PDA

View Full Version : Ethiopa censorship extending to FST

TheFoX
06-24-2012, 11:09 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1685-Use-Skype-in-Ethiopia-and-get-15-years-in-prison

Why is it that if an Ethiopian can get up to 15 years for using Skype, and we don't get the chance to comment on this article.

Are the staff at FST worried that the Ethiopian government might be offended should we comment about this breach of their human rights?

manker
06-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I can comment on it fine.

A few other users were having an issue with commenting upon news posts recently and made a thread about it in here.
There may be useful info for you there if you have a look. If not, report back and I'll look into it in a less half-arsed manner.

anon
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Ctrl+F5 should do the job for everyone whose browser cache is still stale.

mjmacky
06-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Actually, I've been trying to make a habit out of commenting first through the subforum (vbcomments) to enable more comments (as has Meg). It doesn't work from the article page until one comment has already been posted.

manker
06-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Actually, I've been trying to make a habit out of commenting first through the subforum (vbcomments) to enable more comments (as has Meg). It doesn't work from the article page until one comment has already been posted.My test comment was through the article page.

There's clearly a problem for some users, though, as you say, since it looks like The FoX couldn't comment until I did.

mjmacky
06-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Actually, I've been trying to make a habit out of commenting first through the subforum (vbcomments) to enable more comments (as has Meg). It doesn't work from the article page until one comment has already been posted.My test comment was through the article page.

There's clearly a problem for some users, though, as you say, since it looks like The FoX couldn't comment until I did.

Maybe it's an issue for all regular users. As Tesco has experienced in the past, there's probably a permissions file he needs to fuck with to get it back to normal.

manker
07-05-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm getting the problem now where I can't comment through the article page, only from the vbcomments subforum.
It only started a couple of days ago. The comments box on the article page is whited out.

It is fixed when someone replies. Hence my test posts.

Any ideas, tesco?

manker
07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
It's working today :blink:

tesco
07-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I think I found the issue causing this and the other issues people had with posting, and bbcodes, going to work on the fix soon.

manker
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Nice one :]

tesco
07-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Is this fixed?
Do a few refreshes to make sure you've got the latest JS files.

manker
07-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Well it's fixed for me, but then it always worked sporadically anyway.

Need some more feedback from other users ... .

mjmacky
07-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Is this fixed?
Do a few refreshes to make sure you've got the latest JS files.

Was not working, just had to open a new article's comment section through vbcomments.

tesco
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
How about after this upgrade?

mjmacky
07-08-2012, 10:31 AM
How about after this upgrade?

I will test, but really can't try until a new article is published and has no comments.

Artemis
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I justed tested this on the new news post by Cabalo (the Windows 8 RTM post). I am the first poster and it all worked fine, so everything seems back to normal thanks Tesco.