PDA

View Full Version : Compaq V6000 Question

Grumpybear2000
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
I have Compaq V6000 problem. This laptop does not recognise the hard disk, plus when i start it up it has a loud continual beep. The hard disk does work have tried in my other computer. Any help is appreciated thanks in advance.

Artemis
08-01-2012, 11:32 AM
The beep error codes are common to HP and Compaq laptops and some desktop (Deskpro) systems. The beep code indicates a basic service has not started. Usually the beep code error appears because the cooling vents for the CPU / GPU /Northbridge chips have become blocked, but also include bad memory, bad video, or as in your case being unable to write to the hard drive.

With the hard drive beep error the recommended procedure is to disconnect the hard drive/optical drive cables one at a time and then boot with the drive disconnected. If the beep code goes away then it is probably the connector which is faulty, so based on this advice disconnect the hard drive cable then power up the laptop. If the error code is no longer present then the connector is faulty, which means replacing the hard drive connector cable.

Try this procedure first and see if it resolves the error and let us know the results, there are as I said other reasons for the beep code but this is the most likely suspect.

Grumpybear2000
08-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Ok will try taking bottom off laptop and see if there is anything amiss tomorrow when get home. Forgot to mention if touch some of the keys on the keyboard the noise does go away for a little while.