PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid Replacement For Classical Music

hunkytrucker
07-27-2012, 04:45 PM
It looks like Demonoid is going to be down for quite a while. Can anyone suggest
good alternatives for classical music, preferably FLAC ?
I always kept my Demonoid ratio above 1. I don't want to be messing around
with seedboxes, so sites that impose draconian user conditions are a no-no.

Thanks !

anon
07-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Try RuTracker. The interface is in Russian, but it's very easy to use. Tons of lossless, seeding is a breeze and ratios only limit how many torrents you may download per day, it won't get you banned. Excellent place.

stan
07-27-2012, 08:17 PM
If you prefer Flacs that are split into separate tracks the many single file Flacs,Alac and Apes on Rutracker can be off putting . 95% of them can be be changed into Flac with separate tracks very easily in Cuetools . About 2 minutes each.

Once hit the 100 torrents a day limit on Rutracker.:frusty:

Funkin'
07-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Use Demonoid.

hunkytrucker
07-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Use Demonoid.

Demonoid id DOWN, dummy.

Thanks for the other suggestions !

thelastaccount
07-29-2012, 06:09 PM
You could always go for one of the big two music trackers, they always have the classical stuff I'm looking for

stan
07-29-2012, 06:30 PM
True but he will struggle badly with the ratio. In WhatCD's case his grandchildren will be seeding it back.:yup:

sheriff 01
07-29-2012, 09:37 PM
yeah, is always best to grab the popular stuff for reseeding purposes. I highly doubt classical is in that mix but anyways if you run into ratio probs at whatcd just pm one of the admins there and they will glady help you out.

aoshivx
08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Try RuTracker. The interface is in Russian, but it's very easy to use. Tons of lossless, seeding is a breeze and ratios only limit how many torrents you may download per day, it won't get you banned. Excellent place.

^^ + 1 :naughty::naughty:= Clearly this is the best ALTERNATivE, heck I'd say its better than demonid for Classical Stuff. I might be wrong, but I always get my classical stuff from RU.

musiclover7
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Personally.. I cannot read a single thing on RUTracker. I tried using a translating add on to translate the page from Russian to English, but that did not work at all either..

anon
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Personally.. I cannot read a single thing on RUTracker. I tried using a translating add on to translate the page from Russian to English, but that did not work at all either..

Chrome has such a feature built-in if you want to try something else. Anyway, it's not hard to use the site if you don't speak Russian. A search bar and an icon to "download .torrent" should be understandable to anyone :)

And if you want to read the file info or comments, you can just paste them in Google's translator.

hunkytrucker
08-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for RUTracker !

Registering was simple, using Google Translation.

I've just downloaded my first album:happy: