PDA

View Full Version : Game Over for Tophos.org

Cabalo
07-10-2012, 12:17 AM
It seems tophos is closing its doors...

From the site itself:

There's no proper way to say this, but I have decided to close the site down.
It took alot of consideration on my part to come to this decision, so know that it wasn't a spur of the moment thing.

We have been around as a torrent community for nearly 10 years now in 1 shape or form, around for roughly 2 years on the Filetopia network even prior to us swapping to the torrent protocol.
There are quite a few users on the site that I have known for these past 12+ years.

Due to the fact that alot of us have been around so long and gotten to know each other so well, I have decided to leave all of the sites chat functions running for another week or so.
(Shoutbox, pms, forums, etc...)
During this time feel free to get in contact with friends you have met/made on the site over the years and exchange contact information.

All torrent related functions have already been disabled.

As always I value users privacy very highly, for this reason you have no worries about your personal information being sold to anyone as several torrent communities have done over the years. I have already purged most of the users data we did have with exception to actual accounts, which will be purged as soon as the closing is final.

For other sites that wish to obtain certain functions of our current codebase feel free to contact me for more details.
I have already started sharing some of my custom codes on various bt related coding forums over the last few weeks.

My decision to close the site has nothing to due with funding in any way, shape, or form... for those who have already or are going to ask.

For those of you who may try to pry information about why I decided to close the site from other staff members, they know about as much as you, this news post is the first they hear about this decision as well.
-=MelvinMeow=-

Alien5
07-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Must be something to do with funding.

A
07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
meow

bijoy
07-10-2012, 11:58 AM
MelvinMeow, one of the best coders I've seen in past 4 years in the dying tbdev community.

P2PDog
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Good riddance.

A
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
MelvinMeow, one of the best coders I've seen in past 4 years in the dying tbdev community.
I bet you have never touched a line of code in your life.

IdolEyes787
07-10-2012, 11:07 PM

If "line of code " is euphemism for penis then I'm betting you're wrong*.

* This post approved by MelvinMeow.

mjmacky
07-11-2012, 02:44 AM
He meant "line of coke" and there's one currently waiting to be snorted off my boner.

A
07-11-2012, 06:42 AM

If "line of code " is euphemism for penis then I'm betting you're wrong*.

* This post approved by MelvinMeow.
We bet for the same thing and mjmacky is getting a boner from this thread.

mjmacky
07-11-2012, 07:50 AM
mjmacky is getting a boner from this thread.

My boner is rather indiscriminate, thought you talking about it isn't helping it to subside.

korton
07-11-2012, 08:23 AM
TopHos will stay open..

The SHEEP are back on the prowl!

Yes, that is correct. The site is staying open under new ownership.
Stay tuned for more updates.

Uploading and downloading functions have been restored.
Donating page is now enabled :-)

Freeleech has been set site wide for a few days as a welcome back
Dont forget you still need to seed

Stabber
07-11-2012, 08:53 AM
It was about time ...

Cabalo
07-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Curiously, it goes against what melvin said in the first post, I'll quote:

I have already purged most of the users data we did have with exception to actual accounts, which will be purged as soon as the closing is final.

IdolEyes787
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Curiously, it goes against what melvin said in the first post, I'll quote:

I have already purged most of the users data we did have with exception to actual accounts, which will be purged as soon as the closing is final.

It's obviously some sort of trap to collect teenagers for white slavery or organ harvesting or something insidious like that.

I strongly suggest all teens and Romanians reading this destroy your computers before it's too late.

bijoy
07-11-2012, 05:20 PM

By the word code, you mean you Da Vinci code, which you saw last night?

Or may be you are talking about touching teh 'code' in dream?

Then my answer will be: No, I haven't.

Backbreaker
08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
What happened to tophos now?
They were going to shut down....
Then, someone was going to take over the site and keep it open and going.....
And I was gone for about a week, and now the site is gone....

Alien5
08-02-2012, 09:58 PM
somebody Said they pulled the plug because it was completely shit.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
somebody Said they pulled the plug because it was completely shit.

That was you.

diddymac6999
08-02-2012, 10:48 PM
were is every going now

Alien5
08-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Everybody went to Leaky Euro Ho's

Pwner101
08-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Hardware issues on the server....
waiting for the faulty hardware to be replaced.
Looking like its supposed to be fixed on saturday but not 100% sure on that.

Cabalo
08-03-2012, 07:55 PM
were is every going now
Hard to go downhill from there...

Pwner101
08-03-2012, 09:47 PM
They always could go to fst... thats downhill from even living in a septic tank.

Alien5
08-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Downhilltalk.com

Backbreaker
08-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Ahhh....
Can anyone point me in the direction of a new site/group that is taking new members?
Please send any information to me in a personal message.

Thank You in advance for any help you are able to offer me.
Thanks

Pwner101
08-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Its up again now.

sheriff 01
08-09-2012, 07:43 PM
whats the point in coming back up if the majority of peoples accounts have been disabled-lol

Pwner101
08-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Enabled Users: 3,419 of which 2,498 have already logged in since yesterday.
Which category does the majority fall under?

If your accounts disabled for inactivity simply attempting to recover it gets it reviewed and re-enabled in most cases.

roberto666
08-10-2012, 06:20 AM

If your accounts disabled for inactivity simply attempting to recover it gets it reviewed and re-enabled in most cases.

and why recover system dont work???
i already try recover my account with email from @sapo.pt and nothing in mail...

Disme
08-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Never actually used Topos, but I did like their shit-list and the endless battle against the cheating community and other shady users.

Pwner101
08-10-2012, 08:56 AM
The mail server was not online till yesterday afternoon, not sure when you tried.

If the email you registered with starts with n and ends with 9 before the @
Example: [email protected]
There were no recovery attempts made that I see.

roberto666
08-10-2012, 10:45 AM
The mail server was not online till yesterday afternoon, not sure when you tried.

If the email you registered with starts with n and ends with 9 before the @
Example: [email protected]
There were no recovery attempts made that I see.

I try recover a few minutes ago *********[email protected]

TOPHOSJEDI
08-10-2012, 12:00 PM
were not down

recover is working fine as is site

db is from january 2012 try recover again

seems that banned members whine like girls

roberto666
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
were not down

recover is working fine as is site
no...recover is not fine
i cant recover my account

Pwner101
08-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Looking for accounts with [email protected] in the email address brings back 3 results.

1.) PS (Username starts with a P and ends with an S.)
2.) PM (Username starts with a P and ends with an M.)
3.) 666 (Username has 666 in it.)

If your username does not have 666 in the username then I can simply email you a new password using a different method.
If you are the guy with 666 in the username then kiss your account goodbye. That one was banned for major cheating offenses.
In fact im pretty sure if your account is in fact the 666 one, you even have several banned accounts here as well. ;)
BTW judging on the *'s in the partial email address you gave above your account would be the 666 one. The other 2 accounts have more than 10 letters in the beginning part of the email address.

Pwner101
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Anon how many freaken accounts do you have that are banned here and on tophos?

sheriff 01
08-10-2012, 03:50 PM

Disabled for inactivity?? I was using my account up until the day the site went down, now your saying im disabled for inactivity while the site was down. Does this seem logically feasable to you??

IdolEyes787
08-10-2012, 05:08 PM

Disabled for inactivity?? I was using my account up until the day the site went down, now your saying im disabled for inactivity while the site was down. Does this seem logically feasable to you??

Brain activity?

anon
08-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Anon how many freaken accounts do you have that are banned here and on tophos?

I stopped registering on your site after you made the shitlist public. Only made them to see the latest additions. I thought you knew that... :unsure:

Pwner101
08-10-2012, 06:35 PM
My anon comment was at roberto666 if thats not you then its someone you previously traded an account with from a few years back...
AKA Net Virus if the name rings any bells anon. ;)

BTW congrats at making moderator... noticed it a while back but never mentioned it.

@sherriff its currently an older copy of the database while were fixing some corrupt tables in a newer backup.
I stepped down so purged most of the older copies of the site I had in my backups, for the reason I didn't think the other staff were going to take the site over.
They ended up taking it over and about a week and a half later the other server croaked.

Were currently on a new server with a much older database to sums it up... if your account isnt working and you don't want to mention your username on here feel free to pm that user ^^^^ TopHosJedi with your username. TophosJedi = Jedi on the site.

Cabalo
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
You are treading on thin ice. Persist in any kind of derogatory comments and it's over for you.
You have been warned countless times during your presence here, consider this your final one.

mievmo
08-10-2012, 09:25 PM
hope it will find a way out.

roberto666
08-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Looking for accounts with [email protected] in the email address brings back 3 results.

1.) PS (Username starts with a P and ends with an S.)
2.) PM (Username starts with a P and ends with an M.)
3.) 666 (Username has 666 in it.)

If your username does not have 666 in the username then I can simply email you a new password using a different method.
If you are the guy with 666 in the username then kiss your account goodbye. That one was banned for major cheating offenses.
In fact im pretty sure if your account is in fact the 666 one, you even have several banned accounts here as well. ;)
BTW judging on the *'s in the partial email address you gave above your account would be the 666 one. The other 2 accounts have more than 10 letters in the beginning part of the email address.

My email starts with an [email protected] you cant see???

Pwner101
08-11-2012, 09:08 AM
@roberto.... differant email address and account. Same circumstance. This account is banned for cheating too.

@#41 All I have to say is LMAO
You can edit the post but not the stupidity before and after it.

sheriff 01
08-11-2012, 04:08 PM
My anon comment was at roberto666 if thats not you then its someone you previously traded an account with from a few years back...

BTW congrats at making moderator... noticed it a while back but never mentioned it.

@sherriff its currently an older copy of the database while were fixing some corrupt tables in a newer backup.
I stepped down so purged most of the older copies of the site I had in my backups, for the reason I didn't think the other staff were going to take the site over.
They ended up taking it over and about a week and a half later the other server croaked.

Were currently on a new server with a much older database to sums it up... if your account isnt working and you don't want to mention your username on here feel free to pm that user ^^^^ TopHosJedi with your username. TophosJedi = Jedi on the site.

It appears my account has been enabled but my upload stats have been reduced to almost nothing but my download stats are still the same :( Should i go into the irc for support or pm tophosjedi?

Hiccup
08-11-2012, 10:53 PM

I don't think he can receive PMs as he's too new to the site and doesn't have the minimum number of posts. Tried PMing him myself.

yuzc
05-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Too bad, I have not registered