PDA

View Full Version : 10 years ago

Adster
06-25-2012, 04:32 AM
So 10 years ago I found this forum I was only not quite 21 years old, on the good old dial up didn't have what they call a mobile phone let alone smart phone today Torrents didn't exist Kazza Lite. was the big thing the old AMD computer processor with a brand new XP was just new

what were you doing on this day 10 years ago?

megabyteme
06-25-2012, 05:19 AM
So 10 years ago I found this forum I was only not quite 21 years old, on the good old dial up didn't have what they call a mobile phone let alone smart phone today Torrents didn't exist Kazza Lite. was the big thing the old AMD computer processor with a brand new XP was just new

what were you doing on this day 10 years ago?

I see nothing has changed someone delete about 200 posts of me and HMPL in musicworld today so this place can go fuck off I don't care anymore

Irony anyone?

Don't know you, but this was the first post in your history. Looks a bit like you changed your mind. :D

Adster
06-25-2012, 05:25 AM
I see nothing has changed someone delete about 200 posts of me and HMPL in musicworld today so this place can go fuck off I don't care anymore

Irony anyone?

Don't know you, but this was the first post in your history. Looks a bit like you changed your mind. :D

haha yeah you know honestly its embarrassing reading back on some of my old posts, and I can't remember about 3/4 of them. was just an attention seeking whore back then.

Artemis
06-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Irony anyone?

haha yeah you know honestly its embarrassing reading back on some of my old posts, and I can't remember about 3/4 of them. was just an attention seeking whore back then.

Read up on Meg's history, he has been a colourful addition himself, including one current (unstable) member, and one serially banned (deeply unstable) member who have publicly issued death threats against our hero. :blink:

Barbarossa
06-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Join Date Jul 2003
:blink:

It's still 2012 right, I didn't sleep through the Olympics and the apocalypse :unsure:

Also if you can't remember 3/4 of your posts, that implies you remember nearly 3000 of them, that's pretty impressive, mang.

manker
06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Arithmetic: it's not for Australians :smilie4:

Snee
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
What's a year, really? I mean in the big picture sort of thing.

Darth Sushi
06-25-2012, 10:06 PM
My 1st PC was a commodore-64 so you're not that old.

Adster
06-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Join Date Jul 2003
:blink:

It's still 2012 right, I didn't sleep through the Olympics and the apocalypse :unsure:

Also if you can't remember 3/4 of your posts, that implies you remember nearly 3000 of them, that's pretty impressive, mang.

yeah you don't remember my orignal name? you don't remember adthomp? hahaha! the name later got changed to Ad and I requested it be banned, and then this account was created a year later well adthomp had about 5k posts too (most drivel and spam)

Adster
06-25-2012, 11:59 PM

I had a C64 too they were great in their time! I remember the Atari too

hungrylilboy
06-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I had a bicycle. A small bicycle.

Adster
06-26-2012, 12:24 AM
hmm I have not been on a bike in 15 years wow the mid 90s were great! the last era of good music too it all went downhill after 1995 and the grunge era ended.

Adster
06-26-2012, 12:28 AM
I am trying to remember the orignally Mods

the Admin was Paul and some other guy with brackets in his name (someone refresh my memory??)

Mods
Jejte
Bender
NikkiD

and I can't remember who the fuck the 4th one was I know Lamsey the pommy or was he Scottish? was a mod later on

megabyteme
06-26-2012, 01:55 AM

Yes, fond memories of the C-64, and the ColecoVision with the expansion pack that emulated the Atari. :happy:

Darth Sushi
06-26-2012, 02:29 AM

the Admin was Paul and some other guy with brackets in his name (someone refresh my memory??)

Mods
Jejte
Bender
NikkiD

and I can't remember who the fuck the 4th one was I know Lamsey the pommy or was he Scottish? was a mod later on

Paul, {I}{K}{E}, FC (for one day with 6-stars!)

Adster
06-26-2012, 02:47 AM

Mods
Jejte
Bender
NikkiD

I remember IKE but he wasn't the orignal Admin, ahhhh its gonna drive me crazy now trying to remember the name

Adster
06-26-2012, 02:53 AM

Yes, fond memories of the C-64, and the ColecoVision with the expansion pack that emulated the Atari. :happy:

The good old days of waiting 20 mins for a game to boot up, or accidently hitting the format command and fucking the disk up

Darth Sushi
06-26-2012, 03:18 AM

I remember IKE but he wasn't the orignal Admin, ahhhh its gonna drive me crazy now trying to remember the name

I think VB and Paul were the original co-founders. I think anon and tralalala also sounds familiar but I'm not sure.

megabyteme
06-26-2012, 03:21 AM

The good old days of waiting 20 mins for a game to boot up, or accidently hitting the format command and fucking the disk up

Don't forget being able to double your disk capacity by punching a tab hole in the other side. :sly:

Adster
06-26-2012, 03:23 AM

I think VB and Paul were the original co-founders. I think anon and tralalala also sounds familiar but I'm not sure.

VB thats it!!!! how could I forget that, it's also a brand of a beer name here (tastes like shit)

Adster
06-26-2012, 03:27 AM

Don't forget being able to double your disk capacity by punching a tab hole in the other side. :sly:

and they were able to stop us pirates better in those days remmeber some games came in that maroon coloured paper with codes on it that we could hardly read? the game would come up asking for a random code to start it, no net in those days to get cracks actually had to pay for games!!! ahhhhhhhh!!

load "*",8,1 still remember it!

Darth Sushi
06-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Also Corner Pocket, El Jefre, Guitar Slinger, Magicnakor, Pol, Rat Faced, Rip The Jacker, RPerry, BOT...man I'm carbon-dating myself.

Adster
06-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Also Corner Pocket, El Jefre, Guitar Slinger, Magicnakor, Pol, Rat Faced, Rip The Jacker, RPerry, BOT...man I'm carbon-dating myself.

Corner Pocket that was the other orignal mod I was trying to remember and rat faced.

I rememeber the soulseek room we used to have and the mods would come and lurk in there to see what me FC and others were planning and getting up to with spamming here

anyway I think I am back on this forum now it was my first ever forum the only 2 people form here I still have had contact in today latley has been mathea and musicmaster

megabyteme
06-26-2012, 05:05 AM

and they were able to stop us pirates better in those days remmeber some games came in that maroon coloured paper with codes on it that we could hardly read? the game would come up asking for a random code to start it, no net in those days to get cracks actually had to pay for games!!! ahhhhhhhh!!

load "*",8,1 still remember it!

And bad sectors that would beat the F@&K out of the floppy drive. :lol:

enoughfakefiles
06-26-2012, 07:36 PM

Mods
Jejte
Bender
NikkiD

/banned

Adster
06-26-2012, 11:36 PM

Mods
Jejte
Bender
NikkiD

/banned

:lol::lol:

adamlisit
06-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Took me out happy to read this comment. You are really blow job, things are happen in the world elegant nice post . Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Snee
06-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Sorry, but no amount of babelfsh can fuck a post that hard. Tone it down for believability.

Adster
06-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Took me out happy to read this comment. You are really blow job, things are happen in the world elegant nice post . Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

:blink::huh:

clocker
06-29-2012, 03:14 AM
VB thats it!!!! how could I forget that, it's also a brand of a beer name here (tastes like shit)
VB went through many incarnations, dared people to guess its gender. T'was an early hardware world god but not a co-founder, I don't think.
Magicnakor really lived in the Shire.

Seems like lots of the early folk knew each other in real life, romantic tensions/entanglements abounded.
JP was exactly the same then as now, j2 has simplified his vocabulary.

I was most impressed with the music pirates, what with dialup and Kazaa it could take hours just to get a single song and they were amassing exhaustive collections of albums.
Remember on Kazaa how you could chat with the person you were downloading from?
I once spent the better part of a night talking to a gay transvestite from Moscow...I can't even remember what file I was stealing.

It was pretty weird back then.

mjmacky
06-29-2012, 03:26 AM
I don't know, I kind of liked it. I would like to see blow job break free from its prior grammatical restrictions.

RPerry
06-29-2012, 05:57 AM
VB thats it!!!! how could I forget that, it's also a brand of a beer name here (tastes like shit) VB went through many incarnations, dared people to guess its gender. T'was an early hardware world god but not a co-founder, I don't think. Magicnakor really lived in the Shire. Seems like lots of the early folk knew each other in real life, romantic tensions/entanglements abounded. JP was exactly the same then as now, j2 has simplified his vocabulary. I was most impressed with the music pirates, what with dialup and Kazaa it could take hours just to get a single song and they were amassing exhaustive collections of albums. Remember on Kazaa how you could chat with the person you were downloading from? I once spent the better part of a night talking to a gay transvestite from Moscow...I can't even remember what file I was stealing. It was pretty weird back then. Wrong VB there clocker. VB was indeed one of the co founders, you're remembering VB1234, Somebody1234, Nobody1234....

manker
06-29-2012, 08:04 AM
I've got this mental idea that Virtualbody1234's mother stopped slipping him her hrt tablets, this meant he stopped crying each time someone cursed and reporting people for being mean. He took a break, developed a sense of humour and and then came back as Idol.

There are a lot of similarities ... but it couldn't be true, could it :eyebrows:

clocker
06-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Wrong VB there clocker. VB was indeed one of the co founders, you're remembering VB1234, Somebody1234, Nobody1234....
Oh, OK.
Fortunately, "standing corrected" is my normal posture.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
06-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Wu Tang!!!!!1

Darth Sushi
06-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Magicnakor really lived in the Shire....

I once spent the better part of a night talking to a gay transvestite from Moscow...I can't even remember what file I was stealing....

It was pretty weird back then.

LOL those were the days. I remember when a 12,000 bps modem (300bps actual speed used by ISPs) was current and downloading pr0n took forever. 30 minutes of DL pr0n you get a pretty face with partial breasts. Almost an hour DL, you're finally about to see the money shot and it turns out to be a HE/SHE with a penis bigger than yours! I still need therapy for so many frustrated pr0n DLs!

Likvid
06-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I started with Atari 400 back in the early 80's, then Vic20 and later C64 and moved directly from C64 to a Dell Pentium 90MHz with my first internet dialup connection in 1995.

clocker
07-01-2012, 02:45 AM
I still need therapy for so many frustrated pr0n DLs!
Yup, it was hard work being a pervert back then.

Adster
07-01-2012, 04:39 AM
amazing thing was Aust is that far behind the rest of the world with the internet its not funny the speed I am getting now you guys would have had 10 years ago, I would cheer if my dial up modem would get to 5k it was amazing when it did not only was I downloading songs which took 1 hour each I was posting like crazy on here!