PDA

View Full Version : Reel wars

redwhitevision
07-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Hello guys. Does anyone remember this show called Reel Wars ?
It's like survivor, but for fisherman. 2 guys are outfitted w/ backpacks and rod and then they get to choose a variety of other gear based on points. They get 20 points to spend, so a tent is like 5pts, extra bait 2 pts, etc.
Well you mostly see these guys fish and grumble about being hungry (oh, yeah - they can only eat what they catch).

Does anyone have any idea where this can be watched/downloaded ? It was like 5 episodes, aired around 2002 on Discovery channel.
(Sorry if this is the wrong section)

clocker
07-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Well, I exhausted my normal sources- first Wikipedia (which has no listing for the show) and then demonoid (ditto).

I suspect you might be hallucinating because I can't imagine a scenario that would entice me into watching people fish.
Unless the fish were armed.

manker
07-20-2012, 01:51 PM
A reality show I might actually enjoy :o

Unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere. It wasn't listed on tvtorrents and there weren't that many references even to people talking about it on google.
If you find it, post it here, though, if you wouldn't mind.

Artemis
07-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Both TVRage and the TVDB came up zip on a search for 'Reel Wars', there was no show found and since TVDB in particular is an XML Database you can't really screw it up with a name query. The nearest possible and only fishy hit was Whale Wars. Are you sure this is the name of the show and also, what network/year did it premiere?

IdolEyes787
07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Are you sure this is the name of the show and also, what network/year did it premiere?

See first post.
Stop asking stupid questions.
Learn to use Google. http://www.locatetv.com/tv/reel-wars/1861096

manker
07-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Since we're on about fishing shows; there's one I particularly like.
It's called Extreme Fishing with Robson Green.

Now, it's not really 'extreme' fishing. It's just fishing. But each week he goes somewhere you wouldn't think of to fish and has a kind of competition against a local fisherman. They can rarely speak English but almost always pwn Mr. Green. He's quite a funny, emotional and self-deprecating chap who happens to adore fishing and really seems to be living his particular dream by making this series.

He is kindof famous in the UK amongst housewives for being a TV actor and singer of crappy covers from the before time.
I didn't think I'd like him, but I do.

redwhitevision
07-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me while I was away Idol.

@manker yeah, used to watch that one too but it's not as good as the one I mentioned earlier. It used to be on tv when I was younger and when internet was rather a privilege. Tried on Demonoid too, couldn't find it, that's why I came here. I read on the internets that it has re-runs but don't really know for sure where or when. An example : http://www.fishingtalkireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11355&p=101680
Maybe someone around here has the chance to get a TV rip or something, just an idea.

Artemis
07-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Are you sure this is the name of the show and also, what network/year did it premiere?

See first post.
Stop asking stupid questions.
Learn to use Google. http://www.locatetv.com/tv/reel-wars/1861096

Thanks for that, skimmed the first post but bothered to search two fairly reliable sources before I came back with this query, TVRage being the largest TVSite and TVDB being an XML database of TV shows, neither listed Reel Wars. But fuck you very much for your helpful input, I will afford you the same courtesy.

clocker
07-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Since we're on about fishing shows; there's one I particularly like.
It's called Extreme Fishing with Robson Green.

Now, it's not really 'extreme' fishing. It's just fishing. But each week he goes somewhere you wouldn't think of to fish and has a kind of competition against a local fisherman. They can rarely speak English but almost always pwn Mr. Green. He's quite a funny, emotional and self-deprecating chap who happens to adore fishing and really seems to be living his particular dream by making this series.

He is kindof famous in the UK amongst housewives for being a TV actor and singer of crappy covers from the before time.
I didn't think I'd like him, but I do.
My takeaway here is that given a suitably charismatic host, you'd watch a show about anything.

This makes you the sweet gooey center of the target demographic for my reality entry...Extreme! Coma War(d)s.
We'll be pitting long term vegetative state patients against each other in a variety of wacky challenges and crafting season long personal story arcs following the personal sacrifices and romantic entanglements of the comatose contestants.
Production costs are remarkably low and the series is available at quite attractive rates, production values were specifically tailored to fit the TLC/History channel templates.
Look for it soon on heavy rotation and be sure to visit our website for exciting branded swag.

manker
07-22-2012, 09:15 PM
My takeaway here is that given a suitably charismatic host, you'd watch a show about anything.
Yeah it does read a bit like that but couldn't be further from the truth.
I think that's the only British show I watch regularly - and I do love fishing. I'd watch a fishing show over anything except trashy vampire based American drama and live sport.

I'd maybe watch the coma show, though, if you polish your pitch and get it so that the relatives of the coma victim are more involved. I'd nominate any family member of mine that was in a coma.
It would make visiting more endurable because, really, that must suck hard. You can't even get a proper reception in most of the hospitals around here so my smart phone would be useless.

redwhitevision
07-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I'd watch a fishing show over anything except trashy vampire based American drama.

You can say that again.

manker
07-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd watch a fishing show over anything except trashy vampire based American drama.

You can say that again.
A kindred spirt :happy:

Okay, some quick-fire qestions:
Elena or Buffy?
Fred or Willow?
Angel's hair or Buffy's tits?
WolfRam and Hart or The Originals?
Stefan or Damon?
Who would you like to kill most; Xander Harris or Nicholas Brendon.
Angel or David Boreanaz?
A chance 15 second meeting with Sarah Michelle Gellar or your whole family being saved from a house fire?

megabyteme
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
You can say that again.
A kindred spirt :happy:

Elena or Buffy?
Fred or Willow? I don't know Fred.
Stefan or Damon? His quirky expressions of defiance outweigh Stefan's struggles with maintaining a firm personality.
Who would you like to kill most; Xander Harris or Nicholas Brendon. Taking out the source of evil is always the better plan.
Angel or David Boreanaz? Neither.
A chance 1 5 second meeting with Sarah Michelle Gellar or your whole family being saved from a house fire? Although, my entire birth family being burnt to appease whimsical gods would be acceptable without second options.

I'm about 65% through with season 3 of Diaries, and have come to the realization that if everyone simply got together and killed Elena, there would be no more trouble in the show. Kill the hawt drama queen!

manker
07-23-2012, 07:25 PM
:lol:
My thoughts exactly regarding the problem that is Elena. Reminds me of Dawn in Buffy.

You got a pretty decent 50% on the test, mbm. That means you can be my friend but we'd never be disappearing to the tattoo shop to get matching piercings or anything.
Mind, your answers on questions 6 and 8 were wrth extra credit.

thebazzla
07-23-2012, 07:35 PM
i remember seeing a couple of the reel wars a few years ago and it wasn't a bad show.
i have not seen it on any torrent site at all, its not even on the box. and that site has a few fishing shows including one of my old time favs out of town with jack hargreaves. not on sky myself but there is a channel called discovery shed which has a lot of fishing shows old and new.

megabyteme
07-23-2012, 07:55 PM
:lol:
My thoughts exactly regarding the problem that is Elena. Reminds me of Dawn in Buffy.

You got a pretty decent 50% on the test, mbm. That means you can be my friend but we'd never be disappearing to the tattoo shop to get matching piercings or anything.
Mind, your answers on questions 6 and 8 were wrth extra credit.

Why do I get the feeling the 50% would be a lot closer if i were also a worshiper the Boreanaz? I never got into Angel, and didn't like him on Buffy much. Now, Spike, he deserved his own show...

mjmacky
07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Elena or Buffy?
Fred or Willow?
Stefan or Damon?
Who would you like to kill most; Xander Harris or Nicholas Brendon.
Angel or David Boreanaz?
A chance 15 second meeting with Sarah Michelle Gellar or your whole family being saved from a house fire?

I get it, you're gay, but in a gay kind of way.

megabyteme
07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
I get it, you're gay, but in a gay kind of way.

Manker's answers:

Elena or Buffy? David Boreanaz
Fred or Willow? David Boreanaz
WolfRam and Hart or The Originals? David Boreanaz
Stefan or Damon? Who could choose?
Who would you like to kill most; Xander Harris or Nicholas Brendon? Both, in order to replace them with David Boreanaz
Angel or David Boreanaz? :O
A chance 15 second meeting with Sarah Michelle Gellar David Boreanaz or your whole family being saved from a house fire?

Sad case if the :ghey:

manker
07-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Sometimes being a moderator of the internets is tough; it's like you get a small taste of power but then an infraction just isn't enough.
Infractions are gateway drugs.
You desire an inline mod which will simultaneously invoke a massive spike to protrude from several users' monitors and stab them hard in the face to glean any sort of satisfaction.

But I digress. There's nothing ghey about liking Angel's hair and also, mbm, Angel > Buffy > Vampire Diaries.
You should give it a shot.

megabyteme
07-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Sometimes being a moderator of the internets is tough; it's like you get a small taste of power but then an infraction just isn't enough.
You desire an inline mod which will simultaneously invoke a massive spike to protrude from several users' monitors and stab them hard in the face to glean any sort of satisfaction.

But I digress. There's nothing ghey about liking Angel's hair and also, mbm, Angel > Buffy > Vampire Diaries.

I see two times here in which you fail to make a point.

manker
07-25-2012, 10:41 AM
:eyebrows:

Mary, is that you?

megabyteme
07-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Sorry, wrong account. I meant to say, you are :ghey:.

manker
07-25-2012, 01:04 PM
That's more like it.
I hate when you people escape from your pigeon holes.

mjmacky
07-25-2012, 09:48 PM

I see two times here in which you fail to make a point.

Also, you are ghey.

redwhitevision
07-25-2012, 09:55 PM
manker turned my thread into a spam topic, that's just awfully rude.

Now for the more serious part of this reply, someone said something about a channel airing old and new fishing show, well my answer is that I'm not having that channel in my tv subscription (country related), the aim of this thread was to ask if anyone found it anywhere, at first, and since it's pretty much clear that it can't be found anywhere yet, if anyone can rip it.

Cheers. (Also, I'm having a thought time lately, that means I might reply late around here, sorry for that)

manker
07-25-2012, 10:01 PM
:snooty:

All I did was react to the stimulus you provided about liking trashy American vampire based TV shows.

Artemis
07-29-2012, 10:47 PM
manker turned my thread into a spam topic, that's just awfully rude.

Now for the more serious part of this reply, someone said something about a channel airing old and new fishing show, well my answer is that I'm not having that channel in my tv subscription (country related), the aim of this thread was to ask if anyone found it anywhere, at first, and since it's pretty much clear that it can't be found anywhere yet, if anyone can rip it.

Cheers. (Also, I'm having a thought time lately, that means I might reply late around here, sorry for that)

Hope the thought time works out for you.... :idunno:

redwhitevision
08-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah well, with the right people around you it doesn't seem so bad after all.
Anyway, does anyone have any news ?

Artemis
08-02-2012, 09:37 PM
The Titanic sank, it was sad....

megabyteme
08-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Some British guy sucks at zip line.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Meg's wife is a beard,although that's hardly news.

megabyteme
08-03-2012, 02:24 AM
She shaves. :dry:

redwhitevision
08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
If one could get payed for trolling.. some of you would be rich.
Points granted for at least being funny, I guess.
Have a "LOL" day guys. (best line you ever heard, yes)

eaxsound
12-13-2013, 03:41 AM
Hello guys. Does anyone remember this show called Reel Wars ?
It's like survivor, but for fisherman. 2 guys are outfitted w/ backpacks and rod and then they get to choose a variety of other gear based on points. They get 20 points to spend, so a tent is like 5pts, extra bait 2 pts, etc.
Well you mostly see these guys fish and grumble about being hungry (oh, yeah - they can only eat what they catch).

Does anyone have any idea where this can be watched/downloaded ? It was like 5 episodes, aired around 2002 on Discovery channel.
(Sorry if this is the wrong section)

mate, this is the best that can be done, ive trawled the net all over for this show, see following link for details of program times

http://www.discoveryuk.com/tv-guide/?type=search&channel_code=RTXC-ENG&date=12122013&style=uk_day&filter=1800&search_string=reel%20wars

and why the rest of you fucking idiots cant just answer a simple question without showing how small your cocks are ill never know