PDA

View Full Version : The Best TV Shows That Got Canceled II

Busyman
06-17-2012, 01:30 AM
I'll start...

Can someone explain to me why that bre-ish show, Outcasts, got canceled?:angry:

I friggin' loved that show!

I really do hate how short bre-ish show seasons are tho'.

manker
06-17-2012, 01:47 AM
What the fuck is bre-ish and why don't you make a nuisance of yourself in the lounge any more. I know you miss me as much as I miss you <3

The most recent show I was gutted about getting cancelled was Drive. It had everything; Captain Mal Reynolds, cars and a hot, slutty daughter.
It hooked me from the very start as hints were dropped about the reasons behind the race being sinister and the main five or six characters were instantly likeable/evil and their back stories seemed pretty intriguing.
Jericho and The 4400 deserve honourable mentions, too.

Busyman
06-17-2012, 02:10 AM
What the fuck is bre-ish and why don't you make a nuisance of yourself in the lounge any more. I know you miss me as much as I miss you <3

The most recent show I was gutted about getting cancelled was Drive. It had everything; Captain Mal Reynolds, cars and a hot, slutty daughter.
It hooked me from the very start as hints were dropped about the reasons behind the race being sinister and the main five or six characters were instantly likeable/evil and their back stories seemed pretty intriguing.

At least Jericho was (sloppingly) wrapped up. The 4400 got a little sloppy altogether.

:notesTVDriveforconsumption:

How many seasons did Drive run?

Oh snap, as I'm writing this I remember the show had Nathan from Firefly. I never watched it so I was part of the problem of it going away.

Will download.....:happy:

Oh and....wadup, kanker!

IdolEyes787
06-17-2012, 12:35 PM

First episode of Drive was good but the network wasn't behind the show and wanted something different so it went precariously all-over the place downhill from that. Around that time Nathan Fillion actually had the title "series killer " attached to his name btw.

Jericho was another case of not enough support but this time in the rating so the producers tinkered it into the resemblance of a heaping pile of non-nonsensical soap opera-ish shite by the end.

Never watched The 4400 and probably never will as I am now afraid that it may involve ghey teen vampires and diaries.

Busyman
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM

First episode of Drive was good but the network wasn't behind the show and wanted something different so it went precariously all-over the place downhill from that. Around that time Nathan Fillion actually had the title "series killer " attached to his name btw.

Jericho was another case of not enough support but this time in the rating so the producers tinkered it into the resemblance of a heaping pile of non-nonsensical soap opera-ish shite by the end.

Never watched The 4400 and probably never will as I am now afraid that it may involve ghey teen vampires and diaries.

I dunno about Drive but you are completely wrong about everything else besides the bad ratings.It was brought back due to the fans and had to be wrapped up quickly. The 4400 was NOTHING like you described. It was a rip-off of the Rising Stars comic (which was fantastic).

mjmacky
06-17-2012, 06:23 PM

Really? It's probably my 2nd favorite cancelled show of all time, following Firefly. I believe I waited 2 years for the next season to come before looking up the old, but sad news on the internet and thinking, "what the fuck?".

manker
06-17-2012, 07:39 PM

At least Jericho was (sloppingly) wrapped up. The 4400 got a little sloppy altogether.

Oh snap, as I'm writing this I remember the show had Nathan from Firefly. I never watched it so I was part of the problem of it going away.

Oh and....wadup, kanker!
Hai :happy:

I wouldn't download if I were you. It only has five or six episodes and I still haven't quite got over the rage I felt when I found out that it wasn't coming back.
Also, great remembering that Nathan Fillion was in it after I'd mentioned that it had Captain Mal Reynolds.

And, yeah, The 4400 went a bit crappy toward the end but it was still compelling.
Possibly because of the investiture I already had in the characters, though.

Busyman
06-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Oh and....wadup, kanker!

I wouldn't download if I were you. It only has five or six episodes and I still haven't quite got over the rage I felt when I found out that it wasn't coming back.
Also, great remembering that Nathan Fillion was in it after I'd mentioned that it had Captain Mal Reynolds.

And, yeah, The 4400 went a bit crappy toward the end but it was still compelling.

Ha yeah that is quite weird I remembered Nate yet (still) don't remember the Caps name from Firefly and Serenity. D...amn. I am quite shit with names but remembers faces like a mofo. Drive was the first time I saw him in TV (the preview, at least) since Firefly.

Hey I watched Firefly (came on back-to-back) with John Doe so give me a cookie for that. People ignored them along with Earth 2 and Space Above an Beyond (also back-to-back). We just can't get good sci-fi to stay on anymore.:angry:

Anyway, did Drive end shittely where it felt like "the middle"?

I hate when shows end on cliffhangers or mysteries like Outcasts and John Doe.

The 4400 was fantastic but when baby girl grew up in like a week, it started to go downhill. I still wish they'd make a movie or TV series out of Rising Stars. Heroes and The 4400 were good but RS was more epic (and certainly more original).

mjmacky
06-17-2012, 08:13 PM

I just realized my 2 favorite cancelled shows feature Summer Glau. It would have been 3 if I actually liked that Terminator series.

Busyman
06-17-2012, 08:18 PM

I just realized my 2 favorite cancelled shows feature Summer Glau. It would have been 3 if I actually liked that Terminator series.

Hey I liked that show!:angry:

She wasn't as prominent in The 4400, I thought. I remember her in Alphas too.

mjmacky
06-17-2012, 08:26 PM

I watched it thinking, "I'm obviously too old for this show".

Busyman
06-17-2012, 08:29 PM

I watched it thinking, "I'm obviously too old for this show".

Maybe I give scifi shows a lot of rope. Right now I'm watching Continuum.

manker
06-17-2012, 09:34 PM

Ha yeah that is quite weird I remembered Nate yet (still) don't remember the Caps name from Firefly and Serenity. D...amn. I am quite shit with names but remembers faces like a mofo. Drive was the first time I saw him in TV (the preview, at least) since Firefly.

Hey I watched Firefly (came on back-to-back) with John Doe so give me a cookie for that. People ignored them along with Earth 2 and Space Above an Beyond (also back-to-back). We just can't get good sci-fi to stay on anymore.:angry:

The 4400 was fantastic but when baby girl grew up in like a week, it started to go downhill. I still wish they'd make a movie or TV series out of Rising Stars. Heroes and The 4400 were good but RS was more epic (and certainly more original).
I'm not sure what Rising Stars is. A comic, is it?

Drive ended more at the start than in the middle and left a load of stuff unanswered, it might be that it's worth a watch just for curiosity but I'd bet you'd be left with more negative feelings than positive ones. Also, now I come to think about it, Idol is right when he says about it getting a little disjointed - but I always had the feeling it was just about to explode into something awesome.

I watched John Doe, but I can barely remember it. I know Michael's brother from Prison Break was the lead and that I liked it. But I also remember it feeling a little dated. Perhaps it was and I downloaded it several years after it was made, idk.

I think it's commonly agreed that Heroes went to complete shite after the first series, btw. I tried so hard to like it, too.

I just realized my 2 favorite cancelled shows feature Summer Glau. It would have been 3 if I actually liked that Terminator series.Well it's three for me because I liked Terminator, as well. It was the first show I watched in HD when I got it set up, and the visual experience struck me as being really rather good.
I may have got overly attached to it due to that.

:eyebrows:

IdolEyes787
06-18-2012, 12:35 AM
I watched John Doe, but I can barely remember it. I know Michael's brother from Prison Break was the lead and that I liked it. But I also remember it feeling a little dated. Perhaps it was and I downloaded it several years after it was made, idk.

I don't understand how you could possibly be watching all the same stuff as me as I obviously have good taste and you don't.

Anyway John Doe was a great premise that lacked anything to really follow it up.
Probably should have known it was going to be a rough ride when coming out so soon after The Bourne Identity the producers thought it was still a good idea to blatantly rip-off so many key points .

Busyman
06-18-2012, 01:40 AM

I'm not sure what Rising Stars is. A comic, is it?

Drive ended more at the start than in the middle and left a load of stuff unanswered, it might be that it's worth a watch just for curiosity but I'd bet you'd be left with more negative feelings than positive ones. Also, now I come to think about it, Idol is right when he says about it getting a little disjointed - but I always had the feeling it was just about to explode into something awesome.

I think it's commonly agreed that Heroes went to complete shite after the first series, btw. I tried so hard to like it, too.

Agreed. The show started off mysterious and then it seemed the writers just right fecked off.

John Doe was cool cuz it you wondered why he knew everything, where was he from, why'd wake up buck naked in the beginning, and what were the motivations behind the group killing people. The idea of that and another scifi show shown back-to-back on primetime network TV is completely obliterated nowadays. The other time I can remember before that was the aforementioned Earth 2 and Space Above and Beyond and maybe a Star Trek show (Voyager I think) and 7 Days.

Rising Stars started off with kids conceived the night a comet flew over Pederson, (Ohio?), and many of those kids (called Specials) were shown to have powers. While the government figures out what to do with them, they put them in camp (with counselors and all). All the kids didn't demonstrate powers but were put together anyway. I remember there was one kid that demonstrated no powers would get pulled out late at night from his bunk bed over and over by a counselor until one night he turned to the counselor and said "BURN!". We then found out what his power was.

As teenagers, one chubby boy could fly....but only 6 feet off the ground. He'd get teased about not being able to go higher than than cuz of his fatass over and over. He finally got past 6 feet, then 20, then 40, and they never saw him again. No more teasing.

Another storyline when everyone was older was there was a fat fella that could not die. He lived in squalor and had no girlfriend. He found work doing ads for an electric company where he'd pick up live wires and get shocked on TV yet still remained friendless and alone. Well one day the man that couldn't die was found dead. He had a plastic bag over head. Someone knew that he still needed air. That kicked off the storyline where someone was killing off all the Specials and they knew the weakness of each one.:unsure:

Anyway Rising Stars was original and much deeper than The 4400 and Heroes and similarities were huge. RS was more epic since it started from childhood and chronicled the years after.

Well it's three for me because I liked Terminator, as well. It was the first show I watched in HD when I got it set up, and the visual experience struck me as being really rather good.

Wow really? That was only about 4 years ago. How long has GB had HD? I remember coming on here and people (not you) ragging on HD saying there wasn't much difference. I remarked that they probably don't have it.

Now HD is ubiquitous and I bet those same people wouldn't go back to SD.:happy:

mjmacky
06-18-2012, 01:40 AM
I don't understand how you could possibly be watching all the same stuff as me as I obviously have good taste and you don't.

Anyway John Doe was a great premise that lacked anything to really follow it up.
Probably should have known it was going to be a rough ride when coming out so soon after The Bourne Identity the producers thought it was still a good idea to blatantly rip-off so many key points .

Which reminds me, Louie season 3 premiers on June 28th. Can you guess what else I read?

Seinfeld may appear (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Jerry-Seinfeld-Set-Appear-Louie-Season-3-43084.html)

Busyman
06-18-2012, 02:10 AM

Huh?

John Doe ripped off notadamnthing. I mean if "guy doesn't know his past or who he is" is a rip-off then your qualifications for rip-offs are ultra low.

Bourne was an assassin/soldier.
John Doe was some guy with a weird maark that happened to know everything.

I mean if you wanna reach, Bourne is found floating in the water. Doe wakes up buck naked on an island. Duhhhh...alrighty then....rip-off?

John Doe and Firefly were rare scifi shows in primetime. Not many do well. Many are quality tho'. The problem is reality TV was ramping up then.

Since reality TV has been in full swing, we've had (in primetime network TV):

Fringe (one more season which'll make 5,has been on a Friday timeslot) MMK
Supernatural (I'm including scifi with the supernatural, going on season 8, has been on a Friday timeslot) WIN
Heroes (4 seasons) MMK
Firefly (1 season, had a movie) FAIL
John Doe (1 season) FAIL
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles (1.5 seasons) FAIL
Flash Forward (1 season, great show) FAIL
Threshold (half season) FAIL
Terra Nova (half season) FAIL
The Listener (half season in US) FAIL (still running elsewhere up to season 3)
and many more failures.

Scifi on primetime network TV has an uphill battle. It has to draw the casual viewer and can't depend on scifi buffs like me. I was actually mad Threshold got canceled even tho' I couldn't recommend it to others. I see why it was canceled. It was very dark.:shifty:

Quarterquack
06-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Terriers.

Busyman
06-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Terriers.

Thank you, kind sir. I always wanted to check that out but I had forgot about it.

mjmacky
06-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Heroes (4 seasons) MMK

IdolEyes787
06-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Huh?

John Doe ripped off notadamnthing. I mean if "guy doesn't know his past or who he is" is a rip-off then your qualifications for rip-offs are ultra low.

I mean if you wanna reach, Bourne is found floating in the water. Doe wakes up buck naked on an island. Duhhhh...alrighty then....rip-off?

John Doe and Firefly were rare scifi shows in primetime. Not many do well. Many are quality tho'. The problem is reality TV was ramping up then.

Supernatural (I'm including scifi with the supernatural, going on season 8, has been on a Friday timeslot) WIN
Heroes (4 seasons) MMK
John Doe (1 season) FAIL
and many more failures.

Scifi on primetime network TV has an uphill battle. It has to draw the casual viewer and can't depend on scifi buffs like me. I was actually mad Threshold got canceled even tho' I couldn't recommend it to others. I see why it was canceled. It was very dark.:shifty:

I hope you are not an idiot in real life and in fact only play one on the internet.

Bourne:Mysterious 30ish stranger with near super human abilities washes up on boat with no recollection of past finds himself pursued by shadowy agency.Premiered Summer 2002.
John Doe:Mysterious 30ish stranger with near super human abilities washes up on shore with no recollection of past finds himself pursued by shadowy agency.Premiered Fall 2002.
Other films/TV shows similar to that in the long history of films/TV :0

God what was I thinking.

manker
06-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Probably should have known it was going to be a rough ride when coming out so soon after The Bourne Identity the producers thought it was still a good idea to blatantly rip-off so many key points .Ah well now I remember it and I also, obviously, being male, liked the Bourne films, too.
I'm pretty sure I watched it in 2009 so that explains why I found it dated if it came out shortly after the Bourne films.

The answer to how I watch all the same stuff is that I've read all your past posts and decided to DL the stuff as you mention because I want to fit in and you seem internet scary.

===

Well it's three for me because I liked Terminator, as well. It was the first show I watched in HD when I got it set up, and the visual experience struck me as being really rather good.

Wow really? That was only about 4 years ago. How long has GB had HD? I remember coming on here and people (not you) ragging on HD saying there wasn't much difference. I remarked that they probably don't have it.

Now HD is ubiquitous and I bet those same people wouldn't go back to SD.:happy: :lol:
Yeah I remember that, mostly because it was a recurring argument that happened every other day for a year.
It was mainly Cheese you were arguing with - and he didn't own a tv. Maybe he still doesn't. Altho' he has got a daughter now and we all know how important daytime tv is for making kids stfu.

As soon as I got the correct codecs and my PC hooked up to the big telly, I became an instant HD snob like wot you are :happy:

ckrit
06-18-2012, 03:20 PM
HD is p pointless if your screen is below, like, 40". And even above that, it doesn't do that much difference for a few more inches, IMO. True story.

As for shows that shouldn't have gotten cancelled, I'm gonna be a bit controversial here and say that The River should have gotten at least one more season (assuming netflix doesn't save it).

manker
06-18-2012, 08:06 PM
I've got a trained eye, now, and can spot a SD flick before I realise which show I'm watching.
You can't tell me I've downloaded five times the amount of data I actually needed to for the past four years.

And even if you did, I wouldn't listen as it's bunk.

Snee
06-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Watevar. Get a proper screen and it'll totally be worth it :smilie4:

manker
06-18-2012, 08:52 PM
You only got involved in this thread so either me or you would mention your projector.
And, like, I don't even want one. It's not even as if it's anything good like what it would be if you had TiVo or an upscaler.

Busyman
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Heroes (4 seasons) MMK

No I loved Firefly. I'm talking about it's failure commercially.

Huh?

Heroes (4 seasons) MMK
John Doe (1 season) FAIL
and many more failures.

I hope you are not an idiot in real life and in fact only play one on the internet.

Bourne:Mysterious 30ish stranger washes up on boat with no recollection of past finds himself pursued by shadowy agency.Premiered Summer 2002.
John Doe:Mysterious 30ish stranger with near super human abilities washes up on shore with no recollection of past finds himself pursued by shadowy agency.Premiered Fall 2002.
Other films/TV shows similar to that in the long history of films/TV :0

God what was I thinking.

Probably how much you miss your boyfriend......

Learn the diff between a similarity and a rip-off.

One, Bourne wasn't near super human. He was simply a kickass spy/assassin. John Doe was super human. He knew "everything"
Two, John Doe didn't wash up on shore
Three, well, there was 3 months in-between the release of Bourne and John Doe. Time to rip-off a movie?

All you saw was stranger with amnesia = rip-off.

Dumb. The stories are completely different. Similarity does not necessarily = rip-off.

mjmacky
06-18-2012, 09:37 PM

No I loved Firefly. I'm talking about it's failure commercially.

Too late, I can't take it back now. You'll just have to live with it.

Snee
06-18-2012, 10:05 PM
You only got involved in this thread so either me or you would mention your projector.
And, like, I don't even want one. :emo:

:smilie4:

IdolEyes787
06-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Learn the diff between a similarity and a rip-off.

One, Bourne wasn't near super human. He was simply a kickass spy/assassin. John Doe was super human. He knew "everything"
Two, John Doe didn't wash up on shore
Three, well, there was 3 months in-between the release of Bourne and John Doe. Time to rip-off a movie?

All you saw was stranger with amnesia = rip-off.

Dumb. The stories are completely different. Similarity does not necessarily = rip-off.
And you have a silly habit of taking everything absolutely literally.
Anyway if you look I said key points not movie and nothing you have said dissuades me from that .

OK so John Doe didn't "wash ashore " he only speculates that he may have washed ashore and before that he doesn't fall into the water and get picked up suffering from amnesia by a fishing boat crewed by a bunch of people who aren't English speaking .
And then he doesn't proceed to display abilities "far in excess" of a normal person.

No wait yes he does.

Of course John Doe's premise predates the release of The Bourne Identity but aspects could easily have been revised in 3 months to mimic it.
Coincidences in Hollywood being as rare as ethics.

Btw I'm going to give you credit for not being stupid and only egotistical to the point of not being able to admit that you may be wrong.

Busyman
06-18-2012, 10:38 PM
That fact is, numbnuts, that the stories are completely different so calling it a rip-off is extreme.

Again, learn the difference between similarity and rip-off. You said shitall about key points. You called it a blatant rip-off.

Now you are even backtracking by reaching with "far in excess of a normal person". How about just saying Doe is a rip-off by "having a male in the starring role" to prove your point.
If John Doe's premise "of course" predates the release of Bourne howz about a little less talking and a little more STFU about it being a blatant rip-off since you obviously haven't the slightest clue wtf you are arguing anymore? :ermm:

IdolEyes787
06-18-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm not backtracking I was trying to be more literal so that a person of your obviously limited understanding doesn't have to make any of those tricky supposition things.

Also like I said see original post re key points. See later posts for annotation of those.

If you like you can continue to rant incoherently now for all the good it's doing you.

Busyman
06-18-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm not backtracking I was trying to be more literal so that a person of your obviously limited understanding doesn't have to make any of those tricky supposition things.

Also like I said see original post re key points. See later posts for annotation of those.

If you like you can continue to rant incoherently now for all the good it's doing you.

You are doing a better job arguing about....nothing.

Plus you are backtracking if you say the premise predates Bourne yet Doe rips it off. Around we go.

Finding similarities then calling those similarities a rip-off shows you have the understanding of an imbecile.

Rip-offs go farther than your pedestrian findings.

mjmacky
06-19-2012, 12:03 PM
I think this is what it was like for Idol (or anyone else) to watch me and Darthy argue about carbon-carbon bond "flexibility". I now submit my apologies, world.

manker
06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
I think this is what it was like for Idol (or anyone else) to watch me and Darthy argue about carbon-carbon bond "flexibility". I now submit my apologies, world.
As much as I'd like to agree, because you're a lovely lady for an American, it most certainly is not.

Idol and Busy arguing made me lol a few times and is kind of interesting to see them disagree violently about something which they clearly agree upon.
By way of contrast, I wasn't even aware that you and Darthy were disagreeing about anything. It was just walls of text which after reading in their entirety, made me want to tear my modem apart like it was a mere telephone directory and set the wreckage ablaze with paper kindling and faggots.

didn't really read them in their entirety, i skimmed over the first couple and the exposure to that level of banality invoked the avoid button in my brain.

IdolEyes787
06-19-2012, 12:33 PM
You are doing a better job arguing about....nothing.

Plus you are backtracking if you say the premise predates Bourne yet Doe rips it off. Around we go.

Finding similarities then calling those similarities a rip-off shows you have the understanding of an imbecile.

Rip-offs go farther than your pedestrian findings.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that I am talking of a specific scene(s) and not overall premise ,storylines,character arches or the colour cerulean blue*?

Anyway as I seem to have been afforded the luxury of some class and so am not as quite into name calling as you I suggest we settle this by either Indian wrestling or camels at 20 paces.

Other than that, like Mary, I really no longer give a fuck.

*X Files reference from the episode Pusher which I'm fairly certain they stole from somewhere.

By way of contrast, I wasn't even aware that you and Darthy were disagreeing about anything. It was just walls of text which after reading in their entirety, made me want to tear my modem apart like it was a mere telephone directory and set the wreckage ablaze with paper kindling and faggots.

Riddle

What do Robert Pattinson and Darth Cicero have in common?

They are both more interesting when they're dead.

mjmacky
06-19-2012, 12:50 PM
As much as I'd like to agree, because you're a lovely lady for an American, it most certainly is not.

I don't know nor remember anything about either the Bourne movie or Bourne TV show, and I was grouping myself with others on that.

didn't really read them in their entirety, i skimmed over the first couple and the exposure to that level of banality invoked the avoid button in my brain.

P.S., on that note, it came down to the use of English, Darthy was being too strict about his interpretation of diction on an internet board.

IdolEyes787
06-20-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't know nor remember anything about either the Bourne movie or Bourne TV show, and I was grouping myself with others on that.

They ripped off the Bourne movie from the Bourne TV miniseries with Richard Chamberlain.
They're very much alike except for the fact that one is good and one is utter shite.

redwhitevision
06-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Best one, in my opinion, is "Lie to me". I liked this show, it was different than all others existing right now.

Busyman
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Best one, in my opinion, is "Lie to me". I liked this show, it was different than all others existing right now.

I never watched it. A friend of mine loved it. Must get....

Artemis
06-20-2012, 12:06 PM
And, like, I don't even want one. :emo:

So can I mention my projector now? :naughty:

manker
06-20-2012, 01:38 PM
In the interests of fairness, I think you should all stop talking about projectors until I get one.

Snee
06-20-2012, 06:57 PM

So can I mention my projector now? :naughty:

Busyman
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
FUUUUUUUU!!!:angry:

I am thoroughly pissed about this show going off. I dunno why but it reminded me of The Wire (favorite show all-time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81RRN9tvl10

I normally don't like police procedurals either.

LemOnzoo
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Firefly www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

sd14
07-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Arrested Development

Darth Sushi
07-18-2012, 01:46 AM
House, M.D.

Busyman™
07-18-2012, 01:59 AM
House, M.D.

House kinda ran it's course.

IdolEyes787
07-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Strange Luck but then again I like Live.:unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVe7EGk2ia4

Also Tour of Duty even though it was sort of beginning to run out of steam,Briscoe County Jr.,Terriers, Freaks and Geeks,Sports Night,Wonderfalls,Q.E.D.

Busyman™
07-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Strange Luck but then again I like Live.:unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVe7EGk2ia4

Also Tour of Duty even though it was sort of beginning to run out of steam,Briscoe County Jr.,Terriers, Freaks and Geeks,Sports Night,Wonderfalls,Q.E.D.

I liked Strange Luck and still haven't seen Terriers.

I still have get in my obligatory pissed offness at Outcasts being canceled.:angry:

IdolEyes787
07-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Guys,TV shows are good source of the entertainment.....According to me entertainment is main part of our life....I think all people are watching TV show in leisure time...Nowadays, young generation are watching comedy TV shows.....These are my best TV shows for -Glee, Dexter, Friend etc..........

I just died a little when I read this.

nzbanon
05-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Probably not the best show but Men of a Certain Age was gone too soon.

Stehle
05-30-2013, 10:03 PM
My vote for both "Deadwood (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/)" & "Carnivŕle" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/) (Both were on HBO)

(They are sorely missed.) :alien:

norway
05-31-2013, 02:17 PM
think all porno and cartoons be cans, what u do?? panic looool:D

Ostap
06-04-2013, 10:41 AM
24 got cancelled/ best tv show ever

Busyman
08-15-2013, 01:05 AM

Not so fast....24: Live Another Day will be on May 2014.

pootystomp
08-15-2013, 03:23 AM

Not so fast....24: Live Another Day will be on May 2014.

Jesus Christ, that show was so fucked out.

piercerseth
08-15-2013, 05:49 AM
My vote for both "Deadwood (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/)"
All of Milch's shows get killed prematurely. Luck gets the axe, and poor Dennis Farina has no more reason to live. Though Justified is kind of like Deadwood 1.5. Sorta.

Mathea
08-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Heroes... With the hope they'd do better than that last season.

Stehle
08-15-2013, 03:26 PM
My vote for both "Deadwood (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/)"
... Though Justified is kind of like Deadwood 1.5. Sorta.
Agreed! :) Anything with Timothy Olyphant playing a marshal is a must see! :)

(Liked the movie "Crazies" too, but that's just me.) :alien:

blargrx
08-23-2013, 08:03 AM
A couple of my favorite shows that I wish got extended: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Life

flightman23
08-23-2013, 06:33 PM
My favorite that's gotten canceled is probably Veronica Mars or Heroes.. ;(

p2thareek
08-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Heroes and lost would be my choice.

Vestibule
08-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Heroes and lost would be my choice.

Yes, It was too bad they CANCELLED(?) Lost... especially after the disappointing final season series finale... I mean, they should have kept it going until Gilligan and the Skipper could figure out a way to get them off the island...:dry:

natedogg
08-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Happy endings, Don't trust the B in apartment 23, Bored to Death. All very funny and all cancelled too soon.

Chris11115
02-23-2014, 12:20 PM
The Forgotten, shame it only lasted a single season

Stehle
02-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Caprica ...added to my list.

(...not that it was all that great... but I wanted the BSG franchise to continue... {sniff} :cry:) :alien:

sald2290
02-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Happy endings! Decent show - ended up watching it on netflix. Cancelled after 3 seasons I think.

biko4710
02-24-2014, 01:58 AM
A couple of my favorite shows that I wish got extended: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Life

Yes... 'Life' was a nice show which should last longer.

Shalabi
02-24-2014, 03:22 AM
definitely community

topgunsix
05-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Awake on NBC.
Amazing show but only one season.
Requires a lot of thinking and so was probably too complicated for most Americans. I'm surprised it even got green lit in the first place.

IdolEyes787
05-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Awake on NBC.
Amazing show but only one season.
Requires a lot of thinking and so was probably too complicated for most Americans. I'm surprised it even got green lit in the first place.

There have been shows far more "complicated" than Awake.The real problem was that the show was poorly cast and had a plot that very few people cared about.

megabyteme
05-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Awake on NBC.

I believe that sentence contradicts itself.

Gribley
05-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Stargate SG-1 and SG Atlantis.

Old stuff then Sliders should of kept on sliding to many more infinite parallel universes (can you have 'many more' and infinite?)

Crusade (Babylon5 spin-off that had good potential) and the never made to series (TV film) and the 'Legend of the Rangers' film (again I am a B5 fan)

Earlier chap with Firefly also wasn`t wrong.

megabyteme
05-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Stargate SG-1 and SG Atlantis.

Old stuff then Sliders should of kept on sliding to many more infinite parallel universes (can you have 'many more' and infinite?)

Crusade (Babylon5 spin-off that had good potential) and the never made to series (TV film) and the 'Legend of the Rangers' film (again I am a B5 fan)

Earlier chap with Firefly also wasn`t wrong.

Something tells me you are a sci-fi fan. :D

I STRONGLY expect Netflix or Amazon will pick up the rights to continue Firefly. It has quite a bit of support from fans and the cast who all feel cheated by its canceling. Both companies are actively pursuing the production of such shows.

Also, what I saw of Sliders was pretty good.

IdolEyes787
05-03-2015, 05:39 PM

I'm at this point I'm going to call you mad and suggest Quantum Leap instead.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/quantum-leap/22242/top-10-quantum-leap-episodes

megabyteme
05-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Quantum Leap

Great show.

liveon2legs
05-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Rome?

j0ckinjz
05-15-2015, 08:07 PM
I always thought Blue Mountain State was hilarious, but maybe it's not for everyone.

IdolEyes787
05-15-2015, 08:09 PM
The problem with a show like Blue Mountain State is that being on network TV it can't be nearly as profane as it needs to be.

I always thought Blue Mountain State was hilarious, but maybe it's not for everyone.

This is also another one of those "ten posts and I'll never be heard from again" things I've been sucked into isn't it?:frusty:

Bertik
05-16-2015, 01:59 AM
I liked the TV show where everyone woke up in a hotel room and the main characters
tried to escape the small city. There was some sort of an electric shield around the
place.

It only ran for one season but the preview of the second season showed showed then
transported to a large tanker underway.

- Bert

megabyteme
05-16-2015, 03:16 AM
I liked the TV show where everyone woke up in a hotel room and the main characters
tried to escape the small city. There was some sort of an electric shield around the
place.

It only ran for one season but the preview of the second season showed showed then

- Bert

Googling your post led to Persons Unknown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persons_Unknown_%28TV_series%29). I'm guessing that's it.

Gribley
05-16-2015, 01:11 PM
place.

- Bert

Googling your post led to Persons Unknown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persons_Unknown_%28TV_series%29). I'm guessing that's it.

But at least they had free Chinese food. OK the sonic boundary/blow your head off was a downer but free Chinese!

There was some Australian (I think) show that how some weird alien fish things in the water that started to talk to a couple of kids.... (13 eps and got canned from memory). So vague I can`t even find this on google with the gibberish I'm spouting. It did exist I promise.... (maybe - could be my delusion)

sl33ker
12-09-2015, 02:40 PM
my short list:
Better Off Ted - amazing comedy and seems a follow up Andy Richter Saves the Universe....same guy behind both but BOT was much better.
The Good Guys - buddy cop action/comedy. Bradley Whitford was great!
Keen Eddie
Human Target - Fox f'ed up the 2nd season by including more (unnecessary & female) characters
Pushing Daisies
Dead Like Me

and the most recent cancellation that has me gutted - Never Mind the Buzzcocks. 28 series but still feels too soon.

shaina
12-13-2015, 06:29 AM
Rules Of Engagement :cry1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jGLjZB6Rn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85u4HSe0Sxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYD23hE3S1A

IdolEyes787
12-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Still doesn't make up for The Tick.

my short list:
Better Off Ted - amazing comedy and seems a follow up Andy Richter Saves the Universe....same guy behind both but BOT was much better.
The Good Guys - buddy cop action/comedy. Bradley Whitford was great!
Keen Eddie
Human Target - Fox f'ed up the 2nd season by including more (unnecessary & female) characters
Pushing Daisies
Dead Like Me

and the most recent cancellation that has me gutted - Never Mind the Buzzcocks. 28 series but still feels too soon.

Most suffered the fate from trying to force feed people quirkiness except for Human Target which was just not very good.

I really enjoyed Keen Eddie in small doses though.

shaina
12-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Still doesn't make up for The Tick.

HUH??:idunno:

IdolEyes787
12-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Patrick Warburton was funny in those clips which I didn't bother to watch but let's both pretend that I did but the TV show that he starred in called The Tick sucked.

Actually it didn't suck but never let reality stand in the way of a good joke.

Or a joke.

OK, maybe an attempt at a joke..

shaina
12-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Sorry i didn't know about that tv series....I just looked it up and it had 2 seasons which i am downloading as i type:)

It is either Patrick Warburton's voice, or his way of acting just makes me laugh:D

Edit one season...my bad

IdolEyes787
12-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Edit: Nine episodes.You're real bad.

shaina
12-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Edit: Nine episodes.You're real bad.

You are right Idol...That would be one season:whistling.. Ok a short one..

Looks like the series had a huge filming budget :unsure:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/30/6086391/the-tick-with-patrick-warburton-getting-an-amazon-pilot

billie
01-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Carnivale

huhwat00
02-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Space: Above and Beyond, Serenity, and the 4400.

IdolEyes787
02-09-2016, 01:50 PM
It may of been cancelled because it was actually called Firefly.Serenity was the movie.

Love parts of Space:Above and Beyond but it got mostly bad pretty quickly which may explain why it only lasted half a season.

mjmacky
02-10-2016, 01:35 AM
Damn I really loved the 4400. I never got to find out what Jesus would do.

Lloydsinfra
02-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Hello all.......drive and henamontena got cancelled ,,,,,it was my favorite tv shows.......:(

parentr2186
05-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Undergrads and Clone high, both only got one season, both deserved more.

johnjohnson
06-02-2016, 12:42 AM
"Constantine" seemed promising. And I was also really bummed out about "Heroes Reborn's" cancellation.
"Method & Red" and "Journeyman" is also a shows worth mentioning.

anon
06-02-2016, 02:26 AM
I liked Revolution.

Gribley
06-02-2016, 07:28 AM
I liked Revolution.
As did I. Was just getting interesting with the nano-bots swarming.... and then it was gone :(

reingrit
06-21-2016, 11:59 PM
I agree, Constantine seemed promising.

ilscuro
06-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Flash forward

Bad Samaritan
07-02-2016, 03:25 AM
HBO's Vinyl, cancelled after only 1 season.

pcsf
10-01-2016, 12:13 PM
I enjoyed The4400. Ended on a cliffhanger too.:frusty: Watched it with my GF. Goodtimes:happy:

sl33ker
10-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Better off Ted - 2 seasons but it felt like there was still some good comedy left in that writers group.
The Good Guys - 1 season action, buddy cop show. So fun to watch.
Human Target - Fox royally screwed up the show formula in the 2nd season with the introduction of the extended crew (namely the ladies). Completely unnecessary and ruined the show. No wonder it was canceled.
The Lost Room - probably could have wrung a couple more seasons of it.
Persons Unknown - (minor spoiler follows) not a terrific show, but I thought deserving of another season just to maybe explain the program a bit more.

saftone
11-15-2016, 10:28 AM
The show 'Forever' was cancelled after season 1. This made me sad.

docmancini
10-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Wonderfalls by Bryan Fuller (Pushing Daisies, Hannibal...) The story was cute and all but the cinematography is what makes it great.

KillerMoth
11-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Chuck

winderclown
11-06-2017, 05:54 AM
Tales From the Crypt should be brought back.

Gorthman
11-11-2017, 03:24 PM
It's a shame that Marco Polo got canceled.

nQQ
11-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Chuck I really enjoyed Chuck, but not sure it could have continued - I mean the whole idea about Chuck been inept except had this database in his head by the end was more him a regular spy, so the premise for the series had gone.

jsbach
12-30-2017, 12:37 AM
I am going to go on a slight tangent and go with The Wild Wild West starring Robert Conrad. It only got four seasons as I remember and was one of the better and last, pseudo non-violent shows airing before the violence ratings garbage of the early 70's turned Six Million Dollar Man into too violent for kids.

LTrain
12-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Arrested Development

IdolEyes787
12-30-2017, 10:09 PM
I am going to go on a slight tangent and go with The Wild Wild West starring Robert Conrad. It only got four seasons as I remember and was one of the better and last, pseudo non-violent shows airing before the violence ratings garbage of the early 70's turned Six Million Dollar Man into too violent for kids.

With all due respect to Peter Dinklage, Michael Dunn is still the most talented dwarf to ever appear on TV.

megabyteme
12-31-2017, 04:27 AM

With all due respect to Peter Dinklage, Michael Dunn is still the most talented dwarf to ever appear on TV.

Have you ever considered turning off the color on your television? I think you'd enjoy the shows more. :yup:

IdolEyes787
12-31-2017, 07:31 PM
Have you ever considered turning off the color on your television? I think you'd enjoy the shows more. :yup:

Besides the obvious "what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?", that wouldn't have any effect as I basically see the World in black and white already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

Wam7
01-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Arrested DevelopmentI second that.

MacGyverSG1
01-30-2018, 07:08 AM
I was pissed when "John Doe" was canceled. At least finish the show with some closure. Do a movie to wrap things up.

The same thing with "Huff". What a great show, canceled with season 2 ending with a cliffhanger. The acting was great, the story was great. And it doesn't hurt to see Paget Brewster in panties (in her prime).

Quantum Leap, Deadwood, Dead Like Me, Carnivale, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Heroes, Reaper, The Unit (insert joke here), Moonlight, Tru Calling, The Oblongs, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Surface

ryansege
03-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Right now I really hope that Rick and Morty Season 4 gets confirmed.. Fingers crossed!

MacGyverSG1
03-23-2018, 05:19 PM
Right now I really hope that Rick and Morty Season 4 gets confirmed.. Fingers crossed!

I just read that Dan said it's up in the air right now. If season 4 does happen, don't expect to see it any time soon. At least the show is only a cartoon and didn't end with a cliffhanger.

arena
04-19-2018, 05:22 PM
Covert Affairs

mrsardonicus
04-22-2018, 03:48 PM
I also wanted to see more of John Doe. Complete cliffhanger ending. Talk about a knife in the back from Digger.
Forever was the best for me when it came out. Still missing it. At least they kind of bookended it with Ioan Gruffuud saying "it's a long story" at the start of the first episode and in the last when he is about to tell his partner that he is immortal.
The Visitor was a bit of a mess but I liked the lead John Corbitt and it was still sci-fi and that beats a cop,lawyer,or doctor show for me any day of the week.

Ihino
03-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Rubicon was a pretty great show at the time.

laststop
03-15-2020, 03:09 AM
Firefly