PDA

View Full Version : The good side of eco-nut environmentalism

07-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm not saying I was wrong about man-made global warming, but I can now see that the fight against it may not be such a bad thing. In fact, all of the environmentalist ideas I used to hate so much, now make some sense to me. They drive up the cost of everything, and you should see some of these people in Oregon, how they are almost giddy about spending more money than they have to on certain products and services if they think it will somehow be good for planet earth. I see where I can make a lot of money off of the fools in Oregon.

I recently bought some stock in a waste management company which attempts to act like it is somehow a "green" company. People need a place to put their garbage, and if they think that they can send it to some place that will somehow keep it from polluting the environment, they are actually willing to pay more for it-- and here's the kicker-- voluntarily and gladly!

And as I have mentioned before, eco-nuts hate growth and try to slow it down. Which means fewer jobs for everyone, including illegals. Unless you know someone in a position of hiring authority in Oregon, you're not going to have an easy time finding a good job. And since there is not a whole lot of population growth in Oregon, they just don't need a huge pool of low skilled, low paid immigrants.

It's a win-win situation for me!