PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in Olympic Game?

Desiree
06-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Are you interested in Olympic Game? Which opening do you like ? And which sport are you interested in?

London 2012 Olympics is stepping closer.

I appreciate the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games Opening.It is amazing.

How about you ?

DeteriumRosa
06-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm mostly interested in 100 and 400m races. Does Ussain Bolt participates this time?

manker
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm mostly interested in 100 and 400m races. Does Usain Bolt participates this time?
:eyebrows:

One would imagine so.

I'm particularly interested in the ski-boxing this time around.

IdolEyes787
06-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm mostly interested in 100 and 400m races. Does Usain Bolt participates this time?

One would imagine so.

I'm particularly interested in the ski-boxing this time around.

They're adding rugby 7's and golf for the 2016 Games becasue it's in Rio and as we all know as opposed to the British , Brazilians are big on the rugby and golf.

I'm mostly interested in 100 and 400m races. Does Ussain Bolt participates this time?

I hate the overwhelming amount of coverage that the sprints get because it's more about genetics than training or commitment.
I also watched a bit of the U.S. Trials this past weekend and every other winner seemed to be all "Praise God" ,"God had a plan for me" bullshit.

Fuckwits fail to realize what they were really saying was "Gee God likes me better than you losers".

NationalLampoo
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
I am looking forward to pole vault. It is my favourite.

IdolEyes787
06-26-2012, 12:12 PM

In an effort to make this thread interesting to anyone who isn't ghey.

Funkin'
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
To be the thing wedged between those cheeks...

Anyways basketball is all I really care about when it comes to the Olympics. NBATV ran a special on The Dream Team a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. I still remember watching all the games when I was a kid, but it was really cool to see all that inside shit.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2012, 08:54 PM

Anyways basketball is all I really care about when it comes to the Olympics. NBATV ran a special on The Dream Team a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. I still remember watching all the games when I was a kid, but it was really cool to see all that inside shit.

Strangely "the Dream Team" is what I find to be the worst thing about the Olympics.

A bunch of disinterested millionaires who are looking for another ego boost as if they needed yet another one .

Remember the Abebe Bilkila (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abebe_Bikila) or Derek Redmond (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFKpZnok10s) ? No of course you don't because you only watch shite sports on TV.

Christ this sucks on an epic level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68mw8AE9l_g

manker
06-29-2012, 07:37 AM
I remember the Derek Redmond thing. I was barely into my teens and I thought, at the time, it was fucking stupid. I went to school the next day (or on the Monday I think it was) and told my mates that I thought it was fucking stupid. They all agreed. My dad agreed, too. Pretty much everyone I talked to agreed that it was ridiculous.

Of course, now I'm much older and wiser I still think it's fucking stupid. It's the 400 metres and it wasn't even the final.
If he'd run 25.5 miles of a marathon, yeah finish it. If he'd almost completed a triathlon or was in the closing stages of a decathlon - then yeah.

Your dad helping you 'run' the last 200 metres of a 400 metre race - when you'd already ran one to qualify the previous day is just embarrassing for everyone involved and I bet he wished he'd never done it. Privately, of course. The big girl.

He still has 'DNF' on his record for that year, too.

redwhitevision
06-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Boxing, don't have a favorite, just for the fun of it, also, didn't think of it before but since you guys mentioned it maybe races too.
Obviously football too, although I don't really expect to see something spectacular, still worth watching i believe.

Anyway, still one month away, most of us probably have other priorities until then.

IdolEyes787
06-29-2012, 12:06 PM
I remember the Derek Redmond thing. I was barely into my teens and I thought, at the time, it was fucking stupid. I went to school the next day (or on the Monday I think it was) and told my mates that I thought it was fucking stupid. They all agreed. My dad agreed, too. Pretty much everyone I talked to agreed that it was ridiculous.

Of course, now I'm much older and wiser I still think it's fucking stupid. It's the 400 metres and it wasn't even the final.
If he'd run 25.5 miles of a marathon, yeah finish it. If he'd almost completed a triathlon or was in the closing stages of a decathlon - then yeah.

Your dad helping you 'run' the last 200 metres of a 400 metre race - when you'd already ran one to qualify the previous day is just embarrassing for everyone involved and I bet he wished he'd never done it. Privately, of course. The big girl.

He still has 'DNF' on his record for that year, too.

What you and you snide compatriots seem not to recognize is that for Redmond that was not simply a 400 metre semi-final but that was for him ,his life lying irrevocably broken on that track.
In that moment of utmost despair he did probably what he thought (at the time) the only meaningful thing possible ,he finished the race.

It may have outwardly been very "stupid" but I pretty certain that the motivation wasn't for glory or "Oh I bet I can work a shoe sponsorship deal out of it" so it was actually a demonstration of what lies at the true heart of sport.

Boxing, don't have a favorite, just for the fun of it, also, didn't think of it before but since you guys mentioned it maybe races too.
Obviously football too, although I don't really expect to see something spectacular, still worth watching i believe.

Anyway, still one month away, most of us probably have other priorities until then.

Watching the Olympics for something that you are saturated with on a daily basis seems sort of silly.

I'm not suggesting you watch handball but having the rare opportunity to experience something new , why the fuck wouldn't you?

manker
06-29-2012, 12:26 PM
What you and you snide compatriots seem not to recognize is that for Redmond that was not simply a 400 metre semi-final but that was for him ,his life lying irrevocably broken on that track.
In that moment of utmost despair he did probably what he thought (at the time) the only meaningful thing possible ,he finished the race.

It may have outwardly been very "stupid" but I pretty certain that the motivation wasn't for glory or "Oh I bet I can work a shoe sponsorship deal out of it" so it was actually a demonstration of what lies at the true heart of sport.
What it definitely wasn't is what lies at the true heart of sport. Whatever the jebus h. motherfuck that means.
Sport is about is fair competition, he clearly wasn't going to qualify and no matter how distraught he was, he knew he wasn't competing by continuing.

Hundreds of competitors have injured themselves in attempting to qualify for an Olympic final (or other prestigious event) and of those hundreds, hundreds would have trained just as hard and made as many sacrifices as Redmond did - yet they didn't cry on the track and shamble for what seemed like an eternity toward the finish line, their dad didn't come down to help them - they retired with dignity to the locker-room and probably had a few tears there because their 'whole life', as you put it, was in shards because of a torn muscle fibre.

I mean, surely you aren't suggesting that he cared more than other people or that competitors who found themselves in a similar position should have also cried and finished the race. With their dad. Perhaps you think Derek is more of a sportsman.

What I'm getting at is that it's nothing to do with this esoteric 'Olympic Spirit', it's more to do with Derek Redmond inventing emo.

IdolEyes787
06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Sport is about trying to do your best hence existence of term "non-competitive sport".

manker
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Sport is about trying to do your best hence existence of term "non-competitive sport".That's just exercise.
Sport is all about competition. If there is no competition involved, it isn't sport.

Trying to do your best is an absolute given at any top level sport. It's the winning (or glorious failure) which derives from the competition and which lies at the true heart of sport.
I still don't really know what that means, btw. Derek might.

IdolEyes787
06-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Trying to do your best is an absolute given at any top level sport. It's the winning (or glorious failure) which derives from the competition and which lies at the true heart of sport.
I still don't really know what that means, btw. Derek might.

Weirdly I was going to say something about "glorious failure". Some of my fondest memories are of glorious failure. There can be glory in defeat same as there can be ignominy in victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDsjcwfixUM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDsjcwfixUM)

Either you get it or you don't.That's why professional sport where the only thing that matters ,besides being profitable , is "winning" is often so underwhelming.

manker
06-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Yes of course I get that. What Donald Sutherland said there about how you compete being more important than winning is a reason why I put sport being all about fair competition, rather than simple competition.
Glorious failure is a thing I've taken solace in much, much more often than I've revelled vicariously in a win.

I just don't think what Derek did was anything to do with any of that or anything even to do with sport. He was just being a bit of an emotional twat.

redwhitevision
06-29-2012, 10:21 PM

Watching the Olympics for something that you are saturated with on a daily basis seems sort of silly.

I'm not suggesting you watch handball but having the rare opportunity to experience something new , why the fuck wouldn't you?

That's why I said it's a bit too early for an objective answer since there's still one month ahead. I'm facing more the problem amount of time available at that point in time and since I'm a bit not sure about my priorities yet, the first that came in my mind were the sports I'm usually interested in outside the competition. Still I see your point, will try to keep it in mind.

Busyman
07-10-2012, 05:41 AM

In an effort to make this thread interesting to anyone who isn't ghey.

Needs some hips. Jeez.

---------

Anyway, looking forward to USA Basketball!!

manker
07-10-2012, 08:40 AM
She has hips. They just aren't covered with fat.
Anyway, your opinion doesn't and can't count when there are post regarding female aesthetics because you think Serena Williams is hotter than Maria Sharapova.

You're obviously just out to troll us god-fearing female form worshippers.

Busyman
07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
She has hips. They just aren't covered with fat.
Anyway, your opinion doesn't and can't count when there are post regarding female aesthetics because you think Serena Williams is hotter than Maria Sharapova.

You're obviously just out to troll us god-fearing female form worshippers.

To be fair, Serena doesn't have big hips either. Just a big backside.

The volleyball chick has the hips of a boy then.:mellow:

Unfortunately, the web has been reduced to photoshopping women to look like the women I like.

Example

I have noticed there has been an effort to do this with white women, mostly.

As far as Sharapova, I wouldn't kick her out of my bed but she doesn't make me ogle either. She's ho-hum.

I like small waist, thick hips, nice backside, at least a handful up-top. Fat in there? Ok, just hold the cheese.:yup:

When you see women like in the pic above IRL, it puts chicks like Sharapova to shame.

Busyman
07-15-2012, 03:16 PM

Strangely "the Dream Team" is what I find to be the worst thing about the Olympics.

A bunch of disinterested millionaires who are looking for another ego boost as if they needed yet another one .

Millionaires that don't have to give a flying fuck about playing or risking their careers playing.

The original Dream Team helped make basketball the fastest growing sport in teh hole wide wuld.

Anyway, I'm most interested in the basketball as well. I like the game. All the other stuff is irrelevant.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Millionaires that don't have to give a flying fuck about playing or risking their careers playing.

The original Dream Team helped make basketball the fastest growing sport in teh hole wide wuld.

Anyway, I'm most interested in the basketball as well. I like the game. All the other stuff is irrelevant.

They "risk" their careers more by practicing or going out to clubs with people who carry guns or just crossing the street so I don't see your point.

For men lacrosse is the fasting growing sport in the US and for women roller derby so I don't see your point.

Now you are just being silly in your attempts to disagree with everything I say:stalker:.

It's perfectly understandable to favour some events over others but to say anything you don't appreciate/don't understand is irrelevant borders on childish.

Anyway the Olympics are thankfully formed by the performances not by preconceptions and prejudices.

Those hips just caused me to throw up in my mouth a little.

manker
07-15-2012, 05:22 PM
At least you don't like Serena any more. She was okay when she was like 17 or something, but she matured ugly.
How about posting a real pic of a woman with a whole face that you think is sexy, you might be redeemable now you've renounced the Williams.

I can't really get past the weird bulging fupa type thing in the shorts of the girl in the pic. It looks as if it might be a small cock replete with tiny bawls.
Tits look great but I can't really say anything else positive about that monstrosity.

Busyman
07-15-2012, 06:57 PM
They "risk" their careers more by practicing or going out to clubs with people who carry guns or just crossing the street so I don't see your point.

For men lacrosse is the fasting growing sport in the US and for women roller derby so I don't see your point.

Now you are just being silly in your attempts to disagree with everything I say:stalker:.

It's perfectly understandable to favour some events over others but to say anything you don't appreciate/don't understand is irrelevant borders on childish.

Anyway the Olympics are thankfully formed by the performances not by preconceptions and prejudices.

Those hips just caused me to throw up in my mouth a little.

First off, I don't care to disagree with everything you say. You aren't that important.

Second, all the other stuff is irrelevant as in whether the players are millionaires and all the other detritus you spoke. I like the other sports. Basketball is my favorite.

Third, I said fastest growing sport in the wuld, not for men in the US or somesuch.

Fourth, it is a risk to their careers versus chillin' for the summer. Had you said something smart like "Well they could get hurt in a pickup game" then your post would have had legs.

Example: Blake Griffin tore his meniscus in practice so he's done for USA basketball.

At least you don't like Serena any more. She was okay when she was like 17 or something, but she matured ugly.
How about posting a real pic of a woman with a whole face that you think is sexy, you might be redeemable now you've renounced the Williams.

I can't really get past the weird bulging fupa type thing in the shorts of the girl in the pic. It looks as if it might be a small cock replete with tiny bawls.
Tits look great but I can't really say anything else positive about that monstrosity.

Womanly hips? Don't get me wrong. I'm 99% sure that's photoshopped but it still looks fantastic.

Anyway, I chalk this up to a cultural thang. Although, I do find it odd that a man dislikes wider hips on a woman. I mean, woman are supposed to develop this way. Otherwise, it's a boy.:P

I haven't renounced Serena. Jus' sayin' she doesn't have big hips.

Again, it's a cultural thing. There isn't anything about Idol's pic that would even make me turn if she walked by. She's too boyish looking.:ermm:

Another example of what I'm saying is that, Idol's girl in the pic would be a shit stripper. Why? No body too speak anything of.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2012, 07:43 PM
First off, I don't care to disagree with everything you say. You aren't that important.

This must be one of those "cultural thangs" because it truly boggles my mind that anyone would think it remotely OK to say something so ignorant.

As to the Griffin thing and basically everything else I said, congratulations being contradictory and on totally missing the point.

mjmacky
07-16-2012, 02:47 AM
She was okay when she was like 17 or something, but she matured ugly.

We understand each other. :happy:

Busyman
07-16-2012, 03:39 AM

This must be one of those "cultural thangs" because it truly boggles my mind that anyone would think it remotely OK to say something so ignorant.

As to the Griffin thing and basically everything else I said, congratulations being contradictory and on totally missing the point.

No sir. I didn't miss the part about practice. All the other shit like....living life, was irrelevant. You are going to live life anyway. However, Griffin tore his knee practicing for USA basketball when otherwise would have been pissing off in relaxation.

There is a big difference in finishing your season and then continuing to play in another tournament, practice and all, than finishing your season, relaxing, then going back to training camp in September or somesuch.

Busyman
07-17-2012, 12:59 AM
WTF? There's a bre-ish national basketball team?

Oh....default host country entry.:ermm:

I'll lmao if they beat a powerhouse team like Brazil or Argentina.

Busyman™
07-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Great Bre-en - 78
USA - 118

They were hanging with the US a bit in the first quarter.

It kills me when these teams get better with American/(insert your country) dual citizenship.:ermm:

Luol Deng is not from the UK at all. He's African yet on the Bre-ish team.:ermm:
I was surprised to find out Pops Mensah-Bonsu is bre-ish. :O He played over here for George Washington University

manker
07-20-2012, 09:41 AM
In other news; the British Lawn Croquet Executive Competitionary Collective rather tally-whacked their American counterparts, The Connecticut Cook-out Crew, 17-3 in a rather enthralling game played in the back-garden of Lord Kumquat-Fauntelroy yesterday.

Busyman™
07-20-2012, 09:46 AM
In other news; the British Lawn Croquet Executive Competitionary Collective rather tally-whacked their American counterparts, The Connecticut Cook-out Crew, 17-3 in a rather enthralling game played in the back-garden of Lord Kumquat-Fauntelroy yesterday.

:lol:

mjmacky
07-20-2012, 11:51 PM

That was the best thing you ever posted this week.

kopaxo
07-21-2012, 06:08 PM
im will be interested in woman volleyball.Is too sex!

Busyman™
07-22-2012, 12:50 AM
im will be interested in woman volleyball.Is too sex!

Yeah I like watching volleyball.

I think the indoor chicks have more sex appeal tho.

IdolEyes787
07-30-2012, 02:10 AM
I have now sat through several competitions and I'm pretty sure that the Asians can't be trusted.

Busyman™
08-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Wow Serena DEstroyed Sharapova and then cripwalked afterwards.

manker
08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I had to stop watching that. After three games I thought fuck, she's going to get bagel'd, so I put the sailing on.
It's never fun watching a beast in full destroyer mode. Unless you want the beast to win, which I didn't :mellow:

Fuck Serena. She's the best women's tennis player ever but there are so many things I dislike about her that I wouldn't actually mind if she caught aids from her sister.

IdolEyes787
08-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow Serena DEstroyed Sharapova and then cripwalked afterwards.

Hardly fair seeing as it was a man playing a woman and all.

Also these fucking Americans that keep saying stupid,ignorant things like "Oh I know I already had an Olympic gold and am unbelievably rich and famous and have won everything else in the fucking Universe but I still really wanted a gold in singles just so I would have every fucking thing and wouldn't feel deprived like" .
"Never mind probably anyone else would be overjoyed to win a single bronze or maybe simply have enough money to put food on the table on a regular basis.I'm clearly more deserving of stuff than they are since I am large,ugly and stupid but have been blessed,through no doing of my own with good genes ".

Fuck the fuck off,cunt.

IdolEyes787
08-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Our wimen's football team just got their asses handed to them by France but improbably won the match on a last minute score that was Canada's only shot on goal for the entire game.:blink:

If it wasn't France I would make a formal request that they give their medals to the other team.

manker
08-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Canadia won a medal and I missed it :dabs:
I had to go out for a meal. An Indian meal. I Actually and really hate Indian food more than hunger. Anyway, I almost missed Bolt's run, too, but managed to watch it outside on my smartphone.

Like a boss.

IdolEyes787
08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Remember when I said the Bolt irritated me less than those other sprint twats?

I take it back.

manker
08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
What did he do to induce your ire?

He seemed pretty Bolt-like to me.

IdolEyes787
08-09-2012, 10:13 PM
What did he do to induce your ire?

He seemed pretty Bolt-like to me.

Maybe now I see him as a little too contrived and camera aware or maybe his charms are best appreciated in small doses.

Seriously though if he was just another better than average athlete you'd probably be going "What a pretentious cunt" as well.

manker
08-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Usain Bolt, camera aware.
gtfooh :o

Well, it's either him or Carl Lewis. You have to choose.

IdolEyes787
08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Lewis is ghey,American and did this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJLvCM4j2mg) so I'm forced to go with that white,drugged up Russian Ivan Drago guy from the '70's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmTQvyzs0A

God I miss the Cold War.:(

manker
08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
christ, that lewis vid literally made my toes curl.
Also it's nice to see Stephen Hawking still getting work voicing over jewtube vids since he's discovered everything about space now and the novelty has worn off.

IdolEyes787
08-10-2012, 05:31 PM
christ, that lewis vid literally made my toes curl.
Also it's nice to see Stephen Hawking still getting work voicing over jewtube vids since he's discovered everything about space now and the novelty has worn off.

I wish that I could have found the whole song as in it's entirety it could be used as a threat to frighten little children into doing their chores.

Also why are all the "good" Olympic events frontloaded as now all I'm left with is deciding how to best not watch BMX and Taekwondo and Water Polo and Rhythmic Gymnastics?

At this point I also feel the need to comment that the rest of the site members are obviously a bunch of sports-hating fat nerds.

manker
08-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I noticed that, too, and it's sucking bawls.
I think it's because there is no athletics in the first week so they're all; 'well, we can put the synchronised swimming shite on now since Bolt raced two days ago'.

Remember what I said about the omnium? Well I wrote that after watching fragments of the men's event. I followed the ladies' event all the way through and it actually became my favourite experience of the entire Olympics. How the hell that tiny British girl kept getting good results in the disciplines despite what I can only describe as the other bitch cunts ganging up on her was awe-inspiring.
When she eventually won the last time trial to claim gold, I almost shed a tear and I don't even have emotions because they're ghey.

IdolEyes787
08-11-2012, 04:06 PM
When she eventually won the last time trial to claim gold, I almost shed a tear and I don't even have emotions because they're ghey.

Real manly men maintain a certain constant level of simmering rage so I'm pretty sure that you have just outed yourself , poof.

Geez Mexico beats Brazilla.
When'd Mexico get so good?

Canadian Men's 4x100 relay team finishes third and get's robbed of the Bronze because the White guy stepped on the lane line a grand total of one time. :unsure:
Seeing as they measure the lane length only to an accuracy of 10cm clearly this is Canada's fault for confusing a White guy by putting him in a sprint.

putul54
05-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Always I am particularly interested in the 400 meters racing, long jump, boxing.

harry4200
06-01-2013, 10:25 PM
only interested in soccer and 100M !!

hum56
06-21-2013, 09:26 PM
only interested in soccer

putul54
06-25-2013, 01:50 PM
I love Olympic Games. I’m mostly interested 400 m races and I am looking pole vault.

mjmacky
06-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I love Olympic Games. I’m mostly interested 400 m races and I am looking pole vault.

I bet you're looking at poles vault right now, you pervy fetishist.