PDA

View Full Version : UK-2.Me – Tracker Closed

GalaxyMini
06-29-2012, 08:46 AM
The old UK-T was one of the oldest and most exclusive tracker very appreciated for his community and rarity. UK-T was a “simple” tracker, without autobot, the torrents were uploaded only by uploaders. Over the years the site has shifted from a top scene site to a more security based community. However, the site was shut down in the beginning of 2008 due to an MPAA crackdown. The tracker was re-opened by a few experienced torrenters, trying to reboorn the legend, of course in a new formula. Torrent users, explode with coments on fileshare blogs/forums about this new UK-T. However, the new UK-2.me has been closed due to lack of interest.

UK-2.me Announcement:

Site is Closed due to lack of interest, funds and activity… thanks for your support

As we said, the staff made a few recruitments on invite-forums, here are a few words about UK-2 by owner himself:

Some of you may have come across UK2 some of you may not, and many people have speculated on why a site even exists of that name, so let’s tell you a little about the place, the site was put in place to encourage old members of ***** to gather and hang out again, things don’t always go to plan though. Many people have simply moved on others are quite happy where they are, others are unhappy that it’s not all the same staff starting up again, and some are “Yay it’s back!”

The site like its former name sake is a general and Oday one that is built around people and interaction rather than just file sharing, is English only and has a UK flavour of sorts, although we currently welcome any nationality. If site related questions come up I will answer where I can.

So that’s about where we are as of now, a small friendly young new site looking to grow, a little.

A lot of people tried to re-boorn UK-Torrents, but none succes, this say’s a lot about the old UK-T.

DrParker
06-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Sad.. I was a member at the old one and the year of the shut down was not 2005 for sure it was 2008 I believe

Gaza
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
The new UK-2 wasn't anything special, It was only hype that made the new site popular. Users complained constantly about how ugly the site was and how no one used it.

manker
06-29-2012, 02:28 PM
The old UK-T wasn't anything special, either.
Only thing that was special about it was the 13 year olds running in internets circles trying to get those hard to come by invites.

Cabalo
06-29-2012, 03:41 PM
The tracker was re-opened by a few experienced torrenters
What is an experienced torrenter? I can tweak most utorrent and Vuze's settings, does that mean I'm experienced?
And if I open a tracker, does it then mean I become experienced, as in chasing online fame and wank looking at the banlist ? And then get to recruit more pubescent kids to "staff" and worship/kiss my ass ?

darkblue
06-29-2012, 04:12 PM
good to see they are gone
nothing spacial was there :)

Funkin'
06-29-2012, 05:28 PM
:wank:

IdolEyes787
06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
What is an experienced torrenter? ?

In this case

Cabalo
06-29-2012, 08:26 PM
What is an experienced torrenter? ?

In this case

:lol:

ghurka
06-30-2012, 12:53 PM
good to see they are gone
nothing spacial was there :)
Using this as a prime example, most of the members there who were not on the original UK-T could not even string a sentence together, which didn't exactly help bring the forums to life. I was hoping they could get back what they had at UK-T but with the original members database gone there was no real feeling of a community on UK-2.

foggyhaze
07-01-2012, 08:29 AM
the site was shut down in the beginning of 2008 due to an MPAA crackdown.

Lol, I hope no one actually believes that falsehood. You should check up on your sources.

Also, UK-2 flat-out sucked. Most of the people from UK-T simply didn't join, the theme was terrible, and the content was lacking. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

1000possibleclaws
07-01-2012, 10:36 PM
:wank:

x2

Polarbear
07-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Most of the people from UK-T simply didn't join.
:yup: