PDA

View Full Version : My first co-authorship!

Squeamous
07-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Don't laugh, it's only a little thing but I don't have a doctorate and don't plan on getting one, so I wasn't expecting it.

So, yay me! :happy:

IdolEyes787
07-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Credit where credit is due so yay you.

Now please lie to me about how no animals were hurt in the name of science.

Squeamous
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Actually none were hurt. Loads were killed, but not hurt x

megabyteme
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
:dave: ---> :angry:

Congrats, Squeams! :happy:

IdolEyes787
07-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Actually none were hurt. Loads were killed, but not hurt x

That's acceptable if you ate them.

Squeamous
07-16-2012, 07:49 PM
:dave: ---> :angry:

Congrats, Squeams! :happy:

:smilie4:

Thanks sweety :wub:

I didn't eat them, but I did stitch together their skins and make a lovely fur coat out of them :happy:

Artemis
07-16-2012, 08:06 PM

I didn't eat them, but I did stitch together their skins and make a lovely fur coat out of them :happy:

If you could stitch a few more of them together and (well quite a few more actually) make them into a mouse suit, ben would be most appreciative. :yup:

megabyteme
07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
If I had a mouse suit, I'd be tempted to run up the clock tower. With a high-power rifle. :naughty:

Artemis
07-16-2012, 08:38 PM
If I had a mouse suit, I'd be tempted to run up the clock tower. With a high-power rifle. :naughty:

Aaaahhh, maybe I can wangle a death threat out of you by tempting you with a mouse suit, but never actually coming through on the promise. :blink:

megabyteme
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM

Aaaahhh, maybe I can wangle a death threat out of you by tempting you with a mouse suit, but never actually coming through on the promise. :blink:

ATTENTION: You have hate male in the other fred... :sneaky:

Something Else
07-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice one squeams. Why are the g and t in red. Some kind of science-lab, drinking-contest, double-barrelled, in-joke, or something else.

manker
07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
I was going to ask that ^

Well done, Squeams. I bet it's a fantastic feeling.
I'm currently thinking about your bosom filling with pride.

brotherdoobie
07-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Excellent, Squeams ... I was going to say something else, but I'm having a hard time doing anything other than thinking about your heaving, pride filled bosoms ...

-doobs :cheers:

Skweeky
07-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Nice one! :yay:

Squeamous
07-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Nice one! :yay:

Nice one squeams. Why are the g and t in red. Some kind of science-lab, drinking-contest, double-barrelled, in-joke, or something else.

Fanx guise :happy:
Not sure about the colour, must be an error. We scientists aren't well known for being good with the minutae of life.

I was going to ask that ^

Well done, Squeams. I bet it's a fantastic feeling.
I'm currently thinking about your bosom filling with pride.

Excellent, Squeams ... I was going to say something else, but I'm having a hard time doing anything other than thinking about your heaving, pride filled bosoms ...

-doobs :cheers:

I suppose they need all the help they can get :dry: :drummer:

Artemis
07-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Yes well, that was churlish of me digressing first before the congratulations, but then I'm only a male and just had to use the mouse suit meme while it was still at the forefront of my mind....
Congratulations on your Co-authorship and may it bring increased health and longevity to all the inbred mice out there in the world. :yup:

Squeamous
07-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Thank you Artemis :kiss:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 07:57 AM
You guys quickly switch to love fest when someone feigns humility. You do know she's super excited about her bronze and is eagerly waiting for opportunities to come up in every day conversation.

OK, switching to serious now, any particular sections you had your ink in? Just so, you know, I can contribute some seriously undesirable editorial criticism. I'll keep it to myself, I promise. :zorro:

I know I'm not a congratulatory person, but I know how it feels to see the first abstract officially published and adorned with your name, I empathize with your general enthusiasm/joy/pride.

manker
07-17-2012, 10:26 AM
I empathize with your general enthusiasm/joy/pride.I taught her that :smilie4:

Squeamous
07-17-2012, 10:38 AM
You guys quickly switch to love fest when someone feigns humility. You do know she's super excited about her bronze and is eagerly waiting for opportunities to come up in every day conversation.

OK, switching to serious now, any particular sections you had your ink in? Just so, you know, I can contribute some seriously undesirable editorial criticism. I'll keep it to myself, I promise. :zorro:

I know I'm not a congratulatory person, but I know how it feels to see the first abstract officially published and adorned with your name, I empathize with your general enthusiasm/joy/pride.

I'm pleased but I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things it's not all that significant outside of my own little bubble. I also know that a close working relationship with the people in question has a lot to do with it. I'm a technician: a good one, but rarely required to inject my intellectual expertise to the process. This lab seem to want to draw upon it. I cleared up a few of their questions, came in early, stayed late a bit, suggested some ways to do things, that sort of thing. I didn't write any of the paper, I just read it over before it was sent off.

Squeamous
07-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I empathize with your general enthusiasm/joy/pride.I taught her that :smilie4:

Our little Jung/Freud/Spielrein treatment triangle is coming along nicely :happy:

manker
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I taught her that :smilie4:

Our little Jung/Freud/Spielrein treatment triangle is coming along nicely :happy:
:lol: wut
I can't even begin to fathom ... well, I'll have a go. I suppose you'd have to be Spielren since she is the promiscuous scarlet woman, I'd be Jung because I can't envisage a work based scenario in which I didn't get my knob wet on a regular basis.

Which leaves Mary as Freud :blink:

Squeamous
07-17-2012, 10:51 AM
I can't even begin to fathom ... well, I'll have a go. I suppose you'd have to be Spielren since she is the promiscuous scarlet woman, I'd be Jung because I can't envisage a work based scenario in which I didn't get my knob wet on a regular basis.

No, obviously Mary is Spielrein because she is the neurotic in need of treatment, you are Jung with your fanciful yet well-meaning intent bordering on sexual exploitation, and I am the stubborn insane old man.

manker
07-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Works for me :happy:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 12:15 PM

I'm pleased but I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things it's not all that significant outside of my own little bubble. I also know that a close working relationship with the people in question has a lot to do with it. I'm a technician: a good one, but rarely required to inject my intellectual expertise to the process. This lab seem to want to draw upon it. I cleared up a few of their questions, came in early, stayed late a bit, suggested some ways to do things, that sort of thing. I didn't write any of the paper, I just read it over before it was sent off.

That sums up my first publication as well, the one working on the project, who I was assisting, wrote it, then I rewrote it. He was Chinese, but we ended up making a thing out of it with explaining all the nuances of English language. 'Twas fun, I remember explaining to him what eating out was :smilie4:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 12:19 PM

No, obviously Mary is Spielrein because she is the neurotic in need of treatment, you are Jung with your fanciful yet well-meaning intent bordering on sexual exploitation, and I am the stubborn insane old man.

We uses to play psychoanalysts as kids and everyone always argued over who gets to be Jung, that being said, I'm Jung.

manker
07-17-2012, 12:27 PM
You're outvoted, two people already said I'm Jung.
Deal with it, Spielrein.

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Deal with it, Spielrein.

You don't have the proper Asian quality to play Jung.

Barbarossa
07-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Don't laugh, it's only a little thing but I don't have a doctorate and don't plan on getting one, so I wasn't expecting it.

So, yay me! :happy:

Fantastic! I know how you feel. I felt the same when I first got a letter printed in Smash Hits! :D

manker
07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Deal with it, Spielrein.

You don't have the proper Asian quality to play Jung.You can't disqualify me just because I have a fairly large cawk, racist.

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 12:48 PM
You don't have the proper Asian quality to play Jung.You can't disqualify me just because I have a fairly large cawk, racist.

Bluff, try to write Jung on your cawk with size 16 font, Times New Roman. To not do so is a bluff, send all photographs to 3rd party for verification.

manker
07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
You can't disqualify me just because I have a fairly large cawk, racist.

Bluff, try to write Jung on your cawk with size 16 font, Times New Roman. To not do so is a bluff, send all photographs to 3rd party for verification.I've got a photo with ivana <3 manker written on it in lipstick if that's any good.

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 01:27 PM
I've got a photo with ivana <3 manker written on it in lipstick if that's any good.

I'm not partial to lipstick myself (a bit... greasy) , but whatever method you need to adopt to get some on your cawk, scroll style or not, I'll refrain from judging you.

manker
07-17-2012, 01:32 PM
I've got a photo with ivana <3 manker written on it in lipstick if that's any good.

I'm not partial to lipstick myself (a bit... greasy) , but whatever method you need to adopt to get some on your cawk, scroll style or not, I'll refrain from judging you.I wasn't the one who wrote it :naughty:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm not partial to lipstick myself (a bit... greasy) , but whatever method you need to adopt to get some on your cawk, scroll style or not, I'll refrain from judging you.I wasn't the one who wrote it :naughty:

Did your missus even bother to ask who Ivana is, or is she used to these things by now?

manker
07-17-2012, 01:58 PM
I wasn't the one who wrote it :naughty:

Did your missus even bother to ask who Ivana is, or is she used to these things by now?
Lipstick, dewd.
It wasn't a tattoo, like :ermm:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Lipstick, dewd.
It wasn't a tattoo, like :ermm:

So your missus is a tattoo artist?

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 02:01 PM
If that was a real ermm, then I'm guessing you missed the insinuation that she was the one to write it :idunno:

manker
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
haha yeah I did. I kept checking back to the other thread to see what zany japes Barbie's going to come up with next.

Squeamous
07-17-2012, 02:14 PM
That sums up my first publication as well, the one working on the project, who I was assisting, wrote it, then I rewrote it. He was Chinese, but we ended up making a thing out of it with explaining all the nuances of English language. 'Twas fun, I remember explaining to him what eating out was :smilie4:

Jeez, I remember my ex proof reading the thesises of oriental students at uni. We'd laugh so hard our sides would hurt sometimes. You had your work cut out for you there :console:. Sometimes it was just impossible to understand what they were getting at. Why did you have to explain to him what eating out meant in the course of writing up a scientific paper though? :unsure:

Fantastic! I know how you feel. I felt the same when I first got a letter printed in Smash Hits! :D

Lolacaust!

Bluff, try to write Jung on your cawk with size 16 font, Times New Roman. To not do so is a bluff, send all photographs to 3rd party for verification.

:yup:

manker
07-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah like you're going to fool me into doing that and then not post your bewbs.
That Woman isn't going to hound me off the bored!

manker
07-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Mulder, if you're ever allowed to read this:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Why did you have to explain to him what eating out meant in the course of writing up a scientific paper though? :unsure:

Iirc, we made a lunch out of discussing the edit and he asked something like, "do you want to go eating out?", to which I explained that word order can introduce other meanings. It obviously followed the act of me snickering like a sophomore boy.

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Mulder, if you're ever allowed to read this:

I pressed it softly against my cheek then bobbed up and down to simulate caressing. Just wanted to let you know that's what happens when you leave your bro fist lying around on the internet. Before you have the chance to ask which cheek, the one that makes you more uncomfortable.

manker
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Ah, I don't feel so bad. Taking one for the team is what I'm all about.
Judging by the last few threads you've made - it's the closest you've come to sexual contact for quite some years :console:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Judging by the last few threads you've made - it's the closest you've come to sexual contact for quite some years :console:

I think you meant to say sexual intimacy.

manker
07-17-2012, 04:52 PM

I think you meant to say sexual intimacy.You think putting your arse cheek against the screen of your monitor in the futile hope of feeling some connection with a finely coiffured distant correspondent is 'sexual intimacy'.

Are you ready for that cwtch yet.

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 07:53 PM
You think putting your arse cheek against the screen of your monitor in the futile hope of feeling some connection with a finely coiffured distant correspondent is 'sexual intimacy'.

Are you ready for that cwtch yet.

If you have the talent to portray it masterfully, why you ever left the entertainment business, I don't know.

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I recall warning you. I forgot the particular threat so I'm going to have to think of something worse now.

manker
07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't know what it was either - but it was before you displayed your human side so effetely.
So there's little point in you reissuing the threat. It won't carry any malevolence.

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 08:04 PM
I don't know what it was either - but it was before you displayed your human side so effetely.
So there's little point in you reissuing the threat. It won't carry any malevolence.

I'm going to deepthroat you so bad with a bran fibrous turd.

manker
07-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Won't it just all squash in your hand :unsure:

megabyteme
07-17-2012, 11:04 PM

Now I've got to wipe pre-cum off my netbook screen, but it was worth it. :shifty:

manker
07-17-2012, 11:40 PM
The mere mention of 'fist' gets our American chums in quite a tizzy.
I must remember this.

mjmacky
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM

It's going to be really really branny and really really fibrous. It my smear a little in my gloved hand, but I will be certain not to break it.

Squeamous
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah like you're going to fool me into doing that and then not post your bewbs.
That Woman isn't going to hound me off the bored!

I will send my bewbs if you send me cock. That's the deal :shifty:

It's going to be really really branny and really really fibrous. It my smear a little in my gloved hand, but I will be certain not to break it.

Put it in a condom! Apparently this works :unsure:

mjmacky
07-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Put it in a condom! Apparently this works :unsure:

It is my firm belief that shit should stay on the outside of a condom, regardless of how great your brewers say it feels.

manker
07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Reason: Forgot about Manky:snooty:

I've noticed that you don't blow kisses to me any more when I leave for work, either.

bbhaag
07-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Congrats Squeamous. Even if it's just in your little circle, like you said, it's still nice to get recognized. :thumbsup:

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 09:41 AM
:snooty:

I've noticed that you don't blow kisses to me any more when I leave for work, either.

I stopped taking the pill as well, so it's condoms for you!

Congrats Squeamous. Even if it's just in your little circle, like you said, it's still nice to get recognized. :thumbsup:

Quarterquack
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Congratulations.

Time to steal your thunder. My yeast keyboard is at the fuck-all-has-been-achieved state.

EDIT: Not to undermine the work, but haven't all these "discoveries" been known in other organisms since the 90's? Why has it taken so long to confirm them in whatever animal-not-mentioned-in-the-abstract you've managed to confirm it in?

EDIT2: At least I think so. I faintly remember hox being a localization operant in the Wnt pathway.

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Congratulations.

Time to steal your thunder. My yeast keyboard is at the fuck-all-has-been-achieved state.

EDIT: Not to undermine the work, but haven't all these "discoveries" been known in other organisms since the 90's? Why has it taken so long to confirm them in whatever animal-not-mentioned-in-the-abstract you've managed to confirm it in?

EDIT2: At least I think so. I faintly remember hox being a localization operant in the Wnt pathway.

As far as I know the minimum regulatory region of Tbx5 wasn't isolated, and nobody knew that Tbx4 and 5, while expressing in different areas, fulfill the same functions as each other. Hox genes are very early regulatory developmental genes and involved in all sorts of cell differentiation and organ/limb formation.
The animals we used were mice, because we wanted to look at well.....limb development....in mammals, aka a system not unlike our own.

Btw. There's always some cunt in every seminar/conference, who right at the end feels it his duty to question the validity of everybody else's research. I bet you are that cunt aren't you?

manker
07-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I stopped taking the pill as well, so it's condoms for you!No matter how slight, I'll take any extra girth I can get, miss man-hole :kiss:

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I stopped taking the pill as well, so it's condoms for you!No matter how slight, I'll take any extra girth I can get, miss man-hole :kiss:

Might help with your pencil dick :wub:

manker
07-19-2012, 03:15 PM
No matter how slight, I'll take any extra girth I can get, miss man-hole :kiss:

Might help with your pencil dick :wub:
<inserts argument about never having complaints before><waxes lyrical about how they didn't want to hurt my fragile male pride>I measure up pretty well in the showers after football, I'll have you know.

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 03:16 PM
<inserts argument about never having complaints before><waxes lyrical about how they didn't want to hurt my fragile male pride>I measure up pretty well in the showers after football, I'll have you know.

<inserts humorous quip about how all hard-ons look pretty much the same>

manker
07-19-2012, 03:21 PM
<waxes lyrical about how they didn't want to hurt my fragile male pride>I measure up pretty well in the showers after football, I'll have you know.

<inserts humorous quip about how all hard-ons look pretty much the same>
:eyebrows:

Either every penis you've ever encountered has been pencil-esque - in which case we both lose.
Or I win the; 'actually my cawk is prefectly adequate thank you very much but your fanny is huge' argument.

I'll take some form of comfort from the first scenario so basically :01:

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 03:23 PM

Either every penis you've ever encountered has been pencil-esque - in which case we both lose.
Or I win the; 'actually my cawk is prefectly adequate thank you very much but your fanny is huge' argument.

Sorry, let me clarify. I should have said 'all Welsh hard-ons look pretty much the same'. I hope that's cleared it up for you x

manker
07-19-2012, 03:31 PM

Sorry, let me clarify. I should have said 'all Welsh hard-ons look pretty much the same'. I hope that's cleared it up for you xYeah they do.

Really ginormous, probably.

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Sorry, let me clarify. I should have said 'all Welsh hard-ons look pretty much the same'. I hope that's cleared it up for you xYeah they do.

It's really a moot point. I've never met a penis I didn't like :happy:

mjmacky
07-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah they do.

Is that to say you haven't actually met enough pricks?

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 10:19 PM

Is that to say you haven't actually met enough pricks?

I doubt it :mellow:

megabyteme
07-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Am I the only one to notice manker's lack of disgust at mention that he would have a hard-on in the shower with fellow football players? :O

megabyteme
07-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Scratch all that, I just remembered that the "football" mentioned was the :ghey: kind.

manker
07-19-2012, 10:27 PM
What mention.
I saw no mention of hard ons :blink:

manker
07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Oh, I see it now. I completely missed it the first time.
I was too busy pwning Squeams' vagina with cawk based words.

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Am I the only one to notice manker's lack of disgust at mention that he would have a hard-on in the shower with fellow football players? :O

+1
But then, this is Manker we're talking about......

manker
07-19-2012, 10:32 PM
We usually have a gimmick, if you don't bring the gimmick or do the gimmick, you pay a fine which goes into the tour kitty. The fine is two quid.
The gimmick one week was to get a hard-on in the showers.

That is all.

megabyteme
07-19-2012, 10:40 PM
We usually have a gimmick, if you don't bring the gimmick or do the gimmick, you pay a fine which goes into the tour kitty. The fine is two quid.

That is all. More than revealing enough.

Fix'd. :blink:

manker
07-19-2012, 10:52 PM
(oYo)

Aside: I actually thought of Arty when I saw that mug, but he hasn't done anything to warrant it recently. It's been mostly mary but now you, too.

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 10:57 PM

That is all.

'tour' :lol:

manker
07-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I get the distinct feeling that was at and not with.

We go on tour :emo@

Squeamous
07-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I get the distinct feeling that was at and not with.

We go on tour :emo@

Is that like a pub crawl or something else?

manker
07-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Definitely the latter.
Tour will remain a mystery to any and all people of a female disposition :happy:

Squeamous
07-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Definitely the latter.
Tour will remain a mystery to any and all people of a female disposition :happy:

I'm getting a montage in my mind of a load of overweight middle aged men vomiting and spending money they don't have in strip bars. And the backing music is 'Eye of the Tiger' :happy:

manker
07-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Definitely the latter.

I'm getting a montage in my mind of a load of overweight middle aged men vomiting and spending money they don't have in strip bars. And the backing music is 'Eye of the Tiger' :happy:That's every Saturday night in Cardiff when we ensconce ourselves with the riff-raff.
Tour is different and it's a cypher which you will never unravel.

Squeamous
07-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm getting a montage in my mind of a load of overweight middle aged men vomiting and spending money they don't have in strip bars. And the backing music is 'Eye of the Tiger' :happy:That's every Saturday night in Cardiff when we ensconce ourselves with the riff-raff.
Tour is different and it's a cypher which you will never unravel.

I know, you mens have always been and always will be, far too complex for the likes of me to unravel

:glag:

manker
07-20-2012, 12:43 AM
/not clicking obvious contradictory spoiler and heading straight up the stairs with a 'damn right' look on my face.

nite <3

Squeamous
07-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Don't knock your head on the chandelier on the way up.

Night x