PDA

View Full Version : Server busy a lot lately.

megabyteme
07-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I've been getting the "server busy" nearly every day for the past week.

Is there routine maintenance, or a re-occurring problem?

I've got important stuffs to post damnit! :fist:

mjmacky
07-27-2012, 07:40 PM
It's one of the reasons for my reduced activities lately

megabyteme
07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
It's one of the reasons for my reduced activities lately

I knew it wasn't you or chalice causing the busyness lately. :no:

IdolEyes787
07-28-2012, 02:26 AM

I have this theory that the absentee owner decided to increase his profits by hosting the board on something that can only be described as small and antiquated, sort of like your penis.

mjmacky
07-28-2012, 04:05 AM
I have this theory that the absentee owner decided to increase his profits by hosting the board on something that can only be described as small and antiquated, sort of like your penis.

I can offer mine for rent, it's currently getting little use and is quite accommodating in terms of size.

megabyteme
07-28-2012, 06:06 AM

Unlike my peen, the server is busy. Uptime on the server seems about on par though. :pinch:

anotherone
07-28-2012, 11:36 PM
You should offer Tesco the use of your hate site Mary, its got much better availability than FST.

megabyteme
07-29-2012, 01:25 AM
You should offer Tesco the use of your hate site Mary, its got much better availability than FST.

As a matter of fact, there has been only one poster on that site over the past two weeks, and he has been busy talking deliriously to himself. Certainly, some of the spare bandwidth could be donated.

Quarterquack
07-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Page Background = White
If IP address = MBM residential signature
Then Packet Loss = 95%
Print "Server Busy [/color=white]Keep playing my game, cunt[/color]."
EndIf

megabyteme
07-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I suspected fowl play all along. :angry:

manker
07-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah the server has seemed to suck a lot of bawls recently.
From what I can gather, tesco is busy inventing a wireless monitor but will look into the server problem soon.

TheFoX
07-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Actually, I think it is good that the server is busy, because no one likes paying for something that is going to hang around being idle. Just goes to show that the server is being utilised properly. Well done team...

Artemis
08-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah the server has seemed to suck a lot of bawls recently.
From what I can gather, tesco is busy inventing a wireless monitor but will look into the server problem soon.

It is starting to be a case of full blown AIDS with the server availability now, it is more than just busy the outages are becoming quite frequent, the latest server 503 internal database error for several hours wasn't exactly a sign of health.

megabyteme
08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of placing the server on a wax-coated drum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonograph_cylinder). :no:

megabyteme
08-05-2012, 12:00 AM
If I were paying Manker any more than $20 per month for access to this site, I'd demand a partial refund for downtime. :no:

Cabalo
08-05-2012, 05:21 AM
I had to look up and find in which section this thread was again. It seemed like the lounge, but oddly it's not.

megabyteme
08-05-2012, 06:21 AM
I had to look up and find in which section this thread was again. It seemed like the lounge, but oddly it's not.

You make a fair point. Can you give us some info on what the problems are? That's really what I was after from the start.

manker
08-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I honestly have no idea. I would have posted if I did, not sure if tesco's had much time to fix stuff recently.
Has the problem been the same over the last few days? I haven't been on as much as usual but the board worked fine when I was here.

tesco
08-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I finally had time to do a few tweaks last night, looks like the server made it through the night, lets see how it goes.

anon
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Has the problem been the same over the last few days? I haven't been on as much as usual but the board worked fine when I was here.

Yesterday the server had a pretty big downtime during the afternoon here, of approximately 5 hours. No "server is too busy", it just wouldn't connect at all.

I finally had time to do a few tweaks last night, looks like the server made it through the night, lets see how it goes.

Nice, hope it's stable now. Thank you :)

IdolEyes787
08-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Whatever. I'm still going with my theory that the owner is one cheap bastard.

chalice
08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
It's like walking through treacle at the minute. Something's fucked.

TheFoX
08-06-2012, 05:59 PM
It's like walking through treacle at the minute. Something's fucked.

tesco
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM
So has anyone seen the server busy error, or had any other problems loading the page, in the past few days?

manker
08-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I've not seen that error message since the last time I posted here. It is a bit slow, sometimes, but that's not really much of a problem.
Looks like your tweaks did the job, cheers :]

anon
08-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Visiting the forum with the same frequency as usual, I haven't seen any of those dreaded error messages either. :)

megabyteme
08-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Seems to be doing better now. Thanks!

Cabalo
08-09-2012, 11:32 PM
So has anyone seen the server busy error, or had any other problems loading the page, in the past few days?
It's cool now. Sphynx update?

tesco
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
It's cool now. Sphynx update?
No, apache was poorly tuned.