PDA

View Full Version : Frugal Usenet - $3.99 unlimited

citycfai
06-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Frugal Usenet - $3.99 unlimited monthly subscription

http://frugalusenet.com/bestsale.html

johhny
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
- 300(!) Days Retention. Lets Face It, Do You Really Need More Than That?

Hahaha

Hole69
06-23-2012, 01:04 AM
300 isn't enough for me. I frequently dip into 400-1200 day posts. And really, an extra $4 a month for over 3x the retention won't break your wallet.

hdjunky
06-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Service works great been using since they started. I keep a block account set as backup for anything over 300 days I need but that is rare since I'm using usenet just about every day.

mjmacky
06-23-2012, 04:25 AM
Service works great been using since they started. I keep a block account set as backup for anything over 300 days I need but that is rare since I'm using usenet just about every day.

It's not just about the daily postings, interest in retention is more about something that was posted awhile ago, but you only find yourself discovering it at a much later date.

hdjunky
06-23-2012, 05:09 AM

It's not just about the daily postings, interest in retention is more about something that was posted awhile ago, but you only find yourself discovering it at a much later date.
Yea I suppose..but it all comes down to individual usage I guess. There is plenty of options to go with this. Usually its a block account for backup but I did get a full season of something awhile back and I just got a week long unlimited account and shot gunned it for everything older than 300 that I even thought I might need. I pegged my monthly usenet cost at 5.50 per month with this and a block account but now with this new price it is down to about 4.25 all things considered. To each there own though.

citycfai
06-23-2012, 06:21 AM
...May be I overkill...

I have Supernews + Frugal Usenet (since it's $3.99 - very cheap)... my speed is max around 13M...
...in my previous post, I found ngr blog "useless"... I thought I will be brave to try things out myself... and not trusting review site anymore... and get opinion from FST...

Malcontent
06-25-2012, 09:16 PM
The $3.99 a month deal has ended.

Frugal now has lowered their normal prices to $4.99 a month or $50 a year for unlimited.

Stabber
06-26-2012, 09:38 AM
ipv6 xsnews has 800+ retention and it's free

binload has more than 400 days retention ;)

hdjunky
06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
ipv6 xsnews has 800+ retention and it's free

binload has more than 400 days retention ;)

neither of those could be here tomorrow nor do i want to connect in a round about way (ipv6 setup just for usenet) nor am i a bottom feeder. :D

MegaPain
05-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone joined Frugal Usenet recently? The last post I see is from June 2012 so I thought I'd ask. I am thinking about switching to this provider, but would like to know if DMCA takedown is as bad as Usenetserver which is the provider that I am currently with.

hdjunky
05-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone joined Frugal Usenet recently? The last post I see is from June 2012 so I thought I'd ask. I am thinking about switching to this provider, but would like to know if DMCA takedown is as bad as Usenetserver which is the provider that I am currently with.

i am still using them with no problems. they all have dmca bs going on but i dont mess around and get my stuff on a regular basis so it works out plus it is dirt cheap. im sure if i waited awhile i would be out of luck but i dont.

MegaPain
05-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks hdjunky. I will try them out once my unsenetserver expires in a couple of months.

unoriginal
05-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone joined Frugal Usenet recently? The last post I see is from June 2012 so I thought I'd ask.
When FST went offline recently the last working backup was from early August of last year. So you may see lots of threads where the most recently activity is from the middle of 2012.

I am thinking about switching to this provider, but would like to know if DMCA takedown is as bad as Usenetserver which is the provider that I am currently with.

I'm signed up with Usenetnow which is same as Frugal, just with a longer retention time. I combine this with a NL based server and can get just about anything that I want to. For $4/mo its hard to wrong with them.

MegaPain
05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
That makes sense with regards to the last backup when FST went down. Thanks for your reply "unoriginal". I will be trying out Frugal since I don't really need that long a retention.