PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With These Shows.....

Busyman
06-27-2012, 02:15 AM
If you have seen these shows, I wanna know if they are good or not.

ONLY if you've watched them. I watched the trailers for almost all of them and in some cases, the pilot ep.

I basically wanna know if they are worth the bandwidth since I'm going to get all the seasons. I don't care if the show was canceled or not like Endgame or Shattered.

Here goes:

Intelligence
Rabbit Fall
Moderation Town
Wallander
Blackstone
Endgame
Shattered
Kingdom Hospital
Luther
Survivors
Misfits
XIII (mini and series)
ReGenesis
King
Silent Witness
Blood Ties
Happy Town
Harper's Island
The Gates
Defying Gravity
Todd & The Book Of Pure Evil
The Collector
The Lost Room
Murdoch Mysteries
Dual Suspects
Fear Itself
Burn Notice
Royal Pains
Suits
White Collar
Persons Unknown
Early Edition
Traveler
Hack
CHAOS
Wolf Lake
E-Ring
Revelations

Raines

mjmacky
06-27-2012, 02:29 AM
Misfits - Really like the first 2 seasons, gave up a couple of episodes into the 3rd
Burn Notice - Really liked the first few seasons, interest started waning in the 4th and 5th and eventually I gave up on it.

I may have seen other shows, but I obviously didn't like them if I don't care to remember what they were about.

ckrit
06-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Endgame - As good as a lighthearted murder mystery thing with an agoraphobiac for a main character gets, probably. Watchable, but not very serious. I watched it all the way through, and felt a bit sorry that it ended before its time.

Kingdom Hospital - Good but surreal. I'd definitely sample a few episodes before committing. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Survivors - If we're talking about the british, post-apocalyptic show, it's good, but short.

Misfits - Good, but frequently disgusting, up until season 3, where the guy I always saw as the main character gets replaced by a spastic, and it gets all :dabs:

King - Generic Cop Show at its roots. Boring.

Silent Witness - If it's the british show, and not some remake with plastic smiles and all the rough edges smoothed over, what I've watched of it has been good.

Defying Gravity - Excellent Sci-Fi. Why did they have to cancel it? WHY?

The Lost Room - Great. A lot like a comic book, in a good way.

Burn Notice - One of those shows where I watch a season, or maybe half a season, and then something starts bugging me - maybe it's Gabrielle Anwar, or the plot gets too dumb for too many episodes in a row - so I quit it, only to pick it up again for another season or so, maybe a year later, until I get annoyed again, and so it continues.

Suits - A bit meh, but watchable. About bullshit artists at the core of it. You might enjoy it.

CHAOS - Blah. I'd just watch reruns of Chuck instead and skip this one.

Wolf Lake - IIRC not great, but decent. Been a long while since I even thought about it, so no lasting impressions. Lou Diamond Philips is cool. In theory.

clocker
06-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I liked Luther.

manker
06-27-2012, 11:10 AM
The only one I've seen which hasn't already been mentioned is Harper's Island.

I gave up watching it after around six episodes. The plot was full of holes, the characters eminently forgettable or unlikeable and the pace was so slow.

Artemis
06-27-2012, 12:03 PM
There are two versions of Survivors the original 70's series ran to 3 seasons and was a cult hit, the current one was so-so compared to it imo, but then most remakes are imitations.It ran to two seasons.
The concept of Survivors is that virtually all of the worlds population is wiped out by a supervirus, only a lucky few are resistant (no virus is 100% fatal) and the survivors must deal with living in a post-apocalyptic world.

Traveler never got off the ground which was a shame I thought it had promise but it got killed by the ratings and was still-born after eight episodes with a hurried tie up to finish off the story.

Burn Notice was interesting, but is now repeating itself. The concept is of a secret agent who has been burned (disavowed) and dumped in a city with no contact with former colleagues or financial resources so he must live off his wits. To help him he has a friend and an ex-girlfriend. It's MacGyver with guns and explosives and counter intelligence techniques.

Kingdom Hospital - Seriously trippy - If you like surreal this is good, it is not for everyone although I enjoyed some episodes, it was really too disturbing to be enjoyable for my tastes.

Harper's Island - I honestly only watched about 3 episodes, it was that bad. The acting was really wooden and I personally just could not get into the story. My two cents, don't even waste your bandwidth.

Dusty_Bottums
07-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I've been watching burn notice since the show started. It's a good show. I wouldn't put it in my top 5, but it would definitely make the top 10. I'm a Bruce Campbell fan and that's what got me into the show. He really brings the comedy relief. There is also a movie that they made called "The Fall Of Sam Axe". It's pretty good. If you like the show, then you'll prolly like the movie. I recommend to anyone to watch the 1st season. If you don't like it by the end, then the rest of the series is not for you. :)

elMonstro
07-02-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't even know majority of those shows. :huh:

King - below average cop show. Absolutely nothing stands out, unless you like main character obsessed with shoes. I think its not worth downloading.

Harper's Island - if I remember correctly, it was a murder mystery show that I liked. Unfortunately it got canceled early. I like such shows, so thumbs up for it.

The Gates - some weird vampire drama, I wouldn't recommend it.

Burn Notice - I like that show, especially first seasons. Check it out, but start from first season, not from latest.

Royal Pains - medical drama. Nothing special about it, but it isn't horrible ether. Watch it if you have nothing else to watch.

Suits - I like it. Its about dude pretending to be lawyer and he's actually good at it. Thumbs up.

Persons Unknown - weird show that didn't make much sense. Thumbs down.

Traveler - I stopped watching it after first 2 episodes. It sucked.

LemOnzoo
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
XIII miniseries is good. Somethin like Bourne movies.

elMonstro
07-02-2012, 10:58 PM
XIII miniseries is good. Somethin like Bourne movies.
I've just checked it out, couldn't finish pilot episode. Horrible directing, bad action scenes and plot that doesn't make much sense. Looked like it was sequel to some movie or something, without seeing that movie that pilot doesn't make any sense.

LemOnzoo
07-03-2012, 06:27 AM
maybe you watched tv series

XIII: The Conspiracy (TV mini-series 2008)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117667/

XIII: The Series (TV Series 2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1713938/