PDA

View Full Version : Name that movie

dezontk
07-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Simple, name the movie.. then add your own screenshot from a movie for everyone else to guess.

http://i47.tinypic.com/157fcqs.png

IdolEyes787
07-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Mandingo?

dezontk
07-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Can't tell if serious guess, or not. (Too early in our relationship for me to judge your comments accurately).

But no, not Mandingo.

Artemis
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I have some news re: your forum gheymes dezontk. This is the lounge, if you peruse the rest of the threads r e a l l y carefully, even several pages back, you will notice an utter lack of any of these games.Why you may ask? Well the answer is quite simple, none of us have recently had a severe brain injury that requires quite such a numbing pastime.

Now you may think this is harsh, but I'm trying to stop your happy wagging little puppy dog enthusiasm for these neato ideas which really want to make me throw you off a building.We have other forums for this particular type of mental bubblegum, it's all setup raring to go, you can go in there and poast all day and be one of bigboab's acolytes. He'll love you longtime, but stop crapping in the lounge or I'll be forced to smack you with a rolled up newspaper.

manker
07-04-2012, 02:43 PM
:lol:

I moved it here because I thought it was a decent idea and it's pretty dead atm.
You'd have known that if you read the last couple of threads in the lounge r e a l l y carefully.

Artemis
07-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Well I didn't read the last couple of threads r e a l l y c a r e f u l l y. :snooty:

He's still a puppy dog, and the newspaper is still hovering.

If you want excitement, kick mary in the bawls, the posting machine seems broken at the moment, what have you done?

Anyway, I blame you. You only have one job that you really ever warmed to, and it seems you just got too good at it. You have been so efficient at :dave:watch that it seems our favorite chewtoy has packed up his bat and ball and gone home.

Now there is only Oleg, and he only occasionally loses it, not like the good old days, when he freaked out every week, it's sad really, he is a shadow of his former lunacy.

dezontk
07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah Oleg only occasionally loses it now. He used to be so interesting. I miss the good old days.

:huh:

Artemis
07-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah Oleg only occasionally loses it now. He used to be so interesting. I miss the good old days.

So you're not quite so noobalicious after all............:naughty:

Are you a bad retread or a good retread?

manker
07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
This is now officially the Arty does Mary thread.

manker
07-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Well I didn't read the last couple of threads r e a l l y c a r e f u l l y. :snooty:

He's still a puppy dog, and the newspaper is still hovering.

If you want excitement, kick mary in the bawls, the posting machine seems broken at the moment, what have you done?

Anyway, I blame you. You only have one job that you really ever warmed to, and it seems you just got too good at it. You have been so efficient at :dave:watch that it seems our favorite chewtoy has packed up his bat and ball and gone home.Apparently I'm shit at davewatch, he said so himself - so that must be true as he doesn't lie.

I did think that Mary had got a life and got laid but apparently the in-laws came over and that brought on advanced autism attack. She'll be back posting (as) normally (as she can) once the shaking and dribbling has ceased.
Squeams is to blame for all that, of course.

IdolEyes787
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Can't tell if serious guess, or not. (Too early in our relationship for me to judge your comments accurately).

But no, not Mandingo.

Mandingo:The Director's Cut?

IdolEyes787
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM

So you're not quite so noobalicious after all............:naughty:

Are you a bad retread or a good retread?

It angers me to the point of violence when people misrepresent themselves.
Now we must fight but sadly you must wait for your comeuppance until I have settled a matter of honour with manker.

In the meantime I suggest you acquaint yourself with the finer points Indian Wrestling and running away.

manker
07-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I thought it was settled already; I have some yet you are bereft.

And also, someone quickly guess the film because if it's not Transformers III I'm pretty fucked since that's the only film I've seen this year.

Something Else
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
:lol: I moved it here because I thought it was a decent idea and it's pretty dead atm. You'd have known that if you read the last couple of threads in the lounge r e a l l y carefully. manker for retard president!

manker
07-04-2012, 06:46 PM
It would be a cakewalk, mate.
I've always been a champion of the little people.

Proper Bo
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM

Can ewe get mouldy back on these internets then?

manker
07-04-2012, 07:36 PM

Can ewe get mouldy back on these internets then?:lol:
I think he's lost to us. His missus seems needy from the picture I saw of her.
You can always tell.

IdolEyes787
07-04-2012, 07:57 PM
And also, someone quickly guess the film because if it's not Transformers III I'm pretty fucked since that's the only film I've seen this year.

Hint.No way I'm posting a pic.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8703620/star_cameos_in_the_movie_knocked_up/

manker
07-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Knocked up :smilie4:

manker
07-04-2012, 08:10 PM

Something Else
07-04-2012, 09:03 PM
/resported

IdolEyes787
07-04-2012, 11:13 PM

Transgenders 3: If I Blow Enough Stuff Up Maybe No One Will Notice the Lack of a Script.

Either that or Mandingo.

manker
07-04-2012, 11:26 PM
You're pretty good at this, didn't even need a clue or anything.
You don't seem to have a grasp on the game itself, though, Idol.

Post a pic or do something else.

IdolEyes787
07-05-2012, 01:23 AM
You're pretty good at this, didn't even need a clue or anything.
You don't seem to have a grasp on the game itself, though, Idol.

Post a pic or do something else.

Although I took pains not to actually name the movie since it's Mary's birthday I shall humour you.

manker
07-05-2012, 11:23 AM
It's people like you that suck the soul out of the internets. If Al Gore didn't design the series of tubes for games like this then I don't know what else he had in mind.

You could have posted a fairly easy one like what I did.
I mean, everyone has seen Transformers III on account of it being the blockbuster of last year and therefore the highest grossing film ever due to the ever diminishing value of the dollar and therefore the best film ever made. You make me sick.

Anyway, I googled 'pig rape film' and the answer I got was Deliverance.

So, Deliverance :eyebrows:

IdolEyes787
07-05-2012, 11:53 AM
It's people like you that suck the soul out of the internets. If Al Gore didn't design the series of tubes for games like this then I don't know what else he had in mind.

I mean, everyone has seen Transformers III on account of it being the blockbuster of last year and therefore the highest grossing film ever due to the ever diminishing value of the dollar and therefore the best film ever made. You make me sick.

So, Mandingo:eyebrows:

People like me or me specifically since I find it hard to believe that there are a lot of dark,mysterious strangers whose skill with a gun is only matched by their prowess in bed besides me out there.

Anyway more or less correct so your turn.

Also where's that twat who started this thread and shouldn't he be playing?

Artemis
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM

They didn't rape any pigs in Deliverance? :idunno: Your gewgle must be broken?

manker
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM

They didn't rape any pigs in Deliverance? :idunno: Your gewgle must be broken?'Squeal like a pig'

Haven't you watched Deliverance :o

That's it. You're out of mine and Idol's people who know stuff about movies gang.

manker
07-05-2012, 12:30 PM

So, Mandingo:eyebrows:

People like me or me specifically since I find it hard to believe that there are a lot of dark,mysterious strangers whose skill with a gun is only matched by their prowess in bed besides me out there.

Anyway more or less correct so your turn.

Also where's that twat who started this thread and shouldn't he be playing?
Yeah to be honest I feel a bit let down.
All this championing of the little people is starting to wear me out. I think instead I'll just fall in with the elitist scum who pervade the board.

Artemis
07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Of course I've watched Deliverance, I always thought Ned Beatty was shaped vaguely like a pig, and just turned into more of a porker as he got older, I was just checking if you had watched Deliverance actually, since you keep on professing to know little about movies, but as I stated earlier, no pigs were harmed in the making of this movie. :blink:

manker
07-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I haven't watched it. I only knew the famous 'squeal like a pig' quote from various comedians referencing it.
In all honesty, I'm only in the gang because I promised to tell anyone who asked that I'm Idol's internet bffl.

He's a sweetie like that.

Artemis
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
You should watch it, it is an American cultural icon, and is recognised as such now by the National Film Archive, much like American Graffiti (if for very different reasons). It is both a very unsettling, but deeply memorable movie at the same time, and probably the best work Burt Reynolds ever did, it is worth watching just to put the 'Squeal like a pig' line into context, although you will be trying to remove the image by whatever alcoholic means for a couple of weeks. :blink:

manker
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I think I already have enough context and, to be fair, it is from the before time and so most likely sucks bawls.

I've watched Scum with a young Ray Winstone, which I really enjoyed, if that helps.

arthur
07-05-2012, 03:17 PM
titanic.....:P

IdolEyes787
07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
You should watch it, it is an American cultural icon, and is recognised as such now by the National Film Archive, much like American Graffiti (if for very different reasons). It is both a very unsettling, but deeply memorable movie at the same time, and probably the best work Burt Reynolds ever did, it is worth watching just to put the 'Squeal like a pig' line into context, although you will be trying to remove the image by whatever alcoholic means for a couple of weeks. :blink:

I couldn't find any Deliverance sound bites but I found one labelled "merwais typical Saturday night" which is eerily similar.
Squeal (http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-07-01_1727997201236750/movies/deliverance/squeal_a.wav)

IdolEyes787
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
titanic.....:P

What your mum said on seeing my penis.

Artemis
07-06-2012, 02:51 AM
I think I already have enough context and, to be fair, it is from the before time and so most likely sucks bawls.

I've watched Scum with a young Ray Winstone, which I really enjoyed, if that helps.

Well yes.... similar scene but far different outcome in the case of Scum. That was truly the more gut wrenching of the two, so you'll find Deliverance kind of tame by comparison. But the whole fillum puts hillbilly's in a whole new light so it's still worth a crack nigel.

Your definitely more than an amateur having watched Scum, although I still think Sexybeast is Ray Winstone's best work.

Artemis
07-06-2012, 03:22 AM
But back to the spirit of the fred. Since Idol does love his obscure movies, here is a fairly well known actor with sparks flying out of his head in a movie from the before times.

http://i.imgur.com/s9lL8.jpg

manker
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Well yes.... similar scene but far different outcome in the case of Scum. That was truly the more gut wrenching of the two, so you'll find Deliverance kind of tame by comparison. But the whole fillum puts hillbilly's in a whole new light so it's still worth a crack nigel.

You're definitely more than an amateur having watched Scum, although I still think Sexybeast is Ray Winstone's best work.
It might well be his best work as an actor, but I watched it and thought it was complete pish as a vehicle for entertainment.

And really, I only watched Scum because at the time me and my mates had exhausted the supply of football hooligan films and thought this would be the next best thing since we'd all heard about the pool balls in a sock scene. Which wasn't a disappointment - and neither was the casual racism, and that was before any of us thought that casual racism was ironic so we were actual cunts in finding it funny.

Another film in the casual racism genre I loved so much as a 14 year old that we watched at the time was set (and probably made) in America in the mid-eighties and had scenes where the two main teenage or tweenage characters played tit-tennis by bumping into women in the street by feeling their tits with their elbow and scoring points. They also called any black people they encountered jiggaboos and spear-chuckers.

Any help?

arthur
07-06-2012, 09:38 AM
she said ur penis is too small and u r a loser.......go fuck urself man...:shutup:

manker
07-06-2012, 09:40 AM
she said ur penis is too small and u r a loser.......go fuck urself man...:shutup:That's a bit harsh, mate. I was only 14.

Artemis
07-06-2012, 10:26 AM
she said ur penis is too small and u r a loser.......go fuck urself man...:shutup:

Well that was certainly a witty and original comeback, I see you are going to do well here. http://i.imgur.com/KnuMd.gif

IdolEyes787
07-06-2012, 10:59 AM
But back to the spirit of the fred. Since Idol does love his obscure movies, here is a fairly well known actor with sparks flying out of his head in a movie from the before times.

http://i.imgur.com/s9lL8.jpg

Killing Zelda Sparks

Listen (http://buckaroobanzai2000.tripod.com/Banzai%20sounds/bban02.wav)

redwhitevision
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh and this thread started off so well.