PDA

View Full Version : hey i got a new internet connection..:P

stitched
07-31-2012, 11:54 AM
when i started using torrents for the first time,i heard about this site,i used to spend soo much time here trying to get into all the elite trackers,whining about stupid things in my life and all ,
my internet speed used to be 256kbps,download speed of about 25/30kBs..........and then life happened ,
i have become 26 now ,still am immature and all recently broke up with my 3 1/2 year relationship
i got a new internet connection 10mbps yesterday....my download speed is like 1mBps...i was soo happy:wacko: i had to tell it someone and i tot i should post it here first....share my happiness :P,i am a pretty happy man (for)now.
thank you:)

manker
08-01-2012, 11:21 AM
I find that the faster my internet connection gets, the less patience I have to wait for stuff to download. They're inexorably linked and directly and equally proportional.
Empirically speaking, I'm still on dial-up.

Artemis
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I find that the faster my internet connection gets, the less patience I have to wait for stuff to download. They're inexorably linked and directly and equally proportional.

As a non-imperical test, just as a reminder of how far things have progressed, you should disable the wireless connection on your laptop then connect via the modem. The high pitched squeal of the negotiation, the connect and then the dramatic wait for even a lightweight modern webpage to load (if it has alot of flash animation or advertisements you may want to find a different page) within a short while you will scream and rip out the connection and re-enable your wireless connection. After that jaunt down memory lane you will be panting and eternally grateful for ADSL and wireless networking. :blink:

manker
08-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Fuck no, I'm already grateful for it and each time my connection doesn't max out, I'm reminded of how little patience i have.
There's no way to put the genie back in the bottle.

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 12:22 PM

I dislike having 20mb internets when I can only download about 1gb in the evening before the virgin media "traffic management" kicks in and slows my connection down. What's the point in being able to download at 2.4mbps when I can only do it for a few of minutes a day:pinch:

manker
08-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Ask your mam if she'll pay for the unlimited package.
And if you're not living with her any more, ask your new wife if she'll let you spend a bit more on internets :smilie4:

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
And if you're not living with her any more, ask your new wife if she'll let you spend a bit more on internets :smilie4:

All the packages have the "fair use" policy where you're limited to x amount of data between certain thymes.

Couldn't even get cable internets at the wench's, stupid backwards town:no:

manker
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
What about Sky, like. I'm sure I've seen them advertise a package which is called 'truly unlimited' or something else.
I'm with a company called Primus that say it's limited to 40GB a month but they don't seem to be arsed if I download more than that in a day. Plus it's only £16 including line rental.

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 12:36 PM
I just set large amounts of stuff downloading after midnight instead, they don't seem to give a shit as long as it's not during "peak hours".

Artemis
08-01-2012, 12:40 PM

All the packages have the "fair use" policy where you're limited to x amount of data between certain thymes.

Couldn't even get cable internets at the wench's, stupid backwards town:no:

One major ISP here has already been taken to court and lost having to pay back millions to customers (including me) over a 'fair use' package which was so heavily packet shaped as to be unusable. In the end they had to refund four months of connection fees to every one on the plan. Any plan that has fair use and limited pool of data allocated to it is next to useless, I say this because pricing and plans are fairly similar both here and in the U.K., but with a far smaller population there are less ISP's and far less choice or competiton here.

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I didn't even know they had the internets in australia :o

Artemis
08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Of course 'they' don't, bunch of kangaroo ropers, I on the other hand am from a civilised country not populated by convicts, that has the marvel of the intertubes.

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 12:55 PM
:rod:

you aussies like fishing, don't ewe?:smilie4:

Artemis
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Close but no banana, I'm from New Zealand. :naughty:

Barbarossa
08-01-2012, 01:09 PM
hooray! Classic roddage :happy:

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 01:12 PM
It's what this place is missing.

Barbarossa
08-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I dunno, we've been rodding dave almost constantly since before Christmas..

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM
That doesn't count tho', with him it's the same tedious thing over and over.
You'd think you'd know it's time to give up when almost everyone just scrolls straight past what you say.

Barbarossa
08-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I dunno it's never seemed to bother Artemis :idunno:

manker
08-01-2012, 02:05 PM
You'd think you'd know it's time to give up when almost everyone just scrolls straight past what you say.120967:smilie4:

manker
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
doing the same joke at the same time as someone you just took the piss out of < *

Barbarossa
08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
hahahahahaha :P

Artemis
08-01-2012, 02:31 PM

That had dawned on me, hence a lack of recent participation.

manker
08-01-2012, 02:36 PM

Pay no attention, Arty. You're loved.
He's already destroyed Dave's life and hounded countless others off the board through his besmirching antics.

Don't let the bullies win :cry:

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Pay no attention, Arty. You're loved.
He's already destroyed Dave's life and hounded countless others off the board through his besmirching antics.

Don't let the bullies win :cry:

True that, barbie normally has me close to tears with his posts.

Proper Bo
08-01-2012, 02:45 PM
tho' that's not through bullying.

manker
08-01-2012, 02:47 PM
:lol:

Artemis
08-01-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm a big boy now, I can handle the knocks as well as give them, although I did walk the plank that time.

Such is life. :unsure:

Barbarossa
08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
:lol: :pinch:

IdolEyes787
08-01-2012, 08:22 PM
when i started using torrents for the first time,i heard about this site,i used to spend soo much time here trying to get into all the elite trackers,whining about stupid things in my life and all ,
my internet speed used to be 256kbps,download speed of about 25/30kBs..........and then life happened ,
i have become 26 now ,still am immature and all recently broke up with my 3 1/2 year relationship
i got a new internet connection 10mbps yesterday....my download speed is like 1mBps...i was soo happy:wacko: i had to tell it someone and i tot i should post it here first....share my happiness :P,i am a pretty happy man (for)now.
thank you:)

Since you don't seem willing to do it yourself then please let me be incredibly embarrassed for you.

stitched
08-01-2012, 09:14 PM