PDA

View Full Version : Xirvik down.

neolxs
07-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Noticed this morning that xirvik Is down, even their website isn't showing.

Anyone else have this problem or know what's up?

stan
07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Dns problem . Your box is still running .

Web site is up for me . http://www.xirvik.com/

fruitkiller
07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
No, it is down, my box is down as well as their sites.

I sent an email, but knowing xirvik it will take 18 hours before I receive a reply...

First time I see this happen.

Heh, as I posted this, everything was back up 2 mins afterwards.

That's a rather crappy way to introduce myself to this forum..lol.

stan
07-23-2012, 02:46 PM
:lol:

Edit. So I emailed them myself . 20 minutes later got a reply .

There's an outgoing attack on our DNS provider .

Not a long time for their undoubtedly busiest day of the year .

xirvflux
07-23-2012, 03:33 PM
No, it is down, my box is down as well as their sites.

No it's not. This is a DNS problem caused by a Denial-of-Service attack on the company that runs our DNS service (Zerigo). It affects all their customers, not just us.

You can monitor the status here: http://zerigostatus.com/

I sent an email, but knowing xirvik it will take 18 hours before I receive a reply...

If you sent an email then it was replied with your server's IP address so you can continue operating normally. Please don't spread misinformation.

Dickiedoo
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
LOL. First main day with Xirvik today. I trialled a dedi yesterday and was so impressed that I have now paid up for 3 months. I was wondering what the hell I had got myself into, but having said that, I'm sure this isn't a common occurrance. My IP address was looking at me in the account settings, but how many of us would have taken much notice until today?

BTW, Xirvik took about 6 hours to get back to me, but in the circumstances I think it was quite understandable/acceptable. However, I think they have learned from this by keeping their twitter page up to date.

It's a bit like being stuck in a traffic jam - things arn't so bad once you have information as to what is going on.

Beanhammer
07-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I contacted the MSN support for mine, got answer straight away :)