and smoker, motorcycle, guns... I could go on, but I wouldn't want tears spoiling those high heels you are wearing. :noes:You should have gone on, I'd rather have high heels than any of those things.
I used to want a projector but Arty and Snee have completely put me off them, until such a time as I get one. I may possibly change my opinion at that time but not before.

megabyteme
06-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Kept man with a private theater, kick ass BBQ and smoker, motorcycle, guns... I could go on, but I wouldn't want tears spoiling those high heels you are wearing. :noes:You should have gone on, I'd rather have high heels than any of those things.
I used to want a projector but Arty and Snee have completely put me off them, until such a time as I get one. I may possibly change my opinion at that time but not before.

I missed their comments. I absolutely love mine (http://www.amazon.com/Epson-PowerLite-Home-Cinema-8350/dp/B0044UHJWY). Less expensive than many high-end TVs.

IdolEyes787
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM
You should have gone on, I'd rather have high heels than any of those things.

I missed their comments. I absolutely love mine (http://www.amazon.com/Epson-PowerLite-Home-Cinema-8350/dp/B0044UHJWY). Less expensive than many high-end TVs.

It seems cheap but then they probably screw you on the giant glass screen you need to make it work.

megabyteme
06-21-2012, 10:47 PM

It seems cheap but then they probably screw you on the giant glass screen you need to make it work.

Protip: Use a white Walmart shower curtain, and smooth out the wrinkles. :shifty:

manker
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
You should have gone on, I'd rather have high heels than any of those things.

I missed their comments. I absolutely love mine (http://www.amazon.com/Epson-PowerLite-Home-Cinema-8350/dp/B0044UHJWY). Less expensive than many high-end TVs.Looks shit :snooty:

megabyteme
06-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I missed their comments. I absolutely love mine (http://www.amazon.com/Epson-PowerLite-Home-Cinema-8350/dp/B0044UHJWY). Less expensive than many high-end TVs.Looks shit :snooty:

:sadwalk:

VilmaSchultz
06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
The results were taken from non-English speaking countries:

TOP RANKED NATIONS FOR ENGLISH PROFICIENCY

Rank Country
EF EPI
Score Level

1. Norway
Very High

2. Netherlands
Very High

3. Denmark
Very High

4. Sweden
Very High

5. Finland
Very High

6. Austria
High

7. Belgium
High

8. Germany
High

9. Malaysia
High

10. Poland
Moderate

11. Switzerland
Moderate

12. Hong Kong
Moderate

13. South Korea
Moderate

14. Japan
Moderate

15. Portugal
Moderate

BOTTOM RANKED NATIONS FOR ENGLISH PROFICIENCY

Rank Country
EF EPI
Score Level

30. India
Low

31. Brazil
Low

32. Russia
Low

33. Dominican Republic
Very Low

34. Indonesia
Very Low

35. Peru
Very Low

36. Chile
Very Low

37. Ecuador
Very Low

38. Venezuela
Very Low

39. Vietnam
Very Low

40. Panama
Very Low

41. Colombia
Very Low

42. Thailand
Very Low

43. Turkey
Very Low

44. Kazakhstan
Very Low

Source: EF English Proficiency Index

Full article:

http://www.bwob.ca/topics/global-issues/who-speaks-english-the-best/

Thanks for this statistics! Nice to know it! Norway and the Netherlands, my congratulations!

Artemis
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks for this statistics! Nice to know it! Norway and the Netherlands, my congratulations!

Do they employ people from sheltered workshops as spammers these days? :blink: