PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems 1 boot issue 1 hard drive issue maybe related

attackdog
07-26-2012, 04:19 AM
I had a hard drive in a pre built HP pc, I stripped it for parts and put it in a pc I built formatted installed Windows 7 ultimate used the Windows loader everything worked fine no problems. I had to format the drive a couple of days ago and everything went tits up.

As I was reinstalling Windows it went to restart then just froze at boot no blue screen or anything just a black screen with a flashing -. I restarted the pc went to the bios made sure that it would boot from HDD which it was, exited and the same thing happened.

In a brain fart instead of hitting delete to get in bios I was hitting F12 and 2.2TB infinity pops up (MSI Motherboard option I think) and asks which device I want to boot from, I choose HDD and Windows starts to install again. Now part one of the problem, regardless of what settings I have in the bios infinity turned off cd drive disabled it wont boot back up unless I choose it to from the infinity option. I would like to know how to fix that, as it is really annoying to remember to press F12 every time I want to boot up.

My second problem is that when I try to use the loader it tells me I have an error and that it is caused by the drive being OEM locked and that I should use something like active kill disk to completely format the drive, which I did, twice. The free option which was one pass zero.

How do I fix that.