PDA

View Full Version : Should I pay and sign up for nzbmatrix and what are the alternatives?

OM2
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Still a newbie to newsgroups...

nzbmatrix: the results here are human vetted and should be OK?
Is this correct?
£7 for 10 years seem an OK price to pay if I get back good results for all my searches

What are the other paid options?

Are there any free ones? Are the free ones any good?

Thanks

OM

mjmacky
07-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Of course there are free ones. Besides the indiscriminate autoindexers like binsearch and mysterbin, we have a manual index here that tends to be vetted.

OM2
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
£7 isn't a big price to pay - happy to pay
but then, i don't want to pay if i can get perfectly good results from other places for free

we have a manual index here that tends to be vetted.
do i need to pay for this?

thanks

manker
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
we have a manual index here that tends to be vetted.
do i need to pay for this?

thanksEverything here is free.

Apart from Idol's sister's dirty panties.
You have to pay for those but that probably goes without saying - she's quite the burgeoning young capitalist, bless her little heart.

johhny
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
it's worth in in some cases , also they have a good API if you want to add your stuff to auto download.

OM2
07-13-2012, 07:56 AM
thanks for the replies

>> Apart from Idol's sister's dirty panties.
maybe i shouldn't ask...
but what are u talking about!?
:)

Hole69
07-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Waste of money. The number of times I've been banned from Nzbmatrix isn't funny anymore. Don't waste your money. Use the free indexers.

manker
07-13-2012, 08:16 AM
thanks for the replies

>> Apart from Idol's sister's dirty panties.
maybe i shouldn't ask...
but what are u talking about!?
:)
When you get to 5000 posts, she sends you a pair so long as you cover the postage.
But that's just to lure you in - getcha hooked.

It encourages user participation :)
I'm basically a slave to her now but at least it got me off the crack.

Stabber
07-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Honestly i believe nzbs.org is better because a lot of nzbs are not uploaded on nzbmatrix but are uploaded on nzbs.org

anon
07-13-2012, 12:54 PM
When you get to 5000 posts, she sends you a pair so long as you cover the postage.

I didn't get shit, and I remember my 5000th post as if it had been made yesterday :snooty:

manker
07-13-2012, 01:11 PM

I didn't get shit, and I remember my 5000th post as if it had been made yesterday :snooty:Must be a glitch in the system.
Someone else must have gotten your pair :lookaroun

OM2
07-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Honestly i believe nzbs.org is better because a lot of nzbs are not uploaded on nzbmatrix but are uploaded on nzbs.org

I went to nzbs.org. it says its invite only
How do I get an invite?

Thanks

Hole69
07-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Use these free:

- Mysterbin (excels with ebooks, it tends to filter better in my expereince, all round is great too).

- Binsearch (all-rounder, solid for films/TV shows)

- Nzbclub (best of the free indexers, a wealth of info for your chosen search but occasionally wonky results)

Search by scene/P2P title if you can or by name/year for films. Mix and match search strings, if none of these three have a hit, you'll need to dig down into the depths of headers or try torrents as it more than likely isn't indexed.

OpenNet
07-15-2012, 08:50 AM
I have almost completely stopped using anything else since I signed up for NZBmatrix. It's just convenient. I can send the nzbs I wanna download directly to sabnzbd, I don't have to sift through tons of virus-infected entries on the common usenet search engines and the user comments give you a good impression of the quality of the release (for movies for example).

My advice: Get NZBmatrix and be happy.

Oh, and at the guy being banned multiple times from NZBmatrix: I guess that was probably for a reason. I never had any problem there whatsoever. And I signed up in 2008.

OM2
07-15-2012, 10:16 AM
thanks for the replies guys
i used mysterbin. i had to change the title of what i was searching for
bingo! i found it

question: can i search by isbn number?
that would be great if i could do

i'll hold off on nzbmatrix for now

citycfai
07-15-2012, 10:38 AM
mysterbin, I have problems on searching the books that i want, it does not really come out with the right result...

any one heard of "book flood"... is it a library of books that you can search book within?

any suggestion on the better or efficient way to search ebook by title?

Hole69
07-15-2012, 10:29 PM
I have almost completely stopped using anything else since I signed up for NZBmatrix. It's just convenient. I can send the nzbs I wanna download directly to sabnzbd, I don't have to sift through tons of virus-infected entries on the common usenet search engines and the user comments give you a good impression of the quality of the release (for movies for example).

Oh, and at the guy being banned multiple times from NZBmatrix: I guess that was probably for a reason. I never had any problem there whatsoever. And I signed up in 2008.

Virus infected entries? If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't need to fork out cash for something that is pointless paying for.

@ citycfai

Find the ebooks title via google, then copy and paste and see what comes up. You may need to modify it. The group book list, use Ctrl+F to narrow down the search.

OpenNet
07-16-2012, 11:32 AM

Virus infected entries? If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't need to fork out cash for something that is pointless paying for.

Anyyone who uses search engines like nzbindex knows that there are a lot of 'fake' files riddled with viruses out there. And while they are usually easy to spot, it's still an inconvenience to me. By using NZBmatrix I avoid the issue altogether and have some neat little features on top of that aswell. If that means that 'I don't know what I'm doing', well then so be it :) You surely seem like quite the expert considering your ban history :)

All I'm saying is: I'm happy with the service they provide and I recommend it.

Suun
07-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks to info

bbhaag
07-18-2012, 04:47 PM
I like the matrix. It was only $7 when I signed up and that is for a 10 year subscription. Sure they don't index everything but that's why I use bin search or mystery bin as a back up.
The user comments on the matrix is what I really like. Sometimes the feed back given is really helpful.