PDA

View Full Version : Meanest Movie SOB

megabyteme
08-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Well, who is it?

I'll start with Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York. Maybe not the meanest, but a solid entry, and the type of character I'm looking for.

Artemis
08-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Personally I'd have to go with Bobby Pellitt.

http://i.imgur.com/WA2g9.jpg

With lines like: I'm a greenbelt motherfucker!
he is one scary dewd. :blink:

megabyteme
08-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Jenifer Aniston was pretty hard-core in that, too. :fear:

IdolEyes787
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Because this is dumb I'm going with Snidely Whiplash.

manker
08-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm going with Bryan Mills and clocker is wrong.

megabyteme
08-01-2012, 09:33 PM

I forgot you only watch movies with happy endings and cute furry critters. And rainbows.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2012, 09:02 PM

I forgot you only watch movies with happy endings and cute furry critters. And rainbows.

No I'm not adverse to the occasional film that depresses the fuck out of me and makes me generally want to kill myself.

Artemis
08-02-2012, 09:46 PM
If there was an actor that played a complete S.O.B. in his films and did it well, I personally think Michael Wincott is a strong contender, as an actor he could be so deliciously evil in the parts he has played.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Since this thread is still stuck on dumb, the Queen Bees from Mean Girls.
I mean(no pun intended) it's even in the title so obviously it's a win.

chalice
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg3EF-YjWLs

IdolEyes787
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
So if I'm not mistaken the purpose of that film is to bore me to death.
Bloody well done then I must admit.

chalice
08-02-2012, 10:21 PM
So if I'm not mistaken the purpose of that film is to bore me to death.
Bloody well done then I must admit.

It's a short film funded by BBC Northern Ireland in response to the Troubles at the time. It's basically a series of murders, based on authentic newspaper reports, not engaging in dialogue to give non-political status to the deceased. It's brutal and relentless. The last ten minutes is one of the most harrowing and confusing things I've seen committed to film. Seen from either or both the victim's and assassin's perspective, the whole thing will fuck with your bleeding fucking heart, Canadian sensibilities.

Next time I'll show pictures of puppies getting pulped. I'm sure that'll stir your liberal loins.

Point being, there are no bad guys. Not really. Not when you're getting shot in the back of the head.

megabyteme
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM

No I'm not adverse to the occasional film that depresses the fuck out of me and makes me generally want to kill myself.

I actually meant for this to be a serious topic. It's fine if it ends up derailed, but my intent was to find a collection of roles where the bad guy truly pulled it off, and didn't use some overly stylized, campy, or cartoonish character because they can't pull off a truly convincing hardass. These roles are far more rare than common- and they typically make for some really good films.

Daniel Day-Lewis also did a GREAT job of being a true SOB in There Will Be Blood.

EDIT- I'll add R. Lee Emery from Full Metal Jacket and Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men.
Each of these roles MADE the movie.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I actually meant for this to be a serious topic.

Surprisingly I understood that.

It's a short film funded by BBC Northern Ireland in response to the Troubles at the time. It's basically a series of murders, based on authentic newspaper reports, not engaging in dialogue to give non-political status to the deceased. It's brutal and relentless. The last ten minutes is one of the most harrowing and confusing things I've seen committed to film. Seen from either or both the victim's and assassin's perspective, the whole thing will fuck with your bleeding fucking heart, Canadian sensibilities.

Next time I'll show pictures of puppies getting pulped. I'm sure that'll stir your liberal loins.

Point being, there are no bad guys. Not really. Not when you're getting shot in the back of the head.

Surprisingly I understood that too. The real art to playing a villain well is understanding that no one really views himself as being "the bad guy".

megabyteme
08-03-2012, 10:16 AM
The real art to playing a villain well is understanding that no one really views himself as being "the bad guy".

It's also possible to simply not care what anyone thinks, or one's interests can blind them to all other's rights/interests. I think both of these can be elements to what you said.

EDIT- Some do enjoy/wish harm to come to others. It's more difficult for normal people to imagine, but some simply get off on hurting people in various ways. /:emo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg3EF-YjWLs

Irish. :no: